[VIDEO] Why Usman Khan would be better off playing for the UAE instead of Pakistan?

Was it the right decision for Usman Khan to give up his UAE contract and play for Pakistan?

• Total voters

Asad T

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
In this short video, I make the argument that Usman Khan would be better off playing for the UAE instead of Pakistan.

Usman already has a good thing going being the UAE and he should capitalise on it. He left Pakistan for the UAE in the first place because there is no meritocracy in Pakistan cricket and our board does not have the ability to nurture talent. Why does he think things will be different this time?

Yes, he has more perks if he plays for UAE, but for the ICC T20I World Cup 2024, Pakistan needs him.

But your point is valid that there is a lot of competition for the middle order, and he may be discarded soon if he fails to perform.

In this short video, I make the argument that Usman Khan would be better off playing for the UAE instead of Pakistan.

Usman already has a good thing going being the UAE and he should capitalise on it. He left Pakistan for the UAE in the first place because there is no meritocracy in Pakistan cricket and our board does not have the ability to nurture talent. Why does he think things will be different this time?

Great video. Excellent points raised

This is the curse we live in since Imran Khan took over our cricket and appointed all the nonsense that followed.

Misbah’s decision of opening with Babar and Rizwan has left LONG LASTING DAMAGE which is extremely difficult to repair.

Great video. Excellent points raised

This is the curse we live in since Imran Khan took over our cricket and appointed all the nonsense that followed.

Misbah’s decision of opening with Babar and Rizwan has left LONG LASTING DAMAGE which is extremely difficult to repair.

You mean the people who were not corrupt?

No need to bring Imran Khan in this debate. Keep those political bits out.

You mean the people who were not corrupt?

No need to bring Imran Khan in this debate. Keep those political bits out.
What @Asad T has said is absolutely correct, but it is a domino effect which began due to extremely poor decisions. I have made my point, and it’s a point I have been making for 4 years.

The upside if he successfully establishes himself as an A lister in all formats for Pakistan is too great. Who would have thought Misbah would have achieved and earned so much for Pakistan when he had a career revival at the age of 32 for Pakistan in 2007? He was only making Rs 15-20k a month and he had told his wife back then if he didn't establish himself for Pakistan for one more year, he would quit the game. He never looked back since 2009.

The gist of the video is that Usman should not play for Pakistan because there is a lot of competition and if he fails to beat the competition, he might
fall into obscurity.

There will always be competition for places in the national team and there will always be some favoritism and likes & dislikes culture. This applies not just to Pakistan but to every international team.

As a cricket, if you want to play international cricket, you have to accept and work around these risks.

You have to accept the fact that you might not nail your place in the team and it might not always be performance related, but if every cricketer thought like this, no one would want to play international cricket.

However, I do understand that international cricket is not everyone. You need to have courage and guts and the resilience to fight for your place.

Far better players with far better records have had to fight for their place for a lot longer than Usman has but they didn’t look for an easy way out.

If Usman doesn’t have the courage, guts and resilience to fight for his place, he is more than welcome to decline the chance to play for Pakistan.

Pakistan cricket will not die without a T20 journeyman like him.

Yes, he has more perks if he plays for UAE, but for the ICC T20I World Cup 2024, Pakistan needs him.

But your point is valid that there is a lot of competition for the middle order, and he may be discarded soon if he fails to perform.

That's the risk any player takes if he wants to compete for the highest honours. I already said I admire he hasn't took the cushy option and that his ambition to play for Pakistan still burns brightly even at the age of 29. Good for him. After that it's up to him to perform and show that he was worth it. No one can have a guaranteed place in the top order of a leading cricket playing nation.

It could be a win-win situation for Usman. He wasn't playing for the UAE national side and even if he got a chance, he would have played more matches with associate sides. But now if he plays for Pakistan he would have a better scope in international cricket specially in different leagues because Pakistan is 4th Big cricketing nation which can offer him better perks compare to UAE.

I don’t want to spill but he got $$$ from PCB and he is sure shot for Nz series and worldcup , after that it’s all upon his performances.

Having said that he is a great talent and must play atleast 10 games for Pak to gauge his potential for international cricket.

UAE board investigates Usman Khan for alleged breach of contract: report

The Emirates Cricket Board (ECB) is currently investigating whether Usman Khan's declaration of his intention to play for Pakistan violates his contract with the UAE board.

As per a report, the ECB is undertaking a thorough examination of the matter to evaluate potential breaches of the contract not only with the board itself but also with the white-ball leagues in which he has participated in the UAE as a local player, including the ILT20 and the T10.

The outcome of this review will be concluded within the next fortnight and it could have significant consequences for Usman.

It is likely that he may face a prohibition from participating in league cricket in the UAE.

If a breach of contract is determined, it is also likely to affect the validity of the player's work permit, which he has utilised to reside in the UAE and fulfil the residency requirement for eligibility to represent the UAE in international cricket. He still has 14 months remaining before meeting this criterion.

Meanwhile, Usman contends that he has not violated any contract, asserting that his contract includes a termination clause with a 30-day notice period.

The report added he is prepared for whatever penalty the ECB imposes on him and that the prospect of representing Pakistan, particularly after receiving an invitation from the PCB following the PSL, was too appealing to resist.

PCB inquired of Usman whether he maintained a desire to represent Pakistan, to which he affirmed.

This Monday, he was selected to join the Pakistan squad, presently undergoing training alongside the Pakistan military as part of a PCB endeavour to enhance player fitness. He joined the squad on Sunday evening.

Remember, while giving the interview to the same publication a few weeks back, Usman seemed to diminish his prospects of representing Pakistan, emphasising the ease of acquiring NOCs to participate in leagues worldwide as a UAE player and highlighting the benefits of being regarded as a domestic player in the UAE's limited-overs leagues.

SOURCE: https://www.geosuper.tv/amp/34824-u...an-khan-for-alleged-breach-of-contract-report

Last edited by a moderator:
Usman has burned his boats now. He might never be able to represent UAE now and his selection in the Pakistan team is also not guaranteed. He definitely deserves a chance in the Pakistan team but I think he has made a mistake to stay back here. This system forgets players pretty soon.

Usman has burned his boats now. He might never be able to represent UAE now and his selection in the Pakistan team is also not guaranteed. He definitely deserves a chance in the Pakistan team but I think he has made a mistake to stay back here. This system forgets players pretty soon.
You don’t know anything about the backdoor stuff. He is not at loss after all even if he doesn’t get to play for Pak after worldcup.

You don’t know anything about the backdoor stuff. He is not at loss after all even if he doesn’t get to play for Pak after worldcup.
Players in Pakistan fade away too soon and are discarded when they do not live up to the hype. I don't want him to fail because he is in some form and can do good for the team.

The guy is nearly 29 and plays PSL, EL, T10 , GLT20 and BPL.

He is effectively risking his fairly safe 3-4 yrs future earnings of EL & T10 to try and make an international level debut for Pak and maybe use the WT20 as an entry into WIPL.

It's not such an unreasonable thinking and brave of him to try

I agree, Great video.

2/3 high impact or match winning innings for Pak national team and the doors will be opened for him to get BBP or The 100 contract or at least the proteas league.

Usman will definitely find his name among the names selected for the NZ tour IMO. That will be his test to showcase his game on the international stage. Can't wait for the squad announcement.

He can still play BPL, CPL or GLT20 and many other leagues around the world.

Also he will have a chance to represent his country. Which is much better than representing UAE

He can still play BPL, CPL or GLT20 and many other leagues around the world.

Also he will have a chance to represent his country. Which is much better than representing UAE
No, if you watch the video you'd understand that PCB is extremely picky on their players playing leagues, they literally stranded Muhammad haris in Bangladesh lol.

Secondly pcb does not know how to develop teams. They drop youngsters like flies because they expect a newbie to instantly perform in the stage which is just unrealistic. Dhoni, Sachin etc failed their first few games as well since the gap between domestic and international I'd very high, it takes time to adjust.

If usman Khan fails which he'll probably will for a while, PCB will not give him leeway and put trust in him to improve which he's easily capable of doing, they will drop him instantly.

In UAE however, Usman can play leagues all around the world, he'll also be the superstar of his national team even if that team is a minnow. He'll easily be their star batsmen.

Also lastly this is a side note, but mark my words in the next 10-15 years, UAE will become a proper test nation and probably amongst the top strongest teams in the world, UAE has one of the worlds best infrancture, a Trillion dollar economy and amazing facilities as well as being a melting pot.

The country has already started taking initiative on developing a proper board and eventually developing a proper team. The amount of money, and infrastructure they have, they'll be top class, especially if Afghanistan a poor country with limited infrastructure is capable of thrashing Pakistan now.

No, if you watch the video you'd understand that PCB is extremely picky on their players playing leagues, they literally stranded Muhammad haris in Bangladesh lol.

Secondly pcb does not know how to develop teams. They drop youngsters like flies because they expect a newbie to instantly perform in the stage which is just unrealistic. Dhoni, Sachin etc failed their first few games as well since the gap between domestic and international I'd very high, it takes time to adjust.

If usman Khan fails which he'll probably will for a while, PCB will not give him leeway and put trust in him to improve which he's easily capable of doing, they will drop him instantly.

In UAE however, Usman can play leagues all around the world, he'll also be the superstar of his national team even if that team is a minnow. He'll easily be their star batsmen.

Also lastly this is a side note, but mark my words in the next 10-15 years, UAE will become a proper test nation and probably amongst the top strongest teams in the world, UAE has one of the worlds best infrancture, a Trillion dollar economy and amazing facilities as well as being a melting pot.

The country has already started taking initiative on developing a proper board and eventually developing a proper team. The amount of money, and infrastructure they have, they'll be top class, especially if Afghanistan a poor country with limited infrastructure is capable of thrashing Pakistan now.

I'm sorry but while that all might be fine and dandy, but why would any of us care about the future of UAE cricket other than a passing interest? I'm assuming most on here are Pakistan fans and the primary concern is Pakistan success in the near future.

I'm sorry but while that all might be fine and dandy, but why would any of us care about the future of UAE cricket other than a passing interest? I'm assuming most on here are Pakistan fans and the primary concern is Pakistan success in the near future.
That's the issue.

Usman Khan if he performs and becomes a superstar for Pakistan then good for us and the nation.

If he doesn't performs fans like you will be the first ones to ask pcb to boot him and fade him away into obscurity, while it benefits you, it doesn't benefit usman Khan in the slightest.

If UK goes to uae, then he'll never be booted out, as theirs not really any expectation to perform in a minnow side, on top of that he can play in every league in the world without any worry and will get paid.

Your selfish benefits doesn't mean that UK should sacrifice his own future, he has alot of competition to face.

Babar, Rizwan, Saim at the top makes it difficult for him to stand put.

That's the issue.

Usman Khan if he performs and becomes a superstar for Pakistan then good for us and the nation.

If he doesn't performs fans like you will be the first ones to ask pcb to boot him and fade him away into obscurity, while it benefits you, it doesn't benefit usman Khan in the slightest.

If UK goes to uae, then he'll never be booted out, as theirs not really any expectation to perform in a minnow side, on top of that he can play in every league in the world without any worry and will get paid.

Your selfish benefits doesn't mean that UK should sacrifice his own future, he has alot of competition to face.

Babar, Rizwan, Saim at the top makes it difficult for him to stand put.

I like Saim a lot as a cricketer but he is still very raw and his performances at international level are maybe one in four success rate at the moment. Usman Khan is ready now. If he wants to take the cushy road playing for UAE that is his right as an individual. If Pakistan fans want him to play for Pakistan that is also their right as Pakistan fans. Why should they care about his UAE ventures?

I like Saim a lot as a cricketer but he is still very raw and his performances at international level are maybe one in four success rate at the moment. Usman Khan is ready now. If he wants to take the cushy road playing for UAE that is his right as an individual. If Pakistan fans want him to play for Pakistan that is also their right as Pakistan fans. Why should they care about his UAE ventures?
Brother we have had many talents who if persisted with could have become atg's for us. But for a player to succeed they need confidence, and time and exposure and experience as well as good management that can identify flaws and iron out, they need to feel apart of the team culture.

Sami aslam was a great example, the man averaged 50+ and had a sr of 100 in domestic, he almost always use to top the leaderboards and was well ahead of Babar azam when they first use to play in the domestic circuit.

Sami when he finally made his debut struck a stylish 49 of 49( I belive) against Bangladesh and we thought he'd be the answer for our opening problems as shehzad and jamshed were beyond hilarious.

But misbah dropped him after one game lol, after that his confidence shattered, something that he went on and interviewed about, his performances in domestic were terrible and when called to the test side he was horrible.

They dropped him again and he left for the USA.

Same thing will happen to usman, he wants to play for UAE because he knows how corrupt the management is.

We don't give players confidence and improve them, we take em away lol.

Brother we have had many talents who if persisted with could have become atg's for us. But for a player to succeed they need confidence, and time and exposure and experience as well as good management that can identify flaws and iron out, they need to feel apart of the team culture.

Sami aslam was a great example, the man averaged 50+ and had a sr of 100 in domestic, he almost always use to top the leaderboards and was well ahead of Babar azam when they first use to play in the domestic circuit.

Sami when he finally made his debut struck a stylish 49 of 49( I belive) against Bangladesh and we thought he'd be the answer for our opening problems as shehzad and jamshed were beyond hilarious.

But misbah dropped him after one game lol, after that his confidence shattered, something that he went on and interviewed about, his performances in domestic were terrible and when called to the test side he was horrible.

Same thing will happen to usman, he wants to play for UAE because he knows how corrupt the management is.

PCB is a terribly run organisation on that I will agree with you. But as a fan I am like the BCCI, I make exceptions for ICC World cup competitions, for those we need to pick the best team to perform at the time, and the preparation should start now. If Usman wants to be part of it then he should be. If he wants to represent UAE for an easy life no problem, that is his right as well. Just move on and pick someone else.

PCB is a terribly run organisation on that I will agree with you. But as a fan I am like the BCCI, I make exceptions for ICC World cup competitions, for those we need to pick the best team to perform at the time, and the preparation should start now. If Usman wants to be part of it then he should be. If he wants to represent UAE for an easy life no problem, that is his right as well. Just move on and pick someone else.

Apologies if this post is long to read:-

The BCCI is one of the most competent boards out their, 2nd only to Australia when it comes to developing players.

It isn't a coincidence that sehwag, Sachin, yuvi, Harbajan get replaced by talents such as kohli, Gill, rohit, Chinaman etc etc

First of BCCI has literally selected a pool of 30 players, They have an entire string of players ready to replace their legends once they retire.

Secondly they don't abandon their players or treat them harshly or even punish them. Sanju Sampson was extremely upset he xpuldnt make the squad for world cul, but bcci assured him that he'll be fine, kohli and the others even appointed him a proper Coach to iron out his abilities and make him better.

Rohit went from being am average middle order bat to one of the worlds finest openers to ever play the game, Rahul went from failed opener to clutch middle order bat, Dhoni in his first few games failed and was worried he'll be booted out of the team, instead they just reassured him and had Dhoni meet up with his local coach, after ironing out some issues and a few months of work he became their greatest finisher ever and greatest captain.

Bcci knows how to develop players, someone like rohit and Dhoni don't just drop from the sky for them lol.

If saim ayub was playing for BCCI, he'd basically be scoring 200's and be a generational superstar for them, since they'd assign him the perfect coach and in IPL and domestic they'd prepare tough pitches for him and tough bowlers so that he is brought up to international standards, Mainly because they recognise that for a 20 year old he's technically sound and is brave enough to develop unorthodox shots, he'd be eye candy for bcci.

But in Pakistan saim is likely just gonna be an average explosive opener.

Pcb is not bcci, Usman Khan isn't gonna change the game because our board has no clue how to groom players.

This board is so stupid that it doesn't bother to improve someone like fakhar zaman, instead loses confidence in him and shoves him to no 4, even though fakhar has won tournaments, played innings babar can only dream of and is the only player who can hit mighty 150 scores for Pakistan at a very high strike rate.

This board has delusional held babar and the way he plays as the Pakistan way and him being the source of inspiration. Babar wouldn't make it to the Indian 11, same way he went unsold in the 100, No one is interested in a coward batsmen.

Imagine pcb thinking babar is no 1 when dozens and dozens of batsmen outperform him in cups every single time, Warner, Maxwell, Kohli, Quinton etc etc.

Usman Khan is playing under the wrong board.

This isn't bcci, it's pcb, massive difference.

Usman should have gotten something in writing from the PCB because if they ditch him again for some lame reason his career could be ruined.

Usman should have gotten something in writing from the PCB because if they ditch him again for some lame reason his career could be ruined.
I believe behind the scene, he has attained some strong guarantees otherwise can't see a player playing such big a gamble

I reckon PCB can apply that rule on only contracted players.

There's no chance that Usman will get the contract any soon. So he can play any league apart from IPL

The thing is Usman is unlike most people here who have given up and toe the status quo also known as being jobbers. He has a dream, he has the talent. And he is willing to risk all to represent the national flag. Instead of bringing him down by telling him how big of a mistake he is making, i would propose backing him to the max, being his voice so he can ensure he gets a chance and breaks the status quo.

Life is not just all about money, its about pride and Self fulfilment too.

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy has risked everything to play for Pakistan. i guess he deserves respect for that. Good move or not, time will tell but if he is 100% committed to representing Pakistan, he deserves a chance more than anybody else atm. Even if he has to replace riz or azam or haris, he should play ahead of them

It's crazy how much players want to represent Pakistan and I hope Usman succeeds but I don't think this is a wise decision. Staying with UAE is the safer and better financial option.

A few bad games and he will start abuses & criticism from fans, he'll get labelled a hack and get dropped because he will seen as a guy only fit for leagues. I hope that doesn't happen but we have seen it way too often here. Huge respects to Usman for wanting to play for Pakistan again but I wouldn't fault him at all if he just stuck with UAE and in all honestly, he probably should have.

Usman Khan has now reached a level where he can neither move forward nor go behind. So its better for him to leave things to God and stay positive.

It's crazy how much players want to represent Pakistan and I hope Usman succeeds but I don't think this is a wise decision. Staying with UAE is the safer and better financial option.

A few bad games and he will start abuses & criticism from fans, he'll get labelled a hack and get dropped because he will seen as a guy only fit for leagues. I hope that doesn't happen but we have seen it way too often here. Huge respects to Usman for wanting to play for Pakistan again but I wouldn't fault him at all if he just stuck with UAE and in all honestly, he probably should have.

Regardless he shouldn't be playing for UAE.

They should strip UAE of international status until they can field at least 9 passport holders.

The cricket system in Pakistan is very cruel. You are a debutant and failed to make a mark in the first few games, and you are done. All your hype will be buried under the sand. I hope Usman is not one of those guys. He has a good chance and should catch it with both hands.

Do you follow the UAE team? Big loss for your team to be fair.
I don't, but the sheikh don't really care and have completly relaxed all rules for their team.

Usman Khan in uae meant that

A) He could be superstar for his team, he'd be automatic selection and theirs never any pressure on uae team.

B) He could play across any league in the world, PCB literally has such a stronghold. Ex: Muhammad haris.

Him being in Pakistan means he's shot himself in the foot, he has way too much competition and the brain dead board just drops people like flies.

This guy needs our full support because he left lucrative opportunities just to play for Pakistan.

Azhar was the captain. Misbah had retired by then.
In tests, he was unfairly dropped in 2017, for shehzad and masood.

Forget about loyalty to Pakistan , that's nothing in today's ultra-professionalism era, its all about money and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But, even for that matter, Usman is better of playing for Pakistan and his profile will raise only if he plays and performs for a big team like Pakistan . Representing minnow, he will play most if his international matches against other minnows and will play lower tier franchises like PBP and not beyond that .

If he performed in the WC, he will be picked up for Hundreds, BBL and South Africa League and of course for PSL.
And, he can huge following as a Pakistan team player, no such thing as a UAE player.

This guy needs our full support because he left lucrative opportunities just to play for Pakistan.
Lucrative opportunities like what ? he was an unknown players and only made his name due to PSL which he should be thankful to.

PCB actually made the offer to play for Pakistan to Usman Khan during the PSL. He asked for a few days to consider it which is why he flew back to the UAE to speak to the UAE authorities and the UAE authorities told him that he still needed to live another 1.5 years in UAE before he could be considered a local UAE player.

Usman Khan felt it would be a huge risk for him to wait out another 1.5 years living in the UAE and not grabbing the opportunity to play for Pakistan. He is massively backing himself to become a permanent feature for Pakistan atleast in the white ball team and why not, if Misbah can become set for life after representing Pakistan from the age of 32 onwards, why not Usman Khan.

I have never seen usman in any of the kakul training camp videos or images... did he join that camp?

Oh he did? Bro, I swear I got my timelines messed up. Thanks for the info
Yes. You probably mixed up 2014 Asia Cup in Bangladesh with 2015 series in Bangladesh.
Bonus fact. Rizwan, Saad Nasim, Zulfiqar Babar and Sami Aslam made their ODI debuts in that same series.

Yes. You probably mixed up 2014 Asia Cup in Bangladesh with 2015 series in Bangladesh.
Bonus fact. Rizwan, Saad Nasim, Zulfiqar Babar and Sami Aslam made their ODI debuts in that same series.
Haha, yeah I guess I did.

My bad.

Oh he did? Bro, I swear I got my timelines messed up. Thanks for the info
Zulfi and Fawad actually played their last ODI in that series.

I have never seen usman in any of the kakul training camp videos or images... did he join that camp?
The UAE cricket board were apparently coming down hard at him with all sorts of sanctions. It could have persuaded him to back track? Not sure.

The UAE cricket board were apparently coming down hard at him with all sorts of sanctions. It could have persuaded him to back track? Not sure.
Nope, he has not back tracked. Usman is there at kakul camp. Have seen his pics running and all. Not many pics out there for him but he is there and he is going to play the next series IMO.

Nothing beats playing for your nation in international cricket. I believe he’s going to be banned from taking part in the UAE league, which has been the most lucrative for him, but there’s still plenty of other leagues to play and with his performances he’s ensured a spot in PSL for quite a long time.

Nothing beats playing for your nation in international cricket. I believe he’s going to be banned from taking part in the UAE league, which has been the most lucrative for him, but there’s still plenty of other leagues to play and with his performances he’s ensured a spot in PSL for quite a long time.
I hope he does not fade away quickly and should be given a proper chance before he can be judged. The upcoming series will be a good chance for him to prove his metal and make way into the world cup squad.

I hope he does not fade away quickly and should be given a proper chance before he can be judged. The upcoming series will be a good chance for him to prove his metal and make way into the world cup squad.

I think a lot of it is going to depend on how he gets on with Babar and if he can adapt to coming in at #4.

I think a lot of it is going to depend on how he gets on with Babar and if he can adapt to coming in at #4.
I think he is well-suited for that number. We have seen in PSL that he can play down the order. if he is not opening. Probably the only open slot right now is number 4 so Usman should be eyeing that spot and make it his own when he gets a chance.

I think he is well-suited for that number. We have seen in PSL that he can play down the order. if he is not opening. Probably the only open slot right now is number 4 so Usman should be eyeing that spot and make it his own when he gets a chance.

Yes agree. He should seize the opportunity from Fakhar. If he performs he could be our answer for the T20 middle order.

Yes agree. He should seize the opportunity from Fakhar. If he performs he could be our answer for the T20 middle order.
Yeah, man. We have no middle order atm. We really need a solid batter who can up his gear anytime needed. Usman could be the answer.

Why this logic (PCB treating highly talented players unfairly) in the OP should not be applied to all talented players such as Haris, Saim, etc and ask/suggest them to move to other countries where any other cricket board will treat them better than PCB?

Point is that if Usman Khan is treated unfairly then he won't be the last one to be treated unfairly. PCB has destroyed many careers in the past. Did Haris decide to leave Pakistan because PCB refused NOC for him to play in BPL? If all other young and talented players are taking a risk on being dropped unfairly by staying in Pakistan then why Usman Khan shouldn't?

Players (or any entertainer) perform for fame/recognition in addtion to wealth. Yes, there is a risk involved in playing for pakistan but imagine the recognition and wealth if he succeeds. How many people knew him before he performed in PSL? In comparison .... if he plays for UAE and shines, he will alway be called ... "Andhun mei kana raja". Now, if was picked by a full member (like Imran Tahir for South Africa), I would have asked him to leave instantly.

Why this logic (PCB treating highly talented players unfairly) in the OP should not be applied to all talented players such as Haris, Saim, etc and ask/suggest them to move to other countries where any other cricket board will treat them better than PCB?

Point is that if Usman Khan is treated unfairly then he won't be the last one to be treated unfairly. PCB has destroyed many careers in the past. Did Haris decide to leave Pakistan because PCB refused NOC for him to play in BPL? If all other young and talented players are taking a risk on being dropped unfairly by staying in Pakistan then why Usman Khan shouldn't?

Players (or any entertainer) perform for fame/recognition in addtion to wealth. Yes, there is a risk involved in playing for pakistan but imagine the recognition and wealth if he succeeds. How many people knew him before he performed in PSL? In comparison .... if he plays for UAE and shines, he will alway be called ... "Andhun mei kana raja". Now, if was picked by a full member (like Imran Tahir for South Africa), I would have asked him to leave instantly.
Oh hey bro, been a while. I'll be looking forward to beating you in June in the fantasy league, had a great time back then.

I think Fakhar Will most likely bat in that position.

No best suited position for Usman to bat is number 4.. iftikhar only plays a role of a finisher so number 5 or 6 is the ideal position for him to bat.
He hasn't batted at 4 for his psl side how can that be best suited for him ?

He hasn't batted at 4 for his psl side how can that be best suited for him ?
no other position available for him.. do u think rizwan or babar will allow him on the number on which they usually bat.. only last option left is saim ayub and u know removing saim from opening slot would be a blunder.

no other position available for him.. do u think rizwan or babar will allow him on the number on which they usually bat.. only last option left is saim ayub and u know removing saim from opening slot would be a blunder.
Number 5 is still open.

Number 5 is still open.

Yes the only position where he can bat is nuber 5. But honestly speaking he might not be picked for the World Cup squad, if he does so he might end up sitting on the bench for almost all the games unless someone from the top order gets injured.

Anyone that thinks representing the UAE opens up any lucrative opportunities needs to check the reality. None of the current UAE players is really playing in any of the major T20 leagues. The best they can hope for ILT20 or T10 with potentially the PSL but then competing with potentially bigger names for the limited overseas positions. Whereas even those who have struggled internationally for Pakistan have managed to win contracts to play in the bigger competitions like Haider Ali. It makes more sense to try and get Pakistan caps which can then boost your reputation then be considered an associate level player.

Anyone that thinks representing the UAE opens up any lucrative opportunities needs to check the reality. None of the current UAE players is really playing in any of the major T20 leagues. The best they can hope for ILT20 or T10 with potentially the PSL but then competing with potentially bigger names for the limited overseas positions. Whereas even those who have struggled internationally for Pakistan have managed to win contracts to play in the bigger competitions like Haider Ali. It makes more sense to try and get Pakistan caps which can then boost your reputation then be considered an associate level player.
Theirs a difference, UAE doesn't hold any restrictions on leagues unlike pakistan's treatment to haris where its clear pcb wants a stronghold on the team.

Usman Khan has established himself as a lucrative franchise player so they'll want him to play franchise around the world.

Uae doesn't have a board so most uae players aren't interested in leagues but UK going to UAE means he'll be their star, is UK can outperform rizwan in t20 leagues, he'll crush his competition in UAE and be their breakout star, the competition is extremely low for him to be their superstar.

Theirs a difference, UAE doesn't hold any restrictions on leagues unlike pakistan's treatment to haris where its clear pcb wants a stronghold on the team.

Usman Khan has established himself as a lucrative franchise player so they'll want him to play franchise around the world.

Uae doesn't have a board so most uae players aren't interested in leagues but UK going to UAE means he'll be their star, is UK can outperform rizwan in t20 leagues, he'll crush his competition in UAE and be their breakout star, the competition is extremely low for him to be their superstar.
Regardless of how big a star he becomes for UAE he would always carry the tag of an associate level player and there is no precedent of associate level players being selected regularly for the bigger competitions. Even for the PSL he would be competing as an overseas player, so an average season could see him dropped for a bigger name.

Also I wouldn't say Usman Khan has established himself as a lucrative franchise player yet since he's not been selected for any of the bigger leagues yet other than the PSL and to a lesser extent the BPL. If teams in the Hundred or BBL were looking at him, then maybe but it's tough for UAE players to get selected for these leagues because they struggle to shed their reputations as associate level players.

If Usman manages to perform for Pakistan in the upcoming series then all speculation of him being another league bully will die and then he will be having a good run with the squad. Potentially number 4 in case Fakhar misses out else number 5 but I don't think that number 5 will suit him much. He should be number 3 or 4.

Back