Sunil Narine - Performance watch

IAJ

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
Looking forward to watch him bowl in english conditions.

He has good averages in all formats but this is a totally different ball game.

Hopefully he will have a good debut.

Very much looking forward to Sunil's bowling. I feel he is more than just a mystery spinner, i really hope that he shines well in this game and the games to come.

looking forward,but woulnt judge him based on this alone.tough conditions out there

hes only hope for WI though to get Eng out quickly

Pitch really is flat though and ball doesn't seem to be spinning however knowing how rubbish England are he may cause more than a few problems.

Good steady first over by Narine. Seems like his fingers are a bit cold?

Last edited:
I must say its real fun watching a good spinner battle against top quality batting in a test match. Theres nothing like it in a game of cricket.

He's getting thrashed, Shillingford with no mystery was doing better (Hope he proves me wrong here)

He's probably less expensive in T20s than he has been so far here :))

Last edited:
^lol its just 5 overs.surely Shillingford wasnt taking a wicket every 5 overs

he is not bowling as well as he can seems like the pressure is getting to him and the conditions are not favourable either, but its only his debut hopefully he performs better in the future with more experience

short and wide and smashed or too full and smashed! seems to be the story of his debut so far, needs to hold a better line and length! :/

Just like Rahat Ali had to bowl to Sanga and Dilshan, Narine had to face the two best players of spin from England, KP and Bell.

With more confidience he will bowl better I think.

even in ipl narine wasn't taking wickets from 1St game. he took some time to settle.plus even Swann struggled on this wicket.let's judge him after 3-5 tests whether he is as good in tests as in odis

Last edited:
I hate the way the commentators are saying england have picked him etc when i feel as if he has so much more to offer which england have not seen yet?..this is not the best of him

He can turn the ball both ways but doesn't look a threat at all. He may have done well in the IPL but that's domestic level and a different format. Test cricket separates the boys from the men. :ajmal

He can turn the ball both ways but doesn't look a threat at all. He may have done well in the IPL but that's domestic level and a different format. Test cricket separates the boys from the men. :ajmal

give him time.Ajmal also didnt hv a gr8 start,but now is a champ

give him time.Ajmal also didnt hv a gr8 start,but now is a champ

Ajmal wasn't a champ at the start, you know, he was just another spinner. Michael Hussey transformed him, just see his stats after that debacle and before it, it's so different, you'd think they were different players

And that is what makes him a great player for me because he didn't get demoralised but made himself better. That's what Narine must aim to do too

Sure, I'm judging him based on first impressions on his test match debut but please don't compare him to Ajmal.

not comparing,just saying how a start can not be used to judge any player.I'm confident he'll have good career

Finn's playing him with ease, that is ridiculous, he's not flighting it at all, too flat

what's the difference?

in carrom ball,the ball is held normally between thumb n second finger n then pushed out by index finger like a carrom striker

in knuckle ball,it is held between the knuckles of index n ring finger

Ajmal is the best offspinner in limited over cricket without doubt but in tests I rank both swann and ajmal at the same level. Narine might have troubled the batsman in IPL but intl cricket and test cricket is a different ball game. The guy ofcourse lacks something very important: line and length. well of course he is young and still has a lot to go, or maybe to become another mendis

Ajmal begin his career as a very ordinary bowler but he has improved himself. The same with shakib, when he first got into the scene he was both an ordinary batsman and bowler, but got chances only because he could do both and now today he is a class in both departments without question. A real cricketer will improve himself overtime. so at the end of the day its about temparement, its temperament that seperate men from boyz

Ajmal is the best offspinner in limited over cricket without doubt but in tests I rank both swann and ajmal at the same level. Narine might have troubled the batsman in IPL but intl cricket and test cricket is a different ball game. The guy ofcourse lacks something very important: line and length. well of course he is young and still has a lot to go, or maybe to become another mendis

Ajmal begin his career as a very ordinary bowler but he has improved himself. The same with shakib, when he first got into the scene he was both an ordinary batsman and bowler, but got chances only because he could do both and now today he is a class in both departments without question. A real cricketer will improve himself overtime. so at the end of the day its about temparement, its temperament that seperate men from boyz

Ajmal is much much better than Swann.

in carrom ball,the ball is held normally between thumb n second finger n then pushed out by index finger like a carrom striker

they both go the other way right?

Sunil Narine is the best spinner in the world atm :Wasi90k :))

indian teaching about bowling to a pakistani :))) :)))

Sehwag - "The rest period is over and I am set to train, and play in the IPL" LOOL...... Bt anyways regarding narine its his debut guys take a chill pill

It was just his first match, you guys need to relax, it takes time to adjust

what do you want him to do, take a 5fer in his first match??? and that too in wet conditions

It was just his first match, you guys need to relax, it takes time to adjust

what do you want him to do, take a 5fer in his first match??? and that too in wet conditions
I do agree. But, instead of his T20- skills, I see more potential in his learning aptitude.

When his side needed him the most he delivered...it came just as Nass said he hadn't produced at International level...his last two overs at the death are why there is a super over now...

His fielding is appalling though...

On the evidence of his complete inability to turn a ball or take a genuine Bdeshi wicket, I think he might be best suited to the short formats. He has shown nothing in tests so far.

Perhaps Bishoo would be better for WI in tests.

^^^

agreed about the last part. Narine doesnt look like a world beater in tests

Sunil Narine - Not the same bowler?

In his preferred format, he isn't quite living up to his billing as a match winner anymore.

Has the mystery been analyzed out of him? What's going wrong?

Another bowler who has been unable to replicate himself at his chucking best, post action clearance.

Maybe not the same bowler but a completely different batsmen these days. :kp

Back