Teams with longest winning streaks

abdulrafay33

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
Thought of sharing it with you guys, don't know if its been already discussed..

1) Australia – 21 ODIS (January 2003-May 2003)

2) Australia – 16 Tests (December 2005-January 2008)

3) Australia – 16 Tests (October 1999-March 2001)

4) South Africa – 12 ODIS (February 2005-October 2005)

5) Pakistan – 12 ODIS (November 2007-June 2008)

6) West Indies – 11 Tests (March 1984-December 1984)

7) West Indies – 11 ODIS (June 1984-February 1985)

8) Australia – 11 ODIS (March 2007-April 2007)

9) Sri Lanka – 9 Tests (August 2001-March 2002)

10) South Africa – 9 Tests (March 2002-May 2003)

Eye catching is those 16 tests twice by the same team.

Total domination.

Yaah, that side used to play every single test for win.

Even current Aus team is aggressive in nature but that team dominated cricket in all forms for such a long time. Used to get boring at times but it was great to see some players standing up against them.

^ totally agreed. but I think this current Aussie side might also do some specials..

^ totally agreed. but I think this current Aussie side might also do some specials..

Aus don't have the players to do the same. At least not right now. Currently they are riding a wave due to Johnson and Harris is not getting young. Batting is still a suspect in my opinion. Aus will do fine but I doubt we will see that kind of domination from any team soon.

I had high hopes from SA but Smith made it clear that he simply wants to avoid losing before trying for a win. You can't dominate cricket with that attitude. SA did have a great building blocks to dominate. Great bowlers, batters and fielders when all other teams are struggling with one weakness or another.

Last edited:
Yaah, that side used to play every single test for win.

Even current Aus team is aggressive in nature but that team dominated cricket in all forms for such a long time. Used to get boring at times but it was great to see some players standing up against them.

Growing up. Even as an Australian fan I used to want certain batsmen like Lara to play well against us- because I knew the match would last 4 or maybe 5 days but we'd still win so I had no problems watching someone like Lara score 200.

The 3rd best streak was broken by India in that epic Test match i think #Dravid #Laxman

Two of Australias ODI streaks there include the world cup wins in 2003 and 2007 where Ricky Ponting led the side to win every game we played.

In that same era as those two 16 game streaks the aussies also had two 7 game streaks.

One started not long after the 1st streak ended and the other started not long after the 2nd 16 game streak.

So 4 of the aussies best 5 winning runs happened in that 11 year period.

Last edited:
I think India hold the longest streak of winning while chasing
Correct me if i am wrong

And what about longest streak of not winning a single overseas test by this same great Team India, 26 matches without a win, it will take some beating by any Test team except BD & ZIM. Indians should be proud of this record

16 straight test wins. Wow and they've done it twice. That's quite an achievement, unbelievable team. I mean 16 straight wins!! No draws no losses just wins.

If a team goes 16 tests without a defeat they're very very good. To go 16 straight wins is incredible and I'll go so far as to say it won't be repeated.

17 straight losses and 26 without a win, what a great and unbelievable record by team india

:))) :))) Our "legendary" 12 win streak under Malik's captaincy. 11 of those wins coming against Bang/Zimbabwe.

Pakistan has a record 14 losses in a row over a period of 5 years in ODIs against South Africa. Mid 90s.

Back