"You can kind of say that your mindset against such teams like USA, as a team you are a little relaxed": Babar Azam

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Babar Azam (Pakistan Captain) post-match interview - 6th June 2024

“We couldn't capitalize the power play and after that we tried to build a partnership but we couldn't do well in the middle and late overs”

“To be honest, we weren't up to the mark as a bowling unit, we failed to take wickets, and in the middle overs spinners couldn't make any difference “

“We will try to come back, our campaign isn't over yet so we will try our best in the next games “

“It's very hard to lose to a side against the USA but all credits to them for playing good cricket in all three departments. “

“Yes, the pitch was two-faced and it was difficult to bat on but it's not an excuse”

[Reporter:]

It’s really shocking that you lost. Is it a surprise or – what’s your feeling now?

[Babar Azam:]

To be honest, I am feeling good. If you lose a match, you are always upset. I think we are not playing well, on both sides. Fielding, bowling, and batting. For 6 overs- I think we did not capitalize properly, but later on, after 10 overs we gained momentum, but again we lost too many wickets and then our momentum was gone. So yeah,

I think as a batting unit, we need to step up in the middle overs and in the end. So yeah.

What was the direction from you to the bowler when the bowler delivered the super over?

He is an experienced bowler. He knows how to bowl and we were just trying to field the ball accordingly, but I think the US batsman was a bit smarter when the ball was coming to the keeper, he was running. So, I think that thing was a plus point for that batsman in the Super Over.

Do you think that it’s an upset or they played extraordinarily and they beat you in all sections?

Yes, I am upset. We are not playing well in all three departments. We are better than that in bowling, we are not taking wickets in the first six overs. In the middle overs, our spinner is not taking wickets then the pressure is on us. And after 10 overs, we will come back. But I think the way they finished the game in the super overs, I think credit goes to the US team.

You played the semi-final in 2021, you even played the finals in 2022 – you have good performances against the big teams. But against these small teams - Pakistan has been losing a lot of games, even Bilateral, even in the World Cup. So, you don’t prepare like that or the batsmen take it lightly, bowlers take it lightly. There must be some reason for you to lose against the associates.

See, whenever you come in any tournament, you always do the best preparation. You can say it’s a kind of mindset. When you come up against a team like this, you relax a little. You take things a little lightly. See, if you don’t execute your plan against any team, then whatever team it is, they will beat you. So, I believe that we are not up to the mark in executing. We are doing well in preparation but in the match, we are not executing our plans as a team.

It’s obviously very hot today. How hard was it out there with you not having those preparation games because of the weather here in Dallas last week?

No, the weather is not a disturbance. We are used to it, as professionals, you see, sometimes you see the clouds, sometimes you see the sun out, but as a professional, you need to understand the weather. But yeah, Both teams were playing in the same weather, so I don’t think so.

Unfortunate today, you would have never thought that there will be such a result today. Was the Pakistani team overconfident? In the first hour of batting – were you facing some difficulty? Please explain that.

See, first I will talk about the batting. The first six overs, the ball was holding and was swinging. But the more partnerships we built, the better for us. When Sidharth and I started the partnership, we got momentum. I think when we lost the wickets back-to-back, that was the turning point. When you got momentum, you lost it because of losing wickets.

It was difficult in the beginning, but we covered it. But as a professional, you have to step up against such a performance or such a team in the batting, in the middle order. This is not an excuse that they played well. I think we played badly.

The way the tournament is going on and we’re seeing the results, it seems like the toss is very valuable. How much value do you give it? In day matches, whichever team is losing the toss, it almost seems like the results are not going in their favour too. So how are you rating the pitches?

Pitches? Today’s wicket, I think, for the first time – in the first six overs it was helpful for fast bowlers. But later on, I didn’t feel it was a different wicket. I was a little settled down. Because the early matches starting at 10:30, the fast bowlers will get a little help. There is a little juice in the early morning. So, they utilized that. They executed their plan.

Even in the second innings, I think we got help, but we were not up to the mark. We missed that in the first 10 overs. After that, we came back. But when you make a comeback in the last over, the momentum had already been taken away.

But as a bowling unit, we should defend the best bowlers. I think it was better on this pitch, according to our bowling.

What was your plan in the last two overs?

The plan was simple. We were just trying to bowl yorkers. We did not change the plan because the ball was reversing and our bowlers were very accurate with the yorkers. So, our plan was simple, not doing anything different, just go and use the yorkers.​

Last edited:
Babar always bats with a safe target in mind, usually around 160, the way he justifies this is to then say we have fantastic bowlers who can defend that total - which they never do because in reality they are very mediocre bowlers at best.

Even yesterday he will present his innings as heroic amongst so many failures around him, but the tone he set was of the defeated, defending for his life and transferring all the victor's energy into the US bowlers. He has done this through all his career, his stats look good, but Pakistan have one of the worst powerplay records for this very reason. Games are won and lost in the first 6 overs, and that's where Babar usually sets the tone.

Is this some sort of a holiday where they have to be relaxed!
Not at all, but they cannot visibly be broken.

Shaheen is still hurting inside, you can see it on his face.

Rizwan doesn’t have that wholesome touch or sway anymore. He clearly looks overwhelmed around the presence of some players. This is what he was like during his stint with KK too.

These things are visible differences. The only guy that looks switched on is Shadab Khan

Where to start with this. How dare he come out with this nonsense?! You are representing your country. Millions of kids each year want to be in your position, come form poorer backgrounds never make it.

You then have to lead your team, inspire them, get that extra 10-20% out of them through your captaincy.

The country hasn’t exactly been doing great last few decades , cricket is a small window of happiness fans get. You’re telling me this cake eating stat padder thinks it’s ok to relax a little in WC tournament after getting paid more than 70% or so of the current Pakistani population?!

Honestly it may seem like I’m going into hyperbole but this is disgusting from our so called team captain.

I’m not expecting them to win every tournament , but show fight, show you care for the badge and you’re there to try your best. Show you’re in a privileged position that many would cut their right arm off for.

Disgrace , how dare he say they were more relaxed because of the USA. Arrogance beyond belief.

Having meet and greets, no doubt smoking shisha and eating cake. How did Pakistan cricket get to this?! Shame on you Babar azam. No amount of ability and stat padding will ever paper over your cracks of leading your nation out with an arrogant and lazy mentality . We deserve everything we get.

Don’t feel sorry for these chumps, lack of preparation, attitude, commitment and care . Every loss is down the the players and PCB and them only.

Rizwan doesn’t have that wholesome touch or sway anymore. He clearly looks overwhelmed around the presence of some players. This is what he was like during his stint with KK too.

These things are visible differences. The only guy that looks switched on is Shadab Khan

Babar: Looks like I'm watching an effeminate male captaining, no confidence, aggression, and it's almost as if he doesn't even wish to be their.

Fakhar: Honestly even he looks upset, this isn't the fakhar from last year or from 2017, He looks sad for some reason, maybe its cause the team is trying to get rid of him and he no longer feels he's a part. He's broken.

Rizwan: Starting to get overwhelmed now, the hasta wa bacha is breaking.

Usman khan: gives me the Ahmed shehzad 2017 and 2018 vibes, anyone who saw shehzad in the dugout could tell he was worried and scared, he knew his time is up and after imam scored that 100, his soul left his body, Usman feels the same, I think he knows his time is up at the end of this cup and he fumbled big with the UAE decison.

Azam: chewing the gum is a coping mechanism seems disinterested now.

Chacha: Same, feels like he doesn't even wanna play cricket anymore.

As for the rest, oof

Rizwan who normally can keep a brave face completely lost it yesterday, has anybody ever seen him panic like that? he was visibly upset and getting angry with everybody. Against such teams he usually performs best, so this was something new for him.

Babar: Looks like I'm watching an effeminate male captaining, no confidence, aggression, and it's almost as if he doesn't even wish to be their.

Fakhar: Honestly even he looks upset, this isn't the fakhar from last year or from 2017, He looks sad for some reason, maybe its cause the team is trying to get rid of him and he no longer feels he's a part. He's broken.

Rizwan: Starting to get overwhelmed now, the hasta wa bacha is breaking.

Usman khan: gives me the Ahmed shehzad 2017 and 2018 vibes, anyone who saw shehzad in the dugout could tell he was worried and scared, he knew his time is up and after imam scored that 100, his soul left his body, Usman feels the same, I think he knows his time is up at the end of this cup and he fumbled big with the UAE decison.

Azam: chewing the gum is a coping mechanism seems disinterested now.

Chacha: Same, feels like he doesn't even wanna play cricket anymore.

As for the rest, oof
It’s like they have been told Pakistan establishment will throw charges of corruption or embezzlement against them if they lose. They are extremely tense, and that Shaheen fiasco is playing a major role in making it worse.

Relaxed? Babar looked extremely nervous in the first few overs and during the chase, like always, he looked lost. At no point during the game did he look relaxed. He totally lost it at the end when Fakhar was seen calming him down. Had he brought that aggression to the field in his batting and captaincy things might have been a lot different. For that matter none of the Pakistan players, except perhaps Shadab looked relaxed.

After the 15th over during the USA vs Pakistan T20 World Cup match, Mohammad Amir wanted a fast bowler to keep bowling. He seemed to suggest that the ball was reversing. He thought this because he believed that Aaron Jones was better at playing spin bowling. However, Babar Azam turned down this idea because he thought that if the game got very close towards the end, Shadab might get hit for some runs.

This is the whole conversation that happened:

Mohammad Amir was heard saying:

"The ball is reversing, I think you should let a pacer bowl. He ( Aaron Jones apparently) plays spin well"

View attachment ssstwitter.com_1717750822490.mp4

After the 15th over during the USA vs Pakistan T20 World Cup match, Mohammad Amir wanted a fast bowler to keep bowling. He seemed to suggest that the ball was reversing. He thought this because he believed that Aaron Jones was better at playing spin bowling. However, Babar Azam turned down this idea because he thought that if the game got very close towards the end, Shadab might get hit for some runs.

"The ball is reversing, I think you should let a pacer bowl. He ( Aaron Jones apparently) plays spin well"

View attachment 144307
Babar wasn't completely wrong at that stage to get our liability out of the way, and despite Shadab giving away runs as expected, Shaheen, Naseem and Amir did manage to bring the equation down to a certain winning situation.

Haris and Babar totally lost it in the last over. That field setting for the last ball was below club-level stuff and is rightly being criticized everywhere. That field was precisely set for a wide yorker, but Babar was too stupid to realize that Haris had been bowling everything at the stumps.

Babar wasn't completely wrong at that stage to get our liability out of the way, and despite Shadab giving away runs as expected, Shaheen, Naseem and Amir did manage to bring the equation down to a certain winning situation.

Haris and Babar totally lost it in the last over. That field setting for the last ball was below club-level stuff and is rightly being criticized everywhere. That field was precisely set for a wide yorker, but Babar was too stupid to realize that Haris had been bowling everything at the stumps.
I think Harris should also go to babar and explain what he’s going to bowl. Shaheen shouldn’t have made that drop catch earlier either.

However the came was lost due to the pathetic batting and fielding

All said and done, your premier fast bowler should have defended 14 runs in last over vs a minnow. Rauf bowled 2 full toss in last over not to mention number of wides Amir bowled in superover. Its bizarre a test playing nation looked under more pressure in crunch situations.

You cannot relax when you have rubbish players like Amir, Iftikhar, Rauf, Naseem, Shadab and Azam Khan in the side.

These 6 players are absolute nonsense. Jury is still out on Usman Khan.

Pakistan team is basically Babar + Shaheen + Fakhar, and we know that Fakhar will let the team down 8 out of 10 times, but you still need him because he wins you those two games.

Rizwan is an able opening partner for Babar but he is neither here nor there in isolation.

View attachment 3 mb vid.mp4

Salman Butt speaking during an interview:

“It’s not a big deal to get hit because he (Haris Rauf) is a guy who doesn’t even look at his field to see what ball he has to bowl. His mid-off was inside the circle, and he bowled a full ball and got hit for a boundary on the last ball. You must have seen how angry the captain was, that I am standing inside the circle. When you take mid-off up, you don’t bowl a fuller length delivery, it’s basic cricket. His style is very different; he bowls, sits down, puts his hand on his head as if his shares have suffered a loss or something has been stolen. It is so unprofessional”

“It’s like they never learn anything. They will now come to the press conference and say that the process of learning is ongoing, there was a lack of intent, the strike rate was not good. Whatever they say, they lack common sense, game awareness, and street smartness that a cricketer must have after so much experience. It was a new team, you didn’t even bowl a bouncer. The boundaries were not that small, it was like a 70-meter boundary. You are not pushing them on the back foot so that a thought comes to their mind that you are going to attack them.”

“Fielding is taken as if some ordinary match is going on. Slip is standing so far behind, two catches came, one passed by Iftikhar Ahmed and the other catch fell short of him and he is standing behind the keeper like he is in third slip. I’m not understanding which things to criticize and which things to point out. This is a match that is filled with mistakes.”

Waqar Younis said live in the commentary box straight away "who would have thought that USA would beat Pakistan"
I'm sorry but it's pretty obvious that everyone knows only the unprofessional Pakistan players selectors and die-hard fans are the ONLY.

UNDERESTIMATE YOUR OPPONENTAT AT YOUR OWN PERRIUL!

Babar Azam (Pakistan Captain) post-match interview - 6th June 2024

“We couldn't capitalize the power play and after that we tried to build a partnership but we couldn't do well in the middle and late overs”

“To be honest, we weren't up to the mark as a bowling unit, we failed to take wickets, and in the middle overs spinners couldn't make any difference “

“We will try to come back, our campaign isn't over yet so we will try our best in the next games “

“It's very hard to lose to a side against the USA but all credits to them for playing good cricket in all three departments. “

“Yes, the pitch was two-faced and it was difficult to bat on but it's not an excuse”

It’s really shocking that you lost. Is it a surprise or – what’s your feeling now?

To be honest, I am feeling good. If you lose a match, you are always upset. I think we are not playing well, on both sides. Fielding, bowling, and batting. For 6 overs- I think we did not capitalize properly, but later on, after 10 overs we gained momentum, but again we lost too many wickets and then our momentum was gone. So yeah,

I think as a batting unit, we need to step up in the middle overs and in the end. So yeah.

What was the direction from you to the bowler when the bowler delivered the super over?

He is an experienced bowler. He knows how to bowl and we were just trying to field the ball accordingly, but I think the US batsman was a bit smarter when the ball was coming to the keeper, he was running. So, I think that thing was a plus point for that batsman in the Super Over.

Do you think that it’s an upset or they played extraordinarily and they beat you in all sections?

Yes, I am upset. We are not playing well in all three departments. We are better than that in bowling, we are not taking wickets in the first six overs. In the middle overs, our spinner is not taking wickets then the pressure is on us. And after 10 overs, we will come back. But I think the way they finished the game in the super overs, I think credit goes to the US team.

You played the semi-final in 2021, you even played the finals in 2022 – you have good performances against the big teams. But against these small teams - Pakistan has been losing a lot of games, even Bilateral, even in the World Cup. So, you don’t prepare like that or the batsmen take it lightly, bowlers take it lightly. There must be some reason for you to lose against the associates.

See, whenever you come in any tournament, you always do the best preparation. You can say it’s a kind of mindset. When you come up against a team like this, you relax a little. You take things a little lightly. See, if you don’t execute your plan against any team, then whatever team it is, they will beat you. So, I believe that we are not up to the mark in executing. We are doing well in preparation but in the match, we are not executing our plans as a team.

It’s obviously very hot today. How hard was it out there with you not having those preparation games because of the weather here in Dallas last week?

No, the weather is not a disturbance. We are used to it, as professionals, you see, sometimes you see the clouds, sometimes you see the sun out, but as a professional, you need to understand the weather. But yeah, Both teams were playing in the same weather, so I don’t think so.

Unfortunate today, you would have never thought that there will be such a result today. Was the Pakistani team overconfident? In the first hour of batting – were you facing some difficulty? Please explain that.

See, first I will talk about the batting. The first six overs, the ball was holding and was swinging. But the more partnerships we built, the better for us. When Sidharth and I started the partnership, we got momentum. I think when we lost the wickets back-to-back, that was the turning point. When you got momentum, you lost it because of losing wickets.

It was difficult in the beginning, but we covered it. But as a professional, you have to step up against such a performance or such a team in the batting, in the middle order. This is not an excuse that they played well. I think we played badly.

The way the tournament is going on and we’re seeing the results, it seems like the toss is very valuable. How much value do you give it? In day matches, whichever team is losing the toss, it almost seems like the results are not going in their favour too. So how are you rating the pitches?

Pitches? Today’s wicket, I think, for the first time – in the first six overs it was helpful for fast bowlers. But later on, I didn’t feel it was a different wicket. I was a little settled down. Because the early matches starting at 10:30, the fast bowlers will get a little help. There is a little juice in the early morning. So, they utilized that. They executed their plan.

Even in the second innings, I think we got help, but we were not up to the mark. We missed that in the first 10 overs. After that, we came back. But when you make a comeback in the last over, the momentum had already been taken away.

But as a bowling unit, we should defend the best bowlers. I think it was better on this pitch, according to our bowling.

What was your plan in the last two overs?

The plan was simple. We were just trying to bowl yorkers. We did not change the plan because the ball was reversing and our bowlers were very accurate with the yorkers. So, our plan was simple, not doing anything different, just go and use the yorkers.​
It's not a tape ball cricket ffs. You've to take every match serious, it's not an excuse.

View attachment 144309

“It’s not a big deal to get hit because he (Haris Rauf) is a guy who doesn’t even look at his field to see what ball he has to bowl. His mid-off was inside the circle, and he bowled a full ball and got hit for a boundary on the last ball. You must have seen how angry the captain was, that I am standing inside the circle. When you take mid-off up, you don’t bowl a fuller length delivery, it’s basic cricket. His style is very different; he bowls, sits down, puts his hand on his head as if his shares have suffered a loss or something has been stolen. It is so unprofessional”

“It’s like they never learn anything. They will now come to the press conference and say that the process of learning is ongoing, there was a lack of intent, the strike rate was not good. Whatever they say, they lack common sense, game awareness, and street smartness that a cricketer must have after so much experience. It was a new team, you didn’t even bowl a bouncer. The boundaries were not that small, it was like a 70-meter boundary. You are not pushing them on the back foot so that a thought comes to their mind that you are going to attack them.”

“Fielding is taken as if some ordinary match is going on. Slip is standing so far behind, two catches came, one passed by Iftikhar Ahmed and the other catch fell short of him and he is standing behind the keeper like he is in third slip. I’m not understanding which things to criticize and which things to point out. This is a match that is filled with mistakes.”
The most important part, and that's a part of skill that international level players are supposed to have.

The out cricket is pathetic, downright diabolical. They rely on other teams playing bad cricket, rather than execute whatever skills they do have.

You cannot relax when you have rubbish players like Amir, Iftikhar, Rauf, Naseem, Shadab and Azam Khan in the side.

Pakistan team is basically Babar + Shaheen + Fakhar, and we know that Fakhar will let the team down 8 out of 10 times, but you still need him because he wins you those two games.

Rizwan is an able opening partner for Babar but he is neither here nor there in isolation.

Team is full of parchis , Gary Kirsten did a wrong thing taking the position , this will damage his reputation as a A grade coach.

Wahab riaz completely shattered this team bringing his friends , recommendations and keep all Babars and Rizwan’s friends

This team stands no chance against India. I’m expecting them to lose to Ireland and Canada as well.

View attachment 144309

Hasn’t he made these mistakes before but still keeps playing … Haris rauf should hang his boots , 50 over WC wat a shambolic performance, every time he comes 1st over goes for 3 boundaries minimum giving away 18 -20 overs in his 1st over then keep catching up his remaining quota to end with 9 RPO

Ifthikar Ahmed no idea why this old man is still playing. He is not a slip fielder , I rmb they even had Asif ali in the slips , who dropped a sitter in 2019 CWC ( that famous gif)

Apart from lacking fitness, these players lack public relation skills too.

This moment now in Pakistan cricket has to be the second most embarrassing moment in Pakistan history after the spot fixing of 2010.

Why are you relaxed against USA when they butchered Bangaldesh? This is not Uganada
They played like a minnow team , say Tanzania or Zambia. This team would lose to Uganda as well.

I’m expecting them to lose against Ireland and Canada. Against India it is better for them take sick leave and give points to India atleast save the embarrassment 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

They played like a minnow team , say Tanzania or Zambia. This team would lose to Uganda as well.

I’m expecting them to lose against Ireland and Canada. Against India it is better for them take sick leave and give points to India atleast travel the embarrassment 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Bro they played worse.

Uganda is outmatched and outgunned obviously but you can clearly see why brian masaba has so many wins. Dude is a gun captain when facing teams like PNG or teams that are on his teams level.

Fielding for Pakistan has always been poor yes, but their was no direction in the field and no awareness, wrong throws to wrong ends, Horrible captaincy, like why is Bobby fielding inner circle on the last ball? Was he expecting usa to run 4?

And theirs just miscommunication in the whole dugout. Half the team like azam, Chacha don't even wanna be their and seem disinterested.

It's sad that uganada team is more united then Pakistan since atleast uganada isn't suffering from any miscommunication or poor captaincy, they lost to Afghanistan cause they were outgunned, not because they botched the game

Relaxed during a World Cup.

Well the tone has been set for the tournament.

I think the expectation now, is failure out of the group and back to Pakistan.

There was so much wrong with the team before the tournament, that results like yesterday shouldn't be surprising.

However losing all the group games, that will be damning, yet I wouldn't surprised if this came to fruition.

I think thats a bit harsh..
id say Babar, Shaheen and Riz are more than capable..

Capable: Naseem, Amir and Rauf in this order.

Okish: Ifti and Usman...will need to think about them after the WC

OUT: Shadab and Azam now.

View attachment 144307
I think that was the right call.

Shadab has been in bad form and we all in Cricket you cannot leave spinner to bowl the last over of the match. Even 20-25 becomes difficult to defend.

Nawaz had to bowl the last over against India and we saw how that ended. He had much more runs to defend.

View attachment 144309

Oh man. Why is it that the only captain with an ounce of intelligence we produced in the last 20 years turned out to be a cheat?

Babar is completely wrong. They didn't take USA lightly. They took USA too seriously.

That has always been the case with Pakistan when it comes to playing Associates. The reason they are never able to hammer them is because they are always scared of losing the match and that freezes them to death.

The moment Pakistan team relaxes and plays Associates with the thought that we are playing a rubbish team is the day they will be able to smash them.

Babar is completely wrong. They didn't take USA lightly. They took USA too seriously.

That has always been the case with Pakistan when it comes to playing Associates. The reason they are never able to hammer them is because they are always scared of losing the match and that freezes them to death.

The moment Pakistan team relaxes and plays Associates with the thought that we are playing a rubbish team is the day they will be able to smash them.

They are only scared of these teams because they know deep down that they are actually rubbish themselves. How else do you explain such lack of confidence to play supposedly inferior players?

To be honest, they seemed nothing but relaxed. they seemed in panic mode from start of game, since they lost the toss or even before when they knew what selection they had available, conditions, etc.

If they played relaxed and mature normal cricket 9/10 Pakistan should easily beat USA.

They are only scared of these teams because they know deep down that they are actually rubbish themselves. How else do you explain such lack of confidence to play supposedly inferior players?
No not really. Well, I don't disagree that they aren't rubbish but they are not that rubbish to not be able to thrash these associate minnows. This same Pakistan team can go on and defeat SA, NZ, WI as well.

They freeze against minnows because they are scared of losing and the backlash they will receive. It hinders their ability to perform.

Believe it or not, Pakistan have a mental conditioning coach - What the heck is that person doing?

Babar claims “our spinner is not taking wickets then the pressure is on us”
Brother, when was the last time Pakistan won due to the bowling of the fake allrounder Shadab? We all saw how pathetic he was during the World Cup! Meanwhile, a proper spinner Abrar sits on the benches, has sat on the benches during the ODI WC & will probably sit on the benches as long as Babar is the captain, because captain obvious has to play his buddy Shadab regardless of his disgusting performances.

Babar claims “our spinner is not taking wickets then the pressure is on us”
Brother, when was the last time Pakistan won due to the bowling of the fake allrounder Shadab? We all saw how pathetic he was during the World Cup! Meanwhile, a proper spinner Abrar sits on the benches, has sat on the benches during the ODI WC & will probably sit on the benches as long as Babar is the captain, because captain obvious has to play his buddy Shadab regardless of his disgusting performances.
Shadab in his last 6 games:

0-27 vs USA (9 ER)
0-20 vs England (6 ER)
0-55 vs England (13.75 ER)
0-54 vs Ireland (13.5 ER)
0-24 vs NZ (8 ER)

0-27 vs USA (9 ER)
0-20 vs England (6 ER)
0-24 vs NZ (8 ER)
Not a single wicket speaks about our bowling lacking an entire dimension of wicket-taking in the middle overs.

Abrar Ahmed is only held back because of the management's regressive approach towards playing a genuine front-line spinner who is not an all-rounder.

0-27 vs USA (9 ER)
0-20 vs England (6 ER)
0-24 vs NZ (8 ER)

Thanks.

Makes my point abundantly clear. Shadab is not the spinner Pakistan needs. In fact, he’s not even a spinner…or a batsman.

Thanks.

Makes my point abundantly clear. Shadab is not the spinner Pakistan needs. In fact, he’s not even a spinner…or a batsman.
he is a okish batter but yeah he is trrible with a ball so pakistan must utilize him only as a better, he is not an all rounder for sure.

he is a okish batter but yeah he is trrible with a ball so pakistan must utilize him only as a better, he is not an all rounder for sure.

He’s not a genuine batsman either. Pakistan needs to move these bits and pieces fakes and play genuine players, else you gonna soon have Shaheen Afridi opening the innings b/c he’s once hit a six.

He’s not a genuine batsman either. Pakistan needs to move these bits and pieces fakes and play genuine players, else you gonna soon have Shaheen Afridi opening the innings b/c he’s once hit a six.
He may not be a genuine batter,but you can use him in a shorter format, considering we are already carrying so much crap so he is the better option among them all.

It is almost like taking the credit away from USA. USA nearly outplayed them for 35 overs. Only last 5 overs of the game Pakistan had some level fight back.

Babar a world class player no doubt he is all about personal milestones. Just generic statements. His english has no improved either, can barely communite.

Atleast Sarfraz had pride for his country.

1717787548715.png

They have lost so many games against lower-ranked teams over the years and are still coming out "relaxed"?

This is why he was rightly removed from captaincy the first time around.

There is another factor. Pakistan outside their comfort zone their game gets exposed. They are good on UAE wickets. Pakistan wickets. Outside those wickets they are struggling.

Yeah we can see mindset was relaxed with Rauf bowling full toss last ball and no mid off. Amir giving freebies in the superover thinking 18 isn't enough

According to Samaa News, Kirsten had a real go at the team including both junior and senior players. Apparently Babar started blaming some players and Kirsten intervened hello you are responsible for this defeat too, you batted pathetically in the power play, you have no right to go at the team when you didn't lead by example yourself.

Hoping Kirsten takes charge of the team and eliminates player power

Last edited by a moderator:

0-27 vs USA (9 ER)
0-20 vs England (6 ER)
0-24 vs NZ (8 ER)

Shadab needed to be dropped from the team ages ago, the PCB should ban his NOC's and even take away his central contract telling him perform in domestic cricket if you want to come back. If you don't like it, get lost. He needs some serious tough love.

View attachment 144307

So Amir gave him good advice on the ground but the over rated Babar didn't even understand and hence chose to ignore.

This is why Babar will never become a great player, he has zero cricketing intellect.

Ha! If only Pakistan had taken USA seriously. A serious locked and loaded Pakistan team loads up 200+ and we're hoping Aaron Jones and Andries Gous can come good a second time in a row. They were busy hanging with fans rather than preparing for the match. The first time you come to America for cricket, many fans including myself who had never seen Pakistan play live, and you bungle it. I had this image in my mind going into the match, hoping USA could make a close match out of this, and expecting to see Fakhar, Babar, Rizwan, and Shaheen looking dangerously competent against opposition who shouldn't have been able to beat them even with an A performance. I wanted USA to rise to the occasion, instead, Team Pakistan put out one of the most unserious performances I've ever seen. You got double struck by Nosthush Kenjige! Kenjige! So many misfields, bad fields, etc that just made it worse.

There was no reason not to take us seriously. USA had won 7 of 8 matches coming into this match, confidence levels were high, and we have multiple quality players. We beat Bangladesh in a home series. I'm not saying USA is better than Pakistan. In a three-match series, or even a 5 match series, we probably win the solitary upset and Pakistan is grinding us into the ground the rest of the way. But you lost in a tournament. I hope it was a wake up call, I'll be cheering Pakistan the rest of the way especially vs. India on Sunday. The obnoxious India fans on Twitter were...annoying. Give me a reason to laugh in their faces on Sunday afternoon after church and also put India under pressure in their match vs. USA. Aaron Jones is from NYC. He's probably looking forward to playing in his home town and having a big game would do wonders for selling American cricket to normal, every day Americans.

Not sure if this is true or not:

Imam UL Haq : " Hamri odi team se dunia dharty hai "
Ahmed Shehzad : " Tumahri tu duniya hi alag hai bhai jisme sirf yahi mulk ate hain Zimbabwe, nepal , Ireland Netherland , Bangladesh "

Apparently some journalist asked Babar: “Do you think this was an upset or they played better than you”

Babar didn’t understand the question at first and then he replied: “Yes I am upset”

This guy is too funny
Rumors, but if true will have severe consequences going forward.

I’m sure people here would know the source - Babar and Kirsten are apparently at loggerheads after the USA game, as Kirsten believes the captain is not following the game-plans that have been set and Babar insists he has to be pro-active on the ground.

Mohsin Naqvi is furious with the defeat and has given this team an ultimatum. He was the one responsible for banning the Gala Dinner that was planned in New York.

The team has disintegrated completely and it’s showing.

Rumors, but if true will have severe consequences going forward.

I’m sure people here would know the source - Babar and Kirsten are apparently at loggerheads after the USA game, as Kirsten believes the captain is not following the game-plans that have been set and Babar insists he has to be pro-active on the ground.

Mohsin Naqvi is furious with the defeat and has given this team an ultimatum. He was the one responsible for banning the Gala Dinner that was planned in New York.

The team has disintegrated completely and it’s showing.
news coming in from behind the scenes do not sound good.

This tournament should be written off.

news coming in from behind the scenes do not sound good.

This tournament should be written off.
I'll pile on some additional info I found out today. My sister had some of our family friends over last night (I was there too but missed this part of the conversation). They had gone to another Pakistani restaurant for dinner on Wednesday. The Pakistani team was also at this restaurant at 7.30 pm when they were supposed to be at the hotel from 5 pm onwards.
They broke curfew the night before a match. Ridiculous behavior.

Glad to see management is taking this seriously even if it means little after this point.

Lol so much flak I recall 2017 CT being similar burger pizza kha rahe hai and they won the trophy 😒

Agree with it all except Naseem. I do think Naseem has potential

In catch 22 is Babar Azam hopefully Kirsten will man up select the right XI

So Amir gave him good advice on the ground but the over rated Babar didn't even understand and hence chose to ignore.

This is why Babar will never become a great player, he has zero cricketing intellect.
The advice can be good but the situation was not right for him to bowl out Fast bowlers, Shdab would have gone for 30 runs in the last over if he had to bowl there. Babar is not wrong here in this case.

Some points for Babar Azam from ex-Chairman

Mr. Sethi pointed out Wahab Riaz as the one root cause of problem who is holding multiple positions but is devoid of any accountability

Also lambasted Babar Azam for bucking down in case of Azam Khan

The captaincy musical chair has sown the seeds of division in team

The outside influence for Imad Wasim

Karachi media bullying selections

The lack of communication b/w Babar & Kirsten

The coercive approach of Chairman PCB is like a poison for players, (threats & bribes)

Blamed IK, Ehsan Mani & Rameez for tinkering with domestic cricket

Political inference has destroyed PCB particularly the Zaka led disastrous tenure
Highlighted Corp. & Groups as terrible thing leading to player power
Pity on Moin Khan for not counselling Azam Khan
Lobby for SSA also working behind close doors
Nonprofessional approach of PCB has demoralized the team
Drop in pitches not ideal for T20 WC
India is a top team, head strong and favorites
Ex-PCB Chairman Najam Sethi a prominent journalist / analyst on TV program

Too much psychobabble about PAK playing to opponents' level , not taking them seriously etc.

They were just surprised by the skill and accuracy of Netravalkar and the tactic to use Kenjige upfront. PAK just didn't have the skill to counter that.

Got nothing to do with mentality/approach.

What does he mean here as kirsten is quite new.are they both at loggerheads already?

I’m expecting them to lose against Ireland and Canada. Against India it is better for them take sick leave and give points to India atleast save the embarrassment 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
India is weak in t20. So many oldies in the team. Pakistan may beat INDIA if they take match with little seriousness.

I too believe Pakistan got a little bit arrogant against USA and paid the price.

According to Samaa News, Kirsten had a real go at the team including both junior and senior players. Apparently Babar started blaming some players and Kirsten intervened hello you are responsible for this defeat too, you batted pathetically in the power play, you have no right to go at the team when you didn't lead by example yourself.

Hoping Kirsten takes charge of the team and eliminates player power
More probability scenario is, Kirsten will be kicked out if that happens. You know it too.

Some points for Babar Azam from ex-Chairman

Mr. Sethi pointed out Wahab Riaz as the one root cause of problem who is holding multiple positions but is devoid of any accountability

Also lambasted Babar Azam for bucking down in case of Azam Khan

The captaincy musical chair has sown the seeds of division in team

The outside influence for Imad Wasim

Karachi media bullying selections

The coercive approach of Chairman PCB is like a poison for players, (threats & bribes)

Blamed IK, Ehsan Mani & Rameez for tinkering with domestic cricket

Political inference has destroyed PCB particularly the Zaka led disastrous tenure
Highlighted Corp. & Groups as terrible thing leading to player power
Pity on Moin Khan for not counselling Azam Khan
Lobby for SSA also working behind close doors
Nonprofessional approach of PCB has demoralized the team
Drop in pitches not ideal for T20 WC
India is a top team, head strong and favorites
Ex-PCB Chairman Najam Sethi a prominent journalist / analyst on TV program
Some good points here.

Wahab obviously isn't responsible for our own field performance but I have no idea what his role is. I guess he is often out with the boys for dinners and was even on their meet and greets.

Lol so much flak I recall 2017 CT being similar burger pizza kha rahe hai and they won the trophy 😒
Hassan Ali was in top class form in that tournament.

None of our current players look like going through a purple patch that will lift the rest of the side.

Amir should have given himself advice in the Super Over.

There is a video circulating online of Shaheen enjoying the six he hit against USA

These guys are watching their own personal highlights in their free time lol

There is a video circulating online of Shaheen enjoying the six he hit against USA

These guys are watching their own personal highlights in their free time lol
It's sad that Uganda is playing with belief and hope lol

Back