[VIDEO] "Nothing I have ever said about Babar Azam is personal": Simon Doull

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Simon Doull chats with Saj about PSL 8, his criticism of Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan, Shaheen Shah Afridi as a future Pakistan captain, how impressed he was with Ihsanullah and more.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n5HQLo2hivw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Would be great to see if some of our commentators also start expressing themselves, they can be positive but original also.

Some of the abuse Doull got for what he said was ridiculous.

He's entitled to his opinions as a commentator.

I'd rather commentators voiced their opinions instead of sitting on the fence as most Pakistani commentators these days do.

Honest and true feedback is hard to get. If taken in right spirit, it can do wonders for individuals or teams. But most of the subcontinent audience won't take it in right spirit and end up abusing/fighting each other over it.

His thoughts are a breath of fresh air
I much prefer him say what he feels than those commies that sit on the fence and strut the usual cliched lines not wanting to upset people

Now lets hope he calls out others for eg Dhoni in the IPL for not retiring etc

His thoughts are a breath of fresh air
I much prefer him say what he feels than those commies that sit on the fence and strut the usual cliched lines not wanting to upset people

Now lets hope he calls out others for eg Dhoni in the IPL for not retiring etc

Dhoni is elite level. The day Babar wins what Dhoni has won, he can play in the PSL until he is 100 years old.

Dhoni is elite level. The day Babar wins what Dhoni has won, he can play in the PSL until he is 100 years old.

It shouldnt matter how big a player one is A spade should be called a spade and id expect doull to call others out the same way

You cant pick and choose when and to who you to call out

It shouldnt matter how big a player one is A spade should be called a spade and id expect doull to call others out the same way

Doull has criticised Kane Williamson's T20 batting for a long time.

He's not just criticising Babar only.

Commies like Doull actually help players with their criticism and I have no doubt he is doing it as a professional opinion. Babar needs to remember he is amongst the best in the World but has room for improvement.

The criticism from Simon Doull was not only constructive but also bang on the money. Disgraceful to see him get abused for it but that comes to no surprise because a good number of Pakistan fans don't understand the modern demands of the game.

I hope Simon Doull will not be intimidated to speak his mind in the future.

You cant compare Babar with Dhoni, thats my point. I dont care if Babar tuk tuks in the PSL. Its International cricket where its time he ups his game. PSL or IPL seriously, dont care about the results one bit.

You cant compare Babar with Dhoni, thats my point. I dont care if Babar tuk tuks in the PSL. Its International cricket where its time he ups his game. PSL or IPL seriously, dont care about the results one bit.

Well Doull and 99% of posters do care The comments babar and riz have received were from the recent psl

Im fine with any criticism as long as its constructive and doulls is but many people are jumping on the anti riz and babar bandwagon and it seems its open season on them to be bashed

Well Doull and 99% of posters do care The comments babar and riz have received were from the recent psl

Im fine with any criticism as long as its constructive and doulls is but many people are jumping on the anti riz and babar bandwagon and it seems its open season on them to be bashed

As I said, International cricket matters. Both failed in big games and still think their method is the right one. Its time they move on and try to actually up their game.

One of the worst commentators out there.

He has made many dumb statements like asking Kane Williamson to retire from Test and focus on white ball cricket. Ironically, Williamson's strike rate in T20 is lower than Babars. Knowing how the current PCB regime is against Babar, who knows they might have hired him to say all this, but this is just speculation.

His criticism was just over the top, and Aamir Sohail owned him live on air during the recent series against Afghanistan.

Obviously, fans that endorse his view will think otherwise.

I have seen Pakistan having terrible openers, i have seen all those imran nazirs, farhats, shazaib hassans, nasir jamsheds etc... After soo many years we have found great and capable openers that have even chased 200+ singled handedly. They are the only guys to have defeated India in a World Cup, when some other pair is capable of doing such a thing than one can talk.

The talent we have is not appreciate, and our fans dont learn, they will still go towards Harris and Saim Ayub or Sharjeel Khan or Fakhar Zaman opening because they like the aerials shots rather than quality cricket being played.

Simon Duoll doesnt know our cricket history, so some leverage can be given, but our Pakistani ex cricketers and fans know very well. People still remember Imran Nazir as a very good opener, when infact the guy hardly scored 20 runs in a game.

As I said, International cricket matters. Both failed in big games and still think their method is the right one. Its time they move on and try to actually up their game.

Out of all the players we have had, it was these two openers method that helped in defeating india in a world cup, so i know who have failed in big games and who have not failed and they did it with 10 wickets to spare.

One of the worst commentators out there.

He has made many dumb statements like asking Kane Williamson to retire from Test and focus on white ball cricket. Ironically, Williamson's strike rate in T20 is lower than Babars. Knowing how the current PCB regime is against Babar, who knows they might have hired him to say all this, but this is just speculation.

His criticism was just over the top, and Aamir Sohail owned him live on air during the recent series against Afghanistan.

Obviously, fans that endorse his view will think otherwise.

I have seen Pakistan having terrible openers, i have seen all those imran nazirs, farhats, shazaib hassans, nasir jamsheds etc... After soo many years we have found great and capable openers that have even chased 200+ singled handedly. They are the only guys to have defeated India in a World Cup, when some other pair is capable of doing such a thing than one can talk.

The talent we have is not appreciate, and our fans dont learn, they will still go towards Harris and Saim Ayub or Sharjeel Khan or Fakhar Zaman opening because they like the aerials shots rather than quality cricket being played.

Simon Duoll doesnt know our cricket history, so some leverage can be given, but our Pakistani ex cricketers and fans know very well. People still remember Imran Nazir as a very good opener, when infact the guy hardly scored 20 runs in a game.

Simon Doul has gone silent with criticizing Indian players in the IPL. People who listen to his commentary in the IPL and compare it with his commentary in Pakistani home games and the PSL can easily tell he is ten times more careful when talking about Indian players.

Doull has criticized Ashwin on air without any basis. He mentioned just what he thought.
So he has criticized Indian players on air.

Doull has criticized Ashwin on air without any basis. He mentioned just what he thought.
So he has criticized Indian players on air.

Which he is entitled to do, as is any commentator, providing they give some context and facts behind the criticism, which Doull does.

Yaar, lets face it, we from the SC are a very emotional lot and canot take criticism. Mark Waugh was correct in critising VK for dropping slip catches, wrong slip catching technique and all that....and he faced a farrrago of criticism because he happened to criticise kohli. MW knows what he is talking about. for me at least, he was the complete slipsman. He took most difficult catches two handed and made it look ridiculously easy, he said in one interivew he read the ball off the pitch.
VK averages one dropped catch per match but somehow he always makes it up with his fielding brilliance and he also takes some blinder catches as well as effects some brilliant runouts.
coming back to the point, we desis donot react well to honest feedback - this is the fact.

Yaar, lets face it, we from the SC are a very emotional lot and canot take criticism. Mark Waugh was correct in critising VK for dropping slip catches, wrong slip catching technique and all that....and he faced a farrrago of criticism because he happened to criticise kohli. MW knows what he is talking about. for me at least, he was the complete slipsman. He took most difficult catches two handed and made it look ridiculously easy, he said in one interivew he read the ball off the pitch.
VK averages one dropped catch per match but somehow he always makes it up with his fielding brilliance and he also takes some blinder catches as well as effects some brilliant runouts.
coming back to the point, we desis donot react well to honest feedback - this is the fact.

Is that why Waugh was removed?

I'd much rather have commentators like Doull voicing their opinions, offering constructive criticism, than the sitting on the fence, scared to criticise commentators we are seeing too often these days.

haha love it, but to be fair, Babar only accelerated at the end

Back