The 'Ramadan Kareem' Thread

Square Drive

Test Star
Runs
So fellow PP'ers, Ramadan is just a few days away. :)

Excited for this, I'm kinda new to fasting for 30 days straight. :amir But InshaAllah will do it. :ik

Here in Canada, there will be 17-18 hour fasts in 35-40C degrees. :(

So what Masjid will you pray Tarawih at? Those who will pray at ISNA, list it in this thread. See ya there. :asif

Excited for Ramadan, looking forward to it. It brings a lot of "Ronak". :)

P.S. Have patience. :misbah And do the least sin. The Shayateen will be chained in this month, and each reward gets multiplied. Also, read plenty of Quran as each letter in the Quran gives you 10 rewards! :)

Last edited:

Excited for this, I'm kinda new to fasting for 30 days straight. :amir But InshaAllah will do it. :ik

So what Masjid will you pray Tarawih at? Those who will pray at ISNA, list it in this thread. See ya there. :asif

P.S. Have patience. :misbah And do the least sin. The Shayateen will be chained in this month, and each reward gets multiplied. Also, read plenty of Quran as each letter in the Quran gives you 10 rewards! :)

Islamic Cultural Centre Oslo :D

InshAllah.

which part of Canada are you from, if you are in Calgary we can do iftari togeather some times :)

Great thread SD :)

I don't live in Canada, but still fairly close to it. Same conditions here in the USA regarding the length and temperature. InshaAllah if we have a good intention of fasting all 30 days, we can do it regardless of the heat and length!

I'm very excited for Ramadan, and it is definitely a month of "ronak," worship, and seeking forgiveness from Allah. Let's all benefit from this beautiful month and do good deeds so that we can enter the gates of Jannah. InshaAllah.

which part of Canada are you from, if you are in Calgary we can do iftari togeather some times :)

Ah, I'm in Toronto, Ontario.

Great thread SD :)

I don't live in Canada, but still fairly close to it. Same conditions here in the USA regarding the length and temperature. InshaAllah if we have a good intention of fasting all 30 days, we can do it regardless of the heat and length!

I'm very excited for Ramadan, and it is definitely a month of "ronak," worship, and seeking forgiveness from Allah. Let's all benefit from this beautiful month and do good deeds so that we can enter the gates of Jannah. InshaAllah.

Great stuff Lachrymose. :14:

insaALLah ALmadina islamic centre Calgary :)

InshaAllah. :)

Upto 18 Hours of fasting here too, but InshAllah it will be all 30 days on me

:)

Great. :19:

We are getting into the shorter days now for Ramadan and much nicer weather too. I remember a few years back when it used to be in the middle of summer.

As for Taraweeh, will be praying at my local Kuraby masjid. Doubt I'll see any PPers there :)

Taraweeh at New Brunswick Islamic Center (NBIC) led by our beloved Qari Abdul Basit :D

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AaUdP1PVVEc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great thread SD!

Looking forward to fasting. May Allah give us strength to fast for the whole 30 days. :)

Thank you Doc! :)

Ameen. Pray that your little friend here doesn't accidentally eat some candy in the middle. :21: :inzi

Oh I see Khabri, New Brunswick is a province here in Canada, so thought you lived there. :))

And Sada, yes, Arabs have said that it's on Friday for them as well. :)

Just got this email from Islamic Center at NYU.

"The Islamic Center at NYU, following the opinion of the Fiqh Council of North America and the Islamic Society of North America, will observe the start of Ramadan on Friday, July 20th, 2012 and Eid ul Fitr on Sunday, August 19th, 2012."

I will be volunteering this Ramadan at Islamic Center at NYU every Friday. If you are in New York or east coast, join us for iftari and isha prayer. For more information visit http://nycramadan.com/.

Ramadan Sharif Mubarak to all PP members and hopefully this will bring peace for all Muslims around the world.

Alhamdulillah, already looking forward to this blessed month. May Allah SWT give us the strength to fast all 29/30 fasts, ameen.

You are right, about the "rounak", it's something speciall in the holy month of Ramadhan.

I will be praying Tarawih in our local masjid InshaAllah.
The first Tarawih prayers starting tomorrow at 23:15 and I suppose we will finish around 00: 45 and I will be back home 01:00 and then it's only about 2,5 hours to Sehri ends.

Mabrouk and Good luck to all of you and do a lot of Duas and ibadaat

Last edited:
Just got this email from Islamic Center at NYU.

"The Islamic Center at NYU, following the opinion of the Fiqh Council of North America and the Islamic Society of North America, will observe the start of Ramadan on Friday, July 20th, 2012 and Eid ul Fitr on Sunday, August 19th, 2012."

I will be volunteering this Ramadan at Islamic Center at NYU every Friday. If you are in New York or east coast, join us for iftari and isha prayer. For more information visit http://nycramadan.com/.

Ramadan Sharif Mubarak to all PP members and hopefully this will bring peace for all Muslims around the world.

Alhamdulillah, already looking forward to this blessed month. May Allah SWT give us the strength to fast all 29/30 fasts, ameen.

You are right, about the "rounak", it's something speciall in the holy month of Ramadhan.

I will be praying Tarawih in our local masjid InshaAllah.
The first Tarawih prayers starting tomorrow at 23:15 and I suppose we will finish around 00: 45 and I will be back home 01:00 and then it's only about 2,5 hours to Sehri ends.

Mabrouk and Good luck to all of you and do a lot of Duas and ibadaat

Ramadan Mubarak to you guys too! :)

An easy tip to fast: Sleep and sleep, just pray in the middle and read some Quran. :yk

And the drama begins. They have started saying that now it looks hard that the first fast is on Friday. :))

Can't wait to see the final result! :)

in Calgary...

I think itll also start on Friday here..

Ramadan Kareem everyone :)

May all of you have a blessed Ramadan :)

in United Kingdom....particularly Luton and its surrounding areas there is a conflict of views..

Moonsighting.com suggests that:

July 21, 2012 (Saturday) in the whole world except Japan, Russia, and possibly Pakistan
July 22, 2012 (Sunday) in Japan, Russia, and Pakistan

However, as per usual we have a select few that will be fasting tomorrow (including me, the fast will be a great opp to get practice but, officially the start of Ramadhan worldwide is Sat 21st July 2012)

Any other UK PPer's have similar information to what is found on this site??

It was originally thought fasting would start tomorrow here in the UK, but as usual...we have differing dates

Ramadan Kareem to alll Brothers , Uncles, Aunties, Sisters
of PP

Moon sighted in UAE, Ramadan Mubarak to my UAE PP'ers. Get fasting NJamal bhai. :)

Thanks brother. The blessed month had arrived at last. Thanks to ALLAH that we saw another Ramazan in our lifetime.

Ramazan Kareem to all.

when is the sahri stop time in Canada? There is confusion.

bacha party comes in my brothers :fawad

Haha okay.

Thanks brother. The blessed month had arrived at last. Thanks to ALLAH that we saw another Ramazan in our lifetime.

Ramazan Kareem to all.

No problem. Ramadan Kareem to you too. Yes, we must all be thankful to Allah. :)

So you guys sighted moon at 1:00 pm :yk

Lol no, we have an Arabic Masjid nearby so we follow that. It's most-likely tomorrow.

when is the sahri stop time in Canada? There is confusion.

I think it's 4:23 AM (although some people prefer ending Seher 10 minutes before time).

As'salamu aliakum Brothers and sisters,
May this be a reminder to me first and a reminder to you, we fast for the sake of Allah (subhana wa tala). Because He has ordered us to fast. That is the #1 reason.

#2 reason so that we can learn self-restraint (improve upon that). Cleaning one's heart falls under this self-restraint. One can only clean his/her heart by taking out two things from it. ENVY and HATRED. That is what needs to be practiced in the month of Ramadan besides not eating and drinking. May the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful give all of us the strength to perform fasting as He asked us to perform.

If one just abstains from food and drink and not learn self-restraint within the next month then all he/she did is starve himself/herself.

How does one know his/her prayers and fasting are accepted or not? (self-test) He/she doesn't revert back to the sins after Ramadan (envy-hatred). May Allah guide us to stay on the right pass.

As'salamu aliakum Brothers and sisters,
May this be a reminder to me first and a reminder to you, we fast for the sake of Allah (subhana wa tala). Because He has ordered us to fast. That is the #1 reason.

#2 reason so that we can learn self-restraint (improve upon that). Cleaning one's heart falls under this self-restraint. One can only clean his/her heart by taking out two things from it. ENVY and HATRED. That is what needs to be practiced in the month of Ramadan besides not eating and drinking. May the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful give all of us the strength to perform fasting as He asked us to perform.

If one just abstains from food and drink and not learn self-restraint within the next month then all he/she did is starve himself/herself.

How does one know his/her prayers and fasting are accepted or not? (self-test) He/she doesn't revert back to the sins after Ramadan (envy-hatred). May Allah guide us to stay on the right pass.

MashaAllah, spot on! :)

Ramadan Mubarak everyone. It just feels so good! :yahoo

Thank you SD.

Two more things, this is the month when the stock market of your good deeds are way down. So buy up as much as you can. The rewards would not only double or triple but grow in so many folds that you or me don't know. Keep all of us in your prayers.

lastly, think of those who were with us in the last Ramadan and not with us this year. Who is to say we make it next ramadan intact? Make this one count. Read the Quran as much as possible (understand the meaning, try to implement them in to your life and convey to others).

Ramadan Kareem!!

Hmmm true, may Allah gives us all and our families many more Ramadans, Ameen!

BD-fan has great knowledge. :)

So the Saudi's have received the e-mail from Henry Kissinger to start Ramadan. :)

I won't be following the Saudi's as usual, so will start on Saturday.

Ramadan Kareem to all.

Anyone knows when the first Roza is in UK?

Confusion!

http://moonsighting.com/- check here :usman

So the Saudi's have received the e-mail from Henry Kissinger to start Ramadan. :)

Ramadan Kareem to all.

This is the first time I'm following the Saudis too, because I moved near a Saudi Masjid.

And Ramadan Mubarak to you too. :)

According to that chart on moonsighting.com, the moon won't be visible in North America tonight, so the first roza in Canada should be on Saturday, July 1st.

I follow the hilal committee over here though: http://hilalcommittee.com/index.html

Neither, I live pretty far from both of them. I'll most likely be going to Jamia Riyadhul Jannah, or Meadowvale Islamic Centre.

I've got their timetable too, but I never knew that it was a barelvi masjid.

Hmmm, they say Fitra is $10 per person, whreas other Masjids say it's $5. :98:

They're not Barelvi because of that, they just are, ask anyone. :D

Suspense, suspense, and more suspense. :))

My uncle who lives close-by said that he is fasting tomorrow (he's near a different Masjid), but he's said that the Masjid I live nearby might have the first fast on Saturday. :))

InshaAllah in 2 hours, I'll go for Isha prayer and will find out whether it's Tarawih today or not. :)

Ramadan Kareem to all.

sorry but people are stupid who follow blindly saudi arabia
why don't u pray according to their times ??
why are you praying according to your time zone , why don't u follow saudi arabi timing
people think use your brain ....

Suspense, suspense, and more suspense. :))

My uncle who lives close-by said that he is fasting tomorrow (he's near a different Masjid), but he's said that the Masjid I live nearby might have the first fast on Saturday. :))

InshaAllah in 2 hours, I'll go for Isha prayer and will find out whether it's Tarawih today or not. :)

in Alberta Isha is 12 am lol
its 7 pm and its just afternoon
let us know what are words regarding Ramdan

how are you looking at chart can you please explain me

1433rmd_7-19-2012.gif

Look where Canada is, it's black there = no moon on Thursday. Means the moon will be sighted on Friday (30th Sha'baan) = 1st roza on Saturday.

1433rmd_7-19-2012.gif

Look where Canada is, it's black there = no moon on Thursday. Means the moon will be sighted on Friday (30th Sha'baan) = 1st roza on Saturday.

thank you make sense now
Saturday it is then :)

A little confused, I see both Ramadan and Ramazan wishes online. Is it the same thing ?

No Valid Sighting Reports. Shaban will complete 30 days.
Ramadan 1st Day of Fasting will be on Saturday 21st July, 2012.

RAMADAN MUBARAK!

There have been no confirmed sightings of the new crescent in the parameters of the Hilal Committee on the eve of Thursday July 19th, 2012 (29th Shabaan 1433), therefore the Hilal Committee of the GTA officially declares Shaban to complete 30 days and Ramadan will start on Saturday 21st of July, 2012.

RAMADAN KAREEM TO ONE AND ALL.

First Taraweeh will be on Friday 20th July, 2012
First day of Fasting is on Saturday 21st July, 2012.

http://hilalcommittee.com/

Ramadan Mubarak everyone! :)

Ramadan starting on Saturday for us as well in NY.
Announcement by Fiqh Council of North America
Ramadan 1433 AH: The Astronomical New Moon is on July 19, 2012 (Thursday) at 4:24 Universal Time (7:24 a.m. Makkah time). Sunset at Makkah on July 19 is at 7:05 p.m., while moonset is at 7:11 p.m. Moon is born before sunset in Makkah and moonset is after sunset. Therefore first day of Ramadan is Friday, July 20, insha'Allah. First Tarawih prayer will be on Thursday night.

http://moonsighting.com/ramadan.html

It's tomorrow.
I live in NY as well.

Announcement by Fiqh Council of North America
Ramadan 1433 AH: The Astronomical New Moon is on July 19, 2012 (Thursday) at 4:24 Universal Time (7:24 a.m. Makkah time). Sunset at Makkah on July 19 is at 7:05 p.m., while moonset is at 7:11 p.m. Moon is born before sunset in Makkah and moonset is after sunset. Therefore first day of Ramadan is Friday, July 20, insha'Allah. First Tarawih prayer will be on Thursday night.

http://moonsighting.com/ramadan.html

It's tomorrow.
I live in NY as well.

Yea , mosque in my area is starting on Friday too .

So is it true that Ramzan will start on Saturday in Toronto?

saturday guys these arabs what can i say they are always messing things i hate them

Javed Ghamidi talks about the Moon sighting issue .

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ty6zpcslhAs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back