[VIDEOS] Abdul Razzaq on India's loss in the ICC World Cup 2023 Final "Honestly speaking, Cricket has won today"

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs

Abdul Razzaq speaking on a TV show

“Agar sahi baat kare toh aaj cricket jeeti hai. Aap conditions ko apni taraf utilise karke, ye kabhi bhi nahi aisa hota. Agar aaj India jeet jaati toh fir cricket jo hai naa vo India ki taraf ho jaati. Cricket ne bataya ki mai vo cricket hu jo brave hote hai, jo strong hote hai mentally, effort krte hai, jaan maarte hai, mai unke saath hu. Khushi iss cheej ki hai aaj ki agar India jeet jaati na to hume bahut jyada afsos hota iss sense mei ki vo conditions ko utilise kar rahi thi. Kuch na kuch toh hai conditions mei. Bilkul fair pitches honi chahiye, bilkul fair atmosphere hona chahiye, ki dono teams ke liye balance hona chahiye. Aaj bhi India ne advantage liya, agar Kohli 100 kar jaate toh India ye World Cup jeet jaati,"

["Cricket won today. Conditions should never be manipulated in one's favor. If India had won today, it would have been a sad moment for cricket. They took advantage of the conditions. If Kohli had scored a century, India would have won the World Cup. I'm glad that cricket prevailed today. It's important to have fair pitches and a balanced atmosphere for both teams. India took advantage again, but if Kohli had scored 100, India would have won the World Cup"]

Last edited by a moderator:
He's right.

I think at the very least because of India losing we are guaranteed a couple more ODI world cups.

However one could equally argue that cricket is alive because of India too.

Note I said alive because of India ( fans, public etc) and not BCCI.

I agree with Abdul Razzaq.

BCCI has already done enough damage to cricket with their silly IPL.

If India start winning major trophies, they may become more arrogant and influence ICC further.

Glad Aussies won the final. Them winning was good for cricket world and international cricket.

Some of these former cricketers, including out latest coach and selector, would do well to shut up.

Let me try to explain why these types of statements are kind of a norm from our ex-cricketers.

The reason is largely that these cricketers generally hail from poor backgrounds and closed environments. During their playing days they had to focus on their trainings and cricket and for everything else like media management or conducts we had a PCB official in place. Also during playing days the players genuinely tried to avoid having dirty laundry in public as this would create resentment and they would upset someone in the management which would hinder their playing chance.

Post retirement these players are now on media. Another thing you need to understand is that Pakistan media is gullible and for some reason any personal attack of sort is commended upon by like minded folks in the studio. This gullible media pushes a microphone in these ex-cricketers face and they naturally end up saying something stupid. Now this gullible media makes a headline out of that and its even picked up on social media. A day goes by and the ex-cricketer feels he is kind of famous as so many people are tagging him and he even makes international news at times. There are people asking for further comments or clarifications on his statements which makes him feel popular. The ex-cricketer never realises the distaste of his comments and instead starts relishing being infamous.

This then starts a trend known as "sasti shohrat" (cheap fame) where the ex-cricketer could not grasp cheap in there and only focuses on fame. When the trending ultimately stops in a day or week the ex-cricketer gets hit by a reality check that fame is not for lifetime. To achieve this sasti shohrat again he uses the next best occasion to for another attention grabbing slander and the unfortunate cycle continues.

We have ex-cricketers like Razzaq, Basit Ali, Amir, etc who have gathered so much cheap fame that they are kind of used to being infamous now and are like infamous celebrities. Such are their levels that they end up now getting picked to run cricket systems in our country.

A very weird statement coming from a cricketer who has played so much cricket at top level.

There is no doubt that India has played well throughout the tournament. But bravo to Australia that they still managed to win and couldn't let India use home advantage in the final.

Let me try to explain why these types of statements are kind of a norm from our ex-cricketers.

The reason is largely that these cricketers generally hail from poor backgrounds and closed environments. During their playing days they had to focus on their trainings and cricket and for everything else like media management or conducts we had a PCB official in place. Also during playing days the players genuinely tried to avoid having dirty laundry in public as this would create resentment and they would upset someone in the management which would hinder their playing chance.

Post retirement these players are now on media. Another thing you need to understand is that Pakistan media is gullible and for some reason any personal attack of sort is commended upon by like minded folks in the studio. This gullible media pushes a microphone in these ex-cricketers face and they naturally end up saying something stupid. Now this gullible media makes a headline out of that and its even picked up on social media. A day goes by and the ex-cricketer feels he is kind of famous as so many people are tagging him and he even makes international news at times. There are people asking for further comments or clarifications on his statements which makes him feel popular. The ex-cricketer never realises the distaste of his comments and instead starts relishing being infamous.

This then starts a trend known as "sasti shohrat" (cheap fame) where the ex-cricketer could not grasp cheap in there and only focuses on fame. When the trending ultimately stops in a day or week the ex-cricketer gets hit by a reality check that fame is not for lifetime. To achieve this sasti shohrat again he uses the next best occasion to for another attention grabbing slander and the unfortunate cycle continues.

We have ex-cricketers like Razzaq, Basit Ali, Amir, etc who have gathered so much cheap fame that they are kind of used to being infamous now and are like infamous celebrities. Such are their levels that they end up now getting picked to run cricket systems in our country.
all these shows are pre planned and these ex players get paid heavily to come on these shows and say controversial stuff so the show gets TRP and make money.

He's right.

I think at the very least because of India losing we are guaranteed a couple more ODI world cups.

However one could equally argue that cricket is alive because of India too.

Note I said alive because of India ( fans, public etc) and not BCCI.

Yep, India is the most fervent cricket nation, therefore it's fans are important for the game and they bring in revenue. But then Pakistan is also important to the game for much the same reasons, yet Indian authorities have tried to use their clout to damage Pakistan cricket for political reasons.

So difficult to disagree with Razzaq. Until Bharat can see the bigger picture and act as guardians of the game rather than dictators pushing their weight around, Indian victories will always be seen as a double edged sword.

The pitch came back to bite us, poor wicket for a final.

Have to agree with the statement about playing brave cricket. India simply did not, neither with the bat when we went 3 down nor when he had them 3 down. Just expecting the opposition to fold without forcing them to do so

I agree with Abdul Razzaq.

BCCI has already done enough damage to cricket with their silly IPL.

If India start winning major trophies, they may become more arrogant and influence ICC further.

Glad Aussies won the final. Them winning was good for cricket world and international cricket.
cricket is better off with league than odis and tests

Last edited by a moderator:
Allthough AR made a very stupid comment the other day it's easy to not take his comments seriously anymore, but we need to talk on merit here. He has some, not all, valid points here and I am sure many indians will also agree.

Somewhere in there, was a valid point from Razzaq...

Somewhere in there, was a valid point from Razzaq...
With all respect, his name is Abdur-Razzaq ( I know he is more known as Abdul Razzaq, but I am not sure that is grammatically correct). Anyways you know what my point is about the name Razzaq.

Agree with Abdul Razzaq.

No sporting tournament in history has been heavily set up in favour of the hosts.

Most Indians have no clue what sport it, they see cricket as some sort of new Bollywood circus esp after IPL. Imo at least 50-60k in the stadium (final) had no clue what was going on, barring 4's , 6's and wickets.

A nation which didnt allow fans of other nations to attend, should never be allowed to host such an event. But India with nearly 2 billion people, having only ONE major sport have the financial power, which they have been using to control other nations.

Aus is a true sporting nation, its a win not just for cricket but for sports in general, seeing them take the glory.

Outside Ind, everyone is happy, even those of us that hate Australia for being too good and winning too often

Outside Ind, everyone is happy, even those of us that hate Australia for being too good and winning too often
Yes, every other team was beaten by India in the tournament so no wonder they all wanted India to lose at least once. Unfortunately for India, it happened in the Final.

India dug a hole for someone else but ended up falling into it themselves.

So, to me at a certain point Razzak is quite right!

Its a shame this guy is still getting time on TV after what he said about Aishwarya and that was not the first time he gave that kind of stupid statement on live TV.

India's cricket is in decline now. In the eyes of cricket fans around the world, many were supporting Australia to win this World Cup.

So what is the point?Even if india had won the finals,ppl would have cried foul stating pitch,bcci etc....
The fact was india middle order was weak (not to the level of 2019) and till the finals india top order somehow batted well and in finals after rohits fall they were exposed and suddenly the batting order looked weak and was in the danger of being bowled out soon...

Bowlers were also not much productive or penetrative throughout the year...
They clicked as a unit in asia cup which was just before the wc....
This is the third best wc for india next to the 2 wc wins ...Definitely better than 2003

India's cricket is in decline now.

I also think that.

They are mostly reliant on Shami, Bumrah, Kohli, and Rohit. Even in 2023 WC, those 4 guys were mostly winning them games.

Once Rohit, Shami, Bumrah, and Kohli retire, I expect them to do worse.

I also think that.

They are mostly reliant on Shami, Bumrah, Kohli, and Rohit. Even in 2023 WC, those 4 guys were mostly winning them games.

Once Rohit, Shami, Bumrah, and Kohli retire, I expect them to do worse.
India will produce another set of star cricketers in their place but it will not do worse like Pakistan.

Back