[VIDEO] "How long will I remain useful to you?" Saud Shakeel speaking to Sarfaraz Ahmed during practice in Australia

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
This does not look or sound good.

Make what you will of this exchange but poor of both players.

This is what heard from this video:

Saud Shakeel:
How long will I remain useful to you?

Sarfraz Ahmed:
I don’t need you, brother. I didn’t even ask you. The first thing is that I didn’t ask you to swap. I swapped with the one I wanted to.

Saud Shakeel:
You swapped, right? so I was useful for you.

Sarfraz Ahmed:
I didn’t swap anything.

I think Saud was joking in the start but sarfraz took it personally. Is this another one of that senior junior stuff?

Sarfraz crying as usual. Let's not forget sarfraz benched saud for 3 years in PSL.

Now expecting people to come up with theories here

1. Saud is a part of Babar Rizwan dosti yaari group and picking on Sarfraz on Rizwan's orders.

2. Misbah told Saud to pick on Sarfraz because he ruined his career.

Saud shouldn’t behave in such manner in the first place

He is clearly picking on Sarfraz Ahmed and he himself done nothing to establish himself in the team yet

Controversy theories will come more and more until some clarification comes on from any one of them. If they are talking in a lighter mood (which doesn't look like it is) then all good or else there is something much wrong with this. Should not have happened.

They are more worried about PSL before a tough test tour. Tells about the priorities of these players

My question is - how did this video get leaked out? Who was standing so close as to capture the sound so clearly?
Yep not good for team morale. And the bad thing is that the series has not even started yet and there appear some cracks in team unity.. Hope it's actually not so how it appears.

My question is - how did this video get leaked out? Who was standing so close as to capture the sound so clearly?
probably the same way how all the dressing room rumors get leaked. There are aasteen k saanp in the management or maybe some players could be involved.

He is clearly picking on Sarfraz Ahmed and he himself done nothing to establish himself in the team yet
It’s clear they don’t get on. Saud expressed his anger on Twitter last year for not getting a single game in the PSL for QG

Things don't look that heated. Just seems like a bit of confusion between the two.

pakistanis are so senti, like you work in any environment you have these kinda little tiffs, the fact that ppl sit around and discuss this like its something makes it something, if no one cared, no one would care.

In any company there goes around alot of exchanges of such sort. There was no need to leak this video and create controversy out of it.

Anyways, both guys are from Karachi, now Karachi media will be confused who to defend lmao.

Lol it’s a day to day happening at a work place does not mean they don’t get along, happens everywhere.

I would hazard a complete guess with my non expert opinion that it could simply be about the batting order in the nets?

I would hazard a complete guess with my non expert opinion that it could simply be about the batting order in the nets?
yup. The earlier you bat in the net, you are more likely to face fresh pace bowlers. As the net session goes towards the end you start to pace part timers more.

Are you sure Saud hasn't done anything to establish himself? Saud in his 13 test innings has scored 2 100s & 6 50s @ average of 87.50. Saud should have got more opportunities at least 3-4 years earlier. I don't want to take sides but this bade bhai chote Bhai culture must be vanished from Pak team

It's already circulating on social media, reported as masala in urdu media BTW Saud should behave he is not big enough to tie Sarfraz shoes as he is a Champions Trophy winner

It's already circulating on social media, reported as masala in urdu media BTW Saud should behave he is not big enough to tie Sarfraz shoes as he is a Champions Trophy winner
Saud as a cricketer is light years ahead of sarfraz. Sarfraz should behave maybe being a passenger for the last few years is taking toll on him. What a fall from grace.From being a captain to a water boy. Sarfraz should know this could well be his last outing for Pakistan if he doesn't perform.

Are you sure Saud hasn't done anything to establish himself? Saud in his 13 test innings has scored 2 100s & 6 50s @ average of 87.50. Saud should have got more opportunities at least 3-4 years earlier. I don't want to take sides but this bade bhai chote Bhai culture must be vanished from Pak team
Saud as a cricketer is miles ahead of sarfraz. It was pathetic sarfraz blocking him for Pakistan and Psl. Saud has every right to have a go at him.

Last edited by a moderator:
The person who leaked this should be banned from training sessions.

Cut Sarfaraz some slack... a lot of people become grumpy in their old age and he might be feeling the bones creaking a bit from having to continue to keep wickets in his 40s!

These are two men talking.

Lets not judge. There is no right or wrong. We are not robots but humans with emotions.

Social media has ruined everything.

Btw this is the beauty of urdu language.

Had it been punjabi players, the response would had been more hilarious with some gali fitted in between.:LOL:

Probably would have ended with violence shoaib asif afridi incident.

Then kami shoaib incident after kami antics of dropping Ross taylor.

pakistanis are so senti, like you work in any environment you have these kinda little tiffs, the fact that ppl sit around and discuss this like its something makes it something, if no one cared, no one would care.

Agreed. It's irrelevant and its shameful to whoever leaked it trying to create an unnecessary rift when it is not there.

No, this is not normal.

When something like this happens it takes the focus away from the real thing which is to work together and practice hard.

It also gives players something to talk about when the focus should only be on playing cricket and working hard in nets.

As a senior player Sarfaraz should have shown some courtesy to avoid engaging with other players during net sessions.

If he has any issues he should have talked to him personally later.

Saud as a cricketer is miles ahead of sarfraz. It was pathetic sarfraz blocking him for Pakistan and Psl. Saud has every right to have a go at him.
Block from where ? Sarfraz didn’t block him in PSL saud doesn’t fit in any franchise if he was so good other would have picked him . He ain’t T20 player . He has always been praising him and played under saud captaincy too in domestic . That’s unnecessary hate against Sarfraz .

People are wondering where this video is from and who took it. This isn't anyone on the team or management. It's these wannabe journalist YouTubers who have been annoyingly tailing the team like rats, since the moment the boys stepped into Australia at the airport. Even Umar Gul got irritated by their main man who was sticking the camera at his face and he told him that he'd only answer his question if he puts the camera away. I've been following their content as they've been regularly posting Pak training sessions even in Pakistan and now Australia.

PCB should sue them or give them a strict warning. It was wrong to post this video and cause unnecessary drama. Pakistan somehow always finds themselves in one and it distracts them from the series at hand. Arguments like this can happen in a sports setting but it's a personal thing within the team and should not be seen by the public.

Let's stay off this Punjabi v Urdu topic for this thread.

You can start one on TPS

Sarfraz being emotional as usual. He was very moody toward the end of his captaincy stint too.

Yelling at his bowlers like a mad man. Both in internationals and in PSL and domestics

Let’s see how his fan defend this… who try to rewrite history as him being the torch bearer of Dhoni or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarfaraz should realize that he is not the captain anymore so he needs to come out from that bubble and behave like a senior not like a street cricketer.

Hope they've made up - last hopes for Pakistan in progress

Back