[VIDEO] ‘ICC, BCCI Providing Special Balls for Indian Bowlers Making Them Look Extraordinary’: Hasan Raza

hoshiarpurexpress

First Class Captain
Runs
Former Pakistan player Hasan Raza alleges that there is a nexus between the ICC, BCCI and the Umpire who provide the balls and that the Indian bowlers are given some unique balls helping them extract an insane amount of seam and swing.

Speaking on a Pakistani news channel after India’s win vs Sri Lanka in Mumbai on November 2, Raza:

“Looking at [Mohammed] Shami and [Mohammed] Siraj bowl, it reminds of the likes of Allan Donald and Makhaya Ntini, how they bowled when we used to go play in South Africa.

“The ball used to be shiny on one side and rough on the other, allowing it reverse, seam, and swing. But here I feel like the ball is getting changed mid-innings the way it is behaving. Whether it is the ICC that is providing the balls, or the umpires panel, or the BCCI, there should be an inspection on it. I think the balls should be checked.

“We have also seen that some DRS decisions have gone in favour of India. There have been seven to eight DRS calls that have been close that have gone in India’s favour [at the World Cup].”

“I know there are two new balls, yet, there are three slips in an [One Day] international match, the wicketkeeper KL Rahul is catching balls near his head. There seems to be some extra hardness on the ball, an extra layer of polish or coating, which I feel should be inspected,”

“They should check the ball and there should be a debate on it. Shami took five for 18, Siraj took 3 wickets in 3 overs [against Sri Lanka]. I can’t figure out how top level international batters are getting out playing across the line.

“Even in the New Zealand match [against India]. It’s as if the batters get blinded when they see a full ball on the stumps. So that is creating a lot of questions and doubts in my mind. I think these things should be noted.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I have heard this speaking to local shop guy too - not everyone on TV is an expert!

Pakistan ex cricketers and fans looking for more and more excuses/reasons to divert attention :)

Pakistan ex cricketers and fans looking for more and more excuses/reasons to divert attention :)

Really?

Where else have you seen this?

Some washed up cricketer says what he wants, gets picked up by Indian media - familiar pattern there.

Someone break into bccis safe & pass them balls to Hasan has been Ali

The beauty of BCCI’s trickery is that it is an exactly what they’re doing but you bet 99% people will say it’s a baseless overreaction.

BCCI has pioneered the art of passing their tricks as obvious

Yes, I have heard this speaking to local shop guy too - not everyone on TV is an expert!
But this is one of the big news channel and Hasan Raja is an International Player.. not some local shop. So what is happening here and why do ex Pakistan players go into to this kind of analysis? Even you have accused SL of match fixing against India without any proof? How is this different.

But this is one of the big news channel and Hasan Raja is an International Player.. not some local shop. So what is happening here and why do ex Pakistan players go into to this kind of analysis? Even you have accused SL of match fixing against India without any proof? How is this different.
bro. there is a difference.

We accept and critisize our own. You guys dont due to nationalism.

Wow

Trying too hard bro.

A player who has not been heard for years says something stupid and you are all over it as if the PM of Pakistan has spoken?

There are too many channels with two much freedom in Pakistan.

Plus fixers and cheats get a platform.

When you have this combination what sort of views do you expect?

Wasim Akram on TV:

“I have been reading about it from the last couple of days. I want to have the same things these guys are having. Don’t make fun of us in front of the world, please keep those insults to yourself,”​

There are too many channels with two much freedom in Pakistan.

Plus fixers and cheats get a platform.

When you have this combination what sort of views do you expect?

In this case I haven't even heard of this Hasan Raza.

Former Pakistan player Hasan Raza alleges that there is a nexus between the ICC, BCCI and the Umpire who provide the balls and that the Indian bowlers are given some unique balls helping them extract an insane amount of seam and swing.

Speaking on a Pakistani news channel after India’s win vs Sri Lanka in Mumbai on November 2, Raza:

“Looking at [Mohammed] Shami and [Mohammed] Siraj bowl, it reminds of the likes of Allan Donald and Makhaya Ntini, how they bowled when we used to go play in South Africa.

“The ball used to be shiny on one side and rough on the other, allowing it reverse, seam, and swing. But here I feel like the ball is getting changed mid-innings the way it is behaving. Whether it is the ICC that is providing the balls, or the umpires panel, or the BCCI, there should be an inspection on it. I think the balls should be checked.

“We have also seen that some DRS decisions have gone in favour of India. There have been seven to eight DRS calls that have been close that have gone in India’s favour [at the World Cup].”

“I know there are two new balls, yet, there are three slips in an [One Day] international match, the wicketkeeper KL Rahul is catching balls near his head. There seems to be some extra hardness on the ball, an extra layer of polish or coating, which I feel should be inspected,”

“They should check the ball and there should be a debate on it. Shami took five for 18, Siraj took 3 wickets in 3 overs [against Sri Lanka]. I can’t figure out how top level international batters are getting out playing across the line.

“Even in the New Zealand match [against India]. It’s as if the batters get blinded when they see a full ball on the stumps. So that is creating a lot of questions and doubts in my mind. I think these things should be noted.”
My son said exactly the same after the SL game. Interesting

lol I don’t even know if what Hassan Raza is saying is theoretically possible. How would you make a ball that swings more without affecting other areas of bowling? Not talking about reverse swing here

There is no doubt that the Inds are more skilled than the other teams. What will be interesting is a like for like analysis under similar conditions for example bowling under lights at a similar pace and having a similar seam.

Well, I think it's a stupid observation by Hasan Raza.

We have to admire how well Indian bowlers are showing their skills with a ball where many other greats are finding it difficult to get a seam or swing in such conditions.

I saw him play in Sahara Cup in Toronto. Looked ordinary.
Man I remember those games in Toronto. He looked so ordinary and so out of place. They should have waited a couple of years before thrusting him on to such pressure games against Ind

I believe the Kookaburra balls are made in Australia only and it is impossible to cheat and use a different ball as the players and the officials of the game can easily figure out if a different ball is being used.

India has the best bowling attack in the world and are looking scary good to win this world cup. It is time for us Pakistanis to accept this and wish them well as they totally deserve to win this world cup. If you truly love this sport, then you will always want the best team to win the world cup and India by far are the best team in this tournament.

They have my blessings and I honestly wish that they lose a game or two before the semis as this is very important in order for them to win this world cup.

Well, I think it's a stupid observation by Hasan Raza.

We have to admire how well Indian bowlers are showing their skills with a ball where many other greats are finding it difficult to get a seam or swing in such conditions.
Not just skills. Pace too. They all bowl 135 to 145.

Hassan Raza claimed on Pakistani national tv that Indian cricket team is being given different cricket balls which swing more. Considering BCCI=ICC, How many here think that it's happening? Or is it time to give credit to the Indian bowlers?

I think different balls, they are also probably switching the pitch mid innings. That's why the entire arena goes dark, like how they would do in WWE before Undertaker's surprise entry. And some kind of adhesive is being applied on the outfield when India is bowling to slow down the shots, Indians have been given special kind of shoes to overcome the adhesive.

When I used to play cricket, I used to get a fair bit of inswing, and there was this one batsman who was convinced that I was ball-tampering. Of course I never did, but I always found it to be a great compliment that he thought so. In the same sense, it's a huge compliment to the Indian bowlers that Hasan Raza is saying this nonsense.

The only thing that was tampered with, was Hasan Raza's age when he came to the international cricket scene haha.

The Indian cricket team romped to their 8th victory in as many matches as it hammered South Africa in a Cricket World Cup 2023 match at Eden Gardens on Sunday. The Indian team's stupendous show in the tournament has earned them plenty of plaudits from the cricketing universe. Against the Proteas, India secured a whopping 243-run win to strengthen their spot at the top of the points table. But, there remain some like former Pakistan cricketer Hasan Raza who feel Rohit Sharma's men are 'manipulating DRS' to get things their way.

Raza, in a chat on a Pakistani TV channel, said that DRS manipulation in the World Cup has been key to India's success in this campaign. He cited the example of Rassie Van Der Dussen's dismissal in the match to explain his point.

Jadeja picked up five wickets and finished with career-best figures. We were talking about technology where DRS was being taken. Van de Dussen was the batter and the ball was hitting the middle stump after pitching on leg stump. How is that possible?

"The impact was in line, but the ball was headed towards the leg stump. Like everyone else, I am just sharing my opinion. I am saying that such things should be checked. DRS is being manipulated and that is clearly visible," Raza said on the Pakistani channel ABN.

Raza even said that India had manipulated DRS in the World Cup match against Pakistan too.

"It was not the first time. The review in the match between Pakistan and South Africa and the last wicket partnership. They did not even apologise. Home conditions and home advantages come into play," he added.

The former Pakistan cricketer also stressed that India had manipulated DRS in the 2011 World Cup too, particularly for the infamous incident involving Sachin Tendulkar and Saeed Ajman.

Raza feels it's this sort of 'home advantage' that has played a crucial role in Team India's domination in the ODI World Cup this year.

NDTV

Hassan Raza is making stupid comments. I know indians fan will go gaga on every stupid statement he will make.

If indian posters are trying to score points here, well there is a difference.

If our side does something wrong or make stupid statements, we critisize that person and his statement. You guys dont due to nationalism. There is a big difference. Infact, you guys would invoke pakistan in a thread related to India, while we dont do that and accept if the messenger is being dumb.

Whichever channel is airing his views is the one who gets to make money out of it. Social media is only worried about reach. They don't care whether it is negative reach or positive reach. High time Indian bluetickers stop ignoring these trolls. Reacting to it only encourages them to come out with more controversial analysis.

Sometimes I wonder how some people who have represented the international side can be so delusional.
This is not first time and last time. :djb

I doubt even his own family members take him seriously

The guy never went to school. Made his international debut allegedly when he was 14 lol Later in his career, got caught up in fixing

Now inspires to be like Tanveer Ahmed whose career also started after he retired.

Bas bakwas karo, and if anyone tries to give you a shut up call, tell them you have represented Pakistan.
Haven't won anything for us, bas useless representation ka gharoor

Why are Pakistani fans being so upset about his statements?
The DRS in both cases was dodgy. (Maharaj and Klaasen)
So was Ajmal's lbw of Sachin in 2011

Why are you all trying so hard to defend India when its obvious the DRS review of Klaasen was clearly manipulated

Why are Pakistani fans being so upset about his statements?
The DRS in both cases was dodgy. (Maharaj and Klaasen)
So was Ajmal's lbw of Sachin in 2011

Why are you all trying so hard to defend India when its obvious the DRS review of Klaasen was clearly manipulated
bro. We use the ajmal lbw to troll indian fans.

Thing is, data to be manipulated has a edit history in its records.

DRS isn't dodgy, its just ex cricketers are jahil and dont understand how it works.

People who bash DRS all the time need to watch some football. Only than would they be appreciative how much better DRS is compared to VAR

Pakistanis are bunch of cry babies. Not my words. Its Malik and Wasim words in A sports. Always blame someone or suspect something wrong if someone does good. Well cant blame them, when their own sportsman resort to fixing and tampering. Fans can only expect that much.

bro. We use the ajmal lbw to troll indian fans.

Thing is, data to be manipulated has a edit history in its records.

DRS isn't dodgy, its just ex cricketers are jahil and dont understand how it works.

People who bash DRS all the time need to watch some football. Only than would they be appreciative how much better DRS is compared to VAR

But the Jadeja lbw of Klaasen looked very weird, pitching outside leg stump to the naked eye, and still shown as pitching in line in the DRS?

But the Jadeja lbw of Klaasen looked very weird, pitching outside leg stump to the naked eye, and still shown as pitching in line in the DRS?
Bro, if you looked at FB images, than yes it would be weird.

But if you look at the replay its not weird.

Point of impact was not when the ball bounced, but when the ball hit the pad.

Thing is, people dont understand how technology of Hawk eye works and make outladish claims that alot of people start supporting.

True! There are things that you expect a local uneducated paan wala to say.

Paan Walas are decent people - should not put them down.

The issue is that these guys have no real way to earn money and some of these smaller channels get them for free

Paan Walas are decent people - should not put them down.

The issue is that these guys have no real way to earn money and some of these smaller channels get them for free
True! I believe someone who has played even 1 international match can't be that naive. It's deliberate on their part to gain attention.

To be fair to him how i recall Indian fans and myself as a 8 year old believing Jayasuria had spring or Steel in his bad when he was smacking in 1996..it’s always hard to believe.

Wasim Akram was well paid to coach in the IPL so he will defend the bowlers, I’m into conspiracy theories but this one doesn’t seem likely

It is an indirect compliment to either Indian bowlers or Indian technology.

If what Sir Raza says is true then technology is futuristic sci fi stuff and if Indian engineers have got it correct, the same technology can be used in missiles to ensure missiles deviate enough to avoid anti missile systems. Scary eh?

If that isn't case, the Indian bowlers are being complimented (indirectly of course ) for making the ball talk and for getting 78 wickets in 8 games so far.

There is no doubt that the Inds are more skilled than the other teams. What will be interesting is a like for like analysis under similar conditions for example bowling under lights at a similar pace and having a similar seam.
I guess Virat Kohli has a special bat that Babar doesn't have.

Its funny that a person who was himself caught in match-fixing as well as spot fixing is making wild allegations now. His only claim to fame in life was being made to debut at the age of 14 as a counter to India's Sachin who made a debut at 16. Now after all the disgrace he sits in a unknown TV channel throwing allegations without any logic to back his claims.

To be fair to him how i recall Indian fans and myself as a 8 year old believing Jayasuria had spring or Steel in his bad when he was smacking in 1996..it’s always hard to believe.
hahaha I remember this one. It's ok though when you are a kid.

I guess Hasan was that kid who never grew up :srt

Hassan Raza is making stupid comments. I know indians fan will go gaga on every stupid statement he will make.

If our side does something wrong or make stupid statements, we critisize that person and his statement. You guys dont due to nationalism. There is a big difference. Infact, you guys would invoke pakistan in a thread related to India, while we dont do that and accept if the messenger is being dumb.

Well put. Pakistanis call out wrongs be it in government, army, PCB or anything as we tend to access things much fairer in general, while our padosis are majority all out bent on defending anything and everything with their Maha bharat nationalism. There are some who are fair and others who don't speak up because they are scared to be cancelled or get attacked in millions on social media

My brother who is 4.5 years older than me told me that when I was 10 years old. And I even believed that. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I was 10-11 years old back then. Funniest bit is that I tried telling that to my friends in school. I was shocked to learn that my friends already knew that 'secret' about Jayasuriya.

Which indian ex player or commentator made similar statement like hasan raza which indians didn't criticize?

Hassan Raza be like, “ICC gave Afghanistan special ball to ensure that Pakistan is eliminated”.

Back