"We had too many dot balls that put the pressure on us": Babar Azam

Pakistan is an average team with or without Amir and Imad.

Pakistan is an average team whether you play Nawaz or Imad or Hassan Ali or Amir.

If Pakistan played Nawaz instead of Imad, and Nawaz played the knock Imad played today, you and posters like @topspin @Rana @mominsaigol @emranabbas would claim that had Pakistan played Imad instead, he would have won Pakistan this match.

Similarly, if Hassan Ali had conceded 19 runs in the Super Over vs USA, you and the posters I tagged above would claim that had Pakistan played Amir, he would have never conceded 19 runs in a Super Over vs USA because of his ability to handle pressure bla bla.

Similarly, had Pakistan played Saim at 3 and he failed the way he has failed as an opener, you and the posters I tagged above would argue that he failed because Babar selfishly didn’t give him the opening slot and had he opened, he would have done well.

Whether you admit it or not, you lot would have read from this script.

Imad in any year and Amir in 2024 are just not good enough to elevate an average team into a champion team because they are part of the problem not the solution.

Therefore, it is both laughable and delusional to see you lot attribute Pakistan’s poor results in the last few years to the absence of these two.

Pakistan has two defeats in two games and both Amir and Imad have played starring roles in help Pakistan lose those games.

Therefore, I was right and you guys were wrong. I was right in my assessment that bringing them back is a waste of time because they will not improve the team.

Pakistan made the final two years ago under the same captain with the same players but they will probably crash out in the group stage under the same captain, with the same players + these two.

So their impact on the team and its results have been zero.

Both will retire soon and they will look back at regret and ask themselves if they really needed to take a u-turn on their retirements and expose themselves the way they have in this World Cup.

That's been the problem with Pakistan team since immemorial.

Players outside the team are always better than the ones playing inside the team.

My problem is you can't look beyond all this to realize that Babar is a trash captain and no set of 11 players can help him win the World Cup simply because he is not leadership material.

Adding to that, he goes missing in pressure matches, the sign of an average player.

Yes, we have average players but it doesn't help they are being guided by a poor captain and a mediocre batsmen.

Also, we won't get lucky like last time that Netherlands beat South Africa so Pakistan squeezes through.

Babar won't get those miracles this time.

No, the pitch is insane, and the ball softness up extremly quickly here.

Saud shakeel would have been key here. You needed to use pacers pace Against them, you can't muscle a soft ball
Haris and Saim Ayub would had been key.

The problem with Saud Shakeel is he couldnt take the India Pakistan pressure last time.
What i learned from this T20 game was, play proper batsman. When you play unorthodox or bits and pieces, they will struggle to score runs.

The reason why i cant bash Rizwan or Babar here is the reason why i wont bash Fakhar aswell. Because when thsoe 3 were standing, i knew they know how to bat and the only way they would fail if they get out to good deliveries or give their wicket away.

But when it comes to Imad, Shadab, Azam and Usman and even Ifti, i know they suck. I have decided to stop supporting Ifti after what he did against USA and Today. Guy has lost his hitting abilities.

wait for the next coming hours/days, story will be out.

And if i were you, i would wish that story is to be true. Or else the fact that Imad was jogging and is still is deemed fit would me that Imad was not running between the wickets on purpose.

He is being sent back to Pakistan.

I think @Mamoon is behind it again this time.
Their were already reports of Mehran Mumtaz replacing him.

Regardless its the opposite, you should hope its an injury and not an actual kicking out. It'll send a horrible message considering parchi's like azam khan get to stay.

It ruins the image of the team and causes Bobby even more hate then he's already getting. It is not a good look or a win for you lol. You get your wish, but it makes the clown unit look 10× worse. If you're a Pakistani fan you should be worried about the marketing and social appeal

Khich ke rakh Uthapa! Expose this fraud!
They will add subtitle later.

Ashwin asks about Rizwan's shot

Uthappa: To be frank they do statpad. Top 2 batsmen. Just like in school cricket two senior players always open irrespective of whether they are effective or not. It makes no sense Babar to open the batting

Their were already reports of Mehran Mumtaz replacing him.

Regardless its the opposite, you should hope its an injury and not an actual kicking out. It'll send a horrible message considering parchi's like azam khan get to stay.

It ruins the image of the team and causes Bobby even more hate then he's already getting. It is not a good look or a win for you lol. You get your wish, but it makes the clown unit look 10× worse. If you're a Pakistani fan you should be worried about the marketing and social appeal
i actually do want Babar to look like an idiot. There is no defending of Babar, nor Wahab nor Naqvi.

Babar should not had taken the captaincy again after what happened last time. But he was selfish he took it. THan the batting order he keeps picking is more ridiculous.

I have been saying this since 2021 Babr the captain is the worst captain ever and should be held responsible for what he is doing now. ANd he is responsible for this game aswell because he picks the 11.

I do back him as a batter.

The problem with Saud Shakeel is he couldnt take the India Pakistan pressure last time.
What i learned from this T20 game was, play proper batsman. When you play unorthodox or bits and pieces, they will struggle to score runs.

The reason why i cant bash Rizwan or Babar here is the reason why i wont bash Fakhar aswell. Because when thsoe 3 were standing, i knew they know how to bat and the only way they would fail if they get out to good deliveries or give their wicket away.

But when it comes to Imad, Shadab, Azam and Usman and even Ifti, i know they suck. I have decided to stop supporting Ifti after what he did against USA and Today. Guy has lost his hitting abilities.
Saim would be out instantly. Saud is a mo batter. He wouldn't be worse , Pakistan has tayyab tahir, Haris, agha salman players sitting in the dug out.

And I'm telling you they don't suck as much as not being able to get 40 of 40.

Indian bats got ragdolled, They were given a respite by shadab bowling and just being bad irrespective of where he bowls.game was finished atleast one of top order didn't play a Pant like innings.

i actually do want Babar to look like an idiot. There is no defending of Babar, nor Wahab nor Naqvi.

Babar should not had taken the captaincy again after what happened last time. But he was selfish he took it. THan the batting order he keeps picking is more ridiculous.

I have been saying this since 2021 Babr the captain is the worst captain ever and should be held responsible for what he is doing now. ANd he is responsible for this game aswell because he picks the 11.

I do back him as a batter.
Babar can get backed as an odi batter or a test batter. Theirs no negativity in admitting that he isn't suited for t20. In the same way their is no reason why people like smith, Labu, Amla, Root should be t20 players.

He's been garbage since 2022 which is what I have been saying.

That 2016-2021 thing he pulled isn't going to work anymore. Babar is low on confidence and he is too limited a player with only drives and pulls to ever be a t20 batsmen. You cannot be a t20 player if lofted strokes are not your fortey, bowlers won't keep giving you the balls to drive or pull, you gotta adapt

wait for the next coming hours/days, story will be out.

And if i were you, i would wish that story is to be true. Or else the fact that Imad was jogging and is still is deemed fit would me that Imad was not running between the wickets on purpose.

He is being sent back to Pakistan.

I think @Mamoon is behind it again this time.

Are you saying Imad deliberately underperformed because of friction between him and Babar?

Saim Ayub has an average of 15? Why are you going googoo gaagaa on that average, he had one half decent game againt NZ where he was runout and everyone figure him out after one innings. Bottom line there is no quality in Pakistan, everyone is bang average and some average above.

A proper batting knock was needed on this pitch with strike rotation and ones, twos. Saud Shakeel had the technique and ability to bat properly on this pitch. For QG he was a revelation as an opener. He failed in Australia on the fast bouncy wickets.

Pakistan might need to reconsider their strategy of filling the side with inconsistent, unreliable bits and pieces players. Play proper technically sound batters and back them to develop a power game with time.

They needed something like 45 runs from 45 balls at one stage. Game was in the bag. They played too many dot balls from 13th over. That turned out to be fatal.

Middle order should've done better.

They needed something like 45 runs from 45 balls at one stage. Game was in the bag. They played too many dot balls from 13th over. That turned out to be fatal.

No not in the bag with 2 overs of Bumrah. A line up that had QDK, Klassen, Markram, Hendricks, Miller, Stubbs had a 16th over maiden against Netherlands on this pitch. Compare that with Iftikar, Shadab, Imad against Bumrah and co.

Middle order? There was no middle order. Shadab, Ifty & Imad aren’t a middle order. Pakistan simply didn’t have a middle order and has time and again relied on bits and pieces players and have failed time and again.

This reliance on bits and pieces players has even deluded Shaheen to consider himself as an all rounder.

It’s a total insanity and an insanity PCB has cultivated by indulging these fake players in their insanity.

Middle order? There was no middle order. Shadab, Ifty & Imad aren’t a middle order. Pakistan simply didn’t have a middle order and has time and again relied on bits and pieces players and have failed time and again.

This reliance on bits and pieces players has even deluded Shaheen to consider himself as an all rounder.

It’s a total insanity and an insanity PCB has cultivated by indulging these fake players in their insanity.
Pakistan has batsmen Abdullah Shafique, Saud Shakeel, Shan Masood, and Salman Ali Agha. But they are not six-hitters. So to have six hitters Pakistan loaded the side with hacks in the middle order who won't survive in challenging conditions. Nothing wrong in having a hack or two. But you still need 5 proper batsmen. Given the bench strength, Pakistan can never come up with a side that can compete in all conditions. They have to get the balance between hacks and proper batsmen right. Even if you scour the entire Pakistan you won't find batsmen with multiple gears. So they have to mix and match.

Pakistan has batsmen Abdullah Shafique, Saud Shakeel, Shan Masood, and Salman Ali Agha. But they are not six-hitters. So to have six hitters Pakistan loaded the side with hacks in the middle order who won't survive in challenging conditions. Nothing wrong in having a hack or two. But you still need 5 proper batsmen. Given the bench strength, Pakistan can never come up with a side that can compete in all conditions. They have to get the balance between hacks and proper batsmen right. Even if you scour the entire Pakistan you won't find batsmen with multiple gears. So they have to mix and match.

Shan Masood & Salman Agha are serial failures and were rightfully discarded. I refuse to believe a country of 250-million can’t find 2-3 proper batsmen to make a middle order.

I really believe Pakistan’s lack of finding credible batsmen is self-inflicted and stems from lack of imagination. There’s so many favoritism and nepotism that happens, that a perception of scarcity has been created.

I mean Abrar is sitting in the bench while Shadab goes months without picking a single wicket. It’s incredible.

Saim Ayub has an average of 15? Why are you going googoo gaagaa on that average, he had one half decent game againt NZ where he was runout and everyone figure him out after one innings. Bottom line there is no quality in Pakistan, everyone is bang average and some average above.

Saim Ayub has some rough edges but he can hit some spectacular shots. Normally you would want fully baked batsmen in the side, but where are they? Pakistan is desperately short of proper batsmen, the thing Ayub has on his side is age, and some genuine batting talent including ability to hit both sides of the wicket.

In all honesty if there are culprits for this loss then duo of Rizwan and Imad are the ones. You cannot play 20 odd deliveries in T20 with such SR either get out no way 31 in 44 and 15 in 24 is acceptable.

In all honesty if there are culprits for this loss then duo of Rizwan and Imad are the ones. You cannot play 20 odd deliveries in T20 with such SR either get out no way 31 in 44 and 15 in 24 is acceptable.

What was especially bad was the rest of us could see that the closing overs would have Bumrah coming back for the death overs so the game needed to be settled by over 16. There was no intent, you had those crucial overs before that going for 1-3 runs against India's second rank bowlers. The game was lost right there.

What was especially bad was the rest of us could see that the closing overs would have Bumrah coming back for the death overs so the game needed to be settled by over 16. There was no intent, you had those crucial overs before that going for 1-3 runs against India's second rank bowlers. The game was lost right there.
There are rumours of something fishy Also, it all started after drinks break

Pakistan batting should be reviewed based on their performances in recent times not the based on the match against India. This is the run rate of various teams at this venue. Pakistan's run rate on this pitch is better than explosive South Africa who has played 2 weak teams so far.

Screenshot-2024-06-10-080941.jpg

We lost it when Imad couldn't whack a novice like Axar

He is not a novice. He was one of the best defensive bowler in the IPL this season. Despite bowling on that Delhi road his ER was 7.65 everyone else was 10 plus an over from his team. On a pitch with variable pace and variable bounce it is hard to judge pace or bounce to time it. Against Axar it is even harder.

He is not a novice. He was one of the best defensive bowler in the IPL this season. Despite bowling on that Delhi road his ER was 7.65 everyone else was 10 plus an over from his team. On a pitch with variable pace and variable bounce it is hard to judge pace or bounce to time it. Against Axar it is even harder.
I feel they are ignoring new Axar over the old one, he has shown a lot of improvement, his batting helped us yesterday too.

Initially i was skeptical he would be able to repeat his IPL performances but at least he did it yesterday.
Would be tough against other teams.

Boggles my mind how do you lose chasing 120?

I’m struggling to understand what in the world happened?

A massive choke.

I feel they are ignoring new Axar over the old one, he has shown a lot of improvement, his batting helped us yesterday too.

Initially i was skeptical he would be able to repeat his IPL performances but at least he did it yesterday.
Would be tough against other teams.
Yep not much idea about new Axar tbh still had the one in mind whom Ifti hit for massive sixes in MCG

I disagree. Generally on a typical T20 pitch you don’t need proper batsmen in T20 cricket in the middle overs- you need hard hitter hacks. The problem with both Pakistan & India is that the hacks are not hacking, especially on these pitches.

What's worse, allowing kholi to score 48 of 18 or not being able to chase 48 runs of 48 balls with 7 or 8 wickets in hand

We lost it when Imad couldn't whack a novice like Axar
It's not just about Imad.

Babar is captain. As captain his job is to lead, Inspire confidence, Lead from the front. Team mentality is very very important.

In IPL I forgot which addition but when jadeja was captain the team was getting smoked, they changed the captain back to Dhoni and the whole camp won.

QG in one edition of PSL I think 2019, we're absolutely smoking IU mid way during the match, bit mickey Arthur called the boys up and screamed at them. Eventually IU ended up winning by 1 run.

Just look at the confidence of 2017 team and 2024 team? Even players like azhar who are known for being shallow got switched on.

Whatever narrative people may have aka the pitch was a road or Rizwan was a goat or imad failed etc, at the end of the day all issues need to come back to Babar Azam.

Sarfraz in 2018 gets scrutinised for his odi losses, even though the team was the same as 2017, just imam over shehzad now and haris sohail being added. Yet the people from that set up like babar and hafeez are ignored. And that is sarfi's fault he was too relaxed in odi in 2018, he switched himself on for t20 and later reswitched on mid way during the 2019 Cup but a bit too late sadly.

Even Misbah's clown unit were capable of upsets here and their despite being woefully outmatched against a prime sa filled with amla and deviller type players, because while misbah is garbo and nepotsitc, atleast he switched himself on for defending totals, and it required Australia a team mentally tougher and stronger to seal the deal.

People are woefully blaming individual to individual and protecting their favourites, be it imad, Amir, rizwan, Chacha or whatever. But all blame ultimately has to come down to babar.

^^ As a leader he's been a coward, he's been clueless, he has no held a standard of fitness, his mall and food nonsense has been meme worthy, his insane dushmani and beefs with the entire planet are cringeworthy.

Even Bobby at his absolute best in 2021 where his own performance is good cannot actually inspire, gell and hold his godamn nerve in pressure moments. Australia game was won, his failure to calm shaheen and hasan Ali down cost it

This game reminds me of Melbourne Pak vs Aus T20 game where we failed to chase 120 odd in 2010.

Their arms were tight. Pakistan's middle order issues have been well documented. This is why Imran Khan was never a fan of all rounders. He wanted specialist batsmen and bowlers. Each knowing their strength and role.

With this Pakistan team, we know until Fakhar there is batting. After that the players are all part timers. Not quality. Imad, Shadab, Ifti. These guys are not specialist batsmen. We needed to build a real batting lineup. We always go on a few big games and star/name power.

Sad, but it is what it is. The team got exactly what they deserved. I watched with the family, and I appreciated the family time. These are all just games in a sport. Not a real war between countries. We take this stuff way too seriously. Need to be more professional, and relax. Part of the reason our players are so tight, they just can't relax. The build up to the demands of the country greatly unsettles their nerves.

Credit to India, they are so much more relaxed. Even when they lost control of their batting their players went for shots. They got out looking to make things happen. We got out playing stupid, scared, tight. Sad.

Axar is a novice? Why didn’t Rizwan whack him?
Because they both played crap timid innings. Both things can be true no. Rizwan can be a defensive timid batter hiding as an opener and Imad could have bottled it in the crunch over.

Their arms were tight. Pakistan's middle order issues have been well documented. This is why Imran Khan was never a fan of all rounders. He wanted specialist batsmen and bowlers. Each knowing their strength and role.

With this Pakistan team, we know until Fakhar there is batting. After that the players are all part timers. Not quality. Imad, Shadab, Ifti. These guys are not specialist batsmen. We needed to build a real batting lineup. We always go on a few big games and star/name power.

Sad, but it is what it is. The team got exactly what they deserved. I watched with the family, and I appreciated the family time. These are all just games in a sport. Not a real war between countries. We take this stuff way too seriously. Need to be more professional, and relax. Part of the reason our players are so tight, they just can't relax. The build up to the demands of the country greatly unsettles their nerves.

Credit to India, they are so much more relaxed. Even when they lost control of their batting their players went for shots. They got out looking to make things happen. We got out playing stupid, scared, tight. Sad.
Yup India are a pro team. They read conditions well and have humility to execute their plans. Shaheen still thinks he is going to blast batters with yorkers in the first over. Has no strategic thinking.

Babar led the team brilliantly today. His haters panicked so hard that they started crediting Kirsten all of a sudden.

His captaincy was the reason why Pakistan were chasing 120 not 140. Yes he failed with the bat, but that has been the story of his career barring one knock. India is his bogey team.

Imad killed Pakistan today, officially exposing himself as the rubbish cricketer that he is. This is what he came back for.

Babar did well with his captaincy ytd. I agree , it I was his captaincy that Pakistan chased 120 instead of 140 but the thing is his backing of players like Ifthikar, Asif ali , Shadab khan , Azam khan , now seems Usman khan will join the list , a complete tailender how the hell did he score centuries after centuries in psl.

Seems Imad deliberately played dot balls to lose the match , why did he walked out in the middle before Shadab who had a decent game against USA

I disagree. Generally on a typical T20 pitch you don’t need proper batsmen in T20 cricket in the middle overs- you need hard hitter hacks. The problem with both Pakistan & India is that the hacks are not hacking, especially on these pitches.
Hard hitters and Hacks are not necessarily one and the same. Mutually exclusive. Hacks don't have solid base. They just swing the bat.

Even among hacks you have two categories. High percentage hack low percentage hack. Pakistan has a lot of low percentage hacks
That I agree with. Ifti chacha, Shadab, Imad Wasim are pretty bad hacks. As I said earlier - these hacks are not hacking.

Babar led the team brilliantly today. His haters panicked so hard that they started crediting Kirsten all of a sudden.

His captaincy was the reason why Pakistan were chasing 120 not 140. Yes he failed with the bat, but that has been the story of his career barring one knock. India is his bogey team.

Imad killed Pakistan today, officially exposing himself as the rubbish cricketer that he is. This is what he came back for.
Congratulations to Babar Azam - after 4.5 years of captaincy there's finally a game where he led well.

Perhaps after another 4.5 years he'll manage another couple.

Please change the script. When the majority is pro-Babar you take the anti-Babar position. Now the majority is anti-Babar and suddenly you are pro-Babar. The guy has never led a team to a single trophy in U19s, domestic, PSL or international cricket bar the prestigious 2022 Banglawash tri-series.

Reappointing him was the part-time Interior Minister's biggest mistake.

Back