"There seems a deliberate effort to keep me out, even when franchises have opted for other performers with inferior numbers than me": Ahmed Shehzad

If your going to bring back an old opener,

It should be Sharjeel. That guy can at least win you a game with a good powerplay. Shaz will just eat up deliveries with very little damage inflicted upon the opponent. He isn’t better than Babar or Rizwan as a T20 opener

If the PCB has set up a Sunday bazaar for comebacks then they should also call back Ahmed Shehzad. At least this guy has performed in recent tournaments and deserves a spot in Pakistan team.

If the PCB has set up a Sunday bazaar for comebacks then they should also call back Ahmed Shehzad. At least this guy has performed in recent tournaments and deserves a spot in Pakistan team.
Their is virtually no reason to send our A string team against NZ c string.

Last time NZ c string was sent and thanks to the IPL, Rachin, Mark Chapman and darly Mitchell became superstars and were brought to the first string.

If you were an NZ fan like I am, you'd literally throw a ruckus and think NZ is insane for replacing an accomplished batsmen like will young for an 23 year old lower order bat who hasn't made his mark, and you'd think kane Williamson's replacement being darly Mitchell who's a c stringer would be a joke, but voila guess what? These changes made NZ the 3rd strongest team in the tournament.

Meanwhile our A string achieved no 1 rank only to die in a fire after. Australia in the warmup games treated the whole pakistani team like they were toddlers. Imagine losing s warmup when you're playing near Full strength, only excluding rizwan while Australia are bowling David Warner?

The whole upcoming NZ series should send C to d string players like haider Ali, Usman Khan, Mohammad ali, saud shakeel, Abdullah shafiq, Haris, as well as some old past horses like sharjeel, Amir, imad, shehzad etc etc,

The goal needs to be to find atleast 2 or 3 players that we can incorporate into the main team, as whether you like it or not, we'll smack NZ c team and then get butchered repeatedly in the world cup.

Pakistan main team does not have an established middle order and the opening is extremely wonky, the bowling combination isn't set.

Nz series needs to be used to cultivate players while eng series needs ro be used to gell a team that mixes players discovered from the nz series and gells them with the players who are frontline established.

Ahmed Shehzad has been overlooked by PCB as they announced today a 29 member Pak players training squad ahead of upcoming T20 series and WC 2024.

Shame, wonder why they have the Legend of Hasebullah in the training camp lol

Shahzad was a good test player.
He didn’t deserve the sack in tests atleast.

The problem with him was he couldn’t rotate strike much and couldn’t find gaps, in test cricket he would have gotten more time and open spaces to play the ball into.

Thing people don't understand is that NZ grooms players based of IPL performances and by sensing C string. They select 2 or 3 performances from C string and incorporate them into main string.

Pakistan sends full strength which is why they get exposed in tournaments.

If NZ is resting their mains, Pakistan should be doing the same and be sending our 2nd string, we shpuld be truing players like tayyab, Usman Khan, Ahmed shehzad, haider Ali, mohammad ali, usman tariq, saud shakeel etc and be bringing the 2 or 3 best performers into the main squad.

But that won't happen because babar can't wait to pass up an opportunity to score that super century against weak teams,

I mean come on, this is the same guy who claimed he would rest himself in warmup games only to come out to bat when Australia decided to bowl Warner and Smith lol.

Thing people don't understand is that NZ grooms players based of IPL performances and by sensing C string. They select 2 or 3 performances from C string and incorporate them into main string.

Pakistan sends full strength which is why they get exposed in tournaments.

If NZ is resting their mains, Pakistan should be doing the same and be sending our 2nd string, we shpuld be truing players like tayyab, Usman Khan, Ahmed shehzad, haider Ali, mohammad ali, usman tariq, saud shakeel etc and be bringing the 2 or 3 best performers into the main squad.

But that won't happen because babar can't wait to pass up an opportunity to score that super century against weak teams,

I mean come on, this is the same guy who claimed he would rest himself in warmup games only to come out to bat when Australia decided to bowl Warner and Smith lol.

You know very well Babar and Rizwan cant wait to thrash NZ D.

There is no way they are resting.

Shahzad was a good test player.
He didn’t deserve the sack in tests atleast.

The problem with him was he couldn’t rotate strike much and couldn’t find gaps, in test cricket he would have gotten more time and open spaces to play the ball into.
Back then ( perhaps even now) Pakistan would often discard players from all formats based on the performance of one.

I remember commenting at the time that his "comeback" as a T20 player would be disastrous for him because he wasn't a good T20 player at the time. it led to him being dropped from all formats for a long time until I think Misbah randomly brought him back.

But T20 cricket was all the rage back then. Ahmed had manufactured the swagger of a T20 player and an aggressive player with no output. The PCB then just cut him off for all formats.

You know very well Babar and Rizwan cant wait to thrash NZ D.

There is no way they are resting.
Rizwan can’t wait to eat up 4 dot balls in the over and then hoick Blair Tickner for a six at deep midwicket

Their is virtually no reason to send our A string team against NZ c string.

Last time NZ c string was sent and thanks to the IPL, Rachin, Mark Chapman and darly Mitchell became superstars and were brought to the first string.

If you were an NZ fan like I am, you'd literally throw a ruckus and think NZ is insane for replacing an accomplished batsmen like will young for an 23 year old lower order bat who hasn't made his mark, and you'd think kane Williamson's replacement being darly Mitchell who's a c stringer would be a joke, but voila guess what? These changes made NZ the 3rd strongest team in the tournament.

Meanwhile our A string achieved no 1 rank only to die in a fire after. Australia in the warmup games treated the whole pakistani team like they were toddlers. Imagine losing s warmup when you're playing near Full strength, only excluding rizwan while Australia are bowling David Warner?

The whole upcoming NZ series should send C to d string players like haider Ali, Usman Khan, Mohammad ali, saud shakeel, Abdullah shafiq, Haris, as well as some old past horses like sharjeel, Amir, imad, shehzad etc etc,

The goal needs to be to find atleast 2 or 3 players that we can incorporate into the main team, as whether you like it or not, we'll smack NZ c team and then get butchered repeatedly in the world cup.

Pakistan main team does not have an established middle order and the opening is extremely wonky, the bowling combination isn't set.

Nz series needs to be used to cultivate players while eng series needs ro be used to gell a team that mixes players discovered from the nz series and gells them with the players who are frontline established.
Do you consider Sharjeel part of c string xi ?

He proberly just missed out on the camp and pluss they already have like 5 openers in the camp.

Personally I don't want to see him in the Intl. team. He's had many opportunity to open for Pakistan & hasn't succeed, specially in T20I & with Pakistan specially needing middle/lower order hitters, Ahmed Shehzad doesn't really fit the bill.

Ahmed should have played PSL but he was not picked by any franchise. He was in good form but the real problem was his attitude. I guess he is still better than many who have played the PSL 9. Unfair thing it is to not pick him for PSL but for him to be in the National team? Nope. I will Pass.

Every journey begins with a first step

On This Day in 2014, Ahmed Shehzad became the first Pakistan batter to score a T20I 100. He scored an unbeaten 111 against Bangladesh in the ICC T20 World Cup at the Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur.​

Every journey begins with a first step

On This Day in 2014, Ahmed Shehzad became the first Pakistan batter to score a T20I 100. He scored an unbeaten 111 against Bangladesh in the ICC T20 World Cup at the Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur.​
Wasted potential.

Shehzad at the tender age of 21 had all the shots, he never struggled with bouncers or short balls, knew how to play the cover drive, and even had six making strokes.

If only he wasn't so egotistical and wasn't focused on being a superstar amd looking pretty out their he could have been a great.

All he needed was to take learn strike rotation and fix his problems against inswing or deliveries that angeled in, great player of spin though. Khair another umar akmal down the drain.

Ahmed Shehzad's innings of 71 runs off 105 balls for WAPDA against Ghani Glass led his side to victory by 7 wickets in the President's Cup 2024. He has been one of the consistent performers in domestic cricket

Ahmed Shehzad's innings of 71 runs off 105 balls for WAPDA against Ghani Glass led his side to victory by 7 wickets in the President's Cup 2024. He has been one of the consistent performers in domestic cricket
These are the highlights of his impressive innings.

Another half century for Ahmed Shehzad in the President's One Day Cup 2024. He made 59(47) against SBP but in a losing cause for WAPDA.

Personally I don't want to see him in the Intl. team. He's had many opportunity to open for Pakistan & hasn't succeed, specially in T20I & with Pakistan specially needing middle/lower order hitters, Ahmed Shehzad doesn't really fit the bill.

He is a straight swap with Misbah-ul-Haq in Tests though

Last edited by a moderator:
Back