[VIDEO] Why Usman Khan would be better off playing for the UAE instead of Pakistan?

Was it the right decision for Usman Khan to give up his UAE contract and play for Pakistan?

• Total voters
He is lucky that Rizwan is injured. It means that he will likely play the final T20 game. If he doesn't impress on Saturday, he could get the axe.
I still think he has something special and hope he does well in the final T20.
The 2 top performers of PSL, Usama mir and Usman khan. Parchi's smh.

Tbf babar also needs to go back to domestic.

It's pointless blaming rizwan and Babar or the management

Usman khan has a very poor technique and application on the crease and is simply not intl level he is a club level type batsmen..

These new players are getting their chance if they fail to take bull by the horns they only have themselves to blame pakistani standards to stay in the team are not high even playing selfish 50s will help them become established never mind playing a gun innings . Even with such low standards required they are struggling.

Usman Khan scored big runs in the PSL against the likes of Shaheen, Rauf, Zaman Khan, Naseem Shah, Shadab Khan e.t.c. Either Usman Khan is over rated or the so called super stars from Pakistan

In what way is usman a parchi?
I used parchi as failure in said context.

But if you want me to be super literal, their players from the emerging acc cup like tayyab, haris, Shabzada farhan, Mehren mumtaz, Omair bin aziz etc etc who have been knocking on the doors for a while in the case of haris he impressed in 2022.

Alot of domestic performers were ignored because Usman wanted to go to uae and because he performed in psl, Pcb didn't want that to happen so they gave him special treatment.

Had he not had the UAE clause he may or may not have been selected as various data analysts and even @PakEngFan pointed out his technique is terrible so they may have decided against having him despite performances, or they might have gone the wc 2023 wc route where they only have rizwan and decide no backup keeper is needed.

The UAE clause that he held over PCB caused pcb to rush his inclusion without thinking, so it is special treatment.

I don't per say think the parchi tag should only be applied to imam, Shan etc, I think hasebullah and various others fit the bill even if they don't have parents who fast tracked them.

Hasebullah being from balochistan, Usman Khan having the UAE clause. Usama mir being a member of the dosti yaari group etc.

Usman could not have asked for a more favorable introduction in international cricket. He is playing on the same venues where he dominated in the PSL and he is up against a bowling attack that is no better than your average PSL attack.

He has failed badly in the three matches and it is his fault and no one else’s. This batting position excuse doesn’t mean much because he is not facing some world beating attack on difficult wickets.

I don’t know how he has looked on the eyes because I haven’t watched a single delivery and neither will I, but the numbers look very ordinary. He should have been able to manage at least one 40+ score and the previous match where he was batting at 3 was a golden opportunity.

I have no agenda against Usman and I wish him well but if he loses his spot soon he will have no one to blame but himself.

In international cricket, you have to grab your opportunities because there will always be people knocking on the door and once the train passes, it is very difficult to get back onboard.

The final T20I could be very crucial for his career because he could find himself out of the playing XI if he doesn’t perform this time.

Pakistani fans are clueless where they demand an aggressive, fearless brand of cricket with perfection but then don't want to accept failures. Failures are part and parcel of this approach

Usman could not have asked for a more favorable introduction in international cricket. He is playing on the same venues where he dominated in the PSL and he is up against a bowling attack that is no better than your average PSL attack.

He has failed badly in the three matches and it is his fault and no one else’s. This batting position excuse doesn’t mean much because he is not facing some world beating attack on difficult wickets.

I don’t know how he has looked on the eyes because I haven’t watched a single delivery and neither will I, but the numbers look very ordinary. He should have been able to manage at least one 40+ score and the previous match where he was batting at 3 was a golden opportunity.

I have no agenda against Usman and I wish him well but if he loses his spot soon he will have no one to blame but himself.

In international cricket, you have to grab your opportunities because there will always be people knocking on the door and once the train passes, it is very difficult to get back onboard.

The final T20I could be very crucial for his career because he could find himself out of the playing XI if he doesn’t perform this time.
The numbers clause doesn't apply anymore cause he got to bat at no 3 in the last game which was the position he wanted and he failed.

He got dropped on 5 and then his catch was taken at 16.

The numbers clause doesn't apply anymore cause he got to bat at no 3 in the last game which was the position he wanted and he failed.

He got dropped on 5 and then his catch was taken at 16.
Anyone can fail in a particular game regardless of the batting position. That is okay, but three failures on the trot against a poor attack means that he needs to take ownership of his performances.

I have no issues if he keeps playing but he needs to understand that if he gets dropped soon he will have no one else to blame. He is getting chances and he is not availing them.

Tez Khel, khul ke khel but out mat hona, story of Pakistan Cricket and why so many batsmen get destroyed and lack confidence once they come to the national team. Here it is everyone for themselves.

Pakistani fans are clueless where they demand an aggressive, fearless brand of cricket with perfection but then don't want to accept failures. Failures are part and parcel of this approach
No it doesn’t mean that you bring in a slogger who tries cross batted swipes at every ball especially against a tall line and length bowler. This guy is awful and I’m very sceptical that the PSL is in anyway a good yardstick to assess to talents of up and coming players. It’s definitely not a place for player development and if anything I just see players regress.

Usman Khan should stat pad to a selfish slow 50 at the expense of the team and play low risk cricket.
Exactly. There is nothing wrong with taking a bit of time if you come in early after an opener falls.

I am all up for if they have potential which he clearly doesn't. Saim has potential and we have to give him as many chances as possible. As I have said Abdullah shafique is miles better than Usman.

No it doesn’t mean that you bring in a slogger who tries cross batted swipes at every ball especially against a tall line and length bowler. This guy is awful and I’m very sceptical that the PSL is in anyway a good yardstick to assess to talents of up and coming players. It’s definitely not a place for player development and if anything I just see players regress.

T20 is a sloggers format. UK in the PSL scored a century and high scores at 150 plus strike rates against the likes of Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf, Shadab Khan, Naseem Shah, Zaman Khan. Either UK is over rated or these bowlers who are apparently the best bowlers for Pakistan in limited overs cricket are over rated.

I am all up for if they have potential which he clearly doesn't. Saim has potential and we have to give him as many chances as possible. As I have said Abdullah shafique is miles better than Usman.

Potential is subjective. For some even Saim Ayub has no potential. Thank god PCB has proper selectors vs Fans who will change the team based on their personal likes and dislikes. If we can give the likes of Asif Ali, Khusdil Shah so many chances then UK deserves the same amount of chances as well.

Potential is subjective. For some even Saim Ayub has no potential. Thank god PCB has proper selectors vs Fans who will change the team based on their personal likes and dislikes. If we can give the likes of Asif Ali, Khusdil Shah so many chances then UK deserves the same amount of chances as well.
I have no problem Usman Khan getting many chances but he's clearly not cut for international cricket. He has too many flaws in his technique and is quite awful again pace. Potential is not subjective at all in cricketing terms. If anyone thinks Saim doesn't have potential, then they know nothing about cricket. It's another thing if he translates in to internationals.

T20 is a sloggers format. UK in the PSL scored a century and high scores at 150 plus strike rates against the likes of Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf, Shadab Khan, Naseem Shah, Zaman Khan. Either UK is over rated or these bowlers who are apparently the best bowlers for Pakistan in limited overs cricket are over rated.
There’s a difference between positive batting and slogging cross batted swipes every ball.

That’s a weird comparison. Khushdil Shah and Asif Ali were lower middle order players whereas Usman Khan is a top order player. Lower middle order is the toughest position to bat on. You have to go big from the ball one with fielders patrolling the boundary. Khush Dil Shah and Asif Ali were poor hitters by the international standards but they were the best hitters we had. Now coming back to UK, he won’t get a long rope unlike AA and KS because he plays at the top order and there is a lot of completion there. No team can afford to play a batsman at the top who looks like a deer caught in the headlights.

That’s a weird comparison. Khushdil Shah and Asif Ali were lower middle order players whereas Usman Khan is a top order player. Lower middle order is the toughest position to bat on. You have to go big from the ball one with fielders patrolling the boundary. Khush Dil Shah and Asif Ali were poor hitters by the international standards but they were the best hitters we had. Now coming back to UK, he won’t get a long rope unlike AA and KS because he plays at the top order and there is a lot of completion there. No team can afford to play a batsman at the top who looks like a deer caught in the headlights.

Well fans are being emotional right now, in the PSL he scored runs against the likes of Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf, Zaman Khan, Naseem Shah, Aamir Jamal, Shadab Khan, Imad Wasim, Tymal Mills, Mazzarabani, Luke Wood. These bowlers are the best international bowlers on offer from Pakistan and some from other countries. He is not someone who is a deer caught in the headlights. Right now UK is one of the best we have.

Well fans are being emotional right now, in the PSL he scored runs against the likes of Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf, Zaman Khan, Naseem Shah, Aamir Jamal, Shadab Khan, Imad Wasim, Tymal Mills, Mazzarabani, Luke Wood. These bowlers are the best international bowlers on offer from Pakistan and some from other countries. He is not someone who is a deer caught in the headlights. Right now UK is one of the best we have.
There are many players who do well in league cricket but can’t withstand the international cricket pressure. Sohaib Maqsood, Talat Hussain and recently Azam Khan comes to mind. In leagues, no one is giving their 100%, and there is no added pressure on you either. Playing for pakistan, UK is clearly under pressure. His feet are glued to the crease and he has no balance. It’s clearly visible he lacks mental toughness. Also, he plays with hard hands, which is a recipe for disaster in itself. He hasn’t played one good knock at international level, so it’s a big stretch to say he is one of the best we got.

PSL is a low quality tournament. Pakistani bowlers are medicore and the foreign players are C grade. It's not a yardstick.

Saw him for the first time in the highlights. He hardly has any feet movement. Not a great head position. All hands. Proper hack by the look of it.

Saw him for the first time in the highlights. He hardly has any feet movement. Not a great head position. All hands. Proper hack by the look of it.
You are right. Technique wise he is way behind than anyone else out there but the reality is, he scored runs in PSL heavily. There is no perfect condition for a batter to debut than on the flat road of Pindi or Lahore but he failed to do something substantial. I hope he can do better in the last game of the series to stay relevant for the next series.

You are right. Technique wise he is way behind than anyone else out there but the reality is, he scored runs in PSL heavily. There is no perfect condition for a batter to debut than on the flat road of Pindi or Lahore but he failed to do something substantial. I hope he can do better in the last game of the series to stay relevant for the next series.

His technique looked decent in the PSL, certainly better than many higher rated players like Fakhar Zaman. I saw his innings yesterday, looked like he was trying too hard to hit out early. I think it was the right approach, we've seen already this series that the brave approach usually wins matches. Robinson looked hopeless in the first two games for the NZ side but then he came good. Usman needs to prove himself, but he shouldn't be ditched on the back of one series, he should be given assurances that he will get more chances if he can show he is worth it.

Usman Khan is entrusted to bat at position 3. I hope he scores big tonight.

His technique looked decent in the PSL, certainly better than many higher rated players like Fakhar Zaman. I saw his innings yesterday, looked like he was trying too hard to hit out early. I think it was the right approach, we've seen already this series that the brave approach usually wins matches. Robinson looked hopeless in the first two games for the NZ side but then he came good. Usman needs to prove himself, but he shouldn't be ditched on the back of one series, he should be given assurances that he will get more chances if he can show he is worth it.
He needs to show something. At minimum a good 15-20. Right now his balance is all over the place.

Doesn’t look assured out there. Footwork is all over the place, he’s spinning around at the crease trying to hit the ball. Babar needs to help him settle down so he can play some shots.

10-13 against NZC and that too on a flat track. How can any team stick with such a player? Hope he capitalizes today but chances are slim.

Waqar Younis during the commentary in the 5th T20I between Pakistan and New Zealand:

"I think Usman Khan needs to improve his bat lift, because it's low he has missed out on a lot of half volleys."

His boundaries and hits don’t look assured. Could have been out right there on that top edge.

He looked nervous out there.

He looks ugly and ungainly with his shots, but he can score and score quickly.

Definitely worth giving more time.

It's not like we have some Jos Buttlers in Pakistan. Usman should be on the plane to West Indies imo.

Better than the likes of Asif Ali and Kushdil.

It's not like we have some Jos Buttlers in Pakistan. Usman should be on the plane to West Indies imo.

Better than the likes of Asif Ali and Kushdil.

This is the point. I watched the PSL and Pakistan had no decent batters even at that level. Usman has not been convincing in this series, but who else is there?

Waqar Younis during the commentary in the 5th T20I between Pakistan and New Zealand:

"I think Usman Khan needs to improve his bat lift, because it's low he has missed out on a lot of half volleys."
Yes heard that and I thought that is so elementary WTH are the coaches doing in the team that they haven’t corrected this obvious flaw in his technique.

No he is not good enough. I would rather have Mohammad haris instead of this hack Usman khan.
He won't score against any decent team.
He should be kicked out along with that iftikhar chacha

The UAE won't take him back. He's gone the Fawad Ahmed way who thought he was a dead cert to play for the mighty Australians. The great man won one Aussie cap!:cool:

No he is not good enough. I would rather have Mohammad haris instead of this hack Usman khan.
He won't score against any decent team.
He should be kicked out along with that iftikhar chacha

Usman Khan out performed Mohd Haris in the PSL.

Great video. Excellent points raised

This is the curse we live in since Imran Khan took over our cricket and appointed all the nonsense that followed.

Misbah’s decision of opening with Babar and Rizwan has left LONG LASTING DAMAGE which is extremely difficult to repair.
Imran Khan's idea about regional teams was right but instead of 6 first-class teams we should have 10-12 teams (Pak population is 8 times bigger than Australia's)

PSL (and other leagues around the world) is a success partly because of regional names.

After all, what interest does anyone have in a PIA vs Pakistan Steel Mills game etc?

Pakistan captain Babar Azam speaking about Usman Khan in post-series presser:

"You have to give players a margin. When you come into the team, there is pressure, but he has tried his best. Whenever a player makes his debut, after the innings, he tries to stabilize a bit and then starts his innings, but he showed intent which was required. Performing or not performing is not in anyone’s hands, he was very good.”

As per media reports, Usman Khan likely to be given more opportunity to tour Ireland and England

He should be play against Ireland and England, if he fails again he should be dropped from the WC. From what I have seen so far, he will fail badly! He doesn’t belong to international level.

Absolutely agree, T20 should be treated as its own format, distinct from ODIs or Tests.

T20 is inherently a high-risk game where just two or three batsmen stepping up can make all the difference.

However, if the openers play overly cautious cricket up to the 15th over, it doesn't leave much room for other batsmen to come in and take their chances, potentially missing out on their opportunity to make an impact.

He should be play against Ireland and England, if he fails again he should be dropped from the WC. From what I have seen so far, he will fail badly! He doesn’t belong to international level.

Thank God we have selectors in the PCB and not emotional impatient entitled fans in charge of the PCB.

Thank God we have selectors in the PCB and not emotional impatient entitled fans in charge of the PCB.
PCB selectors are much worse than I am.

Having said that, why do you think it was an emotional post?

I said he should be playing against Ireland and England, if failed then he should be dropped from the WC? How’s that unreasonable? If he plays against Ireland and England, then that means he has played at least 9-10 matches consecutively. If he fails in those matches as well then he has failed in 10 matches consecutively. Do you believe a player in that state of mind should be playing the WC?

Now the second part of the post was my opinion. From what I have seen so far he will fail. He lacks mental strength to succeed as that level.

PCB selectors are much worse than I am.

Having said that, why do you think it was an emotional post?

I said he should be playing against Ireland and England, if failed then he should be dropped from the WC? How’s that unreasonable? If he plays against Ireland and England, then that means he has played at least 9-10 matches consecutively. If he fails in those matches as well then he has failed in 10 matches consecutively. Do you believe a player in that state of mind should be playing the WC?

Now the second part of the post was my opinion. From what I have seen so far he will fail. He lacks mental strength to succeed as that level.

A guy who burnt his bridges with the UAE to play for a volatile cricket nation like Pakistan lacks mental strength to succeed? Okay, i am all for opinions but they have to have some basis.

The likes of Khusdil, Asif Ali, Iftikhar and many others in the team have gotten much longer runs and ropes. Give a similar run to Usman Khan and he will show his PSL form in half the time.

T-20 format is the last format you would want a Pakistani player playing for himself, his spot in the team, it is a format you have to go guns blazing from ball one, Usman Khan was picked for that role, he will have failures along the way but our emotional fan base, toxic ex players and media have lynched into him.

I wish he had factored the toxicity of the Pakistani Cricket Culture and system before making his decision to burn his bridges with the UAE authorities to play for Pakistan.

Here a couple of additional perspectives:

1. Fans are very quick to write him after his 4 innings vs NZ but totally fail to give him some credit for his phenominal success in PSL....especially when PCB offered him a place in Pakistan team on the basis on his performance in PSL.

2. If Usman Khan was not offered a place in Pak team by PCB then.... most of us would have be cursing PCB for mistreating Usman Khan ..... just like we cursed PCB for mistreating Imran Tahir and losing him to South Africa.
Damn if you do ... damn if you don't.

By the way, are you coming to NYC for any WC matches?

The way he plays without any foot movement he will be nowhere even after playing 100 T20Is for Pakistan.

We have much better options compared to Usman waiting in the que.

The way he plays without any foot movement he will be nowhere even after playing 100 T20Is for Pakistan.

We have much better options compared to Usman waiting in the que.

What did those better options do in the PSL?

T-20 is mostly about hitting, he is not playing ODI or test matches for Pakistan where he has to worry about footwork.

A guy who burnt his bridges with the UAE to play for a volatile cricket nation like Pakistan lacks mental strength to succeed? Okay, i am all for opinions but they have to have some basis.

The likes of Khusdil, Asif Ali, Iftikhar and many others in the team have gotten much longer runs and ropes. Give a similar run to Usman Khan and he will show his PSL form in half the time.

T-20 format is the last format you would want a Pakistani player playing for himself, his spot in the team, it is a format you have to go guns blazing from ball one, Usman Khan was picked for that role, he will have failures along the way but our emotional fan base, toxic ex players and media have lynched into him.

I wish he had factored the toxicity of the Pakistani Cricket Culture and system before making his decision to burn his bridges with the UAE authorities to play for Pakistan.
You’re accusing fans of being too emotional but your post itself is nothing but an emotional rant. It seems like you’re feeling empathy for him that he left UAE for Pakistan and now he should be given a long rope just because of that. The sacrifice he made doesn’t warrant a free pass for life. Most players who thrive to play for pakistan or any national team have made big sacrifices. Game rules are simple - if you’re good you play if you are not, go back to domestic cricket and work on your weaknesses.

Like I mentioned above most athletes who thrive to play for their respective national teams make big sacrifices, especially in a country like Pakistan where most people come from humble backgrounds. Making financial and career sanctifies don’t mean you will be able to handle the international cricket pressure. From what I have seen so far, he can’t handle the pressure.

For U.K so far it’s all failures no success. He has been given 4 matches on the trot, and from what I have heard, he is going to Ireland and England as well. Those are a lot of matches. If he doesn’t perform in those series, he deserves to be axed. Babar even publicly praised him for his ugly innings in the 5th T20I against NZ, if that doesn’t give him the confidence, not sure what will.

You keep bringing in Khush Dilshah. Let me educate you a little about him. In his 2nd T20, he was dropped from the playing XI. He was benched for the entire series, and then he was dropped from the team the following series. He has always been in and out of the team. Never got the consistent run. UK should be thankful that he is getting a proper chance to showcase his talent.

You’re accusing fans of being too emotional but your post itself is nothing but an emotional rant. It seems like you’re feeling empathy for him that he left UAE for Pakistan and now he should be given a long rope just because of that. The sacrifice he made doesn’t warrant a free pass for life. Most players who thrive to play for pakistan or any national team have made big sacrifices. Game rules are simple - if you’re good you play if you are not, go back to domestic cricket and work on your weaknesses.

Like I mentioned above most athletes who thrive to play for their respective national teams make big sacrifices, especially in a country like Pakistan where most people come from humble backgrounds. Making financial and career sanctifies don’t mean you will be able to handle the international cricket pressure. From what I have seen so far, he can’t handle the pressure.

For U.K so far it’s all failures no success. He has been given 4 matches on the trot, and from what I have heard, he is going to Ireland and England as well. Those are a lot of matches. If he doesn’t perform in those series, he deserves to be axed. Babar even publicly praised him for his ugly innings in the 5th T20I against NZ, if that doesn’t give him the confidence, not sure what will.

You keep bringing in Khush Dilshah. Let me educate you a little about him. In his 2nd T20, he was dropped from the playing XI. He was benched for the entire series, and then he was dropped from the team the following series. He has always been in and out of the team. Never got the consistent run. UK should be thankful that he is getting a proper chance to showcase his talent.

Whose saying give him a free pass for life? Asif Ali has played 58 T20 games for Pakistan, Khusdil Shah 27 T20 games, Iftikhar have played 59 plus T20's for Pakistan without much performances and the run they got under Babar in 2021-2022 was not given to other players in our system, come back to me when UK has played atleast 20 T-20 games and hasn't delivered in 30-40% of them.

Whose saying give him a free pass for life? Asif Ali has played 58 T20 games for Pakistan, Khusdil Shah 27 T20 games, Iftikhar have played 59 plus T20's for Pakistan without much performances and the run they got under Babar in 2021-2022 was not given to other players in our system, come back to me when UK has played atleast 20 T-20 games and hasn't delivered in 30-40% of them.
None of them got consistent chances. KS was dropped in his 2nd T20. UK is getting a fair chance to prove his worth, if he doesn’t he should be dropped just KS was, just AA was just Iftikhar was. You're implying he should not get dropped even if he fails consistently for 10 matches, this is totally absurd!

What did those better options do in the PSL?

T-20 is mostly about hitting, he is not playing ODI or test matches for Pakistan where he has to worry about footwork.

But the same lack of foot movement is creating trouble for him playing spin. If you are not technically correct you can't perform well in shorter formats as well because T20 cricket is not just about slogging... you have to survive some good deliveries too without just smacking them.

None of them got consistent chances. KS was dropped in his 2nd T20. UK is getting a fair chance to prove his worth, if he doesn’t he should be dropped just KS was, just AA was just Iftikhar was. You're implying he should not get dropped even if he fails consistently for 10 matches, this is totally absurd!

Why target UK only? What about Saim Ayub who has had 15 chances now without performances?

KS got 26 matches after his first game to prove himself in which he didn't do much. We will talk about UK after he has played 10 games.

FYI Asif Ali and Iftikhar have now played 50 plus games. Will not tolerate people spewing their personal likes, dislikes over players as opposed to applying a uniform standard.

Doesn't look the part. He deserved his chance because of the PSL but looks short of quality
trust me i wasnt that much convinced even after he was hitting centuries in PSL, the way he plays looks like a tailender is on the crease.

it always keeps u high from the seat "k abhi agya" :ROFLMAO:

Why target UK only? What about Saim Ayub who has had 15 chances now without performances?

KS got 26 matches after his first game to prove himself in which he didn't do much. We will talk about UK after he has played 10 games.

FYI Asif Ali and Iftikhar have now played 50 plus games. Will not tolerate people spewing their personal likes, dislikes over players as opposed to applying a uniform standard.
This thread is about UK so that’s why we are discussing Uk? If you want to discuss other batsmen role why not open threads/post in threads about them.

AA and Ifti were dropped many times. UK should be dropped too if doesn’t perform, as simple as that.

I’m my short stay here so far I have mentioned it quite a few times that he has potential but so far he has been a failure at this level.

Difference between him and UK is that Saim seems like someone who is one innings away from turning it around but UK seemed like a schoolboy at this level. He had no feet movement, no balance and vey minimal hand eye coordination. I’m afraid by giving up UAE he made a bad choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is about UK so that’s why we are discussing Uk? If you want to discuss other batsmen role why not open threads/post in threads about them.

AA and Ifti were dropped many times. UK should be dropped too if doesn’t perform, as simple as that.

I’m my short stay here so far I have mentioned it quite a few times that he has potential but so far he has been a failure at this level.

Difference between him and UK is that Saim seems like someone who is one innings away from turning it around but UK seemed like a schoolboy at this level. He had no feet movement, no balance and vey minimal hand eye coordination. I’m afraid by giving up UAE he made a bad choice.

Am glad the PCB has selectors who are ignoring social media and giving UK a deserved extended run.

These things like has no feet movement, no balance very minimal hand eye coordination mean nothing if you score runs. This minimal feet movement, no balance, no hand eye coordination outscored the eye catching Saim Ayub by a big margin in the PSL.

Am glad the PCB has selectors who are ignoring social media and giving UK a deserved extended run.

These things like has no feet movement, no balance very minimal hand eye coordination mean nothing if you score runs. This minimal feet movement, no balance, no hand eye coordination outscored the eye catching Saim Ayub by a big margin in the PSL.
Of course it’s my opinion, just like you have yours and I have mine. From post 1 I have mentioned, if he fails against Ireland and England as well then he should be benched. I didn’t say to drop him right now. But somehow you keep getting emotional whenever he is mentioned.

Not sure why you keep being up Saim. If he doesn’t perform, which he isn’t right now, he should be dropped as well. I have no preference. Both of them should be given a fair chance, if they don’t perform they should be dropped.

I agree those things don’t matter if you’re scoring runs, but you need something to score runs. Runs don’t appear out of nowhere.

Of course it’s my opinion, just like you have yours and I have mine. From post 1 I have mentioned, if he fails against Ireland and England as well then he should be benched. I didn’t say to drop him right now. But somehow you keep getting emotional whenever he is mentioned.

Not sure why you keep being up Saim. If he doesn’t perform, which he isn’t right now, he should be dropped as well. I have no preference. Both of them should be given a fair chance, if they don’t perform they should be dropped.

I agree those things don’t matter if you’re scoring runs, but you need something to score runs. Runs don’t appear out of nowhere.
The only issue is, how many people do you drop? Cause at the stage close to the cup, Pakistan a country that's incapable of making a team can't really do anything.

Babar: He's regressed since 2022 with his avg and sr dropping to 40 and very soon will reach 37-39 and his sr dropping.

Rizwan: Avg is still fine but sr dropped dramatically.

Chacha and shadab: Useless, although shadab can work miracles once in a blue moon.

Usman khan and saim: Not performing

Naseem Shah: Run machine

Shaheen/Abass/Amir: They took wickets against c team NZ but were expensive and were run machines as well.

Usama: Did well in one game but we all know how he operated by now.

Irfan khan: can't even read sodhi level spinners and is not a basher, no 5 isn't his position.

Imad: Decent batting so far but weak bowling

Besides Abrar who's the only quality player we have, what do we do? Drop the entire team? And find 14 replacements out of the blue? With the cup nearing around June?

The only issue is, how many people do you drop? Cause at the stage close to the cup, Pakistan a country that's incapable of making a team can't really do anything.

Babar: He's regressed since 2022 with his avg and sr dropping to 40 and very soon will reach 37-39 and his sr dropping.

Rizwan: Avg is still fine but sr dropped dramatically.

Chacha and shadab: Useless, although shadab can work miracles once in a blue moon.

Usman khan and saim: Not performing

Naseem Shah: Run machine

Shaheen/Abass/Amir: They took wickets against c team NZ but were expensive and were run machines as well.

Usama: Did well in one game but we all know how he operated by now.

Irfan khan: can't even read sodhi level spinners and is not a basher, no 5 isn't his position.

Imad: Decent batting so far but weak bowling

Besides Abrar who's the only quality player we have, what do we do? Drop the entire team? And find 14 replacements out of the blue? With the cup nearing around June?
That’s why I have mentioned quite a few times we are a poor team and there is no talent coming through. Of course you chop with the players who are not performing at all.

Usman literally has no technique. He has not shown any composure so far on the crease. He looks like his feet have snakes in them as he is moving here and there on every ball. Shaky legs and no real technique to talk about.

Usman literally has no technique. He has not shown any composure so far on the crease. He looks like his feet have snakes in them as he is moving here and there on every ball. Shaky legs and no real technique to talk about.
Non technical players have succeed in the past just letting you know.

Chanderpaul( Amazing shots, but very very weird footwork)

Paul Collingwood (Zero baxklift, was just a muscle house)

Sehwag ( Good footwork but his shots were so weird)

Non technical players have succeed in the past just letting you know.

Chanderpaul( Amazing shots, but very very weird footwork)

Paul Collingwood (Zero baxklift, was just a muscle house)

Sehwag ( Good footwork but his shots were so weird)
Sehwag had an amazing hand-eye game. Usman is nowhere near to any one of them. Chanderpaul in t20s? Not talking about test or odis here though.

Sehwag had an amazing hand-eye game. Usman is nowhere near to any one of them. Chanderpaul in t20s? Not talking about test or odis here though.
He isn't near to any of them I agree, which is why I think haris would be better suited atm

He isn't near to any of them I agree, which is why I think haris would be better suited atm
Usman needs another series to prove himself. I think he will get all games against Ireland and england. Haris's only fault was that he had a mediocre PSL that paved the way for Azam khan to come in the squad. Usman is fine to keep in the team. Cannot just dump him after 3-4 games.

Usman needs another series to prove himself. I think he will get all games against Ireland and england. Haris's only fault was that he had a mediocre PSL that paved the way for Azam khan to come in the squad. Usman is fine to keep in the team. Cannot just dump him after 3-4 games.
Bro psl doesn't really matter. Fakhar has proven as to why, granted he's batting at no 4 now which I still think is wrong but whatever ig.

Bro psl doesn't really matter. Fakhar has proven as to why, granted he's batting at no 4 now which I still think is wrong but whatever ig.
But these players got selected because of PSL only. They have no domestic background. Usman, imad, amir, all of these players have PSL performance to show. So PSL does matter here.

But these players got selected because of PSL only. They have no domestic background. Usman, imad, amir, all of these players have PSL performance to show. So PSL does matter here.
Bro yes, from a pragmatic perspective you are correct. But this is also everything that's wrong with PCB

Yes. PCB is a mess nowadays. We can expect such types of blunders every day. #RIP domestics was right afterall.
Bro the problem is not PSL, its coaching.

How can players improve if the coaching is so bad? You and I can coach better then yousaf and I'm not even kidding.

Who told yousaf that to help improve players SR, he should have a water boy from management bowl pies at 20kph so players can hit out of the park?

What a ridiculous way to improve SR? For usman khan, Yousaf's suggestion was, Bro theik sei ball ko dekho aur theik sei kehlo, like what kind of advice is that?

Next he'll tell our bowlers " Theik sei Bowling Kar" 😂.

Member Selection Committee, Wahab Riaz Speaking during the squad announcement press conference:

When asked About Usman Khan's form:

“When you move from domestic to international arena, there is a big difference. We have brought Usman Khan because we believe he is one of the best players in the domestic circuit, and his performance in the PSL has justified his selection. Success or failure is part of the game. You have to identify talent and see how much you can utilize it"

"In our view, after failing in the first two matches, the intent he showed in this match, any player would have tried to save himself, tried to play a long inning, and tried to take his time. But he played a very useful inning in the fourth T20 according to the team’s plan. We believe that he is a good talent and we should support him. No one has come into the team through a fluke, they have come through performance. This is Pakistan’s team and we have done what we thought was best. We believe that Usman Khan has a lot of potential to represent Pakistan.”​

Back