[PICTURES/VIDEOS] The alarming decline of Mitchell Starc

He started terribly but in the knockouts, he might just find his forte back.

He started terribly but in the knockouts, he might just find his forte back.

Bowls a little too full. He is always like this. Bowls 1 good delivery then 3 or 4 average deliveries. Remember the world T20 final in 2021. Kane williamson destroyed him. He went for 60 runs 4 overs. Hazlewood went only for 16 runs in 4 overs. In between he bowls 5 wides frequently. Plus he bowls high full tosses too. Pretty erratic bowler.

Starc has not been in top form in this IPL. But as the world cup is coming, we might see him taking his from more seriously like we have seen in the last game. Australia would want starc to be in 100 percent serious form because he has been their main spearhead for a decade now or even more than that.

Bowls a little too full. He is always like this. Bowls 1 good delivery then 3 or 4 average deliveries. Remember the world T20 final in 2021. Kane williamson destroyed him. He went for 60 runs 4 overs. Hazlewood went only for 16 runs in 4 overs. In between he bowls 5 wides frequently. Plus he bowls high full tosses too. Pretty erratic bowler.

There are days when Hazelwood goes for plenty himself. I remember Bairstow destroyed Hazelwood in a IPL match as latter went for 64 runs in 4 overs. So, anyone can have such poor games.

There is no reason to not worry that Starc can desteoy opponents in a knockout game. However, even if he performs there, he won't justify the price tag anyways.

There are days when Hazelwood goes for plenty himself. I remember Bairstow destroyed Hazelwood in a IPL match as latter went for 64 runs in 4 overs. So, anyone can have such poor games.

There is no reason to not worry that Starc can desteoy opponents in a knockout game. However, even if he performs there, he won't justify the price tag anyways.

Starc was destroyed by Buttler too in that world T20. He went for 9 an over. Worst bowler i think. Bumrah ER was 5 in that world T20.

Starc was destroyed by Buttler too in that world T20. He went for 9 an over. Worst bowler i think. Bumrah ER was 5 in that world T20.
Another humble pie for you

Performed again when it mattered the most.

Presumably, there are other innings against Starc where Starc didn't get him out

1oYqVYA.png

Where is that guy that kept talking rubbish about Starc after he bent India and using the IPL to categorise his form, now he has won the damn thing with little effort. Off all the players to criticise in the world, imagine the state of mind you need to be in to pick Starc 🤣 goodness me, the tiny folk continue to amaze me

Last edited by a moderator:
Another humble pie for you

What humble pie dude. HE is a swing bowler. When he has swing and landing gets right he can be deadly somethign he couldn't do all season. Everyone was like "He is playing deliberately poorly" lol Those are the guys who should eat humble pies.

Like Starc , some players raise their level in big matches, Mohd Amir also does the same.
It is funny to see that you are putting them in the same sentence. Amir is not worthy of lacing his boots.

Starc has had a legendary all-format career. Amir is a nobody in comparison.

Starc fit and ready for T20 World Cup after heatwave-hit IPL​

Mitchell Starc dismissed fears the intense Indian heat might have drained him during his IPL-winning exploits, with the Australian declaring Monday he was fit and ready for the T20 World Cup.

The 34-year-old left-arm pace spearhead lived up to his record $2.98 million price tag with an opening burst of 2-14 to set up a third title triumph for the Kolkata Knight Riders against Sunrisers Hyderabad on Sunday.

At the end of the two-month tournament, largely played in relentless heatwave conditions, player-of-the-match Starc helped dismiss Hyderabad for 113 as Kolkata cruised to their target with 9.3 overs to spare in Chennai.

"My body is fine," Starc, who took 17 wickets in 13 matches, told reporters in a post-midnight news conference at the end of extended Kolkata team celebrations.

"I've played enough cricket to manage that sort of thing. T20 is not as demanding as Test cricket. It's been warm, it's been humid, so that plays a part, but that's fine," he said.

The T20 World Cup begins in the United States and the West Indies on Saturday, , with Australia's first match against Oman on June 6.

"It will be cooler in the West Indies than it has been over here," said Starc, who was also player of the match against the same opponents Hyderabad in the 44 Celsius heat of Ahmedabad last week.

"I have thoroughly enjoyed this season, it's been great," he said.

"It leads into a World Cup, so that's the other side of the benefit of being here, against some amazing players in an amazing tournament.

"I look forward to being back next year."

Starc was less certain about playing in the next 50-over World Cup in 2027.

"Moving forward, I am certainly closer to the end of my career than start, so one format may drop off," Starc admitted.

"It is a long time before the one-day World Cup," he said, and was unsure "whether that format continues for me or not".

He also hinted that he might like to play more T20 leagues around the world.

Over the last nine years, Starc said he had "prioritised Australian cricket".

He was looking forward, after the World Cup, to taking "time off, give my body a break and spend some time away from cricket with my wife."

Starc has taken 668 wickets in all three international formats after representing Australia in 89 Tests, 121 one-day internationals and 60 Twenty20 internationals.

The veteran had a slow start in a tournament where bat often ruled ball before taking 3-28 against Lucknow Super Giants last month.

Bowlers came in for hefty punishment in this year's batting-friendly IPL.

Hyderabad posted record IPL totals of 277 and 287 as the impact substitute allowed teams an extra batsman.

Starc does not expect batsmen to dominate so much in the World Cup.

"I don't see 270 in the World Cup, just purely because you are one less batter without an impact player rule," said Starc.

"Time will tell. Batters have been brave in the powerplay, they're striking the ball well.

"The wickets may not be the same in the West Indies, they may turn.

"Hopefully, the bowlers come into play a bit more than they have been through the IPL, but I am sure it will be an exciting World Cup."

Starc fit and ready for T20 World Cup after heatwave-hit IPL​

Mitchell Starc dismissed fears the intense Indian heat might have drained him during his IPL-winning exploits, with the Australian declaring Monday he was fit and ready for the T20 World Cup.

The 34-year-old left-arm pace spearhead lived up to his record $2.98 million price tag with an opening burst of 2-14 to set up a third title triumph for the Kolkata Knight Riders against Sunrisers Hyderabad on Sunday.

At the end of the two-month tournament, largely played in relentless heatwave conditions, player-of-the-match Starc helped dismiss Hyderabad for 113 as Kolkata cruised to their target with 9.3 overs to spare in Chennai.

"My body is fine," Starc, who took 17 wickets in 13 matches, told reporters in a post-midnight news conference at the end of extended Kolkata team celebrations.

"I've played enough cricket to manage that sort of thing. T20 is not as demanding as Test cricket. It's been warm, it's been humid, so that plays a part, but that's fine," he said.

The T20 World Cup begins in the United States and the West Indies on Saturday, , with Australia's first match against Oman on June 6.

"It will be cooler in the West Indies than it has been over here," said Starc, who was also player of the match against the same opponents Hyderabad in the 44 Celsius heat of Ahmedabad last week.

"I have thoroughly enjoyed this season, it's been great," he said.

"It leads into a World Cup, so that's the other side of the benefit of being here, against some amazing players in an amazing tournament.

"I look forward to being back next year."

Starc was less certain about playing in the next 50-over World Cup in 2027.

"Moving forward, I am certainly closer to the end of my career than start, so one format may drop off," Starc admitted.

"It is a long time before the one-day World Cup," he said, and was unsure "whether that format continues for me or not".

He also hinted that he might like to play more T20 leagues around the world.

Over the last nine years, Starc said he had "prioritised Australian cricket".

He was looking forward, after the World Cup, to taking "time off, give my body a break and spend some time away from cricket with my wife."

Starc has taken 668 wickets in all three international formats after representing Australia in 89 Tests, 121 one-day internationals and 60 Twenty20 internationals.

The veteran had a slow start in a tournament where bat often ruled ball before taking 3-28 against Lucknow Super Giants last month.

Bowlers came in for hefty punishment in this year's batting-friendly IPL.

Hyderabad posted record IPL totals of 277 and 287 as the impact substitute allowed teams an extra batsman.

Starc does not expect batsmen to dominate so much in the World Cup.

"I don't see 270 in the World Cup, just purely because you are one less batter without an impact player rule," said Starc.

"Time will tell. Batters have been brave in the powerplay, they're striking the ball well.

"The wickets may not be the same in the West Indies, they may turn.

"Hopefully, the bowlers come into play a bit more than they have been through the IPL, but I am sure it will be an exciting World Cup."

Mitchell Starc has hinted at retirement from one of the formats in international cricket here as he is less certain about playing in the next 50-over World Cup in 2027.

It is funny to see that you are putting them in the same sentence. Amir is not worthy of lacing his boots.

Starc has had a legendary all-format career. Amir is a nobody in comparison.
You take things too personal against some players, since Amir emerged , your country hasn't won any ICC trophy without Amir's significant role it.

What a champion bowler. His success in knockouts, finals speaks volumes about his champion mindset. He was made fun in the beginning for his price but turned on MOTM performances in finals and Q1. Some super star players fly off the handle with tiny hit of criticism and booing.

Starc proved that greats don't decline in any phase of their career. The way he performed in the IPL knockouts was truly remarkable.

Mitchell Starc has hinted at retirement from one of the formats in international cricket here as he is less certain about playing in the next 50-over World Cup in 2027.
I am sure there will be a bunch of elated KKR fans if this happens. He was wonderful this season. Worth all the millions his contract is for.

The way Starc performed in the knockout games in IPL, we should say this " THE ALARMING RISE OF STARC".

Back