[VIDEO] Naseem Shah chats about football, Tamil films, funniest team-mates & more

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Naseem Shah reveals his favourite place, favourite food, favourite type of films, favourite footballer, favourite football team, funniest team-mates and more.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1__XJWUXdxY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Naseem Shah loves Tamil movies!?

He is probably talking about South Indian movies like RRR (which got nominated for Oscar), KGF etc which made a killing on the Indian box office last year. Usually people not familiar with South combine all south movies as Tamil films.

He is probably talking about South Indian movies like RRR (which got nominated for Oscar), KGF etc which made a killing on the Indian box office last year. Usually people not familiar with South combine all south movies as Tamil films.

Watch the video - think he is very clear about Tamil.

Watch the video - think he is very clear about Tamil.

He said he saw it dubbed in Hindi.. majority are defn Telugu coz those became famous.. Tamil dubbed in Hindi didnt make it big..

Asif got an offer as a villain in some Malayalam movie before his ban, Shah can definitely get a role as a hero.

Btw I believe YouTube title should reflect the thread as well ("Q&A with Naseem Shah | Footbal | Tamil Films" etc) it'd attract more engagement from the public as he barely talked of such themes elsewhere.

Years ago when I was unaware of India regional cinema's diversity I did put all South Indian movies into the "Tamil" category, I think probably due to Rajnikanth, who has some popularity in the country.

But the way Naseem talks of them it does seem he references Telugu cinema here (the Allu Arjun type movies).

Asif got an offer as a villain in some Malayalam movie before his ban, Shah can definitely get a role as a hero.

Btw I believe YouTube title should reflect the thread as well ("Q&A with Naseem Shah | Footbal | Tamil Films" etc) it'd attract more engagement from the public as he barely talked of such themes elsewhere.

Years ago when I was unaware of India regional cinema's diversity I did put all South Indian movies into the "Tamil" category, I think probably due to Rajnikanth, who has some popularity in the country.

But the way Naseem talks of them it does seem he references Telugu cinema here (the Allu Arjun type movies).

Even within south you have variety. Tamil/Telugu are major film indsutries. Malayalam has its own flavor. Definitely all of them are far far better than bollywood movies who simply copy south movies and butcher them.

Tamil movies dubbed in hindi and south indian movies are a big hit in pakistan. People love it more than bollywood movies
I think here he might be confusing tamil with south indian movies. Alot of pakistanis do this.

Recently some movie came out by the name of kgf and it was soo kuch loved by the people.

Naseem is one of those guys who do not need to perform. They will be fan favorites regardless and people will they think they are doing well even when they don’t.

So much hype and adulation for a guy who has embarrassing numbers in Test cricket, took only 3 wickets in the T20 World Cup and has played majority of his ODI matches against an associate nation.

He is one of the most popular players in Pakistan cricket now with almost zero performances under his belt. I suppose he is marketable in his own way so good for him.

He will not his leave his name in the history books but at least he must be making lots of money. His family must be very proud of him and it is heartbreaking that his mother passed away before he became a star.

Tamil movies dubbed in hindi and south indian movies are a big hit in pakistan. People love it more than bollywood movies
I think here he might be confusing tamil with south indian movies. Alot of pakistanis do this.

Recently some movie came out by the name of kgf and it was soo kuch loved by the people.

Interesting. I know that there is a wave of South Indian cinema being popular in the North but wasn't aware that even Pakistanis watched them. :inti

most of the popular hindi dubbed movies are from telugu. but people unaware might group all the south movies under 'tamil' which will slowly change.

Naseem is one of those guys who do not need to perform. They will be fan favorites regardless and people will they think they are doing well even when they don’t.

So much hype and adulation for a guy who has embarrassing numbers in Test cricket, took only 3 wickets in the T20 World Cup and has played majority of his ODI matches against an associate nation.

He is one of the most popular players in Pakistan cricket now with almost zero performances under his belt. I suppose he is marketable in his own way so good for him.

He will not his leave his name in the history books but at least he must be making lots of money. His family must be very proud of him and it is heartbreaking that his mother passed away before he became a star.

Unfortunately this is the case with most Pakistani cricketers. If they happen to be good looking and have like 1 iconic performance then they are set up for life without having to put in much effort. Shahid Afridi was exactly that - a once in a blue moon cricketer but when he would perform it would be iconic like the 2 sixes vs India.

Pretty much sums up why we can never be a consistent side - too many once in a blue moon cricketers in the team like Asif, Naseem, Fakhar etc.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Balochistan Police has appointed Naseem Shah as an honorary Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) <a href="https://t.co/tlRoBaA3Vi">pic.twitter.com/tlRoBaA3Vi</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/1621879209487470594?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 4, 2023</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

From the interview, it looks like Naseem is a very shy character and extremely introvert. He has no personality. For every question, he has to pause for a few seconds to even come up with a half decent answer.

Naseem's career could be on a crossroad here - the performances against Afg were not good at all. He should have ended up with many more wickets.

You seem to be overly critical of him.

His numbers are pretty average in Test cricket but that is usually the case with a lot of young bowlers who start of in the mid 30s and gradually bring it down.

He has only played a handful of ODIs 3 vs Netherlands and 2 vs New Zealand. Promising start particularly since he took 8 wickets against New Zealand. You don't have to praise him but do not need to mock him.

Took 3 wickets at the World Cup but you fail to mention the economy of 6.2. I believe you know enough about t20 mickey mouse cricket to know that wickets are pretty de-skilled in the format. It's not like you are nipping two out and cutting one back in. Sometimes the other guy gets them, an output of 4-25-0 is solid.

He has some substance behind him. Enough to take a risk and invest in him.

In Tests

First Ten Matches: 21 Wickets @44
Last Five Matches 21 Wickets @27

Back