[VIDEO] "Yeh kon sa nasha pee kar baat kar raha hai ? I am a proud Indian and proud Sikh..": Harbhajan Singh responds to Inzi video

hassan918

Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Harbhajan Singh replied to Inzamam-ul-Haq's statement, where he shared a story about Harbhajan Singh who wanted to follow Maulana Tariq Jameel. This is what he said.

"Maulana Tariq Jameel used to come daily to meet us. We had a room where we used to offer prayers. He used to lead the Maghrib prayer, and then he usually spent some time talking to us. I was observing some Indian players including Irfan Pathan, Mohammad Kaif, Zaheer Khan who were asked to join us for the prayer. Some other Indian players also use to come, the didn't offer prayer they use to sit there and listen to Maulana. Harbhajan said to me one day, that my heart says that I should accept what this person "Maulana" says. He didn't know that who he was, whether he is a Maulana but he said that my heart says that I should accept what he is saying. So I said that go ahead, what's the difficulty? He said, that I stop after seeing you. I asked, why do you stop after seeing me? He said, your life isn't the same."

MG262LZ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a great time to be an Inzi supporter.

So who is lying or misremebering things here?
This is pretty interesting though. Why would someone make stuff up and why would someone try to pooh pooh something like this? It is not meant to signal one's decrease in patriotism. It is just a matter of simply someone talking about God and I am sure we can all relate to it somehow.

So who is lying or misremebering things here?
This is pretty interesting though. Why would someone make stuff up and why would someone try to pooh pooh something like this? It is not meant to signal one's decrease in patriotism. It is just a matter of simply someone talking about God and I am sure we can all relate to it somehow.
I dont think inzi is lying!

Harbhajan denied because he knew that it would be so difficult to defend this, so he prefered to simply deny it!

I dont think inzi is lying!

Harbhajan denied because he knew that it would be so difficult to defend this, so he prefered to simply deny it!
I think more importantly, it is not insulting or ridiculing someone yet Singh wanted to make sure he threw in some insults knowing fully well someone so religious like Inzi wont be drinking or doing drugs.

Inzi may have a lot of flaws but he is a deeply religious man and I hope he is not making this stuff up.

Harbhajan Singh replied to Inzamam-ul-Haq's statement, where he shared a story about Harbhajan Singh who wanted to follow Maulana Tariq Jameel. This is what he said.

"Maulana Tariq Jameel used to come daily to meet us. We had a room where we used to offer prayers. He used to lead the Maghrib prayer, and then he usually spent some time talking to us. I was observing some Indian players including Irfan Pathan, Mohammad Kaif, Zaheer Khan who were asked to join us for the prayer. Some other Indian players also use to come, the didn't offer prayer they use to sit there and listen to Maulana. Harbhajan said to me one day, that my heart says that I should accept what this person "Maulana" says. He didn't know that who he was, whether he is a Maulana but he said that my heart says that I should accept what he is saying. So I said that go ahead, what's the difficulty? He said, that I stop after seeing you. I asked, why do you stop after seeing me? He said, your life isn't the same."

MG262LZ.jpg

Could be true. But Inzi shouldn't have talked about his personal matter on public without his permission.

Still it isn't as big of a matter as Harbhajan is making out to be.

It’s not that far fetched. They have been to make stuff up on the spot to push their agenda. And even it’s true inzi should have not talked about it without harbhajan permission

Inzi had no business making the conversation or thing public knowing full well the backclash Harbhajan would face back in India.

Our ex players need to shut up.

Every second question or statement involves mention of an Indian.
It’s ok to mention India or Players not religion.. they need to just stop religious talks involving Indians.

Harbhajan had to clarify he is Sikh.. while it might make sense for Zaheer Irfan Kaif, Harbhajan should had been left out.

These ex- Pakistani cricketers have seriously lost it. How can anyone with even a single brain cell be influenced by the person Inzimam is referring to

These ex-cricketers should understand that the interviewers/hosts mostly trick them by asking stuff about India. Because India is a 1.4 billion people country

However, fault majorly lies with these ex-cricketers who couldn't get an education as they were busy playing cricket BUT atleast after all these years of world exposure, shouldn't say senseless things

Could be true. But Inzi shouldn't have talked about his personal matter on public without his permission.

Still it isn't as big of a matter as Harbhajan is making out to be.
Imagine Shardul Thakur (as the top indian players would never take our pathichar players names) saying Inzimam used to come with me to the temple

And one day, he got so impressed by the pundit that he nearly converted to Hinduism

Wouldn't be surprised if Inzimam is physically attacked and death threats made to him after this in Pakistan

Even if true, Inzimam seems to have turned off his brain before making this comment.

No common sense at all.

Looks like former Pakistani cricketers have decided to embarrass themselves as much as possible in recent days.

Even if it's true, Inzamam should have never made it public. Inzamam has always been a very respectful person, so I'm sure it was a mistake on his part to reveal something like this.

From sehwag to Razzaq now inzi why former players are losing own mind's ? Not expected from inzi as he is most sane and respected player from Pakistan.

Sad to see Inzi go down this mullah route. He was one of the good ones. Religion can make even the most decent man vile and disgusting.

Inzi had no business making the conversation or thing public knowing full well the backclash Harbhajan would face back in India.
He tried to name drop and it backfired big time!

Always had a lot of respect for Inzi. Used to think him to be one of the most sensible, thoughtful & level headed persons( a rare breed in Pakistan cricket). But with his malicious behaviour as cs, obvious breech of moral code as the director of talent management company & now this kind of stupid unnecessary clickbait remarks has forced me to change my opinion. Why did Inzi feel it alright to drag Harbhajan in this mess(even if his claims are true)? Isn't he aware of the current political dynamics in India? What did he get in return? A guy who is junior than him now openly buried his legacy, insulted him & literally called him a drunk. It's disappointing to see almost all former Pakistani crickets basically acting like subservients of their fellow Indian counterparts only for some cheap publicity.

Always had a lot of respect for Inzi. Used to think him to be one of the most sensible, thoughtful & level headed persons( a rare breed in Pakistan cricket). But with his malicious behaviour as cs, obvious breech of moral code as the director of talent management company & now this kind of stupid unnecessary clickbait remarks has forced me to change my opinion. Why did Inzi feel it alright to drag Harbhajan in this mess(even if his claims are true)? Isn't he aware of the current political dynamics in India? What did he get in return? A guy who is junior than him now openly buried his legacy, insulted him & literally called him a drunk. It's disappointing to see almost all former Pakistani crickets basically acting like subservients of their fellow Indian counterparts only for some cheap publicity.
I think the comments reflect more on Singh than they insult Inzi

Super disappointed in Inzi here. Bad few days in the office for our ex cricketers and insane statements.

Not a great time to be an Inzi supporter.

I'm surprised there are any Inzi supporters. He was an unorthodox but brilliant batsman, but as a person he always struck me as a bit troubled and reclusive when he was younger. Now he's just another mullah, he should probably steer clear of cricket topics.

I don’t get it, why should everyone convert to Islam. What is so special about Islam. It is just religion like other religions. I would never convert I am happy with the religion I am born with. Why make a big deal about converting other people to Islam.

Pakistan cricketers know how to Embrass themselves and country . No wonder cricket is going down drain . I can imagine what sort of meetings they held when their mindset is this

Very click bait article. Just watched the video and he doesn't say Harbhajan was going to convert. He said he used to hang around with us and listen to Maulana Tariq Jamil.

What's going on in India? Are Pakistani tv programs popular there now?

I think the comments reflect more on Singh than they insult Inzi
HS is the most uncouth person after Sehwag amongst former Indian cricketers. So not at all surprised by his reaction. The dude was always volatile. Add to that the current hostile atmosphere in India, he was always going to be super defensive. But Inzi is the sole responsible individual in this mess, he brought it upon himself. He is not only older & greater legend, he is far more significant in subcontinent cricket than Bhajji ever was. If someone like Akhtar, Malik, Afridi or Razzak ; Bhajji's contemporaries made such claim then at least it was somewhat understandable as those guys share rapport with him. Inzi should not have disgraced himself like this.

Okay, I, 100 agree that inzi should not drag Harbhajan into that religious conversation. Cricket and cricket players should be kept separate from religion.

However, the language Harbhajan used for a legend is beyond ethics. The best way was to politely deny.

I don’t get it, why should everyone convert to Islam. What is so special about Islam. It is just religion like other religions. I would never convert I am happy with the religion I am born with. Why make a big deal about converting other people to Islam.

Which religion is that? I am interested to hear, if there is a religon which is the truth, I would have no hesitation in converting.

Very click bait article. Just watched the video and he doesn't say Harbhajan was going to convert. He said he used to hang around with us and listen to Maulana Tariq Jamil.

What's going on in India? Are Pakistani tv programs popular there now?
The Pavilion for sure is pretty popular in India. :inti

Okay, I, 100 agree that inzi should not drag Harbhajan into that religious conversation. Cricket and cricket players should be kept separate from religion.

However, the language Harbhajan used for a legend is beyond ethics. The best way was to politely deny.

If someone says in front of your family and friends that you were close to being converted into a Hindu and used to visit temples how will you react?

Bhajji made no comments regarding inzys cricketing achiements.

The Pavilion for sure is pretty popular in India. :inti
It’s also the only one that doesn’t talk politics.
I like the one with Amir Sohail too but Sami is so dull gives good insight but should stick to non media roles.
One reason why I watch their cricket shows is because easier to learn more from otherside than our cheerleaders.

I don’t watch the dramas though, somehow I prefer Indian webseries way more.

People keep saying how Indians are becoming politically religious but our cricketers rarely talk about religion as duch.

Kapil Dev wrote a book on Sikhism but never involved anyone.

Not that strange considering the similarities between Sikhism and Islam
Sikhism is more a philosophy than a religion and the likes of kabir and bulleh shah are revered in Sikhism as well

Guru nanak was actually the one who invited Babar to India

Which religion is that? I am interested to hear, if there is a religon which is the truth, I would have no hesitation in converting.
I am a dharma follower. There is no absolute truth in any religion. Everything is relative and how it makes sense to you. So why ask some one else to convert. Religion has a good role to play in life that’s all. It is part of life Not life itself. Indians in general are more open to other religions because we have multiple faith followers. Bhajji I am guessing might have come to hear few lectures by maulana but it does not mean he might convert. I read Quran and bible to See what is written in them. Just curiosity.

I watched the video again. I dont think the discussion was around conversion at all. Most of the people in an uproar here are assuming that the topic was conversion.

If Maulana Tariq Jameel is giving a bayan after namaz or something, with most people in the gathering being Muslims, I am sure it was not a tableegh to non Muslims session, orobably a general discussion around ccertain things Muslims should be doing. Such discussions are always about good virtues such as dont lie, dont cheat, dont kill, feed the poor, etc

If you watch the whole thing in this context, you can see Harbhajan saying what he said and he did not really need to be talking about converting to Islam.

Thats just my thought. I really dont see anything wrong in this or Inzi mentioning this. As Muslim I can listen to a christian, hindu, sikh, jew, etc talking about such stuff and I might say the same thing to them, that does not mean I am going to convert.

I watched the video again. I dont think the discussion was around conversion at all. Most of the people in an uproar here are assuming that the topic was conversion.

If Maulana Tariq Jameel is giving a bayan after namaz or something, with most people in the gathering being Muslims, I am sure it was not a tableegh to non Muslims session, orobably a general discussion around ccertain things Muslims should be doing. Such discussions are always about good virtues such as dont lie, dont cheat, dont kill, feed the poor, etc

If you watch the whole thing in this context, you can see Harbhajan saying what he said and he did not really need to be talking about converting to Islam.

Thats just my thought. I really dont see anything wrong in this or Inzi mentioning this. As Muslim I can listen to a christian, hindu, sikh, jew, etc talking about such stuff and I might say the same thing to them, that does not mean I am going to convert.
Agree with you brother, response maybe was extra from singh. but in my opinion unless inzi is still is in touch with those indian cricketers and knows their current views no need to name them. People change over time and you may not know where they stand currently on these type of personal topics.

He could've just said "even some Indian players attended some lectures back then." Ad moved on.

This may have happened but best to keep such things private. Only if the other person consents should sensitive topics be made public.

I am a dharma follower. There is no absolute truth in any religion. Everything is relative and how it makes sense to you. So why ask some one else to convert. Religion has a good role to play in life that’s all. It is part of life Not life itself. Indians in general are more open to other religions because we have multiple faith followers. Bhajji I am guessing might have come to hear few lectures by maulana but it does not mean he might convert. I read Quran and bible to See what is written in them. Just curiosity.

If you are a dharma follower (which makes you a Hindu I would guess) then dharma also includes accepting other beliefs might be correct even if you don't personally believe it. In which case the question of why ask someone to convert is a bit small minded. If you want to claim Indians are more open minded then the best way to do this is show by example in your behaviour and be respectful of other beliefs regardless of whether you believe or not.

If someone says in front of your family and friends that you were close to being converted into a Hindu and used to visit temples how will you react?

Bhajji made no comments regarding inzys cricketing achiements.
Harbhajan's anger is completely understandable. What if Sehwag says that Inzamam used to visit temples with Indian players during the times Pakistan toured India, and one day he was so mesmerised by the sermon of a Hindu guru that he contemplated converting to Hinduism, would Inzamam have not reacted?

Harbhajan's anger is completely understandable. What if Sehwag says that Inzamam used to visit temples with Indian players during the times Pakistan toured India, and one day he was so mesmerised by the sermon of a Hindu guru that he contemplated converting to Hinduism, would Inzamam have not reacted?

Good point

Back