[VIDEO] Sarfaraz Ahmed - Support Thread

Bewal Express

Test Star
Runs
The overwhelming majority on the forum are suppporting Adnan but realistically there is no difference between the two. Adnan is the better WK and stats show that Sarfraz is the better batsman(at least at the FC level) but like Adnan he has looked out of his depth with the bat at the international level. Now that he is guaranteed at least 3 tests, i hope he goes on to show that he is a good batsman and top WK. Come on Sarfraz lets see the promise fulfilled.

Last edited:
all the best to him, he will certainly need it in front of wicket in SA conditions.

he didn't always pick Ajmal in the ODIs, that's a bit of a concern.

sarfraz has no support .. he is allready under pressure as captain doesnt want him . plus he seems to b nervous character but i hope he does well

i dont care it is Adnan or Sarfarz or Rizwan
Thay all are Tail under batsman,s

Last edited:
From what i have seen of them bat both Adnan and Sarfraz bat like a number 9 or 10 but i cant believe that a guy that averages 42 in FC cricket is not better than what he has shown at the International level. I want to see clamness and authority at the crease.

going by his past I think he'll drop at least 6 catches on this tour.

Everyone keeps yapping on about his 1st class record of 40+ so what? pakistan domestic cricket is pretty average standard. Sarfraz is the worst of all pakistans current keeping options, average keeper and tailend like batsmen.

Add to that hes been thrown into a S.A tour away and it pretty much adds up to Iqbal qasims most retarded selection ever!

Adnan is just as bad as Sarfraz at batting. Both a limited tailenders but if a guy has got an average of 42 he must have something(although the FC in Pak is very weak but that doesn`t say much for Adnan with an average of 24).

Adnan is just as bad as Sarfraz at batting. Both a limited tailenders but if a guy has got an average of 42 he must have something(although the FC in Pak is very weak but that doesn`t say much for Adnan with an average of 24).

lol Adnan has played two match winning and match saving innings one against top Eng attack and one against SL where he frighted with broken finger..no way their batting is same.

Poor selection. How can people call Adnan's batting poor? He averages 27 which is decent for a Pakistani wicket keeper.

A Support thread for this guy why what has he ever achieved or done for pakistan.........the guy is not good enough so as a fan you have to grit your teeth and take it and hope he comes good .....which is highly unlikely

Once a player has played international cricket judge him by his international stats only.
FC average has absolutely no meaning here. Adnan has been very solid behind the stumps in tests and has been decent if not brilliant with the bat over the last year or so

55 dismissals in 16 tests and batting average of 27.5 is a pretty decent record
http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/player/39038.html

Last edited:
Well I woul definitely have preferred Adnan. There was no reason to drop him. He was a hard worker and has played a lot of fighting innings.
However now that Sarfraz has been picked, I think we should support him. Maybe is he a better batsman in tests than in LO because he averages 42 in FC cricket compared to a List A average if 30.30

I wish all the best to Sarfaraz. I just do see following issues:

1. False excuse to drop Adnan Akmal, why could not PCB say we just preferred Sarfaraz based on certain criteria.

2. The poor guy (Sarfaraz) would be under huge pressure now. And SA is not easy place to tour. This may unnecessary jeopardize his international career.

3. I am still not comfortable with Sarfaraz chemistry with rest of the team. The wicketkeeper is most important guy in test cricket to keep rest of team alert and awake. Can he be chatty and build good relationship with rest of the team.

I would have picked Adnan for this tour because he has more experience than Sarfaraz at this level but an average of 42 indicates that Sarfaraz is a pretty good test batsman. He looked like a tail-ender in the ODI's because of the pressure of scoring quickly but was not as poor as Adnan in that format.

Keeping wise, I don't think that there is any difference.

Sarfraz doesnt really deserve this hate to be fair. Sure Akmal was the preferred keeper but it's not like Sarfraz Ahmed is a complete 'bhaanja' type selection either

guys like amjid javed who have posted like 100 times on the same tone, should better keep shut till the series is over, because if you are on losing side, of what you supported(either sarfraz ahmed good performance, or adnan akmal's dismal performance) then your credibility will quickly go down

Adnan would have been an automatic choice but since he's un-available , I'd say Sarfraz is the right choice .

He is actually a decent keeper , although nervous most of the times but can be quite gutsy too as he showed in the recent Asia cup final .

I wish him Best of Luck for this tour . Hopefully he'll come to our aid when we need it most :) .

What do you think about Sarfraz from what little you have seen?

He is an okay keeper. Not great. But better than legend :kami. Maybe a few rungs less than Adnan. In batting, I only saw him in Asia Cup 2012 and he impressed me with his fighting ability. His knock was integral to Pakistan getting the title. For whatever reason, they dropped him afterwards. He has played just 1 test. So cannot judge him on that even if he had scored a century or a king pair.

I wish him luck. He could turn out to be the dark horse.

Last edited:
Sarfraz is getting bashed for nothing ... :sahmed adnan is dropped as if sarfraz dropped him
thats selectors who did it .. plus sarfraz isnt a sufarshi selection .. he has performed in domestic regularly so stop hating this poor guy ..

There's been one clear non-merit selection in this squad, and Sarfraz is not it. Poor guy's been toiling in the domestic for years now.

Adnan was nice, but it's not like we've dropped Gilchrist or Sangakarra. He was just ok. Yes, he had some fighting ability; but replacing him with Sarfraz is not the crisis everyone is making it out to be.

why are people judging his test creditienals by LOIs, it ridiculous that he has been getting bashed for no reason. I am sad with Amjid Javed comment, who I thought he knew about cricket. He is not big hitter of the ball, and the position he has given at 7 or 8 has been absolute shamble, it like Dravid(I am not comparing) to play role of finisher in last 45 to 50 overs.

When he had a chance to play a proper innings, he did it in Asia cup Final.

Give him a chance in test cricket, wait and see why he averages 42 in FC cricket.

Last edited:
Adnan was no gilchrist, who we are moaning about, get over with it.

We replaced a 6/10 by a 5/10. Move on.

Now, since Ahmed is more the accumulator type, I feel we should have a versatile player at 6. Nasir Jamshed (in a free flower role) or Haris Sohail are my choices.

Time for Srafraz Ahmed to silent his critics

I really hope he does well, so his haters could find peace. He doing a fantastic job right now in the practise match(better than our middle order batsmen), and I am pretty sure Adnan wouldn't have been able to play survive more than 10 deliveries with hack like technique(that only works in Asia and averages 20 odd in FC)

All hail Srafraz, our No 1 keeper. After so much good work in FC, he definitely deserved the chance, we must give this credit to Iqbal Qasim for picking the right man.

I think Sarfaraz is a better wicketkeeper-batsman than Adnan.He is hailed as the best in Pakistan by ex keepers. Adnan Akmal has not played enough domestic cricket this season which has proved his downfall.

Plus he won us a U19 World Cup as a captain... can easily take over after :misbah

Adnan Akmal is overrated. All the Akmals have had great starts to their career but have peted out.

I really hope he does well, so his haters could find peace. He doing a fantastic job right now in the practise match(better than our middle order batsmen), and I am pretty sure Adnan wouldn't have been able to play survive more than 10 deliveries with hack like technique(that only works in Asia and averages 20 odd in FC)

All hail Srafraz, our No 1 keeper. After so much good work in FC, he definitely deserved the chance, we must give this credit to Iqbal Qasim for picking the right man.

10 of 24 balls. :facepalm:

Stop acting like a cheer leader. Let him perform first.

Sarfraz badly needs injections of bravery to turn him into a tiger from a ***** cat.

Hater gonna hate but he is will show his real talent in real cricket

Just wait and watch, he will be a champion of a keeper

How Can You Compare Adnan Akmal Who Played Few Test Matches With Sarfaraz Ahmed Who Has Played None?

Give The Guy A Chance!!!

Then Compare

And If You Go By First Class Stats Then Sarfaraz Ahmed Is Better

Hater gonna hate but he is will show his real talent in real cricket

Just wait and watch, he will be a champion of a keeper

^ yes, i hope he does inshallah. But until then please keep your pom poms in the bag.

and lol...if i am not drooling over 10* of 34 I am a hater :facepalm:

Once a player has played international cricket judge him by his international stats only.
FC average has absolutely no meaning here.Adnan has been very solid behind the stumps in tests and has been decent if not brilliant with the bat over the last year or so

55 dismissals in 16 tests and batting average of 27.5 is a pretty decent record
http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/player/39038.html

Even Mushfiqur Rahim of Bangladesh Has Better Average Than This :)))

Last edited:
What the *****ing wrong is with People here.

Every team needs two wicket keepers in the squad and test keepers so that they can form an opinion on who to keep for the first team and who to keep as a reserve. Sarfraz has not been given a lot of opportunities in the longer version of the game and forming any opinion on his batting for the longer version will be too early.

It is not as if Adnan is Gilchrist and we can never find a better keeper than him

For some reason i have lot of confidence in sarfaraz ability as a batsman, i think he will do well against the best bowling linuep in tough condition. He should be given confidence and should get a full chance before being dropped.

Can't change anything now, can we? There's no doubt Adnan was hard done by the selectors.
Best of luck to Sarfraz. Rivalry is healthy and brings out the best in wicketkeepers. :kami

Is that what you think or is that what you want? It's pathetic how people want players of their own team to fail cause of their personal bias.

Sarfraz Ahmed is totaly rubbish!! He cant keep, he cant bat!! I have no idea why he is in the side!!

People who criticize sarfaraz for his batting at international level should open their eyes and see how fee chances he has had at this level. Compare this to umar akmal who has been failing constantly with all the chances given to him for years on the basis of his so called talent.

Decent keeper who was touted for big things, however has not proven himself at the very top level yet. This tour will be a litmus test make or break for him.

I support him. He deserved a proper chance in test matches as he was dropped just after 1 test. As a batsman i think he hasnt got much oppurtunity at international level. i hope he can impress this time. He should play without fear of getting dropped, he will play in the whole series and if he performs he will shut the mouth of his haters

^ yes, i hope he does inshallah. But until then please keep your pom poms in the bag.

and lol...if i am not drooling over 10* of 34 I am a hater :facepalm:

Might not be a hater..... but you dont look comfortable with that score...!!!

But I think that was some valuable runs at that period....
Atleast he din collapse under pressure like our Middle orders did.. and stayed with Gul for a good partnership of 33* which is the second highest of the innings.

He is not :kami .. His only problem was to keep Saeed :ajmal. he read wrongly against him for quite a few occasions.. //otherwise he is a decent keeper.

I hope for both his and pakistans sake he performs well both behind and infront of the stumps, so far so good

well done. I admit i am against his selection , but now he is selected we should wish him the best, because Pakistan need a good keeper batsman. Also i feel sorry for him because its clear captain and coach didn't want him, he has a lot to prove and hopefully he can use that.

I am not too surprised. His 42 FC avg suggests he may be a better test bat. That being said though, I was initially disappointed at him being picked ahead of Adnan at first since he wasnt performing badly but his selection may not be such a bad thing after all

I am not too surprised. His 42 FC avg suggests he may be a better test bat. That being said though, I was initially disappointed at him being picked ahead of Adnanat first since he wasnt performing badly but his selection may not be such a bad thing after all

But You should have remembered one thing........

Who has won for us the 2012 Asia Cup..????? :sahmed

Last edited:
Well played young man! Hopefully you can carry this form in to the Test matches.

Ajmal and co need to be patient with Sarfraz as he has struggeld to pick Ajmal while keeping. He is young and the more he keeps to Ajmal the better he will become.

IT is too early to say but if Sarfraz can bat like this or maintain his FC average of 42. in Test matches then in the future we can play 5 bowlers as well................ans that will be devastating...........

good performance, to those haters who judged his batting capability in test cricket on ODI performances

Let's see how he does in tests. Its normal practice in Pakistan to over hype even below average talents. :umarakmal :ahmed :azhar

Last edited:
Back