[VIDEO] "Pakistan cricket is in my blood and I crave it": Mickey Arthur

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Mickey Arthur chats to Saj about why he’s returned to Pakistan cricket, provides details of his role, the direction he wants to take Pakistan cricket, the brand of cricket he wants Pakistan to play, responds to criticism of his appointment, the lessons of the previous time he worked for the PCB and more.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/433HY0LUOEY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

It actually seems like Mickey is in Pakistan cricket's blood and he is the one that is craved. That's what is indicated by the desperateness shown by PCB to give him any sort of post.

Mickey has a lot of love for Pakistan cricket probably based upon his relationships with Pakistan cricketers. That's not a bad thing. Better to have someone so invested in Pak cricket than someone who just looks at it as just another job.

"I take everything Rameez says with a pinch of salt"

Loved that quote. No need to take any nonsense from a failed ex-chairman.

Mickey Arthur chats to Saj about why he’s returned to Pakistan cricket, provides details of his role, the direction he wants to take Pakistan cricket, the brand of cricket he wants Pakistan to play, responds to criticism of his appointment, the lessons of the previous time he worked for the PCB and more.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/433HY0LUOEY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

It seems incomplete.. Are there other parts as well?

I am cautiously optimistic for his tenure.

His passion is infectious. I hope that he is able to motivate the players and get some to come out of their shells.

Good interview!

Is this why you refused to leave Derbyshire and rejoin Pakistan as head coach? Pakistan cricket is in your blood and you crave it but clearly, you don’t want to be part of the dressing room and be physically present with the team.

His appointment as a remote director while he continues to serve Derbyshire as head coach is a completely nonsense arrangement.

Is this why you refused to leave Derbyshire and rejoin Pakistan as head coach? Pakistan cricket is in your blood and you crave it but clearly, you don’t want to be part of the dressing room and be physically present with the team.

His appointment as a remote director while he continues to serve Derbyshire as head coach is a completely nonsense arrangement.

You can't blame him especially given the manner in which he was let go in 2019. He was promised a fresh contract on numerous occasions by Ehsan Mani, Wasim Khan and the PCB Cricket Committee and at the last minute he was told that the order came from the government that he will not be retained. He has a very good stable contract with Derbyshire till 2025 and given the political turmoil in Pakistan and his past experiences, you cannot blame him for being more careful this time.

I think anyone who is offered this contract would gladly accept. If you are unhappy about it, you should blame Najam Sethi who offered this nonsense agreement to Mickey.

But Najam Sethi is your favorite and you won't blame him for this arrangement is my guess

PCB knew that Mickey was in the middle of a contract with Derbyshire and it would cost a lot of money to buy him out of that contract.

The ball was in the PCB's court and they opted to settle for this option.

Can't really blame Mickey, as he's got the best deal for himself, as most would have tried to do.

You can't blame him especially given the manner in which he was let go in 2019. He was promised a fresh contract on numerous occasions by Ehsan Mani, Wasim Khan and the PCB Cricket Committee and at the last minute he was told that the order came from the government that he will not be retained. He has a very good stable contract with Derbyshire till 2025 and given the political turmoil in Pakistan and his past experiences, you cannot blame him for being more careful this time.

I don’t blame him. You would be a fool to say no to what is basically bonus money.

This a zero risk decision for Mickey because even if his contract with PCB is terminated, he will still have his Derbyshire job. He has nothing to worry about.

However, he should have enough respect for the fans to not come up with such sound bites knowing that it is public knowledge that he turned down the offer of becoming the head coach.

It is public knowledge that he gave priority to Derbyshire over Pakistan. That is well and good, it is his choice, but statements like “Pakistan cricket is in my blood” shows that he has zero respect for Pakistani fans and doesn’t shy from insulting their intelligence.

Rashid Latif's comment on Mickey Arthur's disappointment over the brand of cricket Pakistan has been playing for quite a while, especially in the Test format.

TjwmkqO.png

Rashid Latif's comment on Mickey Arthur's disappointment over the brand of cricket Pakistan has been playing for quite a while, especially in the Test format.

TjwmkqO.png
That ODI record is also garbage.

Not happy with how foolish Mickey is making us look right now, and the buffoons at PCB are happy with this arrangement. Not even Associates get treated like this and Mickey has managed to make an absolute mockery of this head coach appointment.

If Pakistan cricket really is in his blood, he should take the reigns as head coach immediately rather than sit pretty at Derbyshire and managing an international team through video calls :facepalm:

That ODI record is also garbage.

Not happy with how foolish Mickey is making us look right now, and the buffoons at PCB are happy with this arrangement. Not even Associates get treated like this and Mickey has managed to make an absolute mockery of this head coach appointment.

If Pakistan cricket really is in his blood, he should take the reigns as head coach immediately rather than sit pretty at Derbyshire and managing an international team through video calls :facepalm:

And come the next general election, there'll be another change in government and further upheaval in the PCB with a new chairman who'll bring in his own people.

I do not blame Mickey for hedging his bets with the unprofessional clown show that is Pakistan.

TjwmkqO.png

Rashid Latif is always full of opinions but he's been offered PCB positions on many occasions and has always retreated to comfort of TV studios and YouTube channels.

I guess it's easier talking a big game.

And come the next general election, there'll be another change in government and further upheaval in the PCB with a new chairman who'll bring in his own people.

I do not blame Mickey for hedging his bets with the unprofessional clown show that is Pakistan.
Then he should just keep quiet and do what he thinks is right rather than come up with these nonsense statements about Pakistan cricket being in his blood.

Mickey talks a big game but it remains to be seen if he actually learned anything from his previous spell.

If PCB is unprofessional from top to bottom , If Misbah can sit down and sack him even tho CEO and Chairman offered extension, what more you expect him to do..

he has a settled job in Derbyshire..

Mohammad Amir on Mickey Arthur

"Mickey knows how to provide role clarity to players. His communications with players is really good"

“Let me tell you, in the coming days, when Mickey will be fully involved with the team, the body language of players will change completely. The same players will look different to you. I have played under Mickey for three years so I know how he works. There will be a significant change in the body language of same players that are playing for Pakistan right now"

TjwmkqO.png

I'm extremely surprised with the ODI record under Mickey. I thought we did well under Mickey in ODIs I wasn't aware we actually lost more matches than won in ODIs under him.

All I remember is winning the CT under him, and a pretty decent performance in the WC 2019 as well.

Mickey has a lot to do, was not convinced by his previous reign.

Got the role he wants

Got the players he wants.

Got the selectors he wants.

Got the coaches he wants.

Over to you now Mickey.

I admire his passion
- his straight thinking
- his no nonsense approach
- his ability to make a player play better than what he is capable off (which is what managers should be doing in corporate life)
- he has ideas, ability to think out of the box
- he is no body's yes man
- he has a vision.

i wish he was our coach and Rahul D went back to coaching the U-19's.
I wish.

Derbyshire loses again in the T20 Blast - not great going for Mickey at the moment.

We made a big mistake by replacing him by pathetic Misbah! He is the soul.

If Derby have any self respect, they should fire Mickey.

He can’t be at two places at one time mentally.

There’s a clear conflict of interest.

Had the pleasure of meeting Mickey yesterday.

He was full of praise for Zaman Khan and his efforts so far at Derbyshire.

He also said that he feels that Haider has improved his defensive play as previously his defence was weak. They've been working hard with him on this aspect of his batting.

Regarding the role at PCB, he simply said let's see and hopes that he will still be retained the role when the PCB Chairman changes.

Under Mickey Arthur's various tenures we've reached #1 ranking in Tests, ODIs and T20s.

In fairness, the Test team was largely Misbah's baby, but Mickey still had to oversee that England series in 2016 which most thought we'd lose.

In ODIs, the bulk of this team debuted under Mickey. The top-order of Fakhar, Imam and Babar was created by him which his successors benefited from. Remember when Mickey inherited the ODI team in 2016 - it was ranked 9th.

In T20s, we had a good spell under him and Sarfraz.

Meanwhile under the previous two coaches Misbah and Saqlain - players were allowed to coast in comfort zones and statpad (whereas we saw a concerted effort to play attacking cricket in the SL Tests) and there was a lack of forward planning which was summed up by Saqi's infamous "qudrat ka nizam" quote.

Has he always got his decisions right ? No. Can he sometimes fail to control his emotions ? Yes. However for Pakistan's limited budget and limited appeal (please don't kid yourself thinking we can attract Stephen Fleming/Mahela Jayawardene type coaches) he's the best bet we have.

The role that Mickey Arthur played in shaping the Pakistan team is truly commendable.

Pakistan has consistently achieved successes under Micky Arthur's coaching.

Yea. Corruption runs in Mickey’s blood. That’s why he’s not dropping Babar.

To be honest, Pakistan had found success under Mickey's coaching in his last stint because players were performing then but this time round, none of the players is supporting Babar and Mickey. Look at all the players around Babar, extra pressure has affected the performances of Babar in recent times. He needs to give away his captaincy and just focus on his batting,

Never been a fan of Mickey's coaching. He is just a yes man who puts on the mask of a patriot to appease the media and fans

Mickey should focus on tactics and players. Instead of trotting out lines like Dil Dil Pakistan

What an absolute disaster his comeback has been. Pakistan’s fielding after rixon has just gone to the dumps. Bradburn is a fraud coach. Mickey is an absolute clown himself. Pakistan’s playing style or approach has not changed even a single inch after his appointment. The guy is just collecting his pay cheque. Ripping the hell off us. Need to be booted out after the world cup - whole coaching staff.

If playing to the gallery was a competition , Mickey would have been the undefeated multiple world champion.

The fact Mickey has a second option in Derbyshire leads me to believe he is not as invested in the Pakistani team unlike his first tenure.

He sent back Umar Akmal from the Champions Trophy in 2017 due to lack of fitness whereas he is very happy having a fat out of shape Imam ul Haq in the team.

Ramiz Raja's Hilarious Reply To Sanjay Manjrekar's Question On Live TV:

Sanjay Manjrekar:"Aapko lagta hain Mickey Arthur vo kar sakte hain jo Imran Khan ne 92 mein kiya tha (Can Mickey Arthur repeat what Imran Khan did in 1992)? "

Ramiz Raja:"Main thoda has lu, allowed hain (Can I laugh on this please? Is it allowed)?"

Mickey Arthur was a huge fan of Imad Wasim, and he called time on his international cricket today.

Whats Mickey Arthur, Grant Bradburn, Andrew Puttick's status? Have they accepted the demotion to work at the NCA and agreed to work with our junior cricketers?

They don't have interest in Pakistan Cricket development. All they need is a job.

Bring back Micky Arthur, we are getting obsolete in international cricket,

Back