[VIDEO] Is this what it takes to make it big in sports?

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Below video is horrific but I am convinced that the same is happening in many places around the world where pushy parents/coaches are abusing their children/pupils to make them perform better!

==

A disturbing video of a father assaulting his daughter on a tennis court in Serbia has left the tennis community shock with Novak Djokovic urged to step in.

Twitter user Igor Jurić (@lojzija) posted a video over the weekend of a man kicking and slapping a young player at a training session at an unnamed court in Serbia before dragging her by the hair and pushing her to the ground where he once again kick her.

“Another brutal violence of father against daughter. I received information that it was a family coming from China. We will file criminal charges against this monster as well,” Jurić wrote.

Former US Open finalist and commentator Pam Schriver took to Twitter to express her disgust and also called on 21-time Grand Slam winner Djokovic to try to get to the bottom of the incident.

“OMG we all need to report, and press charges against this kind of horrible abuse,” she wrote.

“Let’s ask for @DjokerNole to help behind the scenes. We all need to work together to stop abuse. Igor thanks for doing your part.”

Former world No 1 Victoria Azarenka also shared her thoughts on the sickening attack.

“I don’t know who this person is, but *** is this?!? People filming for this long without intervieng, absolute disgrace. And it happens so much, there has to accountability. Please report who this person is if somebody knows,” she wrote.

Juric gave more detail about the events in an interview with Sportskeeda.

“I can say that I am mildly shocked, regardless of the many terrible things we have seen, this has left the strongest impression so far,” he said.

“The reason for this violent behaviour was allegedly that one of the coaches, who was working with her at that moment, said that she did not put in enough effort and that she did not want to move, ie, to do what was asked of her. Allegedly, this was the reason for this crude and brutal violence that happened.”

Judy Murray, mother of Grand Slam winners Jamie and Andy Murray, also called for action to be taken.

“Horrific example of parental physical abuse in junior tennis. Over to you to deal with this through whichever governing body he falls under @ITFTennis. ,” she wrote.

Spaniard Paula Badosa said: “This is crazy!!!!! The worst thing is that it is not the only case in our sport. People putting their f… frustrations on the athlete. fed up! Please report it!

“Much encouragement to her I have a broken heart right now…”

Last edited by a moderator:
Back