"There's no doubt that we can beat Australia here in Australia": Mohammad Hafeez

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Mohammad Hafeez during Pakistan vs Australia 1st Test post-match Presser:

“We could not execute our skills well. We made the plans for the team, but unfortunately, as a team, we could not execute them well. There is no excuse for that; surely, as a team, we could not execute or plan.”

“Obviously, the guys wanted to do well, but they never applied themselves. To be very honest, as a team, there were a couple of tactical errors we made during this Test match. There were certain situations where we could dominate, and the plan was there. We prepared well for that, but execution was not great.”

“The message is very clear. As I said, we prepared very well accordingly in the last 20 days of my role. The message was very clear to everyone. For sure, it might take some time, but gradually we will get there, and I feel like this is the way to play international cricket at the moment.”

"I've seen during our preparation the amount of talent these guys have. There's no doubt that they can beat Australia here in Australia. But obviously we couldn't do that execution-wise. The plan was there and we prepared accordingly. I still believe that as a team, Pakistan can beat Australia here in Australia, but we must execute our skills when required."​

Last edited by a moderator:
A defeat is a defeat and this is not the right way to play international cricket. We lost badly and this has been become norm for Pakistan to lose in Australia.

I'm hedging my bets hafeez and wahab will be resigning or being sacked after this tour .

Truth be told, no team can probably beat Australia in Australia currently. Pakistan (a mid-tier team) have very little chance.

Only India and South Africa may compete well but even then I expect Aussies to beat both.

Truth be told, no team can probably beat Australia in Australia currently. Pakistan (a mid-tier team) have very little chance.

Only India and South Africa may compete well but even then I expect Aussies to beat both.
Exactly 12 months left for next border gawaskar trophy . let's see how india perform this time . May be India lose but game is certainly most competitive .

India has already done it two times in a row and you are saying can compete ?

India has already done it two times in a row and you are saying can compete ?

That was quite a while ago. This is 2023.

2023 Australia are more polished. I don't think any team can win a Test series in Australia now (not even India).

South Africa can't compete any more, quota system has destroyed their cricket, check how they played last time in Aus.

India can surely compete and maybe walk away with an honorable loss next time, won't win under Dravid and his cronies. Shastri was the ideal coach to take on Aussies, not a meek guy like Dravid. Also we had the genius Bharat Arun as our bowling coach, who had planned our bowling tactics so superbly. Dravid is surrounded by jokers.

This side led by Cummins is special, in terms of results they are a close second behind their legendary 2000s side but don't get their due because apparently they are too friendly with the opponents which people don't associate with the DNA of Aussie cricket. Who cares how friendly they are? Won the biggest trophy in each of the formats since 2021 Dubai, only thing that counts.

That was quite a while ago. This is 2023.

2023 Australia are more polished. I don't think any team can win a Test series in Australia now (not even India).

Chance of any team beating Aus in Aus is always low. History shows that.

Having said that, not sure what you mean by more polished.

Exact same Aus bowling with less tiresome legs. In fact they bowled brilliantly against Ind.
Team had Warner, Smith, Labu basically their best batsmen when they were not in their last leg.

India will compete well.

Pakistan will do well to draw one of their tests.

India will compete well.

Pakistan will do well to draw one of their tests.
I will be surprised if they do it three time in a row. They may draw or win some game, but I would have Aus favorite to win series comfortably.

I don't think India will be carrying Pujara. He was rock for Indian team and took tons of body blows.

Exactly 12 months left for next border gawaskar trophy . let's see how india perform this time . May be India lose but game is certainly most competitive .
Indian cricketers come by far as a finished product.. they play lot of FC cricket + away tours for A & u19 teams , they are not just products of IPL compared to waht Pak bring them in from PSL to TEST CRICKET... The quality of cricket the Indian cricketers is compared to what Pak and PCB can offer is very less and poor..

BCCI organised an INDIA vs INDIA-A match in SA to develop young cricketers and also give more practice time for the senior players...... and they made Rohit , Shubman, Kohli and KL Rahul to bat for INDIA-A so that they can face the India's frontline bowlers ( sth like this is far fetched for PCB to even think of)

India will suffer some losses as they are already right in the middle of transition stage.

I'm hedging my bets hafeez and wahab will be resigning or being sacked after this tour .
What they thought is changing captain , selector, coach and director will win them matches.. but forgot the fact it is the players who are playing in the field.. They are beaten at skill level right left and centre.. Fix that first then address the strategy , planning and tactics part...

This Pak team can compete only with the Prime Ministers IX and would be surprised if they can beat them and win a 3 match series...

Because even against them Captain Shan will struggle to score runs if it is not a practice or unofficial game...
At intl level he cannot pile up runs for his team, 1 century here and there may be once in a year or two... Some players do really well at the domestic stage but simply cannot take their level up to INTL cricket.

Australia should make this as practice tests for their bench strength and rest their senior players. Just play their B or C team..

“We could not execute our skills well. We made the plans for the team, but unfortunately, as a team, we could not execute them well. There is no excuse for that; surely, as a team, we could not execute or plan.”

“Obviously, the guys wanted to do well, but they never applied themselves. To be very honest, as a team, there were a couple of tactical errors we made during this Test match. There were certain situations where we could dominate, and the plan was there. We prepared well for that, but execution was not great.”

“The message is very clear. As I said, we prepared very well accordingly in the last 20 days of my role. The message was very clear to everyone. For sure, it might take some time, but gradually we will get there, and I feel like this is the way to play international cricket at the moment.”

"I've seen during our preparation the amount of talent these guys have. There's no doubt that they can beat Australia here in Australia. But obviously we couldn't do that execution-wise. The plan was there and we prepared accordingly. I still believe that as a team, Pakistan can beat Australia here in Australia, but we must execute our skills when required."​

Translation: We didn’t play well. If we play well, we can beat Australia. It’s not my fault as we made great plans, plus improvement is a long term process.

There's no doubt that you cannot barring a miracle.

Hafeez, who's never coached a school team yet finds himself team director thanks to some shameless lobbying, sounds as divorced from reality here as when he ran his mouth in the buildup.

We didn't lose because of a couple of tactical errors, but because of the yawning chasm between the two teams in all areas.

Re India, I'd be optimistic of their chances if Pant is back in test XI with some form, Gill keeps his form and trajectory upwards, and Jaiswal makes his bed as an opener.

Jaiswal and Gill's performances in the forthcoming tests against SA will tell us a lot.

Re India, I'd be optimistic of their chances if Pant is back in test XI with some form, Gill keeps his form and trajectory upwards, and Jaiswal makes his bed as an opener.

Jaiswal and Gill's performances in the forthcoming tests against SA will tell us a lot.

Thanks - please keep this thread about Pakistan.

We could not execute our skills well. We made the plans for the team, but unfortunately, as a team, we could not execute them well. There is no excuse for that; surely, as a team, we could not execute or plan.”

I am confused. As a team, you could execute or plan, but there was a plan. :unsure:
Also, what does executing skills even mean?

All I get from Mohammad Hafeez's statements is, that he is just washing his hands in the Indian Ocean.

I am confused. As a team, you could execute or plan, but there was a plan. :unsure:
Also, what does executing skills even mean?

All I get from Mohammad Hafeez's statements is, that he is just washing his hands in the Indian Ocean.
Basically he is saying that he did a fab job making a plan.

Melbourne and Sydney should suit our style of play more than Perth. I think if we replace Wasim Jr / Nouman with Faheem & Rizwan with Sarfaraz we may have a chance to at least draw one.

You need to have multiple good sessions to beat Australia. Either that or have one extraordinary session like bowling them out for double digit scores.

Melbourne and Sydney should suit our style of play more than Perth. I think if we replace Wasim Jr / Nouman with Faheem & Rizwan with Sarfaraz we may have a chance to at least draw one.
Last time Pakistan declared at 443/9 and lost by an innings ! Problem with most teams touring AUstralia is doing well in both innings. Most teams do well in one innings and implode in the next

Greater conquests have been done before by weaker armies.

We can still win. Even in this game if 1-2 batsmen hung around in the first innings we’d have confidence in the 2nd innings.

Everyone started flailing in the 2nd innings because they lost hope and fearless leader was at the forefront with his epic drop catches. But he is trying to be aggressive which I guess is a silver lining… despite still meeting his average of 30.

It’s doable. Australia are a top side with a world class bowling attack… but our players overhype them in their mind as if they are unbeatable. Eg, not even putting away leg side garbage and half volleys that are served to them by the likes of Marsh… this is why people are seething with guys like Imam.

Also why on earth is Hafeez at this position? 😂

What massive series was he an integral part of overseas?

The 2016 England tour? He didn’t do anything there 💀

Mohammad Hafeez is now finding that making 'motherhood statements' sitting on a TV channel or an add tweet filled with some fancy googled words won't cut it now that he's been asked to walk the talk, instead of talk and talk.

Good luck Prof.

Mohammad Hafeez is now finding that making 'motherhood statements' sitting on a TV channel or an add tweet filled with some fancy googled words won't cut it now that he's been asked to walk the talk, instead of talk and talk.

Good luck Prof.
Yes loving it. Execution execution !! Plan plan plan!! Believe believe believe !!! Lol he needs some Googling to do after the next loss to be prepared for the post match press conference or else he might vet his trousers 🤣🤣🤣

How on earth can he justify the selection of Faheem Ashraf and relying on Agha Salman as the sole spinner.

I haven't seen anything which justifies the professor tag so far in terms of selections

Rizwan definitely needs to come in for Sarfraz .. drop Faheem and bring in Abraar.

Wasim Jr should have played in the first test, he is the only bowler who can click 140+ regularly and he is good with the old ball and reverse swing.

The fascination with Faheem the pseudo all rounder needs to stop , I did say his inns of 80 odd in NZL few years ago will do more harm for Pak than good and it continues. Pakistan should leave the concept of allrounder (aka bits and pieces) and keep going for proper bowlers instead only then they can compete and start to win some games

How on earth can he justify the selection of Faheem Ashraf and relying on Agha Salman as the sole spinner.

I haven't seen anything which justifies the professor tag so far in terms of selections
He is a feku prof. A bunch of illiterates quickly fall for someone who can make little sense to them and named them as a Prof. may be that happened in his case.

"We made plans, but couldn't execute them"

How stupid does that sound :facepalm:
Plan was to bowl well.

Plan was to bat well.

Plan was to field well.

Plan was to win test.

Plan was to ........

You are absolutely right. It sounds bad. Anyone can make any kind of plan. Making plans are very easy.

Pakistan's best chance will be in Sydney. This was the venue of our last victory in 1995. 3 Spinners will be needed i.e. Abrar, Nauman, Sajid and the part time spin of Salman.

Pakistan's best chance will be in Sydney. This was the venue of our last victory in 1995. 3 Spinners will be needed i.e. Abrar, Nauman, Sajid and the part time spin of Salman.
Show me 1 game when 3 spinners are picked and one of them is not wasted/underbowled.

Draw is easy there. But they did beat Pakistan/NZ/England in the last 10 years. Drew 3 times with India once with SA. If you have good technique against spin on a wearing pitch eking out a draw is easy there.

Back