[VIDEO] "I admire the Pakistani cricket team" : Amitabh Bachchan

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Movie legend Amitabh Bachchan said on Monday that he hoped there was greater exchange of artists between Pakistan and India, and hoped that one day he would be able to visit Pakistan, Express News reported.

In an exclusive skype based video interview with Express News on Monday, Asia’s biggest movie star hoped that there was freer exchange of artists where Pakistanis can learn from their Indian counterparts and Indians can learn from their Pakistani counterparts.

The legendary Bollywood actor, who has hundreds of thousands of fans in Pakistan, said his connection to Pakistan is of a personal nature.

“My mother was born in Lyallpur, she studied in Lahore at the Government College Lahore and most of her family lived in Karachi. So I have a history with Pakistan.” He added that he had visited Pakistan along with his mother to Lahore and Karachi when he was two-years-old. However, he has not had a chance to return to Pakistan since.

To a question about when he was intending to visit Pakistan next, Bachchan senior said that he would visit Pakistan whenever he gets an opportunity, but remained non-committal over a timeline. The actor told Express News that he had many friends in Pakistan and that it seemed that they all belonged to the same land.

Asked about what things in Pakistan he liked, the senior actor said he was a cricket fan who admired the Pakistani cricket team and never missed a cricket match between India and Pakistan, adding that veteran Pakistani cricketers Fazl Mehmood and Mushtaq Ali were among his favourites.

When asked who his favourite Pakistani actor was, Bachchan said he admired Mohammad Ali. “However, Pakistani television serials those days were outstanding and all the actors in those serials were my favourites,” he added.

“I would love to see an exchange of artists between India and Pakistan. You (Pakistan) could learn some from us (India) and we could learn some from you. This would benefit everyone,” he added.

Speaking about his upcoming film Bhoothnath Returns, the actor said that the film is about the common man and touches upon topics like corruption, inefficiency, which would appeal to everyone. “Everywhere there is a political system, there are issues like that,” he added.

To a question about his foray into politics, Amitabh said that he had left politics for good and had no intention of returning to that field again.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/692648/glad-to-have-so-many-fans-in-pakistan-amitabh-bachan/

^ Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee ( dead ) have worldwide following so yes.

There is no actor better than him I say.
#Legend He along with Dilip kumar are the two greatest actors world has ever seen

Bruce Lee was born in the US though.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Right but he dint only act in mainstream Hollywood movies but went back home and made his legacy by working in Chinese Martial Arts movies.( in collaboration with biggest distributors from USA )

Dead at such a young age but has made Chinese martial arts so popular around the world only through his movies , that have a cult following still this date.

I hope the new Indian government finally agrees to a full tour.

When was the last test India Pakistan test?

How can 2 neighbors in love with cricket not play against each other.

Re: "I admire the Pakistani cricket team" : Amitabh Bachchan

Right but he dint only act in mainstream Hollywood movies but went back home and made his legacy by working in Chinese Martial Arts movies.( in collaboration with biggest distributors from USA )

Dead at such a young age but has made Chinese martial arts so popular around the world only through his movies , that have a cult following still this date.

The man was a legend .My father grew up watching his movies and that whole generation adored him .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I always thought Amitabh Bachchan was anti Pakistan, But this shows he is'nt. Its good to see people finally moving on from the past and starting to accept each other.

"I admire the Pakistani cricket team" : Amitabh Bachchan

I always thought Amitabh Bachchan was anti Pakistan, But this shows he is'nt. Its good to see people finally moving on from the past and starting to accept each other.

Your thought still could be spot on. Did u expect him to say bad things about Pakistan when giving interview to a Pakistani channel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your thought still could be spot on. Did u expect him to say bad things about Pakistan when giving interview to a Pakistani channel?

Oh, this interview was taken by a Pakistani channel? I did'nt know that. Maybe he is anti Pakistani, but I would hope he is'nt.

"I admire the Pakistani cricket team" : Amitabh Bachchan

I hope so too

He is the best Indian actor by a country mile. All Time best that is.

Nailed! He is very conservative.

All differences aside, he is a top top actor. Certainly the best in India.

all due respect to big b, he's not top from India (purely as acting skill) or even in bollywood.. he has his typical sound that's all...

Re: "I admire the Pakistani cricket team" : Amitabh Bachchan

Masha Allah. Our Team got blessed with these legendary words.

Pakistanies :110:

When asked about what he knows about Pakistan... he dont know much but every Pakistan Indian knows about cricket so he said cricket. What u think he would so no i dont like Pakistani team ?

He was or maybe still is good friend with Imran Khan but who wasnt ? He is one of best if not the best actor from India. From me he is THE BEST ACTOR.

But dont forget he did not invited one single muslim person to his sons Shadi. ( i can be wrong but thats why i know )

And i dont understand Pakistani media and there thinking as slaves....

Lame actor with lame and stupid movies. AndhoN mein kana raja.

No one knows him outside CC.

We Pakistanis are smarter than this.

This is movie promotion going on. I think some movie he is working in mite be releasing in Pakistan also, so this display of fake bonhomie and brotherhood, so that Pakistanis who Indians think are 'sentimental fools' can go watch his film.

Express Tribune is published in Pakistan but is actually an Indian newspaper that allows Indians to comments against Pakistan and Islam on their website.

These media outlets are all serving foreign agendas, and really use any instance to promote their paymasters. This story publishing in Express TRibune has lost all credibility whatever agenda it is pursuing.

Ahhh.., is this movie the reason, after 70 years of his life, an actor who has worked in anti-Pakistan movies like Kohram (1999) found something to admire about Pakistan:

'Bhootnath Returns' to release in India, Pakistan on same day

It will see Big B reprising the role of the friendly ghost. Confirming the news, the 71-year-old actor said, "Yes, 'Bhootnath Returns' will release in India and Pakistan on the same day (April 11)." A production member said, "Mr Bachchan has a huge demand in Pakistan.

Hence because of the popularity we have decided to release 'Bhootnath Returns' in India and Pakistan together."

The film also stars child actor Parth Bhalerao, who plays Bhootnath's accomplice in fighting against the ills of the society. Actor Boman Irani is playing the main antagonist in the film. 'Bhootnath Returns' has been produced by T-Series and BR Films.
-

See more at: http://www.mid-day.com/articles/bho...tan-on-same-day/15213094#sthash.XNh72nNg.dpuf

Last edited:

don't know about USA, but in russia and eastern europe, he is like al pacino (for girls)....

you can just goto any girl and start having a convo uttering two names....

1. Shahrukh khan

2. Amitabh bacchan.

someone who is staying in usa, uk may shed light what's the spread there.

Nice compliment for the Pakistan cricket teeam.

I remember we went to the Canary Islands a few years ago on holiday and the spanish taxi driver was saying some of Amitabh's lyrics from his films in Amitabh's voice.

The man is a legend !

We Pakistanis are smarter than this.

This is movie promotion going on. I think some movie he is working in mite be releasing in Pakistan also, so this display of fake bonhomie and brotherhood, so that Pakistanis who Indians think are 'sentimental fools' can go watch his film.

Express Tribune is published in Pakistan but is actually an Indian newspaper that allows Indians to comments against Pakistan and Islam on their website.

These media outlets are all serving foreign agendas, and really use any instance to promote their paymasters. This story publishing in Express TRibune has lost all credibility whatever agenda it is pursuing.

Ahhh.., is this movie the reason, after 70 years of his life, an actor who has worked in anti-Pakistan movies like Kohram (1999) found something to admire about Pakistan:

'Bhootnath Returns' to release in India, Pakistan on same day

It will see Big B reprising the role of the friendly ghost. Confirming the news, the 71-year-old actor said, "Yes, 'Bhootnath Returns' will release in India and Pakistan on the same day (April 11)." A production member said, "Mr Bachchan has a huge demand in Pakistan.

Hence because of the popularity we have decided to release 'Bhootnath Returns' in India and Pakistan together."

The film also stars child actor Parth Bhalerao, who plays Bhootnath's accomplice in fighting against the ills of the society. Actor Boman Irani is playing the main antagonist in the film. 'Bhootnath Returns' has been produced by T-Series and BR Films.
-

See more at: http://www.mid-day.com/articles/bho...tan-on-same-day/15213094#sthash.XNh72nNg.dpuf

Another logical post in the thread.

He is the best Indian actor by a country mile. All Time best that is.

Amitabh may be a super star .. but best actor ?? not by any means.there are lot better actors in India than him. have you ever heard of Mohanlal from Kerala? another one who is not at all well known but confined to only Kerala is Nedumudi Venu.he is not a super star.. but an amazing actor.similarly i am sure there are many better actors than Amitabh..but most of them may not be so called 'stars'

lol.. I don't know who is he.. I don't know the names of most of bollywood actors.. I know the names of Amrish Puri Naziruddin Shah bcoz they acted in south Indian cinema's..

Maybe dude you are south indian, we pakistanis are only familiar with bollywood.

lol.. I don't know who is he.. I don't know the names of most of bollywood actors.. I know the names of Amrish Puri Naziruddin Shah bcoz they acted in south Indian cinema's..

Then why give your opinion on something which you don't know about.

Maybe dude you are south indian, we pakistanis are only familiar with bollywood.

a lot of Pakistanis , i think are this way.but for your info there are way better regional language actors in India who are far better in 'acting' than these over hyped bolly wood stars. i have nothing personnel against them.. but i get really irritated by this over rating they are getting. for your info: Amitabh considers Mohanlal as the best natural actor in India.Mohanlal is from my state Kerala.Another actor Mammootty (my avatar) is also a great actor with 3 national best actor awards

a lot of Pakistanis , i think are this way.but for your info there are way better regional language actors in India who are far better in 'acting' than these over hyped bolly wood stars. i have nothing personnel against them.. but i get really irritated by this over rating they are getting. for your info: Amitabh considers Mohanlal as the best natural actor in India.Mohanlal is from my state Kerala.Another actor Mammootty (my avatar) is also a great actor with 3 national best actor awards

It might be , im not saying they are not talented but you should realize people are more familiar with hindi/urdu than telgu(is it telgu ? not sure which lang south indian cinema is ) . Pak, bd, nepal and afg can easily understand hindi/urdu movies so this might be the reason bollywood has more bigger market.

All Indians are anti Pakistan but we are not anti Islam. :kohli

In India we don't do individual character assassination of Pakistani's like you guys go after Narendra Modi etc. We never target Shareef's, Bhutto's like that. We blame your institutions not individuals. We don't moan 'filana' Pakistani hates us.

After appearing in over 180 films, AB doesn't need publicity stunt. It was a genuine compliment.

Asked about what things in Pakistan he liked, the senior actor said he was a cricket fan who admired the Pakistani cricket team and never missed a cricket match between India and Pakistan, adding that veteran Pakistani cricketers Fazl Mehmood and Mushtaq Ali were among his favourites.

Who is Mushtaq Ali?

It might be , im not saying they are not talented but you should realize people are more familiar with hindi/urdu than telgu(is it telgu ? not sure which lang south indian cinema is ) . Pak, bd, nepal and afg can easily understand hindi/urdu movies so this might be the reason bollywood has more bigger market.

Kerala, my state's language is 'malayalam'.Telugu is of Andhrapradesh ,state of Azharuddin.Kannada is of Karnataka, land of Dravid.Tamil is of Tamilnadu ,state of Ashwin.
and Marathi is of Maharashtra, land of Sachin.All are South Indian states

He recently acted in 'The Great Gatsby' with Leonardo Di Caprio.....I rate Irrfan Khan, Amrish Puri, Nasruddin Shah higher though....

Who is Mushtaq Ali?

It's a mistake in the article. It's Muhammad Ali who was one the great actor of Pakistan

He recently acted in 'The Great Gatsby' with Leonardo Di Caprio.....I rate Irrfan Khan, Amrish Puri, Nasruddin Shah higher though....

Very good list. All are better than Bachan really. I like Irrfan particularly.

Then why give your opinion on something which you don't know about.

what..? do you read why I reply..? someone say he's best from INDIA that he's not.. there's a lot of great actors in south India especially in Kerala..

and do you think big b is best even in bollywood..? he won national award by lobbying.., just check the film he competed against, especially paa vs pazhassiraja, palerimanikyam and pranchiyettan... :facepalm:

There is a reason why Dilip Kumar and Amitabh lasted longer even in their older age is because of grasp on language, none of the trio Khans r gonna have that.

Dialogue delivery is so natural.

Ive watched his old films and he was a good actor but I know he has lost a lot of respect from Pakistani Bollywood fans after his friendly smiles with war criminals. I think people need to be careful of having actors/jesters/entertainers as their role models because most are not good people.

There is a reason why Dilip Kumar and Amitabh lasted longer even in their older age is because of grasp on language, none of the trio Khans r gonna have that.

They are natural actors. Versatile as well.

The Khans do similar roles. Except Aamir.

Ive watched his old films and he was a good actor but I know he has lost a lot of respect from Pakistani Bollywood fans after his friendly smiles with war criminals. I think people need to be careful of having actors/jesters/entertainers as their role models because most are not good people.

He is not a role model - he is an actor - those who cannot distinguish between these concepts need help.

[utube]ktxfXNCWefM[/utube]

Prime Minister Imran Khan has often spoken of his years of friendship with fellow sportsmen from across the border in India. But not many people know that there was also a time when Bollywood biggest star promised to "help" and "certainly be there" in the future for the Pakistani cricket-turned-philanthropist-turned-politician.

It was 27 years ago when the megastar of Indian cinema, Amitabh Bachchan, attended a charity function in London at Khan's invitation.

Senior Bachchan was one of several big names who were present at the occasion to raise funds for the Shaukat Khanum Cancer Hospital.

The function, also graced by music giants such as Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Mick Jagger, Jerry Hall, Khalid Shafi, was held on December 3, 1992 at a hotel in the UK and is now remembered as one of the most memorable meetings of the two icons captured on camera.

The Pakistani cricket legend, who spearheaded the cause of building a cancer hospital in the name of his deceased mother, received applause from the participants, including Bachchan.

The 'Sholay' star greeted and addressed the audience, and heaped praise on Imran for inviting him to the fundraiser.

"I am indeed grateful to this gentleman for having complimented me with all the kind words that he had to say about me," he said.

Recalling an incident of him when he was injured, Bachchan emphasised on the importance of having the best medical facilities when needed.

Hailing Imran for launching a movement to build a cancer hospital for people without the means, the actor offered his services whenever required.

"I'm honoured to be here with you, Mr Imran Khan. And I’d like to say that, if in the future there’s any effort where you will require my help, I shall certainly be there," said Bachchan.

"You have heard so much about how doggedly Mr Imran Khan has been pursuing this very noble cause of the cancer hospital. And I am certain that, with the kind of doggedness that is associated with Imran Khan, especially when he’s on the cricket field, this venture is sure to be a success."

He also lauded the donors present there for coming forward and contributing.

Shaukat Khanum Cancer Hospital is the only facility in the world offering free treatment to 70 percent of its patient. After Lahore and Peshawar, another mega hospital is under construction in Karachi.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/539750-a-memorable-meeting-of-amitabh-bachan-and-imran-khan

Last edited:
Came to this thread thinking Mr. bachan has signed his death warrant by praising the Pakistani team. Then realized this thread is from 4 years ago before India went full fascist.

They are natural actors. Versatile as well.

The Khans do similar roles. Except Aamir.

I don’t think anyone is a natural actor, AB has worked tremendously on his craft, His exceptional movies have actually come at later age imho with The Last Lear, PIKU, not denying he was great even initially able to do Mili angry man to Namak Halal comedy with ease!

I like Amir too and he does diff roles but his expressions are same in every movie , agreed they are very good but current actors like Vicky and Rajkumar are much more versatile.

Even Zohra Sehgal till the end kept on improving her craft!

Force the microphone down anyone's throat and they'll say whatever you want them to.

Back