The Talent Spotter: Ali Imran Pasha

kingusama92

T20I Captain
Runs
Post of the Week
This 26 year old right arm pacer has done extremely well in domestic cricket, this year. Ali Imran Pasha turned heads enough that he got a selection for the Pakistan 'A' team tour to Dubai.

Ali Imran Pasha opens the bowling for PIA and has made a spot in the team as one of their opening bowlers. In 41 first class matches, Ali already has a stunning bowling average of 25.72 and has taken 149 wickets.

Speaking with PakPassion.Net, Ali Imran Pasha discussed how he got into cricket, his experience in Dubai and his career aspirations. ​

Full name: Ali Imran Pasha

Born: July 18, 1985, Gujranwala, Punjab

Current age: 26 years 197 days

Major teams: Gujranwala, Pakistan International Airlines,Pakistan Under-19s, Quetta, Quetta Bears, Sialkot,Sialkot Stallions

Height: 6' 1''

Favourite Bowlers: Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis

Batting style: Right-hand bat

Bowling style: Right-arm fast-medium

How I got into cricket: I began playing cricket with my brothers and sisters. After that, I joined club cricket and from there I went into under 19 cricket. From there, I topped in the regional under 19 from which I ended up playing with the Pakistan under 19 team. I played the world cup for Pakistan about 4-5 years ago and then I played a few incomplete seasons. This is the first season where I am playing a full season and I have done well.

Who spotted me: Aaqib Javed was the one. First, I was in the academy with the under 19s and I performed well there. He selected the top 5 names in that group and put them on the board, one of the names was mine. From there, my name was forwarded so that I could play for the Pakistan under 19 team. My name was also mentioned prior the world cup in his interviews.

Department team: I play for PIA and PIA have lot of players who have already played international Cricket, Almost, all of the senior Pakistani bowlers were there. Guys like Fazl-e-Akbar, Najaf Shah, Aizaz Cheema and Anwar Ali. I was basically a supporting bowler for them until last year. This season I have played all of the matches, so I have kept performing well. Before, I used to perform well, but the seniors would end up getting priority because they have been performing as well. Luckily, I have played all of the matches this season and that gave me lot of confidence. I even got a hat trick in one of the games. I have also got 5 five wicket hauls and 1 ten wicket haul. I had 60 wickets in total from 10 matches.

Changes to Bowling: I didn't make many changes. I did what I used to do. This season I was more assured, I kept playing and kept doing well. There was no point in the season where I was scared whether I would play or not. Right in the first match, I took 7 wickets and at that point I knew I would be able to play all of the matches. I just had that confidence in my bowling and it kept increasing as I bowled more.

Playing with Pakistani international cricketers: Yes, my bowling coach Fazl-e-Akbar has told me a lot of things. Topics like the situations and conditions. He's given me a lot of confidence. Since, I have joined PIA, I have talked a lot about cricket with.

Description of my bowling: Well, I am a right arm fast bowler. Naturally, I get the ball to swing in, but I can get outswing, as well. Still, naturally I get the inswing. When the ball gets old, I can get reverse swing. I bowl at the speed of 140 KPH.

Toughest Domestic batsman: Honestly, I don't find any batsman too difficult. If you are bowling well, no matter what batsman is there, you do well. The same goes when you aren't doing well, no matter who the batsman, you lose control and confidence. So, I haven't really found any specific batsman who has caused problems. Still, I think Afaq Raheem from Islamabad has been good and his batting is solid. He was the highest scorer [1088 runs, 54.40 Avg], this season. When you bowl to him, he seems to have a lot of time to play the ball. He tends to easily manage the bowling. Despite him, I don't think anyone has caused many issues.

Most memorable performance: The match against Abbotabad, where I got that hat trick I was talking about before. Plus, in that match I took 12 wickets, so that was a good performance. In fact, it was my career's best performance. There was also the match against Karachi, I didn't take many wickets, but I got a lot of reverse swing in that match. There was also a match against Zarai TBL, where I got reverse swing. So, those were the three matches that were memorable for me season wise and career wise.

Upcoming future: At the moment, I have a bruise on my bone. I had just gone to Dubai for the Pakistan team tour, I have been suggested four weeks rest. So far, it's been two weeks and I have a little bit left. Inshallah, I will get a call for the Asia cup. My name was in the Pentangular Cup for Punjab, but I was obviously unable to bowl due to the injury. I will start bowling again a week or two.

Disappointment with Injury: Yes, I went to Dubai and was bowling very well there. Unfortunately, I ​got this injury and I have ended up missing that opportunity with the Pentangular Cup. So, it does come to mind, but I guess Allah knows best. Due to Allah's will, I have been able to perform well, so hopefully I will be able to do well as we move on. The main goal right now is reaching peak fitness and make my comeback again. We still have the one day domestic competition upcoming and I will be able to prove my fitness there. Hopefully, the selectors see my name as suitable for the team, I will get selected.

Central Contract: Last year, those that performed in domestic cricket were given central contracts. So, Inshallah I hope my name will come in the central contracts. Last year, the top four or five performers from domestic cricket were given those central contracts.

Confidence with 'A' Team Selection: Confidence has indeed gone very high. The fact I went to that level and saw how cricket is played there, so my confidence indeed went up. I think domestic cricket is harder in comparison to that cricket, due to the discipline in that cricket. I got to see how the English played. That cricket is much easier as long as you are mentally strong and are able to handle the pressure. Only then, you have a good chance of performing well.

Experience on 'A' Team Tour: Playing for Pakistan is a dream. All you keep wishing about is that you could stay there and play cricket. You also get hopeful and see a target in front of you, you start thinking about where you are going to bowl to each batsman. All because you want to make an name for yourself. You tend to get inspired when you share the field with those players. You get to learn and the coaches are great, it's just an terrific atmosphere.

My Own Fitness: In the last two or three years, I have worked very hard on my fitness. I played cricket in England and did training over there at the gym. So, for the past two or three years, my fitness has generally been pretty good. I have been bowling a lot of long spells, recently. Bowling for an hour or an hour and half, at a time. Fitness has been good, it's just the recent matches that I played on an uneven and bumpy ground that led to the injury. Otherwise, my fitness has been great for the past few years.

U19 World Cup Experience: It was a memorable time as I was representing the Pakistani team at that level. It was also the first time in history that Pakistan had become champions at that level. So, it was no doubt a historical and memorable moment. It was also a big step in coming into professional cricket and reaching that level. In that world cup, I bowled really well, I was bowling very fast, some were saying that I was bowling at 150 KPH. It was definitely a memorable part of my life. Confidence was sky high at that time for me, you could have brought Tendulkar in front and one could have got him out. This was the type of confidence that I had. The match against India was good, the feeling and the crowd really got the blood pumping. You just wanted to show them what you were made of. It was very fun to play in that match. The first few ball were full of pressure, but after that everything went became normal, in fact I became more aggressive. The crowd was really great and I enjoyed it, thoroughly.

How fast is he?

He could be around 125 k , just like any other domestic medium fast bowler. I just wonder sometimes why all these average guys keeping talking so big about them all the time. He is not exceptional, he is just another kid on the block.

There are atleast 20 bowlers like him on the domestic circuit. I dont want to waste real estate by naming them.

He could be around 125 k , just like any other domestic medium fast bowler. I just wonder sometimes why all these average guys keeping talking so big about them all the time. He is not exceptional, he is just another kid on the block.

There are atleast 20 bowlers like him on the domestic circuit. I dont want to waste real estate by naming them.

Ali Imran seems a good find, with Pakistan's lack of pacers he could be drafted in sometime InshaAllah

Last edited:
saw him bowl at length in the QeA Trophy Final, bowled a matchwinning spell in the HBL 2nd innings.

bowls at decent pace, natural inswing bowler, picture an action combining Asif and Azhar Mahmood.

best of luck to him with the A team!

honestly I can't tell the difference at all with the seamers we produce now. High quantity but low quality.

Best of luck to Ali for the future.

Is he the same guy from the U-19 WC winning side a few yrs ago??

I think he might be the GREATEST OF ALL TIME (G.O.A.T.) :afridi

ah you meant that one, then yes.

I think :butt was also in the team.

deserves a call up average of 17 but wait for it.................... amazing strike rate of 30.

Why isn't he playing this season? Looked like had some potential and even got a call up for the England warm up game in UAE. Any news on him Saj?

hasnt played first class cricket in pakistan for some time now

These should be his peak years

Looking at his link posted above, action looks a bit like Shane bonds

when i first saw him at u19, i thought he will be the new shoaib akhtar for pakistan

played for pia was leading the wicket taker for his department 2yrs ago.

Another talent lost in the system. Seems like a similar case to Jamshed Ahmed - another very talented left arm seamer who couldn't get a decent run in the PIA side. :(

Yea 2 year old thread . He has long hair in this photo, looks like old pakistan bowler who runs in hard with hair flowing in air

He should be tried someday, maybe in tests against bangladesh which are after newzealand series

Bump

If we compare the average and strike rate of all the bowlers in quaid e Azam trophy silver and gold league of last season 2014-2015 then the best among all is this guy Ali Imran Pasha
7 matches 38 wickets with an average of 14.75 and strike rate of 29.7
Overall stats are impressive too.
He is 29 not 35
He is fit athletic he swings it both ways and has got pace and accuracy
In 7 matches he got two fivefers and two tenfers
He deserves a go ahead of shehzad Azam rana , mohammad talha, imran Khan and tabish Khan for pakistan National team in both odis and tests ahead.

Looking at the wicket taking ability and genuine wicket taker bowler whom captain loves he is such a fellow . He is 29 but he is a natural athlete so natural athletes bowl quick till even 36 37 Allan Donald is one example .
For me he was the pick of the bowlers last season as his average and strike was the best among all 200 300 bowlers who played silver and gold league . 7 matches 38 wickets at average of 14.5 strike rate of 29 balls per wicket . 2,3 fivefers 2 , 10fers . Now that needs special effort . His action and runup and follow through is a mixture of mohammad zahid and Shane bond .
He & mohammad abbass are the most unluckiest ones along with Atif Jabbar aswell

was mediocre for 5-6 seasons then had a break through season in 2011 got injured retured after 2 years and had another very good season, selectors would like to see him string together more games before then can trust him with his fitness record.

Last QEA

7 matches 38 wickets at an Ave of 14 and at a SR of 29

2 fivefers

2 Tenfers

Not selected for Pentangular Cup despite having best Ave and SR among all fast bowlers of Silver and Gold League.

Not adjusted in any regional team by PCB despite being among the wickets in qualifiers.

# Gross Injustice

Beautiful action and seam position , bowling to some decent batsmen as well in that video .
And we have Anwar ali opening the bowling for Pakistan.

Why the hell do we have Imran Khan bowling in tests and this guy in domestic?

Why is there so much injustice in our cricket too ?

Hassan Ali , Faisal Mubashar, Mukhtar Ahmad , Kamran Ghulam and so many more players adjusted in regional teams by PCB. And why Ali Imran Pasha who took 38 wickets in 7 games with 2 fivefers and 2 Tenfers at an average of 14 per wicket and SR of 29 balls per wicket in last QEA trophy 2014-2015 hasn't been adjusted in any regional team ? ?

Even in qualifying round of QEA trophy Ali Imran was among the wickets.

Isn't Quaid e Azam trophy premiere first class tournament played by premier first class cricketers ?

[MENTION=9]Saj[/MENTION] bhaee I request you to please raise your voice on this issue as you have +very influence in Pakistan cricket and your voice is given weightage by PCB.

Also please take an interview of Ali Imran Pasha.

Look the fast bowler who had the best average and best strike rate among all bowlers of Silver and gold league in last QEA trophy wasn't selected for Pentangular Cup last year and isn't playing QEA trophy this year. Isn't this huge injustice ?

[MENTION=139353]ChachaCricket[/MENTION] [MENTION=138241]axl100mph[/MENTION] [MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION] [MENTION=138379]#GreenRoars[/MENTION]

Ali Imran Pasha (Official) on Facebook watch the video of his 10 wicket haul against Krl last season. At age 30 see his fast runup and pace. Lovely action. Now this video isn't of 2004 when he was playing for Pak u-19 but it's of last QEA trophy.

[MENTION=139353]ChachaCricket[/MENTION] [MENTION=138241]axl100mph[/MENTION] [MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION] [MENTION=138379]#GreenRoars[/MENTION]

Ali Imran Pasha (Official) on Facebook watch the video of his 10 wicket haul against Krl last season. At age 30 see his fast runup and pace. Lovely action. Now this video isn't of 2004 when he was playing for Pak u-19 but it's of last QEA trophy.

He has bulked quite a bit. Generating good pace and bounce.

It's unfortunate how we waste these talented players.

he has just taken 7-11 in grade 2 patrons cup for PIA

he has just taken 7-11 in grade 2 patrons cup for PIA

[MENTION=139353]ChachaCricket[/MENTION] just look at it yaar.

This is unbelievably great figures.

This guy was not drafted in any regional side by PCB selectors in last FC season.

Guys this is the guy I have been hyping on PP for last 1 reason but for a reason yaar.

[MENTION=34564]asfandyar[/MENTION] see for yourself brother.

The competitiveness of the opposition batsmen also play a vital role in these figures. Who was this bloke bowling too and was it a seam or spin conducive pitch. Plus the ball used etc etc.

To be honest guys my realization sincerely took a hit when I saw Hammad Azam having an FC average of 19 :facepalm: This guy can't bowl in internationals to save his life yet in FC's he's the champ personified.

Some footage here would be certainly helpful

Bump

If we compare the average and strike rate of all the bowlers in quaid e Azam trophy silver and gold league of last season 2014-2015 then the best among all is this guy Ali Imran Pasha
He is 29 not 35
He deserves a go ahead of shehzad Azam rana , mohammad talha, imran Khan and tabish Khan for pakistan National team in both odis and tests ahead.

Looking at the wicket taking ability and genuine wicket taker bowler whom captain loves he is such a fellow . He is 29 but he is a natural athlete so natural athletes bowl quick till even 36 37 Allan Donald is one example .
For me he was the pick of the bowlers last season as his average and strike was the best among all 200 300 bowlers who played silver and gold league . 7 matches 38 wickets at average of 14.5 strike rate of 29 balls per wicket . 2,3 fivefers 2 , 10fers . Now that needs special effort . His action and runup and follow through is a mixture of mohammad zahid and Shane bond .

Last QEA

2 fivefers

2 Tenfers

Not selected for Pentangular Cup despite having best Ave and SR among all fast bowlers of Silver and Gold League.

Not adjusted in any regional team by PCB despite being among the wickets in qualifiers.

# Gross Injustice

Beautiful action and is an athlete. Another talented bowler wasted.

This guy was not drafted in any regional side by PCB selectors in last FC season.

Guys this is the guy I have been hyping on PP for last 1 reason but for a reason yaar.

Read these posts and also watch his bowling videos than see for yourself that where 19 averaging Hammad Azam the bowler stands and where does Ali Imran Pasha stands.

Shikar Dhawan was the highest scorer of U-19 worldcup and he was only troubled by Ali Imran Pasha.
[MENTION=136079]ahmedwaqas92[/MENTION]

Bump

He is 29 not 35

Last QEA

2 fivefers

2 Tenfers

# Gross Injustice

Beautiful action and is an athlete. Another talented bowler wasted.

Read these posts and also watch his bowling videos than see for yourself that where 19 averaging Hammad Azam the bowler stands and where does Ali Imran Pasha stands.

Shikar Dhawan was the highest scorer of U-19 worldcup and he was only troubled by Ali Imran Pasha.
[MENTION=136079]ahmedwaqas92[/MENTION]

[MENTION=138980]TalentSpotterPk[/MENTION]

Amazing talent indeed but whats digesting is the apathy , ignorance and lack of professionalism of the selectors the guy is 30 and hasn't yet been given a chance in national side. The attitude of some of the so called cricket lovers and fans is equally repulsive. They 're only interested in promoting their favorites rather than supporting deserving players. When it comes to giving chance to youngster the standard fall back is "oh he's too raw". Pak has always used raw talent to win success. Inzamam was raw when IK brought him in the WC. If you don't give them a chance when they're young then whats the point.

Amazing talent indeed but whats digesting is the apathy , ignorance and lack of professionalism of the selectors the guy is 30 and hasn't yet been given a chance in national side. The attitude of some of the so called cricket lovers and fans is equally repulsive. They 're only interested in promoting their favorites rather than supporting deserving players. When it comes to giving chance to youngster the standard fall back is "oh he's too raw". Pak has always used raw talent to win success. Inzamam was raw when IK brought him in the WC. If you don't give them a chance when they're young then whats the point.
Actually I don't blame selectors for him not playing for national team.

I only blame them not inducting him into any regional team last season based on his previous season performance. Because his department did not qualify for qea last year and he should have been put into any regional team like they did with many other players.

He was highest wicket taker in QEA trophy 4 years ago. His name was in reckoning for Pakistan and his department PIA had qualified for final.of QEA. He had a niggle and should not have played final but since only final is televised mostly so he played the final since it was going to be broadcasted live on PTV. In doing so his injury worsened. He was named in pakistan A squad and that season was the best of his career and he was in red hot form. He was bowling fast and accurate. He exacerbated his injury so much that he could not play a single game for next 3 years.

Than in 2014-2015 season he made a comeback and due to PIA management he was not selected for first 2,3 games. So overall he was in top 10 wicket takers but not in top 3 because of playing 2,3 less games than others. But because he is a level ahead of all others baring Sadaf hussain so he took 38 wickets in 7 games with 2 fivefers and 2 Tenfers and his Ave of 14.76 and SR of 29.5 was the best for all the pacers playing silver and gold league.

Now since he was at number 5 so selectors while they only see score sheets failed to comprehend that he played 2 less games than Kashif Bhatti for instance and failed to see his Average & Strike Rate especially SR which was better than all silver and gold league bowlers.

b3a6781372290a521914b54b81aaa2ef.jpg

The biggest gauge to access the ability of a pacer to take wickets is his his SR. Bowlers with better strike rate are match winners.

Before Worldcup 2015 Pentangular Cup was held and it was on the basis of Pentangular Cup performance that Sohail Khan was selected for Worldcup. Nothing against Sohail Khan his selection was merited as he was also top wicket taker of gold league followed by being top wicket taker of Pentangular cup but had Ali Imran played Pentangular cup he would have outperformed Sohail Khan and being taller, athletic and pacier than Sohail Khan he would have caught the eye of everyone.

Gross Injustice was done. Many domestic bowlers with overall inferior Fc and list A stats aswell inferior numbers in recently concluded QEA trophy were selected for 5 Pentangular cup squads of 16-18 players each but they ignored Ali Imran Pasha all together. Similarly Sadaf hussain was ignored and inferior bowlers like najaf shah and tabish Khan were selected and many other examples of lesser deserving pacers.

Now many would say that Saudi cricket international is a low quality team. Yes it is. But while his figures for the match were 11-28 his team mate Salman Saeed had figures of 4-63 in the same match while Najaf shah took 3 wickets in first innings. So see the difference and gap between them against same team in the same match.

Yes he is 30 but if he is the left right arm pacer after Asif in Pakistan than he along with Asif should be selected and he can play for next 3 to 5 years permitting performance and fitness. People like Aizaz Cheema, Tanveer Ahmed, Mohammad Irfan have all been picked after 30. As long as he can win odis and test matches for his country I don't mind what his age is.

In a country whose actual population is around 240 million people there are only few who have ability and skillset of international cricket. Thousands of players play inter district and inter region than few get to first class level but if due to lack of fairness the most deserving players aren't picked than your international team will suffer.

I felt very very Sad at Naeemuddin for instance. Basit Ali in a live show said that he Naeemuddin said to him very sadly :

" Basit Bhaee mein kya kerun ? Mera na pakistan team mein naam aata hai na he A team mein "

Just look at the openers like Shan Masood and Khurram Manzoor we have tried in last 4 years. Even we gave chance to israrullah for Pakistan A against Australia and he got dismissed for duck in both innings in UAE. Simply he was playing drive against fast medium pacers with both his feet inside crease.

And this Naeemuddin has scored more Fc runs than any FC cricketer/dropped international cricketers in last 3 years and yet he isn't selected.

Same with Sadaf hussain.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lol he's 30. What difference is it going to make?
Cricket Australia Selected Ryan Haris for odi cricket at the age of 28. He took 44 Wickets in his odi career at an Ave of 18 and SR of 23 with 3 fivefers. He only played 21 odis because he has been the most injury plagued cricketer of Australia of last 25 years even surpassing Pattinson and Cummins. So they limited him to test cricket only for him to get optimum rest. Otherwise he would have played 120-150 odis in 7 years international career.

Ryan Haris played all his 27 tests after the age of 30 and took 113 test wickets at an Ave of 23 and a SR of 50. He won many test matches for Australia. And he played these 27 tests with breaking thrice with injuries and long lay offs.

Why did Australia played a 30 years old pacer ? Why they did not play a younger bowler ? Did they have dearth of bowlers ? They had the likes of Chad sayyers, Jackson Bird, Coulter Nile, Starc, Gurrinder Sandhu etc.

The best players should play. Though Hasan is a good prospect for future and with Irfan retiring and with failure of Rahat Ali and Mohammad Sami he will get chance. Similarly Sadaf will get a chance soon aswell.

30 is not a huge number. Asif will comeback at 33 but he won't be useful in odis on flat surfaces of Asia so we will need a right arm pacer in odis and Ali Imran's pace and SR gives him an edge over Hasan Ali at the moment. And for England we will select a squad of 19 so if Ali Imran performs for Pakistan A provided justice is done with him & Sadaf and they get selected than Ali Imran can be a good backup for Asif. And if he or sadaf outperforms wahab in warm up matches against county teams than either of them can replace Wahab aswell.

Note it down. If Sadaf and Ali Imran tour with Pakistan A team to England than Rahat, Ehsan, Wahab & Imran Khan's place in Playing eleven will be challenged and Ehsan & Rahat may miss out on getting selected for Pakistan squad of 19 players. Because Sadaf & Ali Imran are superior bowlers than them and even Imran Khan but since he has good test number so he won't be dropped.

Cricket Australia Selected Ryan Haris for odi cricket at the age of 28. He took 44 Wickets in his odi career at an Ave of 18 and SR of 23 with 3 fivefers. He only played 21 odis because he has been the most injury plagued cricketer of Australia of last 25 years even surpassing Pattinson and Cummins. So they limited him to test cricket only for him to get optimum rest. Otherwise he would have played 120-150 odis in 7 years international career.

Ryan Haris played all his 27 tests after the age of 30 and took 113 test wickets at an Ave of 23 and a SR of 50. He won many test matches for Australia. And he played these 27 tests with breaking thrice with injuries and long lay offs.

Why did Australia played a 30 years old pacer ? Why they did not play a younger bowler ? Did they have dearth of bowlers ? They had the likes of Chad sayyers, Jackson Bird, Coulter Nile, Starc, Gurrinder Sandhu etc.

The best players should play. Though Hasan is a good prospect for future and with Irfan retiring and with failure of Rahat Ali and Mohammad Sami he will get chance. Similarly Sadaf will get a chance soon aswell.

30 is not a huge number. Asif will comeback at 33 but he won't be useful in odis on flat surfaces of Asia so we will need a right arm pacer in odis and Ali Imran's pace and SR gives him an edge over Hasan Ali at the moment. And for England we will select a squad of 19 so if Ali Imran performs for Pakistan A provided justice is done with him & Sadaf and they get selected than Ali Imran can be a good backup for Asif. And if he or sadaf outperforms wahab in warm up matches against county teams than either of them can replace Wahab aswell.

Note it down. If Sadaf and Ali Imran tour with Pakistan A team to England than Rahat, Ehsan, Wahab & Imran Khan's place in Playing eleven will be challenged and Ehsan & Rahat may miss out on getting selected for Pakistan squad of 19 players. Because Sadaf & Ali Imran are superior bowlers than them and even Imran Khan but since he has good test number so he won't be dropped.

As I told you before he's on his last legs. PCB doesn't have the capability of identifying talent nor the professionalism or medical knowledge/personnel, physios, trainers in place to maximize his last few remaining years. ACB and PCB are worlds apart. If they didn't select him 10 years ago, what makes you think it'll be any different now? It's wishful thinking.

As I told you before he's on his last legs. PCB doesn't have the capability of identifying talent nor the professionalism or medical knowledge/personnel, physios, trainers in place to maximize his last few remaining years. ACB and PCB are worlds apart. If they didn't select him 10 years ago, what makes you think it'll be any different now? It's wishful thinking.
You can't select players only on reputation on eye.

10 years ago he had not played any FC cricket and it was at at the age of 26 that he had matured and peaked and got 60 wickets in a season and as he was about to be selected he got injured.

The same pcb selected Tanveer, Aizaz & Irfan for Pakistan after the age of 30.

The same pcb has selected tabish Khan for pakistan A at 32 and Shehzad Azam Rana at 29-30.

So it isn't beyond PCB.

[MENTION=138980]TalentSpotterPk[/MENTION] brother i highly appreciate the effort you put to highlight the deserving players who are undone by this sifarashi culture and incompetent selections.
Hats of you

[MENTION=138980]TalentSpotterPk[/MENTION] brother i highly appreciate the effort you put to highlight the deserving players who are undone by this sifarashi culture and incompetent selections.
Hats of you
Thanks brother. JazaakAllah.

Saw you on PP many many many days. PTI has unleashed Mohammad Zahid in its talent hunt program. He has clocked 148kph. Have a look at him.

Thanks brother. JazaakAllah.

Saw you on PP many many many days. PTI has unleashed Mohammad Zahid in its talent hunt program. He has clocked 148kph. Have a look at him.

I am just lurker on PP and read posts by you, Chachacricket and b.lensar mostly,
Yes i saw that video.and that guy has a good action , hope he will develop in to something good inshaALLAH.
all of you guys are doing a wonderful job to highlight good talent and root for them.

Just to clear things i am not associated with PTI in any official capacity.Just use this name during 2013 elections.

Last edited:
thanku [MENTION=133744]PTI[/MENTION]
i hope that all people in pakistan start watching domestic cricket and become aware of who is performing in list A , fc and t-20 then selectors wont be able to fool us.

I am just lurker on PP and read posts by you, Chachacricket and b.lensar mostly,
Yes i saw that video.and that guy has a good action , hope he will develop in to something good inshaALLAH.
all of you guys are doing a wonderful job to highlight good talent and root for them.

Just to clear things i am not associated with PTI in any official capacity.Just use this name during 2013 elections.
Even if you are not associated with them they are doing a very good job MashaAllah.

thanku [MENTION=133744]PTI[/MENTION]
i hope that all people in pakistan start watching domestic cricket and become aware of who is performing in list A , fc and t-20 then selectors wont be able to fool us.
Still they don't learn.

They will only learn if majority Ppers bombard their social media's with links of PP threads.

You can't select players only on reputation on eye.

10 years ago he had not played any FC cricket and it was at at the age of 26 that he had matured and peaked and got 60 wickets in a season and as he was about to be selected he got injured.

The same pcb selected Tanveer, Aizaz & Irfan for Pakistan after the age of 30.

The same pcb has selected tabish Khan for pakistan A at 32 and Shehzad Azam Rana at 29-30.

So it isn't beyond PCB.

"10 years" wasn't meant to be taken literally neither was "selected." Getting selected and getting earmarked for success at a young age are two different things. If PCB had any talent identification capabilities Ali would've had coaches working with him specifically and he'd be in the national team 2 years after U-19, instead they left him on his own to rot in domestic. Completely wasted a potentially great bowler.

"10 years" wasn't meant to be taken literally neither was "selected." Getting selected and getting earmarked for success at a young age are two different things. If PCB had any talent identification capabilities Ali would've had coaches working with him specifically and he'd be in the national team 2 years after U-19, instead they left him on his own to rot in domestic. Completely wasted a potentially great bowler.
Fully Agree with you. It's a system failure.

Fully Agree with you. It's a system failure.

PCB should be kissing the feet of whoever spotted Amir because his career could've gone down the same path. Amir has been very lucky, not only was he spotted by someone but had Waqar as coach/mentor right at the start of his career who was not only instrumental in his rapid development but backed him over senior bowlers.

Last edited by a moderator:
PCB should be kissing the feet of whoever spotted Amir because his career could've gone down the same path. Amir has been very lucky, not only was he spotted by someone but had Waqar as coach/mentor right at the start of his career who was not only instrumental in his rapid development but backed him over senior bowlers.
Amir was spotted by Wasim Akram in a Pepsi talent Hunt Under 15 program. Amir was 13 than.

Who Spotted Mohammad Asif and at what age ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your informative response. I've come to know of a lot of talented youngsters through your posts. Keep it up bro.

Thanks for your informative response. I've come to know of a lot of talented youngsters through your posts. Keep it up bro.
Thank you. Stay blessed.

Last 18 Fc matches played by Ali Imran.

18 matches 98 wickets at an Average of 16.67 and a Strike Rate of 29.83.

7 fivefers and 3 tenfers in last 18 Fc games.

Second Best Right Arm Pacer in Pakistan after Mohammad Asif.

Last 18 Fc matches played by Ali Imran.

18 matches 98 wickets at an Average of 16.67 and a Strike Rate of 29.83.

7 fivefers and 3 tenfers in last 18 Fc games.

Second Best Right Arm Pacer in Pakistan after Mohammad Asif.

him and sadaf hussain are two guys who really deserve a call to pakistan a

Back