"There seems a deliberate effort to keep me out, even when franchises have opted for other performers with inferior numbers than me": Ahmed Shehzad

Both threw away their career for having a poor attitude something that has been said by many people.

Lol a person who is not even good enough to play a psl is a better class o player? ok

I think Ahmed Shehzad wasn't that bad as he kept working on his fitness and proved his worth by playing in domestic leagues.

In my opinion he is a far better player compared to Umar Akmal.

Ahmed Shehzad speaking in an interview:

"If it were in my hands and as you said that PSL 1 would get started again, I would try not to play for Quetta Gladiators. I believe playing for them was the downfall of my career. Considering the performances I delivered for them in the early 2 or 3 seasons, if I had done the same for any other franchise they would have praised me heavily. I don't know how I ended up with that franchise, it wasn't in my hands, they simply picked me in the platinum category."

Horrific interview that . Rather than being thankful of Nadeem Omar who picked him when he was discarded he is speaking ill of that guy wow . Shows what kind of character he is . Also when you keep poking nose in other matters which are not your domain you obviously won’t be tolerated. Ahmed thinks he is leader everywhere he goes. I hope he never makes to Pakistan team .

Ahmed Shehzad speaking in an interview:

"If it were in my hands and as you said that PSL 1 would get started again, I would try not to play for Quetta Gladiators. I believe playing for them was the downfall of my career. Considering the performances I delivered for them in the early 2 or 3 seasons, if I had done the same for any other franchise they would have praised me heavily. I don't know how I ended up with that franchise, it wasn't in my hands, they simply picked me in the platinum category."

Wow this guy is so full of himself it's unbelievable. Narcissistic individual- should be kept away from the team. I don't usually agree with Waqar Younis but seems he is spot on with his assessment of this guy

Ahmed Shehzad invited to the pre-departure camp for
I expect

1. A meeting with Zaka for a frank exchange of views
2. I will serve Pakistan type statement
3. Puts his name in for PSL next year.

OR

4. some supplementary ad hoc pic for a franchise now

Ahmed Shehzad invited to the pre-departure camp for NZ squad!

So it's started

Ahmed Shehzad invited to the pre-departure camp for

Ahmed Shehzad invited to the pre-departure camp for NZ squad!

So it's started
I don't think he is going any further from this training camp

Might be a lollipop to keep him quiet

Ahmed Shehzad is back in the Pakistan Cricket Team training kit during Day 1 of the training camp for the New Zealand tour in Lahore.

IMG-20231229-WA0055.jpg

Ahmed Shehzad scored 77 runs for WAPDA against SNGPL today. His impactful knock has greatly improved the position of WAPDA against SNGPL. So after having a sensational form in the National T20 tournament, Ahmed Shehzad has picked the things where he left. Still wonder will all these gallant efforts from him would result in a comeback for him in Pakistan Squad or not?

In the second innings for WAPDA, Ahmed Shehzad notched a score of 70 (139) against SNGPL, marking his consecutive half century, following his earlier performance of 77 (111) in the first innings in fifth round of President's Trophy 2023-24.

Despite consistently performing in the domestic circuit, he hasn't yet had the chance to play in the T20I series in New Zealand. Hopefully, he will get an opportunity in the upcoming Test series.

In the second innings for WAPDA, Ahmed Shehzad notched a score of 70 (139) against SNGPL, marking his consecutive half century, following his earlier performance of 77 (111) in the first innings in fifth round of President's Trophy 2023-24.

Despite consistently performing in the domestic circuit, he hasn't yet had the chance to play in the T20I series in New Zealand. Hopefully, he will get an opportunity in the upcoming Test series.
Well feeling bad for this guy!

he has done everything to get himself back into the team but might be its too late now :(

Ahmed Shehzad has featured in a total of 8 T20I matches against New Zealand in New Zealand, contributing to Pakistan's victories in 4 of those encounters. In the winning cause, he has amassed 133 runs, boasting an average of 33.25 and securing one half-century.

Despite being part of the training camp, the decision to not include him in the playing XI against New Zealand in the current T20I series raises questions. With his proven track record, some argue that he could be a more suitable option than Azam Khan in the middle order, potentially providing a valuable boost to Pakistan's batting lineup.

Ahmed Shehzad eyeing a Pakistan team return played for WAPDA in the President’s Trophy 2023-24 but he left the match prematurely due to back discomfort. Following medical advice he traveled to Lahore for tests.

Ahmed Shehzad nailed a solid fifty with 64 (62) in the second innings on Day 2, playing a key role in WAPDA's 3-wicket victory over PTV in the seventh round of the President's Trophy 2023, as the match finished in just 2 days.

Ahmed Shehzad nailed a solid fifty with 64 (62) in the second innings on Day 2, playing a key role in WAPDA's 3-wicket victory over PTV in the seventh round of the President's Trophy 2023, as the match finished in just 2 days.

Feeling bad for Ahmed Shahzad... with that much consistent performances at least he should have been selected by any franchise to play PSL 9.

Indeed, he might be a better choice in ODIs too but I don't know why he is not able to gain the confidence of management even after piling up so many runs.

I think we need to focus on building a team for the next 50 over WC, he would be 35/36 for the next ODI one. Sadly, we need to look to the future.

Feeling bad for Ahmed Shahzad... with that much consistent performances at least he should have been selected by any franchise to play PSL 9.
Yes, he also has a big fan base (somehow) and would drive popularity for that particular franchise.

Following are highlights of his innings.

I was expecting that Ahmed Shehzad would at least get selected in the Sindh Premier League but his bad luck continues there too.

Ahmed Shehzad has joined Fortune Barishal for the ongoing BPL 2024. Good luck with this campaign.

1706254853707.png

In his whole career he has promised more and delivered less. And he loves playing the victim and getting attention.

Why is he so desperate to make a comeback? He made his debut almost 15 years ago, should focus on retirement and some other occupation.

Fell short of fifty, but with a striking 229.41 SR, he gave a strong start for Fortune Barishal against Chattogram Challengers in BPL 2024, scoring 39 (17).Considering the match-fixing allegations against Shoaib Malik, maybe he should reconsider playing for the same franchise.

There is a journalist on Twitter who loves to create drama with his tweets. I’ll impersonate him with this question:

“So who should pick Ahmed Shahzad in their 19th or 20th pick in the supplementary draft of the PSL,

Tell me honestly??”

Oh I just forgot, the guy is retired from PSL

Well that was a bit of a stupid decision

Fell short of fifty, but with a striking 229.41 SR, he gave a strong start for Fortune Barishal against Chattogram Challengers in BPL 2024, scoring 39 (17).Considering the match-fixing allegations against Shoaib Malik, maybe he should reconsider playing for the same franchise.

Malik has always been a rotten character

And the bad luck continues for Ahmed Shehzad as nobody picked him in the Supplementary drafts of PSL 9 as well.

To be fair, if players such as Imam have featured in the PSL every batsmen has a possibility of being picked and if they are not and consistently overlooked then something does not add up.

Fifty Up for Former Pak opener. Ahmed Shehzad currently 61*(37) playing a spectacular knock for Fortune Barishals. Pity no PSL side opt for him even in supplementary draft of PSL 9.

Fifty Up for Former Pak opener. Ahmed Shehzad currently 61*(37) playing a spectacular knock for Fortune Barishals. Pity no PSL side opt for him even in supplementary draft of PSL 9.
Ahmed Shehzad gone after a well made 66 off 41 deliveries.

Ahmad Shahzad, 2 matches, 105 runs @52.5 and a strike rate of 181, 4 sixes at 14.5 balls per six

Babar Azam: 4 matches 157 runs @52.33, strike rate 112.97, 2 sixes at 70 balls per six

*Babar has been playing non stop without accountability for 4 years as a T20 opener at international and league level. He also scored a scratchy 60 odd in the last game when he was given 3-4 chances as well. This is a clear sign that the man is showing ZERO improvement and is completely complacent right now, yet his fans want to cry and blame Zaka Ashraf for his pathetic performances as a T20 opener!

Surely PSL franchise owners must be regretting their decision of not picking Ahmed Shahzad into their team after watching his bombastic performance in BPL.

Islamabad just wasted their slot after picking Haider Ali.... they could have easily gone for Ahmed Shahzad.

Got overexcited, maybe?

GFZyN3MbkAAbrUe

Not sure why he chose to skip the President's Trophy 2023-24 final and participate in the BPL 2024. Despite stating at the time of Imad Wasim's retirement that he had relinquished the contract for ILT20 2024, expressing a preference for domestic cricket, he is now playing in the BPL 2024. In a recent match for Fortune Barishal against Durdanto Dhaka, he scored only 10(8).

Pakistan Star Risks Injury For Catch, Clutches His Chest In Pain During Bangladesh Premier League Match.​

Star player Ahmed Shehzad has been in decent form in the BPL​

The Bangladesh Premier League has seen some scintillating action. Apart from Bangladesh stars top names from around the world are also participating. Recently, Fortune Barishal roped in another Pakistan player Ahmed Shehzad. The star player Ahmed Shehzad has been in decent form in the BPL. Currently, he is among the top overseas performers in the T20 league. In six matches, he has scored ovr 150 runs at a 140-plus strike-rate.

He has been giving it all in fielding too. On Wednesday, during a match between Fortune Barishal and Durdanto Shaka, Shehzad risked injury while going for a catch of Mohammad Naim off Keshav Maharaj's bowling. In the process, he hurt himself. After Naim went for the pull and struck towards deep mid-wicket, Shehzad ran in and dive forward to take the catch, but landed on his elbow as he hit the ground. He clutched his chest in pain. However, he took a clean catch.

Meanwhile, former Pakistan cricket team skipper Shoaib Malik returned to the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) after abruptly leaving amid rumours of 'match fixing'. Earlier, media reports claimed that Malik was under the scanner for 'match fixing' after bowling three no-balls in a single over during the match against Khulna Tigers. However, he officially refuted those rumours with a post on social media.

"I would like to address and dismiss the recent rumors circulating about my playing position with Fortune Barishal. I had a thorough discussion with our captain, Tamim Iqbal, and we mutually planned the way forward. I had to leave Bangladesh for a pre-committed media engagement in Dubai," he posted.
"I extend my best wishes to Fortune Barishal for their upcoming matches, and if needed, I am available to support them if needs be."
"I have always found joy in playing the game and will continue to do so."

"I want to emphasize the importance of exercising caution when it comes to rumors, especially those circulating recently. I want to make it clear that I strongly refute these baseless rumors. It's crucial for everyone to verify information before believing and spreading it."

"Falsehoods can harm reputations and create unnecessary confusion. Let's prioritize accuracy and rely on credible sources to ensure a clear understanding of the facts. Thank you for your understanding and diligence.

Source: NDTV

Shehzad became the fifth Pakistan batter to score 7000 T20 runs after Shoaib Malik, Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, and Mohammad Rizwan to achieve the feat.

Ahmed Shehzad's bat failed to fire for BPL 2024. Today, he again struggled to score, managing only 1 run off 7 balls for Barishal Fortunes against Comilla Victorians. His previous scores in BPL 2024 for Barishal Fortunes are as follows:

kSNI367.jpg

The answer is simple, PSL franchises probably follow instructions from the PCB.

SlY8VV8.jpg

Ahmed Shehzad's bat failed to fire for BPL 2024. Today, he again struggled to score, managing only 1 run off 7 balls for Barishal Fortunes against Comilla Victorians. His previous scores in BPL 2024 for Barishal Fortunes are as follows:

kSNI367.jpg
Why he went to play BPL which is already known for slow low scoring pitches. Doesn't help his case. He probably should have tried BBL,SA20, IL20, that would have helped him pile up runs and make his return.

Why he went to play BPL which is already known for slow low scoring pitches. Doesn't help his case. He probably should have tried BBL,SA20, IL20, that would have helped him pile up runs and make his return.
Lol to play those leagues you need to be invited

BBL and SAT20 have never shown any interest to invite him. I don’t know whether cuz PCB told them that can’t invite him otherwise PCB won’t let Pakistan tour

Lol to play those leagues you need to be invited

BBL and SAT20 have never shown any interest to invite him. I don’t know whether cuz PCB told them that can’t invite him otherwise PCB won’t let Pakistan tour
You also have given up on him it seems. That's sad considering you were his fan. I am Indian, not a fan but I admired him because he always tried his best. He didn't received support like others and unnecessary dragged into controversies by immature media. I still don't understand why Ahmad was dropped from tests.

LQ would have benefited a lot from his services but they made a big mistake ignoring him. Now one must ask them what did Fakhar Zaman and Abdullah Shafique do for them this season.... NOTHING!

LQ would have benefited a lot from his services but they made a big mistake ignoring him. Now one must ask them what did Fakhar Zaman and Abdullah Shafique do for them this season.... NOTHING!

Both are still better players and have higher ceilings than Shehzad, as well as both being with the national team. Don’t see how you’d ever pick Ahmed over those two in a million years.

He might get a chance next season when the PCB might add 1-2 more new teams.

Both are miles better players than drama queen shehzad

A far better test batter especially in Asian conditions as compared to Sham Masood.
Not sure why he was dropped.

He has been treated unfairly. A far better batsman than Masood any day.
While I agree he's a far better bat then masood, and that shan is the very epitome of nepotism and all that's wrong with cricket,

Shehzad hasn't been treated unfairly by any means. He was pur front runner for 5 years in a row in opening, he showcased attitude beyond belief, and he prevented access to people like sami aslam who at the time was miles above anyone in the unit, even babar at the time, but obviously after his poor form in test and bad attitude to defect to usa he was no longer an option( I'm not defending sami btw, I'm just saying at the time he was superior but obv failed and later just defected),

Shehzad always made excuses, the guy had clear issues with strike rotation and his ability to play fast bowling was medicore, good player of spin though.

By the time fakhar came and burst onto the scene and showcased mighty innings, shehzad was done. Fakhar and shehzad have both been inconsistent but fakhar's ability to play blinders makes him undroppable.

Shehzad will fail and be the same old story, also he's an opener, not a middle order bat, comparing him to middle order bats is just a weird concept tbh.

He has been treated unfairly. A far better batsman than Masood any day.
Pretty right here. Ahmed would have been 100 percent better than Shan here. SHan is just in the team because of the obvious reasons. I think, Ahmed deserves a chance if players like shan are there.

It's really painful to see that players like Shan Masood and Sarfaraz Ahmed can play in this league, but not Ahmed Shehzad, who put in all the hard work to keep himself fit, played domestic cricket and performed at every level well. He was a way better option than Sarfaraz Ahmed to be selected for Quetta Gladiators.

Shehzad deserved the boot in international but why keep him out of framchise when he ironed out his attitude issues, kept himself fit and is still 100x the bat shan is?

Karachi should have picked him instead of Shan. They could have made Shoaib the captain. Ahmed would have scored heavily on those flat pitches where Shan sahab failed like a tail-ender club cricketer.

Karachi should have picked him instead of Shan. They could have made Shoaib the captain. Ahmed would have scored heavily on those flat pitches where Shan sahab failed like a tail-ender club cricketer.
Heavily is a bit over the top, but yes he would have done better compared to Shan.
Ahmed Shezad is a prime example of a decent domestic BAT but gets exposed big time in International cricket.

I really missed Ahmed Shehzad in this PSL. He was in superb form and should have been a part of this PSL. Quetta should have picked him instead of Sarfaraz who was just a burden on the team.

Nadeem Omar on record said that none of the PSL Franchises wanted to have anything to do with the likes of Ahmed Shehzad, Umar Akmal because of their attitude and disciplinary issues, Quetta Gladiators always supported these players and were the only ones willing to take a chance on them but this was the first time even they decided that they were better off without having to deal with the baggage involved with these players.

These two players have burnt their bridges with everyone it appears.

Attitude problem is taking him nowhere in his career. He needs to learn it ASAP or else he will be history which he is atm.

Pakistan opener Ahmed Shehzad, who has been out of the side for the last five years, has stated that he is ready to bat in the middle order. During an interaction with local media:

"I have been playing domestic cricket consistently for the past two and a half years. My performances for the country are evident to everyone, but my name hasn't been called up for the national team or the PSL."

"I have continued to work hard, and my performance has been outstanding in the current season."

"My name was included in the camp based on domestic performance; now I hope to get a chance further ahead."
"I am hopeful to get a fair chance since I want to contribute with my performance and experience."

"I have batted up the order and will prefer to that. As far as batting in middle order is concerned, I am willing to do anything for Pakistan but it is important to sit down and talk about the plan."

"He [Mohsin Naqvi] has many challenges ahead and he has done positive work as Caretaker Chief Minister of Punjab. The chairman has talked about merit, which is a very good thing."

Ahmed Shehzad expressed optimism about a national team call-up despite not being picked by any franchise for the ninth edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL).

"I have been consistently participating in domestic cricket for the past couple of years. My contributions for the country are well-documented, yet I have not been called up for national duty or the PSL,"

"Nevertheless, I have persisted with hard work, and my current season's performance speaks for itself."

"I have batted up the order and will prefer to that. As far as batting in middle order is concerned, I am willing to do anything for Pakistan but it is important to sit down and talk about the plan,"

Pakistan opener Ahmed Shehzad, who has been out of the side for the last five years, has stated that he is ready to bat in the middle order. During an interaction with local media:

"I have been playing domestic cricket consistently for the past two and a half years. My performances for the country are evident to everyone, but my name hasn't been called up for the national team or the PSL."

"I have continued to work hard, and my performance has been outstanding in the current season."

"My name was included in the camp based on domestic performance; now I hope to get a chance further ahead."
"I am hopeful to get a fair chance since I want to contribute with my performance and experience."

"I have batted up the order and will prefer to that. As far as batting in middle order is concerned, I am willing to do anything for Pakistan but it is important to sit down and talk about the plan."

"He [Mohsin Naqvi] has many challenges ahead and he has done positive work as Caretaker Chief Minister of Punjab. The chairman has talked about merit, which is a very good thing."
Lol. Who does he think he is?

Tbh I wouldn't mind giving him a trial run for the upcoming Nz and England series.

Pakistan never understands that you shouldn't play full strength for stat padding, no wonder these clowns get exposed 24/7 in tournaments.

How many times will you keep playing the same winning 11 against d string, only for India to burst your bubble again, and then you start panicking and making desperate changes? I've seen this happen so many times, it's not even deja vu at this point.

NZ mains are playing IPL anyway.

Why not rest babar and rizwan and all the big players and bring them back for eng series?

For NZ series why can't we include our d string? Maybe one will come good like rachin ravindra did for NZ?

Try haider Ali in the lower order, Try tayyab tahir, Try saud as an opener, Try haris in the lower order as a wk bat, Try usman Khan at no 3, Try shehzad in the middle order, try Mohammad Ali, Imad waseem and Amir need to be given games as their returning. Try Abdullah shafiq and Saim ayub as well( Granted saim is already full time but he's young and needs experience)

Why on earth can't we try our c to d string? Why did losing to Afghanistan 2-1 fear hax us when Afghanistan literally humiliated our A string team and nearly beat Australia?

ahmed shehzad needs to be in the playing 11 he's a much better actor than Rizwan infact he's miles ahead

Back