The 'Ramadan Kareem' Thread

just Tuned in to CTV news , they r saying its on Saturday ...

saturday guys these arabs what can i say they are always messing things i hate them

its not bunch of random arabs sitting around and deciding that we are gonna base our calculations on saudi and decide on that. There are scholars who have a different opinion, respect them on that. Don't hate on them because they have a different opinion on something which even other scholars agree to disagree with them.

Ramzan starts on Saturday here in Canada according to most masjids IMO.

Wish every one a very good Ramadhan.....

Ramdhan brings a complete different feeling and ronak.....

Some of us are fasting today (like me) and some will be keeping their first fast tomorrow, I pray that ALLAH gives us all the ability to spend this month in the best way possible ameen.............

sorry but people are stupid who follow blindly saudi arabia
why don't u pray according to their times ??
why are you praying according to your time zone , why don't u follow saudi arabi timing
people think use your brain ....

Ummm, I'm not "blindly" following Arabs. The Masjid I live near this time is a Saudi Masjid, so HAVE to follow it. Can't go to a desi Masjid that's about 30 minutes-1 hour away every night for Tarawih. And this is the first time I'm following Arabs.

its not bunch of random arabs sitting around and deciding that we are gonna base our calculations on saudi and decide on that. There are scholars who have a different opinion, respect them on that. Don't hate on them because they have a different opinion on something which even other scholars agree to disagree with them.

Agreed. BTW, were you in ISNA yesterday? :D

Ramzan starts on Saturday here in Canada according to most masjids IMO.

Everyone thinks what they're doing is correct. :kami

Started today here in Norway

Same. :)

BTW guys, what's for Iftar today? :D

^Ramzan has not started yet in Canada so how can there be Iftar today?

^Ramzan has not started yet in Canada so how can there be Iftar today?

It has started for some people. If it didn't start for you, it doesn't mean it didn't start for everyone else. Those who live near Arabic Masjids HAD to fast today.

saturday guys these arabs what can i say they are always messing things i hate them

MSC and ISSA announced that Ramadan is on Friday in Calgary.
First day today, Ramadan Mubarak my friend.

everyone i know is starting today, there is this massive confusion in Toronto, but that is only because of two major committees/organization there. Hilal and Isna. I am not gonna give an opinion on who is right or wrong, but a scholar once quoted our Beloved Prophet (Peace be Upon Him), that Ramadan and Eid should be observed as an Ummah, one Ummah. I can't find this Hadith right now on the internet. However, I will go with what the main leaders in North America are doing, that is, ISNA.

Its not Arabs, its the ISC people - they didnt look at the moon for any of the months, they only look for a moon during Ramadan..

Moon will not even be visible tonight, so is it really the 30th of shaban for them? or is it actually the 29th for them, but since they never looked for the moon before, they have to rely on the 'arabs' to give them the date to look for the moon.

Also bro, dont hate the arabs..this is Ramadan :) have patience, and love everyone that you can. Dont 'hate' arabs just because they dont agree with your version of moon sighting (which has its own flaws)..

I am celebrating Ramadan start today in Calgary, and I am not an Arab :)

Ramadan-kareem-greeting-cards.gif

It has started for some people. If it didn't start for you, it doesn't mean it didn't start for everyone else. Those who live near Arabic Masjids HAD to fast today.
Dont fool yourself meray bhai. In Canada, Ramzan is either starting on Friday or on Saturday. It cannot start on Friday and on Saturday. If there were 2 moons then may be it could have happen; but there is only one moon. So either you are wrong or I am wrong. We both cannot be right.

Dont fool yourself meray bhai. In Canada, Ramzan is either starting on Friday or on Saturday. It cannot start on Friday and on Saturday. If there were 2 moons then may be it could have happen; but there is only one moon. So either you are wrong or I am wrong. We both cannot be right.

To be honest, it HAS started on Friday and Saturday. People who live near Arabic Masjids have started on Friday, whereas those who live near Desi Masjids have started on Saturday due to Tarawih. True story.

To be honest, it HAS started on Friday and Saturday. People who live near Arabic Masjids have started on Friday, whereas those who live near Desi Masjids have started on Saturday due to Tarawih. True story.
So people are changing Farz (Fast) because they want to go to the nearest masjid to perform a Sunnah (Tarawih)?
Khud badaltay nahin Quran ko badal daitay hain.

Lol canada is a big country.. The whole country wont sight the moon. Depends on each city

We live in such an advance time, with technology and all sorts of stuff, but we still have dificulty in spotting the moon and deciding when its the start of a new month

Happy Ramadan Kareem to all PPers , had a great first rooza in Madinah.

Just got back from the my first Taraweeh. First sehri in a couple hours. :)

Should I sleep or no?

Slmz, i must say going through this thread, we in SA must make shukr that even though muslims are minority we are united, have freedom to have islamic radio stations too & practise our religoun. Alhamdulillah we don't follow other countries, we sight the moon ourselves & even if it's sighted in another province (mainly Cape Town) we all follow it as we have ulama all over & they all come to a decision so we don't have conflicts & differences, may Allah swt keep it that way & also make it easier for other countries too. Our first roza will be on Saturday. Wslm

Prosperous Ramadhan to the entire world:)!

I'm going well, still have 4 hours and 10 or so minutes before my first Iftaar.
The Taraweeh yesterday were long at Jamie Islamia masjid. I prayed 20 though, maybe that is why.

Pakistan
x610.jpg

610x.jpg

India
610x.jpg

610x.jpg

Libya
x610.jpg

610x.jpg

Afghanistan
610x.jpg

Indonesia
610x.jpg

Bangladesh
610x.jpg

Palestine
610x.jpg

Sehri done. I stacked up on the water, wouldn't want to get dehydrated.

Everybody has different times so I open it at different times.

Glass of water -4pm
Samosa - 5pm
Lamb Curry 6pm

I don't know which time is right so I use all the times.

2nd day haven't really felt any hunger or thirst.

It was pretty difficult to eat last night because my stomach was still full from iftari. Perhaps it's due to the warmth, so I might eat less tonight and drink more fluids.

Everybody has different times so I open it at different times.

Glass of water -4pm
Samosa - 5pm
Lamb Curry 6pm

I don't know which time is right so I use all the times.
It doesn`t work that way . Where do you live ?

2nd roza, about 4 hours left...don't really feel anything Alhamdullilah :)

Its so hot here in Pakistan that you get thirsty pretty quick.

Back