Their is no balance in the Pakistan cricket team

fieldMarshal

Debutant
Runs
Will ppl have been coming up with different reasons for the consistency bad performance of Pakistan cricket team, I am surprised that none has pointed out this basic flaw in our cricket team.

We are playing 5 openers ie babar, rizwan, saim fakhar n usman khan if u include azam to the list then that includes 6 openers.....
As all cant play as openers, just to make room for saim ayub we r destroying fakhar zaman....our most powerful hitter n after babar n rizwan our most consistent opener.
Our openers should be rizwan n fakhar with babar comming as one down.....with the type of form fakhar is I think he can be a match winner in this world cup.....yes he will fail on occasions but on most he will deliver.
Saim Ayub should be presisted with as he is good prospect but not as yet ready for intl. Stage....PCB is in the habit of destroying young talent.

Two wicket keepers
When u have a world class wicketkeeper n batsman in the shape of rizwan why do u need to fit in a unfit n less then ordinary wicket keeper Batman in the shape of azam in the team.....this is nepotism at its best.....honestly tell me had he not been the son of moin khan no one would let him near our c team let alone pur main team.
He is obese n hence his movement is restricted, he has n will struggle to keep wickets on spinning tracks which he has shown, if he continues as a wicketkeeper in the team he will cost us at least a match or two....
Not only wicketkeeping He has a problem against fast bowling specially the ball comming into him....all in all he should not be in the team specially when u havea world class batsmen n keeper in the form of rizwan n the backup keeper in the team should have been Harris.. .... PCB removed sharjeel khan from the team sighting fitness issues, who was 10 times fitter then azam

No place for shadab khan in the team as an allrounder as his bowling as deteriorated to an extent where he is extracting no spin, no flight or drift n he is mostly bowling short n flat which is being taken to cleaners.
But as nepotism is prevalent in the team as all can see in the form of azam khan, the selectors or the management cant tell babar not to select shadab.

The travesty of our team selection is that we have not selected one middle order player n r relient on hit n miss all rounders....who might deliver one day but will not for the next 10 games.

By looks of it Harris rauf has not learnt any thing from his time away from from the n is leaking runs the same, question on aamir n shaneen as well.

Our playing 11 should be
Rizwan
Fakhar
Babar
Usman khan
Iftakhar ahmad
Imad waseem
Abbas afridi
Shaheen
Naseem
aamir
ibrar

It is such a bad team selected on purpose, so the captain is forced to play azam to cover the middle order...... they selected abbas afridi only because he is the nephew of Gul....n cuz the tail becomes too long they will play shabad in place of abbas.

We should not expect much from this team....period

Come to think of it we have not selected any fast bowling allrounder as....
Abbas afridi is no alrounder

I said in 2020, Pakistan team is unbalanced when you have two technical middle order players playing as openers. You still have one guy who’s actually not an opener parading as an opener (Rizwan)

Your team will always be unbalanced with him in the opening slot

Last edited by a moderator:
The team isn't overly unbalanced.

We need to make one or two changes and things will tighten up big time.

At the moment Shadab and Azam appear as the majority liabilities.

Missing a pace bowling all rounder, sadly we don't have any quality ones. They should try to fit in abrar though, we need a decent spin option.

Rizwan
Usman/saim
Babar
Fakhar
Chacha/azam
Shadab (he ll contribute in windies)
Imad
Amir
Shaheen
Abbas/rauf
Naseem/abrar

Will ppl have been coming up with different reasons for the consistency bad performance of Pakistan cricket team, I am surprised that none has pointed out this basic flaw in our cricket team.

We are playing 5 openers ie babar, rizwan, saim fakhar n usman khan if u include azam to the list then that includes 6 openers.....
As all cant play as openers, just to make room for saim ayub we r destroying fakhar zaman....our most powerful hitter n after babar n rizwan our most consistent opener.
Our openers should be rizwan n fakhar with babar comming as one down.....with the type of form fakhar is I think he can be a match winner in this world cup.....yes he will fail on occasions but on most he will deliver.
Saim Ayub should be presisted with as he is good prospect but not as yet ready for intl. Stage....PCB is in the habit of destroying young talent.

Two wicket keepers
When u have a world class wicketkeeper n batsman in the shape of rizwan why do u need to fit in a unfit n less then ordinary wicket keeper Batman in the shape of azam in the team.....this is nepotism at its best.....honestly tell me had he not been the son of moin khan no one would let him near our c team let alone pur main team.
He is obese n hence his movement is restricted, he has n will struggle to keep wickets on spinning tracks which he has shown, if he continues as a wicketkeeper in the team he will cost us at least a match or two....
Not only wicketkeeping He has a problem against fast bowling specially the ball comming into him....all in all he should not be in the team specially when u havea world class batsmen n keeper in the form of rizwan n the backup keeper in the team should have been Harris.. .... PCB removed sharjeel khan from the team sighting fitness issues, who was 10 times fitter then azam

No place for shadab khan in the team as an allrounder as his bowling as deteriorated to an extent where he is extracting no spin, no flight or drift n he is mostly bowling short n flat which is being taken to cleaners.
But as nepotism is prevalent in the team as all can see in the form of azam khan, the selectors or the management cant tell babar not to select shadab.

The travesty of our team selection is that we have not selected one middle order player n r relient on hit n miss all rounders....who might deliver one day but will not for the next 10 games.

By looks of it Harris rauf has not learnt any thing from his time away from from the n is leaking runs the same, question on aamir n shaneen as well.

Our playing 11 should be
Rizwan
Fakhar
Babar
Usman khan
Iftakhar ahmad
Imad waseem
Abbas afridi
Shaheen
Naseem
aamir
ibrar

It is such a bad team selected on purpose, so the captain is forced to play azam to cover the middle order...... they selected abbas afridi only because he is the nephew of Gul....n cuz the tail becomes too long they will play shabad in place of abbas.

You talk about balance and then add 2 accumulators in the top 3 of your playing xi

Yes you have 5 openers and 2 of them are odi/tests players everyone knows they have no business playing t20 and yet they play every single game even vs Nepal Ireland and newzealand C team

Shadab will always be in the playing XI he's the best friends of the captain he's undroppable.

Yes fakhar should open but again your captain won't allow him too so he can have rizwan in the top 3

All the issues your listing are down to 1 man and that's babar azam

This team is not balanced rather highly unbalanced, kudos to selectors for having some dignity and removing Hassan Ali otherwise it was a complete train wreck

The batting is the weakness, so let's add more bowlers. :facepalm:

Having Iftikhar at 5 is a huge recipe for a disaster.

You can easily give overs to Shadab, Saim and Iftikhar to make up the 5th bowler, but idiotic captaincy is to blame for that.

No point playing Saim if he continues to fail and doesn't bowl.

Same with Shadab, if he can't contribute with the bat and Babar doesn't use Saim and Iftikhar, then no point playing him either.

I said in 2020, Pakistan team is unbalanced when you have two technical middle order players playing as openers. You still have one guy who’s actually not an opener parading as an opener (Rizwan)

So our most consistent player with a avg of over 40 n a strike rate of close to 130, who can walk into any team in the world is not good enough for u but that obese safarishi is good enough.

So our most consistent player with a avg of over 40 n a strike rate of close to 130, who can walk into any team in the world is not good enough for u but that obese safarishi is good enough.
Which teams can he walk into?

Oh boy this is got to be a Shadab Khan half tracker post.

Missing a pace bowling all rounder, sadly we don't have any quality ones. They should try to fit in abrar though, we need a decent spin option.
Actually we do have quality fast bowling alrounders specially Aamir Jamal, who should have been presisted with n given a long run.....but as it was threatening the career of shadab he was removed after a couple of games

Which teams can he walk into?

Oh boy this is got to be a Shadab Khan half tracker post.
Maray bhair ur just arguing for the sake of argument......rizwan is a quality wicket keeper batsman who performs in all formats against all teams n all conditions

Maray bhair ur just arguing for the sake of argument......rizwan is a quality wicket keeper batsman who performs in all formats against all teams n all conditions
Mere bhai, arguing for the sake of it? I have had this vendetta with the side for the past 4 years.

Which team does Rizwan get into besides Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe and maybe Bangladesh?

I was taking the OP very seriously until he posted Iftikhar in his lineup. It seems not all of us learn, aside from that very good points.

Who is current replacement of Iftimania?
What do you need to replace?

A guy who eats up 10 balls to hit one six to make his sr reach 100…then follows it up with a 4 so it reaches 120?

You can get Kamran Ghulam to do that too.

I was taking the OP very seriously until he posted Iftikhar in his lineup. It seems not all of us learn, aside from that very good points.
If u read it again I have said in the end that the squad announced for the world cup is primarily a crap selection recking of nepotism.

The team i have picked is based on the 15 squad announced not on some wishlist.....in that squad chacha happens to be the only middle order batsmen.....

Mere bhai, arguing for the sake of it? I have had this vendetta with the side for the past 4 years.

Which team does Rizwan get into besides Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe and maybe Bangladesh?
A player avg more then 40 with a strike rate of 130.... plus a quality wicket keeper.
How many quality wicket keepers n scoring thst many runs

A player avg more then 40 with a strike rate of 130.... plus a quality wicket keeper.
I asked you, what teams does he get into? Is that a difficult question for you to answer having made that bold claim?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Strike rate of 130 isn't no where near good in t20's

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Strike rate of 130 isn't no where near good in t20's
It’s being rounded up to 130

He’s actually a 110-120 sr player

Some days he pushes it to 140 against middling sides on small leg boundaries.

Strike rate is 128.09 dropping to 127 soon of he fails more. Please don't state 130

Strike rate is 128.09 dropping to 127 soon of he fails more. Please don't state 130
How he casually ignores that this guy is playing predominantly powerplay as well

A sr of below 130 on roads, against B/C string sides as a T20 opener

How he casually ignores that this guy is playing predominantly powerplay as well

A sr of below 130 on roads, against B/C string sides as a T20 opener
Yeah rizzu plays mostly on pindi pitches. Yesterday he got exposed because Edgbaston is a difficult pitch.

I saw some people calling butler a bit slow in pp cause butler made 16 of 12, I don't think people understand the quality innings butler played yesterday. I saw the pitch, 160 was par, not 200, and the 50M boundary that people claimed didn't exist. It was way longer atleast 69 to 78 with 78 being the onside.

Pitch was extremly difficult when spin came on with imad being difficult to play due to uneven bounce, sometimes it pitches way too low and sometimes it bounced unusually high.

Its why Amir and imad were difficult to play cause imad is straight and the bounce was difficult and Amir varies it well.

Goes to show how trash shadab truly is, if moeen ali was a Shane Warne to rizwan on this pitch lol.

Also butler gave shadab the proper treatment, butler still striking at over a 100 on a difficult pitch while Pakistan 1,2 and 3 making 15 of the first 3 overs Hahahahahahahaha. Their lucky fakhar saved them in PP

Edit: butler 16 of 12, then 54 of 30, then 84 of 56 legend

Saim ayub, babar Azam, rizwan,iftikhar chacha,Azam khan and shadab the premier allrounder khan should be kicked out.

All of these guys don't make team on merit and all of them are not international T20 players.Pakistan's whole batting line-up is awful not a single good player apart from fakhar zaman obviously.

Saim ayub, babar Azam, rizwan,iftikhar chacha,Azam khan and shadab the premier allrounder khan should be kicked out.

All of these guys don't make team on merit and all of them are not international T20 players.Pakistan's whole batting line-up is awful not a single good player apart from fakhar zaman obviously.
And replace them all with who ?

Babar doesn’t make the team on merit? Sometimes I wonder if the overall collective IQ of cricket fans is at its lowest point in history. Who replaces Babar, on merit, in this new world of yours?

Still waiting.

What teams are willing to take Rizwan?
He’s gonna run away now. He’s made an absolute howler of a comment here.

I don’t mind people saying ‘this team is unbalanced’, but then going on to suggest Rizwan as the opener as the solution to balance the side.

HE IS THE REASON PAKISTAN HAS BEEN UNBALANCED SINCE 2020

The equation was 44 of 28 balls when Iftikhar and Imad were at the crease. The english bowlers resorted to full blood block hole Yorkers and wide Yorkers and our batters had no answers, no shots to these deliveries. Modern IPL batters including local indian players are playing reverse scoops or gliding the ball b/w point and third man or walking down the crease, batting outside the crease to counter these tactics but some of our Pakistani T-20 players have been playing since 2015 and they still clueless against these tactics.

We can't blame Babar and Rizwan forever. Saim Ayub has been given 20 consecutive chances and he has not delivered and neither has he looked world class. A team with limited resources and options cannot keep dissing and shitting on their two best consistent batters forever, let's be honest these two are our most consistent players and there is no earth shattering difference b/w their strike rates and the likes of Saim Ayub.

Pakistan's T-20 dashers are only good for short brisk cameo's but cannot be relied upon to bat like Travis Head, Sunil Narine and score a 25-30 ball 80 consistently.

Rizwan
Fakhar
Babar
Usman Khan
Ifty
Imad
Azam Khan
S Afridi
A Afridi
N Shah
Abrar

Is the best team from the chosen 15

Ideally would have liked to have seen Niazi khan and Agha selected for the middle order, with Imad and Azam Khan dropped.

Pakistan strategy seems to be building an innings with series of cameos from 1 to 10. like 10 ball 20 runs on an average from lower order. When 5 can go at that rate 50 balls 100 runs. Remaining 70 balls they just need to make 80 runs. So 180 total. Use the bowlers to defend it. On paper a good strategy. But there are some practical difficulties with this strategy.

That is the reason why they added Azam Khan to make the team even worse than Ethiopia who have never played cricket yet :D

There is no talent in the team end off..pathetic selection even though imad has done well a few matches him and amir never shud have been recalled..we are playing too many bowlers and weakness is batting..in white ball u need to bat deep simple

That is the reason why they added Azam Khan to make the team even worse than Ethiopia who have never played cricket yet :D
How can their be balance in the Pakistan cricket team when azam tips the scales? He weighs more then the entire dugout so it's not like you can ever find balance.

There is no talent in the team end off..pathetic selection even though imad has done well a few matches him and amir never shud have been recalled..we are playing too many bowlers and weakness is batting..in white ball u need to bat deep simple

How can you say we are playing too many bowlers when we have 4 guys who can actually bowl and our fifth bowler is more of a liability than anything 😂

If u read it again I have said in the end that the squad announced for the world cup is primarily a crap selection recking of nepotism.

The team i have picked is based on the 15 squad announced not on some wishlist.....in that squad chacha happens to be the only middle order batsmen.....
Okay but you did say ‘our playing 11 should be’

You also said Ifti is a middle order batsman. Sorry but I have to disagree here, he’s a nothing.

Salman Aga would do a better job than this ancient statue from the Byzantine era.

Forget balance..A team that has saim fatty azam Ifty shadab you just have to pray they don’t get pumped by a minnow team like in the past 2 icc tournaments.
Absolutely , a fat man , an very old man and a fake allrounder occupying the # 5, 6, 7 batting position and one of the best wicket keeper in the world making way for on obese man to keep wickets because the obese guy can;t field in the out field , ridiculous .

Let's Expose the wide spread nepotism in PCB......the Parachi System.
In 2016 Umar Akmal was Dropped From Pakistan Team Due to His Fitness. At that time Umar Akmal was the Best Middle Order Batter in T20I For Pakistan

Similar is the case with sharjeel khan whi qas dropped sitting fitness issues

But Now PCB Selected Azam Khan in Pakistan Team Even After He is More Than 100 Kg. But no one from within pcb is pointing Fingers at Azam Khan's Fitness Because He is Son of Moin Khan.

Umar Akmal in T20Is
79 Innings - 1690 Runs - Avrg 26.00 - 55
Sixes
When He was Dropped From Team He was the Highest Run-Scorer and had 2nd Most Sixes For Pakistan in T20Is.

@Rana @topspin @emranabbas

I don't understand, why is our acc emerging cup team our best team?

It's so much better then our A string team if you exclude Fakhar, imad, Amir and the forced exclusions. Just compare 2023 world cup playing 11 to Acc emerging 11.

World cup 2023 11

1) Abdullah
2) Imam
3) Babar
4) Rizwan
5) Saud/Agha
6) Chacha
7) Shadab
8) Nawaz
9) Shaheen
10) Hasan Ali
11) Rauf

Acc emerging cup 11

1) Saim Ayub
2) Shabzada Farhan
3) Omair Bin Yousaf
4) Tayyab Tahir
5) Qasim Akram
6) Muhammad Haris (C)(WK)
7) Mubashir Khan
8) Mehran Mumtaz
9) Wasim Jnr
10) Sufiyan Mustiqeem
11) Arshad Iqbal

12-15) Kamran Ghulam, Amad Butt, Dhani, Hasebullah.

This squad is 100x better? 2 aggressive openers and Qasim akram + Mubashir Khan are 100x the allrounders that chacha and shadab or nawaz ever will be?

Mehran and sufiyan are also good spinners with mehran being 100x superior to usama mir and these fake munafiqs?

Why haven't 90% of these players been chosen to represent?

This squad is perfect all that's needed is to

A) Replace Saim with fakhar at opening as saim isn't ready.

B) Remove Kamran Ghulam and add saud shakeel instead

C) Remove Sufiyan and Add Abrar

D) Remove Arshad Iqbal and Dhani and add Amir and shaheen

E) Remove Hasebullah and add in Usman Khan or Abdullah shafiq

F) Remove amad butt and add imad wasim

And that's it? You have a perfect squad?

For t20 you could have A similar squad? Just replace Omair bin yousaf with sharjeel and you're good to go?

this is such a shame that a squad that beat a full strength Afghanistan team multiple times and beat a future Indian ipl superstar team, no one was selected but a squad that got butchered by Afghanistan were.

Huge huge shame. I loved acc emerging cup and I wish to see another one with Muhammad haris as captain.

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest injustice of this selection n the rampant nepotism n corruption prevalent in PCB can judged by the non selection of Osama Mir, the highest wickettaker in PSL this season plus he can bat lower down the order n if his batting is worked on can be a decent spinning allrounder for Pakistan.
But here the thing if he was selected then then shadab had no place in the team, so to mitigate that eventuality he waa not selected.

Babar is no captaincy material as he lacks leadership qualities.....infact this whole team majority of the players r comming from such poor backgrounds that with the money they make they have lost the urge to better them selves n to excel.......infact players like shadab n Harris have regressed.

But the biggest culprit of this whole debacle is the chief selector wahab riaz.....now most of the players r jhail n unpar n wahab with his Atchison education n well to do background has the team including his tumb, babar seems to be so over odd by him that he other then shabad had no say in the team selection
He needs to be tried n jail for his criminal neglect

As long as Babar and Rizwan open, the universe is perfectly balanced, never mind the team. All wars, hunger and starvation would come to an end.

The biggest injustice of this selection n the rampant nepotism n corruption prevalent in PCB can judged by the non selection of Osama Mir, the highest wickettaker in PSL this season plus he can bat lower down the order n if his batting is worked on can be a decent spinning allrounder for Pakistan.
But here the thing if he was selected then then shadab had no place in the team, so to mitigate that eventuality he waa not selected.

Babar is no captaincy material as he lacks leadership qualities.....infact this whole team majority of the players r comming from such poor backgrounds that with the money they make they have lost the urge to better them selves n to excel.......infact players like shadab n Harris have regressed.

But the biggest culprit of this whole debacle is the chief selector wahab riaz.....now most of the players r jhail n unpar n wahab with his Atchison education n well to do background has the team including his tumb, babar seems to be so over odd by him that he other then shabad had no say in the team selection
He needs to be tried n jail for his criminal neglect

Usama Mir bowls atleast 2 pies an over. He is a club level bowler. Biggest injustice? Comon now :ROFLMAO:

Big boy is the BIGGEST injustice.

Two wicket keepers

Our playing 11 should be
Rizwan
Fakhar
Babar
Usman khan
Iftakhar ahmad
Imad waseem
Abbas afridi
Shaheen
Naseem
aamir
ibrar

Is there any reason why we are not taking any reserve members? why has Mohd Haris confidence been dented after his heroics in last WC? Why isnt Abrar or any other spinner been properly tried since we know how Shadab has been struggling for ages.
How did Hasan ALi even come out of the blue to be a part of the Ireland series?
We had same questions and issues before last WC and before public pressure Babar had no intentions to play Haris
Regarding playing openers and keepers; England have Bairstow Buttler Salt, Will JAcks all of them have opened in the past and 3 of them can keep wkts. That is not the issue

The eng series has proved my point without a shadow of a doubt......
The parchis n the undeserving have been exposed bututally.

I have said it before n I say it again wahab riaz needs to be tried n shot for his criminal neglect in this farcical team selection

I fear their is an even deeper underline fault line which now is plaguing our cricket.....
With the emergence of players from kpk n their dominance of our cricket scene in recent years.
The traditional power center ir khi n lhr have not taken it well but rather down right threatened by this development......n now to stop this dominance they r resorting to underhand tactics

Fakhar zaman needs to open with rizwan ....with babar batting at no.3.

Fakhars greatest assett is against pace, n with him opening he will most certainly deliver on most occasions...
.but he needs to open

Fakhar zaman needs to open with rizwan ....with babar batting at no.3.

Fakhars greatest assett is against pace, n with him opening he will most certainly deliver on most occasions...
.but he needs to open
At no.4 unless he comes in the power play like in the first match his talents n experience is being waisted willy nilly in favour of players who have not proved them selves even at club level.

Who does that .....oh wait PCB

@fieldMarshal

Do you see my point now?

The worst part is everyone is celebrating as if we won the match, because these 2 hit 60 in 6 overs.
So wt we all can make out of this is that it was all a game played by babar n rizwan to krt saim fail n when the chorus builds up for saim removal, babar takes his place.

They r not letting fakhar open because they know that if given a proper run he will solidify his place as a open n babar will have to bat at no.3

The eng series has proved my point without a shadow of a doubt......
The parchis n the undeserving have been exposed bututally.

I have said it before n I say it again wahab riaz needs to be tried n shot for his criminal neglect in this farcical team selection
Well it’s a democratic selection committee according to Mohsin Naqvi. They should all be sacked.

Balance won't come until we select the right player and kick mediocre players out. Why we kept Usman and Abrar on bench when we knew how bad Saim and Shadab were in recent times?
The problem is not babar, rizwan, Fakhar. These 3 guys are the pillars of this team atm. What other 8 individuals are doing should be talk of the town now.

Squad having five proper openers makes no sense.. Rizwan, Azam, Usman, Ayub and Fakhar.. They should have gone for some reliable middle order batsman.
They already had four world class pacers naming Shaheen, Naseem, Amir and Rauf. Still they chose Abbas as cover.

Fakhar should play as opener alongside Rizwan. Babar Azam should permenantly play at 3. Usman at number 4. Azam or Chacha at number 5. Followed by allrounders.

Squad having five proper openers makes no sense.. Rizwan, Azam, Usman, Ayub and Fakhar.. They should have gone for some reliable middle order batsman.
They already had four world class pacers naming Shaheen, Naseem, Amir and Rauf. Still they chose Abbas as cover.

Fakhar should play as opener alongside Rizwan. Babar Azam should permenantly play at 3. Usman at number 4. Azam or Chacha at number 5. Followed by allrounders.
1. Fakhar
2. Rizwan
3. Babar
4. Usman
5. Iftikhar / Azam
6. Shadab
7. Imad
8. Shaheen
9. Rauf
10. Naseem
11. Amir

The Balance of the Pakistan side turns into Falooda every time Babar and Rizwan open

As long as I can remember .....at least since 07 in every icc tournament Pakistan seems to be in the same predicament as it is right now......its looses to a minnow n then every one is doing dua n the the qudrat ka nizam starts.

This is crap our team is crap period

Back