[VIDEO] Why Usman Khan would be better off playing for the UAE instead of Pakistan?

Was it the right decision for Usman Khan to give up his UAE contract and play for Pakistan?

• Total voters
Usman Khan, during his interaction with the media, highlighted his early cricket struggles and his plans for upcoming assignments:

"I thank Allah for the opportunity to represent Pakistan. There is no pressure; this is an international career, so naturally, there are thoughts in my head. However, we played according to the plans of our coaches, captain, and team."

"Yes, obviously, coming from a small village where there wasn't much cricket, I faced struggles at certain stages. Many people, both from Karachi and Sheikhpura, supported me."

"So far, I've focused more on practicing bouncer, cut, and pull shots. Since we're going to Ireland and England, where the pitches are excellent for batting, and rarely does seam bowling occur, I'll adapt my game accordingly. T20 wickets are mostly batting-friendly."

"Most of the cricket I've played has been in league cricket, which improved my performance. Now, getting the chance to play for Pakistan, I'm giving my best to solidify my position in the team. I'll put in my full effort and perform in the upcoming T20I World Cup, hoping we'll return victorious."

Last edited:
England does indeed produce batting paradises for limited-over cricket, but it's still early in the season, and the pitches might not be as batting-friendly. I believe Usman Khan might struggle in these conditions. Whose idea was it anyway to play in Ireland and England when the tournament is in the Caribbean and the US? The pitches and conditions will be vastly different. It's not wise to play against such a strong team before a World Cup; losing could be detrimental to the team's morale and players' confidence.

Usman Khan, during his interaction with the media, highlighted his early cricket struggles and his plans for upcoming assignments:

"I thank Allah for the opportunity to represent Pakistan. There is no pressure; this is an international career, so naturally, there are thoughts in my head. However, we played according to the plans of our coaches, captain, and team."

"Yes, obviously, coming from a small village where there wasn't much cricket, I faced struggles at certain stages. Many people, both from Karachi and Sheikhpura, supported me."

"So far, I've focused more on practicing bouncer, cut, and pull shots. Since we're going to Ireland and England, where the pitches are excellent for batting, and rarely does seam bowling occur, I'll adapt my game accordingly. T20 wickets are mostly batting-friendly."

"Most of the cricket I've played has been in league cricket, which improved my performance. Now, getting the chance to play for Pakistan, I'm giving my best to solidify my position in the team. I'll put in my full effort and perform in the upcoming T20I World Cup, hoping we'll return victorious."
This lad has the correct mindset.

Inshallah he works on his shirt comings and becomes a superstar for Pakistan.

If we want to improve Pakistan cricket, we must start with the mindset first and then progress onwards.

In the team footage I'm seeing Fakhar and Usman train and practice their shots together. This can be very positive of Usman's mindset development. He's eager to learn.

Better to adopt the elements of a winning mindset from Fakhar than lets say Babar.

I think just give him the Ireland-England series. If he still doesn't perform then please don't add him to the World Cup squad because we would just be wasting a batting resource nothing more than that.

Back