The Talent Spotter : Hafiz Saad Nasim (Spotted by Aleem Dar)

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Name : Hafiz Saad Nasim

Place of Birth : Lahore, Punjab

Major Teams :Lahore Ravi, Lahore Shalimar, Lahore Lions, Lahore Eagles, Punjab, Pakistan A

Bowling Style : Legbreak

Batting Style : RHB

Early Days - I got into cricket during my school days at Muslim Public High School. Aleem Dar the famous umpire came to coach at our school for a PCB-run campaign, and he told my father that I had the talent and could one day play top-level cricket.

Club Cricket in Lahore - I play for Model Town Cricket Club.

Junior Selections - At junior level I was selected a couple of times and took part in training camps. I was also selected for a side match versus South Africa in 2007-2008.

Bowler or All-rounder - I would say that I am a bowling all-rounder.

Cricketing Heroes - I loved watching Shane Warne, and also Ricky Ponting.

First Class Debut - I topped the bowling charts for Lahore U19s and made runs as well, and then was called up for Lahore Ravi in 2008-09. I made my debut against Karachi and made 95 runs and took 4 wickets.

Favourite Ground - Multan Cricket Stadium.

Favourite Players in Current Pakistan Team - Mohammad Yousuf and Abdul Razzaq.

Most Memorable Performances - I took a 6fer and made 113 not out in QEA Trophy last season. Also, in the One Day Cup, I made a hundred against KRL, as well as picking up 3 wickets. In the Final once again versus KRL, I took 5 wickets, including a hat trick.

Toughest Opponent Faced - Misbah-ul-Haq gave me quite a tough time, but I managed to dismiss him eventually.

Hobbies/Interests outside Cricket - Its just cricket for me right now, 24/7.

Biggest Supporters - I would say our school coach Mohammad Younis, famously known as 'Mama Juna'. He has prepared a lot of famous players like Ahmed Shehzad, Imran Nazir, Nasir Jamshed as well as the Elahi brothers ; Manzoor, Saleem and Zahoor. He has played a huge role in my cricket career so far.

Attachments

• saad.jpg
    saad.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 1,258
Last edited:
Many thanks to AZ for this interview with Saad.

Heard good things about this lad, possibly one for the future.

A highly talented legspinner, and capable middle/lower order batsman.

Many may have already seen him in FBT20 for :ll and :le

certainly one to keep watch for the future, could be a very effective one-day cricketer.

Good job AZ.

A legspinner who took Misbah's the Rock's wicket must have some talent. Best of luck to him.

So maybe a spinning lower all rounder we may need in the future!

Although he classifies himself as a bowling all rounder IMO his batting has been more impressive especially in the Pakistan A vs Afghanistan series where he got an impressive 50 in one of the OD matches.

it would be intresting to see if he and raza hassan can take over after ajmal and afridi.legspinners are always hot property as they are rare

Best of luck to Saad for the future.

Pakistan do need a leg spin bowler...

infact worlds needs a leg spin bowler.. in test cricket

hafiz saad plays for lahore lions and was impressive and he is a top bowler

Seems like his bowling hasnt develop as expected , but since he is leg spinner it may takes few more years to refine the art of bowling in the longer format, but his batting seems to be developing as expected , seems like an ideal candidate to replace Afridi in couple of years time in LOI.

Seems like his bowling hasnt develop as expected , but since he is a leg spinner it may takes few more years to refine the art of bowling in the longer format, but his batting seems to be developing as expected , seems like an ideal candidate to replace Afridi in couple of years time in LOI.:afridi

he has done nothing in domestic.

Saad Nasim (LhrRavi) averages 18 from 6 matches and 10 innings with just one fifty.
Bilwal bhatti has a century and is average 16 with the ball for GOD sake.

Last edited by a moderator:
he has done nothing in domestic.<br />
<br />
Saad Nasim (LhrRavi) averages 18 from 6 matches and 10 innings with just one fifty.<br />
Bilwal bhatti has a century and is average 16 with the ball for GOD sake. I totally agree with you basit Ali talks alot about billawal Bhatti also

Last edited by a moderator:
In his last 6 matches where he has batted he has scored 50+ in 4 of those matchets.

His stats in FC and T20s don't look impressive, but in List A he hasn't done that bad if you look at his allround abilities.
One thing is for sure, his batting in 50 overs matches is going in right direction and he needs to step up his bowling, though an average of 23 doesn't look bad. He is still 22-23.

Last edited:
List A numbers look really good (sample the same as :sm)

Batting : averages 32 @ SR +90 with one 100 and seven 50s
Bowling : averages 25 with one 4fer and two 5fer

Could be a good bat at #6-7 with handy leg spin

That's his last match

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-domestic-2013-14/engine/match/677759.html

^came at 7 and scored 65 in a team total of 183.
Can easily replace :afridi or :hafeez (who ideally should bat at 6-7 too.)

i think he looked very calm and composed at the crease in a high pressure situation when the international players around him were all getting out one by one. He basically won them the match by himself.

i think he looked very calm and composed at the crease in a high pressure situation when the international players around him were all getting out one by one. He basically won them the match by himself.

True. LL won due to him.

He's impressed me with his performances in last two games.

Seems like a good level-headed player.

Saad Nasim - come of age for sure - 51 excellent runs for his side as they win Pakistan Cup

Premier Cricket: Prime Doleshwar, Sheikh Jamal post win

Dhaka, Apr 7 (UNB) — Prime Doleshwar Sporting Club and Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club won their respective matches in the ongoing Dhaka Premier Division Cricket League on Sunday.

While Prime Doleshwar beat Uttara Sporting Club by five wickets at Fatullah, Shiekh Jamal outshot Bangladesh Krira Shikkha Protisthan (BKSP) in Savar by the same margin.

It was Doleshwar’s seventh win in the season which has ensured their Super League berth. On the other hand, Sheikh Jamal registered their fifth win which helped them to take one step ahead toward the Super League.

In Fatullah, Prime Doleshwar won the toss and decided to bowl first. They restricted Uttara for 160 all-out in 46.4 overs.

Uttara lost five wickets before posting 100 runs on the board. Tanzid Hasan, Shanaj Ahmed and Mohimenul Khan scored 26, 22 and 18 runs but failed to carry their start to post a challenging total.

Minhajul Abedin was the best batsman for Uttara scoring 36, but the other batsmen weren't equipped well against the bowlers of Prime Doleshwar.

For Prime Doleshwar, Saad Nasim bagged four wickets conceding 42 runs while Mahmudul Hasan took two for 24.

In reply, Prime Doleshwar won the game in 38.1 overs. They ended up scoring 161 for five wickets. Farhad Hossain (59) and Marshall Ayub (54) hit the fifties to help their team to ensure the Super League berth.

Pakistan recruit of Prime Doleshwar, SaadNasim, was the man of the match for his four-wicket haul.

In Savar, Sheikh Jamal beat BKSP by five wickets relying on the splendid show of the bowlers. Sheikh Jamal won the toss and sent BKSP to bat first. They tumbled for 161 all-out in 42.1 overs.

Captain Akbar Ali was the best batsman for BKSP scoring 43 off 53 with five fours. Along with him, Aminul Islam was the only batsman to pass 20-runs mark in the innings.

For Shiekh Jamal, NasirH ossain and Elias Sunny bagged three wickets each while Taijul Islam and EnamulHaque took two wickets each.

In reply, Shiekh Jamal ended scoring 165 for five wickets in 35.2 overs and won the game by five wickets.

Anustup Majumdar was the best batsman for Shiekh Jamal scoring 43. Elias Sunny batted at number three in this match and scored 32 after taking three wickets. He was awarded man of the match award at the end for his all-round performance.

For BKSP, Sumon Khan bagged two wickets for 25 runs. But that was not enough for his team to avoid the defeat.

http://unb.com.bd/category/Sports/prime-doleshwar-sheikh-jamal-win-dhaka-league/16037

Today in Grade 2 : Scored 46 off 91 balls with three fours

Back