The Altaf Hussain cult

Saudi

Local Club Star
Runs
Can any Karachiite clue me into why there is a cult based on "bhai" amongst MQM members/supporters? Calling him "Quaid", taking any criticism or insult of him personally(moreso than any other politician from other parties), the bizarre telephonic speeches etc etc. I mean its nothing new for me but if you think about it, he is more of a cult leader than a political leader.

Basically I want to know how he transformed from a simple politician into a cult figure? How does he inspire so much loyalty and veneration amongst his supporters?

And lastly, as an aside, what might be the real reason he has not returned to Pakistan? As Imran Khan once said, how can a man whose party rules the city be unsafe there?

:altaf

I will let Zarrar, the great khan, Mohsin and others explain that.....they know more about Altaf and MQM than anyone here.

I will let Zarrar, the great khan, Mohsin and others explain that.....they know more about Altaf and MQM than anyone here.

Yeah, this thread is likely to just end up in people badmouthing Altaf using the same old cliches. But tbh I honestly want an objective discussion, especially from people who are actually from the city.

Altaf bhai is related to dawood ibrahim going by his looks. And also he wanted to go back to motherland if they can take him back. Any other question?

Altaf bhai is related to dawood ibrahim going by his looks. And also he wanted to go back to motherland if they can take him back. Any other question?

haha good spot.

_42928527_hussain_body.jpg

dawood-ibrahim.jpg

Can any Karachiite clue me into why there is a cult based on "bhai" amongst MQM members/supporters? Calling him "Quaid", taking any criticism or insult of him personally(moreso than any other politician from other parties), the bizarre telephonic speeches etc etc. I mean its nothing new for me but if you think about it, he is more of a cult leader than a political leader.

Basically I want to know how he transformed from a simple politician into a cult figure? How does he inspire so much loyalty and veneration amongst his supporters?

And lastly, as an aside, what might be the real reason he has not returned to Pakistan? As Imran Khan once said, how can a man whose party rules the city be unsafe there?

I ask how the Bhuttos could have been assassinated while belonging to the biggest political dynasty ? It is this simplistic view that is really frustrating to see . Why did Mr Tsunami need security when the people love him so much ? Why do the President , Prime Minister , doctors , businessmen go around with private guards ?

Last edited:
Yeah, this thread is likely to just end up in people badmouthing Altaf using the same old cliches. But tbh I honestly want an objective discussion, especially from people who are actually from the city.

Personally , I am not a fan of Altaf Hussain either . He is pretty much a clown but it works for him somehow .

PTI just entered the scene now . It was MQM that came up , or should I say with Army`s backing , were established to limit PPP`s vote bank to Interior . This party promised no feudalism but middle class people could also become leaders of their country . Altaf even went to Punjab with this manifesto and he was supported well by the people of Punjab there . That speech is also available on Youtube , with Nawaz Sharif also sitting there . The feudal lords , chaudhrys , pirs , makhdooms did feel quite threatened . That is what led to the Jinnahpur drama and MQM and Urdu speaking people , mostly of the middle class and Karachi , started being targeted . Houses of people were raided , young men of Urdu speaking background were put in jails even though they were not involved with the party . There was constant firing throughout the day and night , you could not go out to get grocery . People would wake up in the morning to find bullet holes on their walls and what not .

Now people were obviously angry , their hope was Altaf Hussain and he was fighting their cause . Obviously , it will be not easy for someone who has not been through this to understand their feelings and thoughts . Many innocent were killed .

Eventually people started to admit that it was all drama to target MQM and Urdu speaking people . So , it maybe insecurity , solace , not stepping out of their comfort zone but they do support MQM because of the history . There are personal experiences and feelings involved here .

PS - No one in my family belongs to the party but if there is one party they have to vote for , it will be MQM . We have been through the curfews , constant firing , random raids and our family members being " picked up " without having any affiliation or connection to the party . Many young people felt outraged and joined MQM .

Last edited:
^How are you guys any different than the PPP supporters? They blindly support the Bhutto clan and you lot are blind supporters of MQM irrespective of their performance overt he past five years.
Karachi is a gutter. The most dangerous city in the world. MQM is the party that has held sole power over it for the past 20 years. Yet people deny their shortcomings and shift the blame elsewhere.

Punjab saw record development under Shahbaz Sharif. But I'll still blame him for law and order, education and health problems because in the end he was responsible for all that.

@Saudi's question. It all boils down to a false sense of insecurity. The mentality that Balochs, Sindhis, Pakhtoons and Punjabis will eat us alive unless MQM protects us has been ingrained in the Karachiites minds over the years. MQM has been practising a form of neoconservatism to attract the masses.

I'm not denying that injustice happened to them during ZAB's era but a reaction of this magnitude.... other factors are at play. Any person with half a mind can see through their game.

Last edited:
All i can say is that governor Sindh Dr.Ishrat Ibad is given sitara-e-imtiaz as during his reign almost 35,00 citizens in Karachi have been killed

from wikileaks:

S) MQM’s armed members, known as “Good Friends,” are the largest non-governmental armed element in the city. The police estimate MQM has ten thousand active armed members and as many as twenty-five thousand armed fighters in reserve.
This is compared to the city’s thirty-three thousand police officers. The party operates through its 100 Sector Commanders, who take their orders directly from the party leader, Altaf Hussain, who lives in exile in the United Kingdom. The Sector Commanders plan and monitor the activities of the armed elements. MQM’s detractors claim these armed men are involved in extortion, assassination of political rivals, shootings at campaign rallies, and the murder of people from other ethnic communities.

¶4. (S) Low to middle-ranked police officials acknowledge the extortion and the likely veracity of the other charges. A senior police officer said, in the past eight years alone, MQM was issued over a million arms licenses, mostly for handguns. Post has observed MQM security personnel carrying numerous shoulder-fired weapons, ranging from new European AKMs to crude AK copies, probably produced in local shops.
MQM controls the following neighborhoods in Karachi: Gulberg, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Korangi, Landhi, Liaquatabad, Malir, Nazimabad, New Karachi, North Nazimabad, Orangi Town, Saddar and Shah Faisal.

Personally , I am not a fan of Altaf Hussain either . He is pretty much a clown but it works for him somehow .

PTI just entered the scene now . It was MQM that came up , or should I say with Army`s backing , were established to limit PPP`s vote bank to Interior . This party promised no feudalism but middle class people could also become leaders of their country . Altaf even went to Punjab with this manifesto and he was supported well by the people of Punjab there . That speech is also available on Youtube , with Nawaz Sharif also sitting there . The feudal lords , chaudhrys , pirs , makhdooms did feel quite threatened . That is what led to the Jinnahpur drama and MQM and Urdu speaking people , mostly of the middle class and Karachi , started being targeted . Houses of people were raided , young men of Urdu speaking background were put in jails even though they were not involved with the party . There was constant firing throughout the day and night , you could not go out to get grocery . People would wake up in the morning to find bullet holes on their walls and what not .

Now people were obviously angry , their hope was Altaf Hussain and he was fighting their cause . Obviously , it will be not easy for someone who has not been through this to understand their feelings and thoughts . Many innocent were killed .

Eventually people started to admit that it was all drama to target MQM and Urdu speaking people . So , it maybe insecurity , solace , not stepping out of their comfort zone but they do support MQM because of the history . There are personal experiences and feelings involved here .

PS - No one in my family belongs to the party but if there is one party they have to vote for , it will be MQM . We have been through the curfews , constant firing , random raids and our family members being " picked up " without having any affiliation or connection to the party . Many young people felt outraged and joined MQM .

Granted Urdu speaking folks were targeted once but does that give them the license to terrorize rest of the city now?

PTI just entered the scene now . It was MQM that came up , or should I say with Army`s backing , were established to limit PPP`s vote bank to Interior . This party promised no feudalism but middle class people could also become leaders of their country . Altaf even went to Punjab with this manifesto and he was supported well by the people of Punjab there . (Myth, the MQM has failed to get any mileage in punjab because at its core it is anti-punjabi)) (who can forget the slogan:"sindhi muhajir bhai bhai yay naswaar or dhoti kahan say ayee")

That speech is also available on Youtube , with Nawaz Sharif also sitting there . The feudal lords , chaudhrys , pirs , makhdooms did feel quite threatened . That is what led to the Jinnahpur drama and MQM and Urdu speaking people , mostly of the middle class and Karachi , started being targeted . (when did this happen. give me the date. If its in 92 onwards then what was the MQM doing in the decade or so before? why dont the mqm supporters also talk about what happened in the 80's leading up to the operations? Im tired of eharing about how mazloom the MQM were.)

Houses of people were raided , young men of Urdu speaking background were put in jails even though they were not involved with the party . There was constant firing throughout the day and night , you could not go out to get grocery . People would wake up in the morning to find bullet holes on their walls and what not . (yeah well many of us faced that way before any operation in areas where the MQM did not have a stronghold until it got rid of people it wanted to. The MQM had its fair share of atrocities too, way before any operation)

Now people were obviously angry , their hope was Altaf Hussain and he was fighting their cause . Obviously , it will be not easy for someone who has not been through this to understand their feelings and thoughts . Many innocent were killed . (yes because altaf was a nobody before 1992 wasnt he?)

Eventually people started to admit that it was all drama to target MQM and Urdu speaking people . So , it maybe insecurity , solace , not stepping out of their comfort zone but they do support MQM because of the history . There are personal experiences and feelings involved here . (Mostly anti punjabi,anti pakhtun feeling stoked up by the MQM and apmso over the years.)

PS - No one in my family belongs to the party but if there is one party they have to vote for , it will be MQM . We have been through the curfews , constant firing , random raids and our family members being " picked up " without having any affiliation or connection to the party . Many young people felt outraged and joined MQM .(aap ko mubarak ho, kay aap aik terrorist party ko support kurtay ho)

I highlighted gulshan iqbal on the wikileaks post for a reason. before altaf came on the scene it wasnt a mqm stronghold.now it is. why?

Khan sahab, too bad you took the bait laid out by real closet Altaf cultist, none other than Saadibaba...

He wanted to clear the deck before he came out with unchallenged spouting his "Qaseeday" of the greatest Quaid of the modern age...

^How are you guys any different than the PPP supporters? They blindly support the Bhutto clan and you lot are blind supporters of MQM irrespective of their performance overt he past five years.
Karachi is a gutter. The most dangerous city in the world. MQM is the party that has held sole power over it for the past 20 years. Yet people deny their shortcomings and shift the blame elsewhere.

Punjab saw record development under Shahbaz Sharif. But I'll still blame him for law and order, education and health problems because in the end he was responsible for all that.

@Saudi's question. It all boils down to a false sense of insecurity. The mentality that Balochs, Sindhis, Pakhtoons and Punjabis will eat us alive unless MQM protects us has been ingrained in the Karachiites minds over the years. MQM has been practising a form of neoconservatism to attract the masses.

I'm not denying that injustice happened to them during ZAB's era but a reaction of this magnitude.... other factors are at play. Any person with half a mind can see through their game.

The gutter is still responsible for the development you saw in Punjab

You either get terrorised or terrorise others .

Altaf or Mqm leaders were never terrorized, only the small folk were. Throughout the 80s, Altaf provoked whoever he could to bring this upon Karachi and play the victim
card, and army happily proceeded because it served their interests. Only
One loser in all this and, sadly, the loser is blind too since he made his own ennemy quaid e tehreek because "nobody is better, at least altaf defends the persecuted urdu speaking".

And then people go around wondering why people follow their brotherhood and jageerdars when it is basically the same propaganda machinery "everyone who attacks me attacks us all. Look at those who want to take our land away, impose fahashi, give their own
Men position, have more load-shedding in our village, kill us and walk freely,..." Sounds familiar, huh?

:facepalm: I personally know MQM workers who were killed . They managed to create Haqiqis out of MQM and they are considered ghaddars by most Urdu speaking people . Even the Haqiqi - MQM fight was the cause for a lot of casualties

And this is why MQM will always have support .

No matter which govt Punjab is mostly taken care of .That's where most voting population is you gotta keep them happy .

Pakistan is a country where people function as a tribal society. Most of the political parties despite claiming national parties but operate as ethnic parties ( that include PPP, who always play black mail politics of using Sindh card).

I don't blame people of Karachi for supporting MQM, what other choice they have? support PPP ( Karachi never a PPP city, in fact city is one of the strong anti PPP element). PMLN is basically a Punjab based party. PTI is too early to say anything but could give tough time if get the power and if proves to them they care about the city.

One more thing to explain, majority of the people of the Karachi do not support Altaf Hussain, but they support MQM, because they do not have any other choice. Their support is based on choice of exclusion.

No matter which govt Punjab is mostly taken care of .That's where most voting population is you gotta keep them happy .

In the past years, I think fed gov has done more sabotaging work than anything and pml-n used the already scarcified funds on meaningless developement. The PPP funds Punjab got were mostly on the zila/tehsil level to their parliamentarians. Fact of the matter is that Punjab is still a province with much more load shedding or gas problems than Sindh in the inner regions.

But I will agree that, given the percentages of population, Karachi and northern Punjab get more mey that they should but those funds get spent on fancy projects. It is not only local bias but also the fact that these regions have more free voters. Yes, it is still not the individual bjt rather little groups of 15 to 1000 votes bundled together, as opposed to whole thousands votes to individuals in other region so this calls for ephemeral things like two year lasting roads or pools and buildings that make you proud about being the hub of Pakistan.

Anyone who disagrees with the creation of Pakistan is a traitor who should be sent back to India on a donkey. :altaf

Pakistan is full of strange people who support a traitor and terrorist.

Altaf bhai is the voice Pakistan needs..creation of Pakistan was inevitable and two nation theory was a means to an end. done and dusted. but many are still clinging to that theory which was only meant for one time. this is a wrong direction.. Altaf Bhai is the sane voice who discounts this theory because that is not pakistan's identity..he wants the country to take a progressive secular path..such people are needed in the political landscape to challenge the jingoists who use MA Jinnah's and Iqbal's names for their own agenda. Jiye Altaf bhai.

If Altaf bhai agrees with Genty's statements in this election
Campaign, I will gladly support him myself :yk

In your little world ordering target killings on a weekly basis is a sane voice. ?

He should move to India, home is where the heart is. :altaf

In your little world ordering target killings on a weekly basis is a sane voice. ?

He should move to India, home is where the heart is. :altaf

More seriously, what anti-pak statements did he make that are in mqm's official stance?

More seriously, what anti-pak statements did he make that are in mqm's official stance?

Against the creation of Pakistan, attacked the founder of Pakistan and orders mass killings of Pakistani citizens, what more do you want? :zoni

If Altaf bhai can run a campaign from London I am all for David Cameron moving to Pakistan and running UK affairs from Quetta. We are all part of the same global village now :boycott

Altaf bhai is the voice Pakistan needs..creation of Pakistan was inevitable and two nation theory was a means to an end. done and dusted. but many are still clinging to that theory which was only meant for one time. this is a wrong direction.. Altaf Bhai is the sane voice who discounts this theory because that is not pakistan's identity..he wants the country to take a progressive secular path..such people are needed in the political landscape to challenge the jingoists who use MA Jinnah's and Iqbal's names for their own agenda. Jiye Altaf bhai.

Please take him back.

Dekh tou dil ki jaaN se uthta hai
Yeh dhuaaN sa kahaN se uthta hai :altaf

He's a terrorist and urdu speakers (in KARACHI) think he protects them.

Beautifully put together and that is exactly how it has gone. now when people and MQM have together suffered so much wrath which is keeping them stick to MQM. It is not easy for people who have not lived in Karachi to understand this easily

P.S.: I am not casting my vote for MQM in upcoming elections. PTI will get my vote

The kind of thinking that led Hitler to power :p

Then again, didnt PTI accuse MQM of fascism? :yk

karachi saw record development when MQM was in power, and shahbaz sharif is the CM of punjab not lahore, mutaafa kamal ws only the mayor of karachi not the CM and his funds were limited

lahore saw record development and not punjab, the punjab is still the same, esp the lower punjab where as MQM doesnt even have the positions in sindh government, MQM is not the chief minister of sindh, MQM is not the interior minister so how can you blame karachi becoming a dangerous city to MQM, its PPP's fault, and they have their guys even in the administration of karachi

in terms of load shedding karachi was heaven as compared to lahore and punjab which endured 12 hours of daily electricity load shedding

and all those so called record development came what? 1-2 years before elections so that mian sahab can have the luxury to brainwash the people and vote for them

the record development lso came because mian sahabs had the record funds in their disposal after the provincial autonomy

mian sahab also nurtures terrorists and makes dealing with them, who then bob karachi and quetta, where as MQM never did deals with terrorists, in taliban hit list MQM is one of the top most priority where as PMLN is the lowest

Last edited:
Beautifully put together and that is exactly how it has gone. now when people and MQM have together suffered so much wrath which is keeping them stick to MQM. It is not easy for people who have not lived in Karachi to understand this easily

P.S.: I am not casting my vote for MQM in upcoming elections. PTI will get my vote

There is a lot people don`t know so it is easy for them to say , well , that was not nice BUT you should not support so and so . Try telling this to families who have buried their young sons or their sole earners of the family , to the people whose family members are still missing to this day , to the women who have been abused , to the kids who have watched their parents get killed in front of their eyes . No one stood up for them back then but MQM , why would anyone stand up for them now ?

The reason everyone wants a piece of Karachi is not because they are faithful to it but because it is the biggest money maker in the whole country for any party .

Even Imran Khan is said to have not come out with the 92 WC trophy in Karachi because he wanted to show it to Lahore first . He has nothing to show in Karachi for now .

If MQM and Musharraf team up again , watch them win major Karachi areas .

farooq sattar is saying that they will have CM of sindh after this elections, if its true then believe me lots of developments will come to karachi and sindh too

Last edited:
punjab government

I will blame MQM, part of the federal government, more than PML-N on this issue unless Punjab is an autonomous region. Wasnt it PPP minister whi kept promising that load shedding would end come various dates? PML-N sucked but they have much less blame than the party who has been in government the most amount of time in the past 10 years.

How come karachi is energetic heaven when the rest of the country has 10+ hours of load-shedding in summer?

Last edited:
I will blame MQM, part of the federal government, more than PML-N on this issue unless Punjab is an autonomous region. Wasnt it PPP minister whi kept promising that load shedding would end come various dates? PML-N sucked but they have much less blame than the party who has been in government the most amount of time in the past 10 years.

How come karachi is energetic heaven when the rest of the country has 10+ hours of load-shedding in summer?

noop it was mostly PMLN to be blamed, because under provincial autonomy they was 'allowed' to make electricity and they were also given record amount of funds

how can you blame MQM? does MQM have the ministry of power and water, did MQM get elected from perticulr constituency of punjab? did MQM had any representitve in punjab government

the federal has become weak and the power of provinces have been strengthened, if PMLN didnt like how the government performed they could hve dissmissed them with no confidence vote, or by leaving the federl, they didnt

why do you think the money for metro bus came from? also it was completed in less then a year, it was a very expensive project, shahbaz spared no money building that, i think he should have given primry focuss to basic people's problem? instead of wasting money on lap tops, youth festival and other useless activities

as a pakistani by heart myself, even if not by passport, i think Altaf Bhai must give way for a new leadership.. yes, he was needed during his time to protect citizens of karachi but now time has come that he retires and make it MQM 2.0. and that will separate the milk from the water..those who hate MQM because of Altaf being not so clean, and those who hate MQM because of the letter M (what it used to stand for)

have seen his videos, and people may laugh at his over the top style, but he makes sense..

on kashmir he said: kashmir is not the property of india or pakistan..kashmir is for kashmiris
on feudal lords he said: measure your height, and we will bring the fitting sack for you.
on punjab he said: dear brothers and sisters of punjab..altaf hussain salutes you endlessly
on shia killings he said: those who are killing shias are killing pakistan
on the pseudo judiciary he said: he wont allow a judicial martial law

pakistan needs the ideology of Altaf bhai..but his ideology is more important than himself, and he must step aside and bring a fresh face to lead MQM in building a more prosperous and peaceful Pakistan.

noop it was mostly PMLN to be blamed, because under provincial autonomy they was 'allowed' to make electricity and they were also given record amount of funds

how can you blame MQM? does MQM have the ministry of power and water, did MQM get elected from perticulr constituency of punjab? did MQM had any representitve in punjab government

the federal has become weak and the power of provinces have been strengthened, if PMLN didnt like how the government performed they could hve dissmissed them with no confidence vote, or by leaving the federl, they didnt

why do you think the money for metro bus came from? also it was completed in less then a year, it was a very expensive project, shahbaz spared no money building that, i think he should have given primry focuss to basic people's problem? instead of wasting money on lap tops, youth festival and other useless activities

Let me get clear on this. If MQM is only elected from Karachi, they should only look after Karachi's interests when given a ministery?

It doesnt matter if they had electricty water ministry or not, they are part of the government and henceforth responsible of its actions. Period.

As for noora league, they quit the coalition, that is the maximum they could do. Demission from parliament equals betraying the mandat you are given.

If Punjab had so much power, why could they not build Kalabagh dam? (the construction of which I oppose BTW).

as a pakistani by heart myself, even if not by passport, i think Altaf Bhai must give way for a new leadership.. yes, he was needed during his time to protect citizens of karachi but now time has come that he retires and make it MQM 2.0. and that will separate the milk from the water..those who hate MQM because of Altaf being not so clean, and those who hate MQM because of the letter M (what it used to stand for)

have seen his videos, and people may laugh at his over the top style, but he makes sense..

on kashmir he said: kashmir is not the property of india or pakistan..kashmir is for kashmiris
on feudal lords he said: measure your height, and we will bring the fitting sack for you.
on punjab he said: dear brothers and sisters of punjab..altaf hussain salutes you endlessly

pakistan needs the ideology of Altaf bhai..but his ideology is more important than himself, and he must step aside and bring a fresh face to lead MQM in building a more prosperous and peaceful Pakistan.

really impressed with ur knowledge about Pakistan (hail Google?) ...

now that's what Altaf says is good'n'all.........as with most politicians, what they say is absolute BS..
lets judge by their actions, Not words.
MQM, PPP, ANP etc have all terrorized Karachi and its people for its own selfish political gains and that's the truth

And lets not forget within a couple of weeks or so , the bus fares doubled and the buses broke down within 24 hours . :sohail Our politicians know how to give the public a lollipop just before election .

Agree , a fresh face would be a welcome change by all . MQM voters are less interested in Altaf Hussain and more in party`s policies .

that Metro BS is a scam

Metro 101 for Dummies: imagine buying a 10 lakh rupees car for 100 lakh rupees for a starving family (with public's money), when they actually needed food and other basic amenities instead :moyo

And lets not forget within a couple of weeks or so , the bus fares doubled and the buses broke down within 24 hours . :sohail Our politicians know how to give the public a lollipop just before election .

Like the lollipop of disagreeing and quitting the gov after 4 years of loyal services and empowerment of the comedy that our gov is?

It may not have cost millions of dollars like noora league's lollipop but it sure cost the lives of thousands in the past 4 years, due to Sindh policies in Karachi or due to fed policies in whole pakistan.

People get what they deserve....

Idk how a sane person can see Altaf Hussain as a great leader or whatever. The man lives abroad because he fears for his life. How can you protect someone when you run away because you yourself are scared of dying. Imagine Obama living in another country and telling the US public about all these great ideologies of his... He wouldn't even be allowed in the country's politics.

Karachi needs to get a new perspective and get into more national politics than only supporting those parties that play the Muhajir card all the time. ANP has been doing this to Pashtoons their whole life but I am glad this is finally catching up to them and people are moving in a new progressive direction.

Idk how a sane person can see Altaf Hussain as a great leader or whatever. The man lives abroad because he fears for his life. How can you protect someone when you run away because you yourself are scared of dying. Imagine Obama living in another country and telling the US public about all these great ideologies of his... He wouldn't even be allowed in the country's politics.

Karachi needs to get a new perspective and get into more national politics than only supporting those parties that play the Muhajir card all the time. ANP has been doing this to Pashtoons their whole life but I am glad this is finally catching up to them and people are moving in a new progressive direction.

and PMLN has been doing it in punjab, you forgot that, and PPP is doing in sindh

people often misunderstand MQM for being ethnic party i dont understnd why they sy so? MQM alwys nominates its members from all across the country, MQM won a seat in gilgit bltistan and won from there even though PTI didnt even win, MQM ws the second highest vote tker in GB

nabeel gabol, an ethnic baloch has joined MQM, similarly his cousin nadia gabol in MQM's MP from karachi, just like that there are sindhi MPAs and given votes in punjab MQM will even make punjabi MPA, MNA

Last edited:

MQMers are not even complaining to begin with .

that Metro BS is a scam

Metro 101 for Dummies: imagine buying a 10 lakh rupees car for 100 lakh rupees for a starving family (with public's money), when they actually needed food and other basic amenities instead :moyo

Or distributing laptops to people with no electricity :msd

isn't it same as bhutto, imran etc

can i say something against them without there devout followers jumping up and down. isnt bhutto was also called quid-e-awam and imran is called by many next to quaid-e-azam. going by your definition, ppp and pti is also cult.

reason is simply some people believe that he is better than all other available options. one can debate it but same way they have every right to believe waht they beliwve. this is call democracy. its new for us , so sometimes it surprises us.

Are you seriously going to compare Bhuttos with Altaf? Dont you see a slight difference between both like, maybe, that bibi and vada bhutto were educated folks who could hold a speech without looking like clowns? Or, less important, that one is giving conference calls from london while other twos are six feet under the ground by choice?

(available evidence suggests that they had choice. Maybe they didny, we may never know, like we will never know if altaf cult is a choice)

Are you seriously going to compare Bhuttos with Altaf? Dont you see a slight difference between both like, maybe, that bibi and vada bhutto were educated folks who could hold a speech without looking like clowns? Or, less important, that one is giving conference calls from london while other twos are six feet under the ground by choice?

(available evidence suggests that they had choice. Maybe they didny, we may never know, like we will never know if altaf cult is a choice)

anybody need more proof

Quaid simply means a leader

Quaid e Azam means A great leader :jinnah

qaid e azam title was given by indians (Gandhi) to Jinnah.. but Altaf bhai got the title of Qaid from Pakistanis.

You will not break Pakistan ! - IK to Altaf

im.jpg

jo pakistan waqai me tod raha he woh to nazar nahi ata like zardari, nawaz shareef, ANP, establishment, wadera sardar etc, magar jis peh 2 martaba army operation kia aur jis ne karachi ko develop kia woh mulk tod raha he

^^^

Not a lie but a facade just like WWE, for entertainment more than anything. All a big circus.

its over that cult.

When I was a kid I used to wonder who are these people who follow this clearly insane person who cant speak properly. But as I grew older I came to understand why he would appeal to an urdu speaking person who was being institutionally discriminated against in the 80s and 90s... It also helped that he actually came across as well-spoken in his speeches of the 80s...

Simple, rights were deprived no job no admissions in universities. Quaid-e-tahreeq altaf hussain sahib emereged as an inqlabi fought for rights and was the voice of urdu speaking people. Lately N league and PTI have a bigger cult, urdu speaking people are over mqm but in punjab bradari system/ keemay kay parathay
are till alive and kicking.
I think Mqm cult is over, mqm is finished!

It is something which always confuses me as to why people follow such a person. I think you have to be in Karachi or an urdu speaker to understand his cult following.

UK police to probe into August 22 speech of MQM founder

KARACHI: A major development took place in the cases relating to the vandalism attack on a media house and anti-Pakistan slogans following a fiery speech by Altaf Hussain on August 22, 2016.

The investigation officer (IO) on Saturday submitted a letter of the Counter Terrorism Wing of the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) in the Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC-II) about the arrival of a London Metropolitan police team to investigate the case and gather evidence, if any, against the founder of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) who is now a British national.

The IO informed the court that London police team has already arrived in Islamabad and police officials dealing with the case have directed to immediately rush to Islamabad along with material evidence to appear before the London police team.
‘Affiliation with MQM founder isolated Muhajirs’

In a letter addressed to the Sindh police chief on April 3, the Counter Terrorism Wing of the FIA said “SO15 Counter Terrorism Command, Metropolitan Police, UK, is conducting investigation into speech made by Altaf Husain on 22nd August 2016. During speech comments made by Altaf Hussain directly led to the crowd dispersing and attacking media outlets in the near vicinity, which resulted in further violence, including assault on police officers and burning of vehicles, encouraged by comments made by Altaf Hussain.”

Informing about the arrival of UK police team in Islamabad on April 6, the letter further said that “the aim of the deployment is to retrieve evidence in the form of written testimony from key witnesses to the events which took place on 22 August 2016. The evidence will then be used to present a case to the Crown Prosecution Service to ascertain whether there is sufficient material to progress a prosecution in the UK courts.”

The police officials who have been directed appear before the UK police team include SI Abdul Ghaffar, Inspector Hameed Khan, DSP Sardar Kanwar Asif, Inspector Peer Shabbir Haider, Constable Rao Rasheed and Constable Qamar Zaman.

The Sindh police chief has also been directed to provide the material evidence relating to the case which include certified copies of CCTV and video footage of the events which occurred on August 22, copies of all scene photography and their exhibits and statements of witnesses who took these photographs, all other relevant material gathered in the course of the investigations conducted in Pakistan.

The police officials who have been summoned have also been directed “to bring with them any record, notes, statements, exhibits, medical notes, photographs or documents or indeed material of any kind.”

It may be recalled that the first hearing of the two cases pertaining to August 22, 2016 incidents was held in ATC-II on October 7 and so far 51 hearings have taken place.

There are 60 accused in this case who are on bail and these include MQM’s deputy convener Amir Khan, Qamar Mansoor, Shahid Pasha, Gul Faraz Khattak, Kunwar Naveed Jameel and former leader DR Farooq Sattar. The eight other accused who are still at large include MQM founder, Aslam Afridi, Zakir Qureshi, Rafi Akbar, Akram Rajput, Arif Khan and Javed Kazmi.

Amir Khan and Farooq Sattar appeared before the ATC after the court on May 9, 2017 ordered the Rangers director-general (DG) to arrest them and produce before the court.

The accused were indicted in these cases on November 3, 2018 while the first witness Judicial Magistrate Kaleemullah Kalhoro recorded his statement on 49th hearing and the counsel for accused Javed Shaukat has cross questioned on this statement on 51st hearing on Saturday.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1945060/1-uk-police-probe-august-22-speech-mqm-founder/

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTVBNUwYxCw

What a fall from Grace

From addressing millions of people in a rally and shutting down a city at a moment's call to becoming a rent a quote guest on Arnab Goswami's show.

What a circus this show is how can people express thier opinion with so many people on the panel do they actually have constructive debates( I never watched a show so I don't know but I also don't wanna generalize maybe this was a one-off)

What a circus this show is how can people express thier opinion with so many people on the panel do they actually have constructive debates( I never watched a show so I don't know but I also don't wanna generalize maybe this was a one-off)

It’s highest rated news show in indja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTVBNUwYxCw

What a fall from Grace

From addressing millions of people in a rally and shutting down a city at a moment's call to becoming a rent a quote guest on Arnab Goswami's show.

Why blame only Altaf bhai ? About half of the ministers in Imran's cabinet are alumni from Arnab's show. Fawad Chaudhry has appeared a couple of dozen times as guest. Also, that Fayaz-ul-Chohan is another frequent one. Both were punching bags.

I wonder why these ppl are keen to appear on his show despite Arnab's reputation for smacking any guest from Pakistan. Nice appearance fee I guess.

Why blame only Altaf bhai ? About half of the ministers in Imran's cabinet are alumni from Arnab's show. Fawad Chaudhry has appeared a couple of dozen times as guest. Also, that Fayaz-ul-Chohan is another frequent one. Both were punching bags.

I wonder why these ppl are keen to appear on his show despite Arnab's reputation for smacking any guest from Pakistan. Nice appearance fee I guess.

I don’t think you remotely understand Pakistani politics or Altaf Bhai’s influence if you’re for a second comparing him to guys like Fawad Chaudhry or Fayyaz ul Chauhan.

Altaf Being on this show as a panelist (not even one on one interview) is like Bal Thackeray being on Arnabs show with other random panelists. It was almost weird for me to see a random nobody from Pakistan shouting at Altaf and calling him a rat on his face considering Altaf till only few years ago is known to have order hitmen on people who have said much much less about him. That just shows how much he has fallen.

Back