[VIDEO] Why Usman Khan would be better off playing for the UAE instead of Pakistan?

Was it the right decision for Usman Khan to give up his UAE contract and play for Pakistan?

• Total voters
He's been getting outperformed by shadab get over yourself.

This is the same I promise imam ul haq will come good nonsense.
Outperformed by Shadab? When did that happen? Shadab hasn’t had 10% the career Babar has had.

Imam along with Fakhar has been Pakistan’s best opener post Saeed Anwar.

Outperformed by Shadab? When did that happen? Shadab hasn’t had 10% the career Babar has had.

Imam along with Fakhar has been Pakistan’s best opener post Saeed Anwar.
I said been getting, aka current, not past tense, aka referring to this series only.

I said been getting, aka current, not past tense, aka referring to this series only.
I’m not interested in this series. As I have said before, I will not follow, let alone watch, Pakistan cricket series as long as Amir and Imad are part of the squad.

I’m not interested in this series. As I have said before, I will not follow, let alone watch, Pakistan cricket series as long as Amir and Imad are part of the squad.
They weren't part of the game. Regardless I remember what you claimed and you were proven wrong for the millionth time.

You watching or not watching is irrelevant to me and doesn't invalidate you being wrong.

Regardless if you not watching means I get to see less and less of you, I'm all for it.

This opening excuse is nonsense.

Babar would frequently bat at 5 early in his ODI career and he would still perform. He didn’t use the excuse that he is not comfortable batting outside the top 3.

Usman is responsible for his failure in the first two matches. Not Babar, not the coach, not his batting position.

It is up to him to turn the corner in the remaining games and I hope he does because he can be a valuable asset for Pakistan in this format but you have to grab your chances before the train passes.

A lot of potentially good players wasted their careers because they didn’t perform at the right time.

I hope that Usman doesn’t have the loser mindset that his fans do, who are already making excuses by blaming his batting position.

Usman will never succeed if he starts thinking about these excuses again.

They weren't part of the game. Regardless I remember what you claimed and you were proven wrong for the millionth time.

You watching or not watching is irrelevant to me and doesn't invalidate you being wrong.

Regardless if you not watching means I get to see less and less of you, I'm all for it.
I said squad not team. It doesn’t matter to me if they play or not play, the should not be selected for Pakistan game.

You will see me when you will see me. No one is forcing you to interact with me.

This opening excuse is nonsense.

Babar would frequently bat at 5 early in his ODI career and he would still perform. He didn’t use the excuse that he is not comfortable batting outside the top 3.

Usman is responsible for his failure in the first two matches. Not Babar, not the coach, not his batting position.

It is up to him to turn the corner in the remaining games and I hope he does because he can be a valuable asset for Pakistan in this format but you have to grab your chances before the train passes.

A lot of potentially good players wasted their careers because they didn’t perform at the right time.

I hope that Usman doesn’t have the loser mindset that his fans do, who are already making excuses by blaming his batting position.

Usman will never succeed if he starts thinking about these excuses again.
I thought you're not following or watching? Seems like you're following if you're privy to this info lol 😂

I said squad not team. It doesn’t matter to me if they play or not play, the should not be selected for Pakistan game.

You will see me when you will see me. No one is forcing you to interact with me.

You can't see me, peekaboo I see you

Performing well in domestic leagues and handling the pressure of international matches are very different and the team management must have realized this by now.

Like I’ve said many times, his technique is incredibly flawed. But for the T20 format, that’s okay, I still trust in this guy to give us some good innings, he needs to play the whole series at least.

So the excuses are already out for usman.

Sorry but against this c side of new zealand the no.3 no. 4 excuse wont last
He should perform whatever number given against such a weak side

Everyone knows the no.3 spot is not up for grabs. If fakhar cant get that spot who is usman.

2 games and he has been rubbish

This is what happens when you make an opener play in the middle overs. Usman is not a player who can play his shots in a wide open field.
So he is a 6 overs player?

This is a c level new zealand team.

A less experienced irfan niazi is scoring

So he is a 6 overs player?

This is a c level new zealand team.

A less experienced irfan niazi is scoring

Usman doesn't even look like a T20 player to me... always seems shaky while batting.

You can't expect much from him in international cricket as he is only a domestic league bully.

If management want to make him play at any cost so the only position where he might score some runs is the opening slot.

Usman doesn't even look like a T20 player to me... always seems shaky while batting.

You can't expect much from him in international cricket as he is only a domestic league bully.

If management want to make him play at any cost so the only position where he might score some runs is the opening slot.
If he doesnt perform against this side its his own fault.

I knew before hand that he will get 2-3 games, will do nothing and than he will blame PCB for ruining his contract with Emirates board.

If he doesnt perform, he should own up to it and not make an excuse

If he doesnt perform against this side its his own fault.

I knew before hand that he will get 2-3 games, will do nothing and than he will blame PCB for ruining his contract with Emirates board.

If he doesnt perform, he should own up to it and not make an excuse
dont know who gave him surity of his place as he left UAE cricket because here in Pakistan the PCB chairman himself doesn't even know how long he's here for.

Usman Khan made his choice which was a brave one, it is up to him to encash it.

He doesn’t look good at all. I know he is being played out of position, but you need to look the part as an international level batter.

He is clearly nervous and too fidgety at the moment.

We need to quit making excuses for Usman. He had an excellent opportunity today to make his mark and be couldn’t get going. That’s nobody’s fault but his own. A good player will capitalize on their opportunities. Coming in at number 4 isn’t the same as getting bottled down the order at 7 or 8. The chance was there for him to take Pakistan to a big total. He just didn’t look the part.

So the excuses are already out for usman.

Sorry but against this c side of new zealand the no.3 no. 4 excuse wont last
He should perform whatever number given against such a weak side

Everyone knows the no.3 spot is not up for grabs. If fakhar cant get that spot who is usman.

2 games and he has been rubbish
Rizwan isn't performing either now is he? Nor babar? Why aren't their spots vacant?

It applies to Rizwan. He is average in the middle-order and Misbah saved his career by opening with him.

It doesn’t apply to Babar, who is Pakistan’s best batsman and your best batsman should open in this format so that he can face max deliveries.
Your best batsmen don't play at run a ball this isn't odi it's t20

Usman Khan made his choice which was a brave one, it is up to him to encash it.

Gotta feel for the poor guy. I hope he can make a career in Pakistan as the UAE doesnt seem like an option anymore.

Pakistan can't afford 2 anchors in the lineup. Surely, you have to let Rizwan go at least?
What’s the alternative for our team exactly?

It’s still early and I’m hoping for Azam Khan and Usman Khan’s success but if the alternative to an “anchor” is

Azam Khan 4.83 @ 90 SR and never scoring above 10 runs

or

Usman Khan 5(7) and 7(6)

Then yes I would prefer two anchors. You’re coming at it from the perspective of an Indian cricket fan who has many explosive T20 batsmen waiting for their chance in intentional cricket. We don’t have the same luxury.

It’s still early and I’m hoping for Azam Khan and Usman Khan’s success but if the alternative to an “anchor” is

or

Usman Khan 5(7) and 7(6)

Then yes I would prefer two anchors. You’re coming at it from the perspective of an Indian cricket fan who has many explosive T20 batsmen waiting for their chance in intentional cricket. We don’t have the same luxury.

or

Usman Khan 5(7) and 7(6)

Indian cricket suffers from this even more actually, at least selection wise

So I'm not coming at this from an ICT fan angle.

This is just what the format demands.

Players like Rizwan and Babar will raise the "floor" of a T20 batting unit but will limit the "ceiling".

You are judging Azam and Usman's batting way too early.

Even in yesterday's match thread , there were folks questioning Saim Ayub's place because of his record .

But it was very clear that he was a cut above both Bobby and Rizzy in what he can bring to that Powerplay.

You can't judge from a small sample . I keep saying this but even Jos Buttler took 30-35 T20Is to become the T20 batter he is today.

In this format especially, the right approach is to back the players with a higher ceiling over the consistent ones.

I knew it wouldn't be long for babar , rizwan and azhar mahmood to start being blamed for gulli mohalla domestic pyjama league journeymen like usman khan and irfan niazi to fail and not live up to expectations.

This is a very weakned new Zealand team and both players are playing in home conditions if they can't perform here then there's no chance against a playing xi with a higher quality of bowling.

Past pakistani teams and debutants used to smash and bully new Zealand

Indian cricket suffers from this even more actually, at least selection wise

So I'm not coming at this from an ICT fan angle.

This is just what the format demands.

Players like Rizwan and Babar will raise the "floor" of a T20 batting unit but will limit the "ceiling".

You are judging Azam and Usman's batting way too early.

Even in yesterday's match thread , there were folks questioning Saim Ayub's place because of his record .

But it was very clear that he was a cut above both Bobby and Rizzy in what he can bring to that Powerplay.

You can't judge from a small sample . I keep saying this but even Jos Buttler took 30-35 T20Is to become the T20 batter he is today.

In this format especially, the right approach is to back the players with a higher ceiling over the consistent ones.
Very good way of putting it.

Raise the floor but lower the ceiling.

Love it.

Rizwan isn't performing either now is he? Nor babar? Why aren't their spots vacant?
Can you stop this whataboutism.

Rizwan and babar are not playing for a debut spot here, we know there capabilities based on past performances.

Thing is there is a new guy coming in and whether anyone likes this fact or not, new guys dont get more than 3-5 to prove themselves.

This is a c side quality. If Usman cant prove himself in the next few games, there is no justification for his whining than when he gets dropped.

Irfan took the opportunity and has performed.

Batting position doesnt matter when the opposition is c side.

You can try no matter how hard you want kay babar and rizwan also didnt perform but that is irrelevent.

Usman is fighting for a spot for which fakhar, mohammad harris, farhan and many others are competing

Rizwan and babar are not playing for a debut spot here, we know there capabilities based on past performances.

Thing is there is a new guy coming in and whether anyone likes this fact or not, new guys dont get more than 3-5 to prove themselves.

This is a c side quality. If Usman cant prove himself in the next few games, there is no justification for his whining than when he gets dropped.

You can try no matter how hard you want kay babar and rizwan also didnt perform but that is irrelevent.

Usman is fighting for a spot for which fakhar, mohammad harris, farhan and many others are competing
My point is these 2 are constantly given golden boys treatment akin to what shehzad was given. Ik their capabilities of being failures.

I don't get why you don't want equal opportunities for everyone and hold these 2 at a higher pedestal. Fakhar gets dropped despite being in the team longer then rizzu lol.

Their will be no justification for whining when UK gets him opening or no 3 and fails, then you can whine all you want.

Mentality is a big thing, it's why someone like quinton and markram look a million dollars batting first but fail while chasing or why someone like KL Rahul was horrible at opening and was a bunny yet humiliated Pakistan black and blue once he he was given the middle order role

Some players perform better in certain positions and certain circumstances. Why can't you understand this?

I point this whatabputism to prove that you guys view rizwan and babar as some gods or golden boys, they do not deserve to be > others nor did Bobby deserve to get captaincy again.

But why are we so comfortable giving new guys only 3-5 games? Is it really enough especially considering the average franchise league lasts for around 12 games per team or something?

If those guys like Babar and Rizwan have nothing to prove anymore then why do we bother even playing them against these sides?

Imo Usman etc should be given all the way until the WC to prove themselves.

Babar Rizwan Shaheen and Shadab should be rested now and come back for England tour.

But why are we so comfortable giving new guys only 3-5 games? Is it really enough especially considering the average franchise league lasts for around 12 games per team or something?

If those guys like Babar and Rizwan have nothing to prove anymore then why do we bother even playing them against these sides?

Imo Usman etc should be given all the way until the WC to prove themselves.

Babar Rizwan Shaheen and Shadab should be rested now and come back for England tour.
International matches will always be limited. If there are 10 games being played, debuts cant get all 10 and will be limited to a few.

But i do agree that Babar, Rizwan and Naseem have proven their caliber to be quite high and they dont need to play these C type teams. This is where the coaching regime comes into play.

Unfortunately, ever since Wasim Khan was removed, every person that came after in PCB has been a disaster.

Poor guy, another person who ruined their career for the love of country. Should have stayed in UAE and kept on playing PSL and other leagues.

I've got a feeling this could go horribly wrong.

I hope he scores runs quick, or he may have made the biggest mistake of his life.

I hope he scores runs quick, or he may have made the biggest mistake of his life.
Saj I think you might be right. I don’t know whose backing Usman has in the pcb, but without performing it won’t last long. I don’t know his personal circumstances apart from what has been shared publicly, but if he threw away a stable life in the UAE for a few T20 matches in green, it could be the worst decision of his life. Regardless, I hope he has a Plan B and really thought it through.

Let's be patient and not judge Usman Khan after only two innings. I would give him at least 10-15 matches.

Here are some top T20I players in world in their first 8-10 T20Is. Any guesses who they are? If they had been dropped after these horrible starts, nobody would have seen their heroics in T20Is.

Hint: Player B is propabably the best ever white ball cricket batsman.
1713835646144.png

Usman looked mediocre so far. No technique and his batting without a helmet won't change much until he wakes up to the reality and deal with it. This system is pretty cruel and he will be discarded in no time if he does not improve his game in the upcoming matches. I thing he should bat at 3 now as we know Fakhar is coming into the team for Rizwan now I guess, but Usman should bat at 3 for the remaining 2 games.

Genuine question. I thought he made a mistake of registering in unsanctioned leagues that has nothing to do with PSL or representing Pakistan that cost him the chance to play for UAE, right?

Even if he is discarded, he can still make a great living just by playing in the PSL and other leagues, so I don't think he sacrificed his career for 'the love of his country' as noted by other posters.

Genuine question. I thought he made a mistake of registering in unsanctioned leagues that has nothing to do with PSL or representing Pakistan that cost him the chance to play for UAE, right?

Even if he is discarded, he can still make a great living just by playing in the PSL and other leagues, so I don't think he sacrificed his career for 'the love of his country' as noted by other posters.
Representing your country means alot. League cricket is good for money but the goal of usman was to play for pakistan earlier but he got frustrated and chose to move to UAE but after PSL 9 hype he again decided to leave uae. This could back fire if he cannot prove his worth which he failed at till now in those 2 games.

Let's be patient and not judge Usman Khan after only two innings. I would give him at least 10-15 matches.

Here are some top T20I players in world in their first 8-10 T20Is. Any guesses who they are? If they had been dropped after these horrible starts, nobody would have seen their heroics in T20Is.

Hint: Player B is propabably the best ever white ball cricket batsman.
View attachment 143349

...and we are getting so impatient after two innings by Usman Khan. This is how these players started their T20I careers.

1713878071581.png

...and we are getting so impatient after two innings by Usman Khan. This is how these players started their T20I careers.

View attachment 143355

Don't think Fans are getting impatient but we are justifiably worried about the PCB getting impatient. We have a rich history of certain players being given massive extended runs over periods of bad form because of personal liking, disliking and certain other players being discarded after 1-2 failures based on not being in the good books of the captain, coach, selectors or lacking influential backing.

Usman Khan burned his bridges with the UAE which is why we are more worried.

Don't think Fans are getting impatient but we are justifiably worried about the PCB getting impatient. We have a rich history of certain players being given massive extended runs over periods of bad form because of personal liking, disliking and certain other players being discarded after 1-2 failures based on not being in the good books of the captain, coach, selectors or lacking influential backing.

>>Don't think Fans are getting impatient
Please see some of the comments above in this thread. :) All of a sudden his batting skills and techniques are being questioned.... totally forgetting that same batting skills and techniques made him score tons of runs in PSL-9.

>>We have a rich history of certain players .....
This scenario/point is true/valied for any young Pakistani player and applies to every single one of them. So why should we be concerned about Usman only?

>>Usman Khan burned his bridges with the UAE which is why we are more worried.
At the worst case scenario, Usman will be in the same boat as any other Pakistani young talent/hopefull.

He made a very brave decision.... most fans here are stuck on .. "what if he fails?" and I am saying ...
"what if he succeedes..? Just imagine!".

>>Don't think Fans are getting impatient
Please see some of the comments above in this thread. :) All of a sudden his batting skills and techniques are being questioned.... totally forgetting that same batting skills and techniques made him score tons of runs in PSL-9.

>>We have a rich history of certain players .....
This scenario/point is true/valied for any young Pakistani player and applies to every single one of them. So why should we be concerned about Usman only?

>>Usman Khan burned his bridges with the UAE which is why we are more worried.
At the worst case scenario, Usman will be in the same boat as any other Pakistani young talent/hopefull.

He made a very brave decision.... most fans here are stuck on .. "what if he fails?" and I am saying ...
"what if he succeedes..? Just imagine!".

Btw, good to see you back on PP. Please post more often and rile up the Misbah fanatics with your statistics :)

International matches will always be limited. If there are 10 games being played, debuts cant get all 10 and will be limited to a few.

But i do agree that Babar, Rizwan and Naseem have proven their caliber to be quite high and they dont need to play these C type teams. This is where the coaching regime comes into play.

Unfortunately, ever since Wasim Khan was removed, every person that came after in PCB has been a disaster.
I appreciate you bro, but ik for a fact that people can be hypocritical( Not talking about PP only but all of Pakistan fans in general)

When it's your favourite player, they'll go to deep lengths to justify their inclusion and being untouchable.

But if its any one outside their personal clique they'll want instant discarding.

Some People like rizwan, and usman khan performing is a threat to their player being booted hence they want him discarded.

It was the same with sarfraz back in the day, People who liked rizwan wanted sarfi gone or picked up excuses to attack.

Pcb either doesn't give time(5 games and you're out) or gives way too much time( 4 years of torture), this board can't find a balance.

I don't know why fans are worried on Usman's behalf. He wanted to play for his country of birth, he was given the chance. Now it's up to him to take the opportunity. I'm no fan of the PCB, but their only job is to give him the stage, they can't score the runs for him. He will probably get a longer rope than most because of his sacrifice, so hopefully he will score runs on this tour.

Not intl material , he's a pyjama league player tulla type tape ball batsmen.

This will be a very short lived career .

He was promoted ahead of many others who have bided their time patiently in domestic cricket. I am guessing they are smiling at the moment.

Feeling pity for Usman knowing PCB it'd game over for him , poor lad should have had stayed in.Emirates

He was promoted ahead of many others who have bided their time patiently in domestic cricket. I am guessing they are smiling at the moment.
Any time a selected player fails, somebody sitting on the bench smiles at the upcoming oppertunity.

He's had 3 bloody matches.

He needs to be given 10-15 matches to establish himself in the team.
As I said before he deserves a long rope but honestly I don't see him as an international calibre player due to many technical problems and lack ability in playing pacers. Happy to be proven wrong.

Doesn’t look the part but who knows, a few more matches and maybe he’ll click. But so far his dismissals have been very soft.

Don't know why should UK be dropped after playing 3 matches

After 3 maches rizwan only averaged 6 with 98 s/r

after 25 matches Rizwan averaged 22.35 at a strike rate of 108

Why was rizwan given special treatment?

At least Usman Khan doesn't waste balls.

He is the type of player we need in the middle order.

16 off 10 is a lot better than 30 off 25.

lol talk about spreading lies.

Rizwan didnt even bat in the 2 of the first three games. lol

With some of his shots he didn't even move his feet. Makes Asif Ali look like Ricky Ponting. Not a no.3 batter at this moment.

lol talk about spreading lies.

Rizwan didnt even bat in the 2 of the first three games. lol

whats this then mate? this also telling lies? you think everyone are liars like misbah fans ??
only 1st game he didn't bat in and maybe few others he did still play at least 20 games with a rubbish average

could only capture till the 16th game but he's got this rubbish average till the 26th match

1714105143085.png

Last edited by a moderator:
stop nit picking point is rizwan just didn't come in the scene and started averaging 50 after his 1st match
he was given a long rope and then got to averaging 50

you cant disregard usman after 3 games he should be given a chance too just like how rizwan had a chance
he was dropped, and he was asked to perform again and he made a come back.

He isn’t cut for International cricket. He has no balance, no feet movement. I feel bad for the fans who thought he is the savior of our cricket and Babar should be dropped for him.

View attachment 143355
I think many of these players might have played tests or LOIs before these T20 innings. Perhaps their debuts were not in t20 which gave some relief that they should be persisted with.

The big problem I see is on the back of a very low standard t20 league a person with such obvious flaws is forced to come in a slog away on the up until he is out for a low score time and time again. I would much rather see UK take his time and settle in.

At the moment he lack both technique and mental attitude. Hope he comes good but these are batting wickets.

England Poached guys like Eion Morgan. Pakistan had to import this guy back to Pakistan. That is a reflection of poor reflection of domestic set up.

Rizwan is hated because of his special treatment.

he was dropped, and he was asked to perform again and he made a come back.

Dont paint a false picture here thanks.
He was asked to open out of blue with zero merit.

Any player who's been given 4 years and failed consistently deserves a boot 24/7.

Chacha, Babar and rizwan aren't gods who can't be questioned. Sorry for bursting said bubble.

So far I am not impressed by Usman Khan. He looked pretty rusty at the crease and he might be missing his chance here IMO. He should at least e looking like a player who has potential for international cricket but just having a good day. But so far he looked like 5-6 balls players. Remember, his catch was dropped on 5th ball in the third game as well.

I hope he can play a blinder on an inning in the last game of the series.

He was asked to open out of blue with zero merit.

Any player who's been given 4 years and failed consistently deserves a boot 24/7.

Chacha, Babar and rizwan aren't gods who can't be questioned. Sorry for bursting said bubble.
He was not asked to open out of blue. He had been opening for peshawar region and playing in upper order. He was told before hand when he got his comeback that we will try you as an opener.

It's pointless blaming rizwan and Babar or the management

Usman khan has a very poor technique and application on the crease and is simply not intl level he is a club level type batsmen..

These new players are getting their chance if they fail to take bull by the horns they only have themselves to blame pakistani standards to stay in the team are not high even playing selfish 50s will help them become established never mind playing a gun innings . Even with such low standards required they are struggling.

Time to open an account in the US or Canada embassy sites Usman now that you have burned the bridge with UAE..

He is lucky that Rizwan is injured. It means that he will likely play the final T20 game. If he doesn't impress on Saturday, he could get the axe.
I still think he has something special and hope he does well in the final T20.

Time to open an account in the US or Canada embassy sites Usman now that you have burned the bridge with UAE..
umm no
Getting an international cap for a test member means big in cricket. This has opened up his career for the next 30 years.
Even if he does not play cricket internationally, he can get coaching gigs and get even club level gigs in UK and all over the country..

With UAE, it meant he would had stayed a domestic player for the next 2 years and there was no surety whether he would had made an international debut or not

Back