[VIDEOS] An oppressed PTI was way better than current docile and toothless PTI

No room for PTI in current political landscape without ‘apology’: Ahsan Iqbal​

Federal Planning Minister Ahsan Iqbal has stated that there is no place for the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) in Pakistan's current political framework.

In an interview with an American broadcaster on Thursday, Iqbal criticised PTI's founding chairman Imran Khan for his contradictory political stance, insisting that he must apologise to the nation and its institutions. "Otherwise, there is no room for PTI in Pakistan's current political landscape," Iqbal said.

Addressing a question about negotiations with the military, the minister noted that the army has decided to distance itself from politics. "The military should not be dragged into political affairs," he said, adding that there would be no concern if discussions occur between the army and PTI.

Iqbal challenged Imran Khan to clarify what he wishes to discuss with the military, accusing him of inviting the army to interfere in politics. "Khan has admitted that the protest plan at GHQ was his idea. His political approach is full of contradictions. On one hand, he invites military intervention, and on the other, he talks about civilian supremacy."

The minister accused Khan of seeking the establishment's help to become prime minister. He noted that if an incident similar to the May 9 protests happened in the US, there would be severe repercussions. "Those convicted for the Capitol attack in the US received up to 14 years in prison. PTI is directly attacking the interests of the state of Pakistan. Such political tactics have no place in a democracy."

Iqbal emphasised that PTI must apologise to the nation and institutions to reintegrate into the political mainstream. "Without an apology, there is no room for PTI in Pakistan's current political framework," he reiterated.

He also clarified that banning a political party requires the judiciary's endorsement, not just the government's desire. "The decision to ban PTI follows their international campaign, taking the political fight to the US Congress. Any ban on PTI will be according to the law and Constitution," he said, indicating that institutions will decide the timing.

Iqbal mentioned that the government has successfully addressed China's security concerns, affirming that bilateral cooperation will not be affected by attacks. "Pakistan considers the protection of Chinese nationals its responsibility."

He concluded that balancing relations with China and the US is not challenging for Pakistan. "Neither the US nor China can afford to overlook Pakistan," he asserted.

PTI’s founding member shot dead in Lahore

According to the details, a target killing incident was reported in Lahore, in which some unidentified individuals arrived in a vehicle and shot dead Dr. Shahid Siddique, founder member of PTI and owner of a private hospital, after Friday prayer.

The police spokesperson disclosed that the PTI leader was targeted outside Khizra Mosque just after the Friday prayers in Valencia Town, while the unidentified accused manage to flee the scene after murdering Shahid Siddiqui.

Officials stated that at the time of the shooting, his son and driver were also with him, but they remained safe, meanwhile, Dr. Siddiqui suffered with four bullets and died while being transporting to the nearest hospital.

The police have collected evidence from the scene and initiated investigation to the case, According to Punjab Police spokesperson, IG Punjab Dr. Usman Anwar has issued an order to arrest the accused immediately.

It is worth mentioning here that PTI leader had a residence in Johar Town and Valencia Town, Lahore.

PTI’s founding member shot dead in Lahore

According to the details, a target killing incident was reported in Lahore, in which some unidentified individuals arrived in a vehicle and shot dead Dr. Shahid Siddique, founder member of PTI and owner of a private hospital, after Friday prayer.

The police spokesperson disclosed that the PTI leader was targeted outside Khizra Mosque just after the Friday prayers in Valencia Town, while the unidentified accused manage to flee the scene after murdering Shahid Siddiqui.

Officials stated that at the time of the shooting, his son and driver were also with him, but they remained safe, meanwhile, Dr. Siddiqui suffered with four bullets and died while being transporting to the nearest hospital.

The police have collected evidence from the scene and initiated investigation to the case, According to Punjab Police spokesperson, IG Punjab Dr. Usman Anwar has issued an order to arrest the accused immediately.

It is worth mentioning here that PTI leader had a residence in Johar Town and Valencia Town, Lahore.

New twist in PTI leader Dr Shahid’s murder in Lahore​

An important development has surfaced in the murder of PTI leader and private hospital owner Dr. Shahid Sidduqe in Lahore wherein Organized Crime Unit (OCU) Iqbal Town detained Qayyum — son of the deceased for allegedly facilitating the murder of his father via shooters.

Police sources claimed the OCU team detained Qayyum Shahid on ‘concrete evidence’ who allegedly killed his father with the help of a shooter.

The case of Dr. Shahid's murder was registered in the complaint of his second son Taimur.

As per the FIR, son Qayyum and brother Sajid were also with Dr. Shahid and when Dr. Shahid started sitting in his car, the shooter came and opened fire.

“Son Qayyum was in front of his car,” the FIR reads.

Dr. Shahid Siddique, owner of a prominent private hospital and local leader of Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), was tragically killed outside a mosque in Valencia Town, Lahore.

The incident occurred shortly after Friday prayers when an unidentified assailant fired four shots at Dr. Siddique.

According to police reports, Dr. Shahid Siddique was targeted outside the mosque, where he had just completed Friday prayers.

The motive behind the attack is under investigation, with authorities launching a thorough inquiry into various aspects, including the possibility of targeted killing.

Inspector General (IG) Punjab, Usman Anwar, has ordered immediate action to apprehend the perpetrator(s), directing all available resources towards swiftly resolving the case.

The IG has also sought a detailed report from the DIG Operations regarding the incident.

Hammad Azhar steps down as PTI’s Punjab president, cites ‘internal lobbying’​

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Hammad Azhar has announced his resignation as PTI's Punjab region president, citing internal lobbying as a key reason.

"Unfortunately, I no longer have access to Imran Khan," Azhar tweeted on Thursday, adding, "I did not hold any press conference, nor did I make any deal."

Azhar mentioned that his movements are heavily restricted, making it impossible for him to visit Adiala Jail to meet Imran Khan.

He expressed dissatisfaction with decisions made within the Punjab organisation, stating that he was neither consulted nor agreed to them. "Many decisions were based on lobbying and limited access to Imran Khan, with one-sided information being provided to him," he said.

Azhar pointed out ongoing lobbying to replace Lahore President Chaudhry Asghar, stating, "Today, they succeeded by providing Khan Sahib with misleading facts." He defended Asghar, saying his only fault was being imprisoned for two months, winning elections from Nawaz Sharif's constituency with Form 45, and being elected Lahore president three months ago.

"I can confidently say that the work Asghar did and the way he led from the front in three months was unprecedented for any Lahore president," Azhar remarked.

He highlighted several instances of injustice and wrong decisions made without Khan's knowledge. "In this situation, it is impossible for me to compromise on merit as Punjab president," Azhar said.

Azhar recalled resigning earlier for similar reasons, citing lack of access to the party chairman as a major hindrance to leadership. "Major organisational responsibilities should only be held by those who have access to the party leader so that they can communicate the full story to him," he concluded.

Azhar announced he is stepping down from his role as Punjab president but reaffirmed his loyalty to the party, saying, "I was, and will remain, a worker of Imran Khan, God willing."

After nearly a year of staying out of the public eye, Hammad Azhar made a dramatic reappearance in May, igniting tensions at the party's secretariat as police attempted to apprehend him, resulting in a heated confrontation.

Azhar, who formerly held the position of finance minister under the PTI government, had gone into hiding following a government crackdown on the party leadership last year after the May 9 incidents.

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Hammad Azhar has announced his resignation as PTI's Punjab region president, citing internal lobbying as a key reason.

"Unfortunately, I no longer have access to Imran Khan," Azhar tweeted on Thursday, adding, "I did not hold any press conference, nor did I make any deal."

Azhar mentioned that his movements are heavily restricted, making it impossible for him to visit Adiala Jail to meet Imran Khan.

He expressed dissatisfaction with decisions made within the Punjab organisation, stating that he was neither consulted nor agreed to them. "Many decisions were based on lobbying and limited access to Imran Khan, with one-sided information being provided to him," he said.

Azhar pointed out ongoing lobbying to replace Lahore President Chaudhry Asghar, stating, "Today, they succeeded by providing Khan Sahib with misleading facts." He defended Asghar, saying his only fault was being imprisoned for two months, winning elections from Nawaz Sharif's constituency with Form 45, and being elected Lahore president three months ago.

"I can confidently say that the work Asghar did and the way he led from the front in three months was unprecedented for any Lahore president," Azhar remarked.

He highlighted several instances of injustice and wrong decisions made without Khan's knowledge. "In this situation, it is impossible for me to compromise on merit as Punjab president," Azhar said.

Azhar recalled resigning earlier for similar reasons, citing lack of access to the party chairman as a major hindrance to leadership. "Major organisational responsibilities should only be held by those who have access to the party leader so that they can communicate the full story to him," he concluded.

Azhar announced he is stepping down from his role as Punjab president but reaffirmed his loyalty to the party, saying, "I was, and will remain, a worker of Imran Khan, God willing."

After nearly a year of staying out of the public eye, Hammad Azhar made a dramatic reappearance in May, igniting tensions at the party's secretariat as police attempted to apprehend him, resulting in a heated confrontation.

Azhar, who formerly held the position of finance minister under the PTI government, had gone into hiding following a government crackdown on the party leadership last year after the May 9 incidents.

PTI Lahore leadership resigns following Hammad Azhar's decision to step down​

In a major blow to Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), the leadership of PTI Lahore has resigned from their positions hours after Hammad Azhar stepped down as Punjab president on Thursday.

In a press conference held in Lahore, PTI Lahore President Chaudhry Asghar Gujjar announced his resignation from the party presidency. Alongside him, General Secretary Hafiz Zeeshan also stepped down from his responsibilities.

Gujjar expressed gratitude to the party workers, stating, "You stood by me in the struggle for the release of PTI founder Imran Khan. I am hopeful that the next president will continue the fight even better than I did."

Earlier, Hammad Azhar announced his resignation from the Punjab presidency via social media, citing limited access to Imran Khan. "I have neither held a press conference nor made any deals. My movements are highly restricted, and I cannot visit Adiala Jail," Azhar said, adding that many decisions within the Punjab organisation were made without his input or consent.

He further claimed that some decisions were based on lobbying rather than merit, with one-sided information presented to Imran Khan to manipulate the narrative.

Azhar also highlighted that there had been ongoing efforts to replace Lahore President Chaudhry Asghar Gujjar, which eventually succeeded through misinformation.

He praised Gujjar for his leadership, noting, "His only fault was being imprisoned for two months, winning the election in Nawaz Sharif's constituency on Form 45, and being elected Lahore president three months ago. I can confidently say that no previous president of Lahore led from the front as he did in these three months."

PTI core committee rejects Hammad Azhar's resignation

The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) core committee Friday rejected the resignation of the party's Punjab president Hammad Azhar.

The committee also requested PTI founder Imran Khan not to accept the resignation of Azhar. The core committee further said that Hammad Azhar himself should review the issue of resignation.

The meeting of the core committee was held under PTI chief Barrister Gohar Ali while Senator Shibli Faraz, Shoaib Shaheen, Sheikh Waqas and other leaders participated in the meeting.

It should be noted that PTI leader Hammad Azhar announced his resignation from the position of Punjab party chairman. He stated that the party’s leadership should be entrusted to those closely connected with PTI founder Imran Khan.

"Unfortunately, I am not connected to the PTI founder. I was, and always will be, a worker of Imran Khan," he said.

Azhar mentioned that he could not visit Adiala Jail due to strict surveillance of his movements and expressed disagreement with certain decisions made by the party leadership.

“It is impossible for me to continue in this situation, as I cannot go against merit,” Azhar concluded.

Dunya News

New twist in PTI leader Dr Shahid’s murder in Lahore​

An important development has surfaced in the murder of PTI leader and private hospital owner Dr. Shahid Sidduqe in Lahore wherein Organized Crime Unit (OCU) Iqbal Town detained Qayyum — son of the deceased for allegedly facilitating the murder of his father via shooters.

Police sources claimed the OCU team detained Qayyum Shahid on ‘concrete evidence’ who allegedly killed his father with the help of a shooter.

The case of Dr. Shahid's murder was registered in the complaint of his second son Taimur.

As per the FIR, son Qayyum and brother Sajid were also with Dr. Shahid and when Dr. Shahid started sitting in his car, the shooter came and opened fire.

“Son Qayyum was in front of his car,” the FIR reads.

Dr. Shahid Siddique, owner of a prominent private hospital and local leader of Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), was tragically killed outside a mosque in Valencia Town, Lahore.

The incident occurred shortly after Friday prayers when an unidentified assailant fired four shots at Dr. Siddique.

According to police reports, Dr. Shahid Siddique was targeted outside the mosque, where he had just completed Friday prayers.

The motive behind the attack is under investigation, with authorities launching a thorough inquiry into various aspects, including the possibility of targeted killing.

Inspector General (IG) Punjab, Usman Anwar, has ordered immediate action to apprehend the perpetrator(s), directing all available resources towards swiftly resolving the case.

The IG has also sought a detailed report from the DIG Operations regarding the incident.

Son confesses to orchestrating murder of PTI’s Dr. Shahid

Muhammad Qayyum, the son of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Dr. Shahid Siddique, has confessed to orchestrating his father’s murder.

The shooter involved in Dr. Siddique’s assassination has been apprehended, DIG Organised Crime Unit, Imran Kishwar said during a press conference. The investigation revealed that Muhammad Qayyum, alongside accomplices Nawaz Ali, Muhammad Sajjad, Muhammad Shahid, and Saqlain Aslam, were behind the plot to kill PTI leader Dr. Shahid Siddique.

Muhammad Qayyum admitted to hiring the assassins due to a personal grievance, striking a deal worth Rs40 million to have his father killed, according to DIG Kishwar. All individuals involved, including the shooters, have been arrested, and the murder weapon has been recovered.

Dr. Shahid Siddique was fatally shot on August 2 in Lahore, Punjab, an incident that sent shockwaves through the community.

According to police, Qayyum had been planning to kill his father due to a dispute over his marriage. Qayyum had wanted to marry a woman of his choice, but his father had refused.

In January, Qayyum had attacked his father but failed to kill him. He then hired a shooter to kill his father, and the deal was made for 50 lakh rupees, the second attack was carried out for 2 crore rupees.

On the day of the incident, Qayyum was seen riding his car behind his father’s vehicle.

The police have found footage of Qayyum’s car following his father’s vehicle. After the murder, Qayyum had been demanding justice for his father’s killing and even led his father’s funeral prayer.

NA speaker forms committee to probe PTI MNA Afridi's 'misogynist remarks'

National Assembly Speaker Ayaz Sadiq on Saturday formed a special committee to probe the matter of "misogynist" remarks passed by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) MNA Iqbal Afridi during a standing committee meeting a day earlier.

During a meeting of the National Assembly Standing Committee on Power on Friday, MNA Afridi objected to the attire of a representative from the power utility and called for adherence to the modest dress code followed by female lawmakers.

Chaired by Mohammad Idris, Afridi expressed his disapproval, stating, “Chairman, the woman’s attire is inappropriate. There should be a standard operating procedure for dress code in the National Assembly committee.”

However, the PTI lawmaker drew sharp rebuke from other ruling parties’ members and attendees present at the session including Information Minister Attaullah Tarar, Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Senator Sherry Rehman and Sindh Government spokesperson Barrister Arsalan Islam Shaikh.

Sherry condemned Afridi’s objection to the woman’s attire. “The objection raised by Iqbal Afridi to the woman’s attire in the committee meeting is strongly condemnable. The woman earned her place in that room through her competence and abilities, which should have been respected by all committee members. Women should be evaluated based on their ideas and contributions, not their appearance,” she said in response to Afridi’s comments.

“The speaker of the National Assembly should also demand an apology from him. This behaviour is entirely unacceptable at all levels,” she added.

A statement issued today said the NA speaker has taken notice of Afridi's remarks and expressed displeasure over his act.

The probe committee has been formed to unearth facts related to the incident.

The committee led by Federal Law Minister Senator Azam Nazeer Tarar comprises Naveed Qamar, Amin ul Haque, Malik Muhammad Aamir Dogar and Maulana Abdul Ghafoor Haidari.

The committee will have the authority to include five women members from the parliamentary parties, the statement said adding that the committee is required to submit a report to the speaker in 15 days.

PTI loses two NA seats as PML-N members reinstated​

The National Assembly Secretariat has delisted two Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) members while reinstating the memberships of two Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) lawmakers, Express News reported.

The Secretariat revoked the membership of PTI's Rana Muhammad Faraz Noon and Chaudhry Bilal Ejaz, removing them from the assembly roster.

Conversely, the assembly memberships of PML-N representatives Abdul Rehman Khan Kanju and Izhar Qayyum have been restored. Both members were re-included in the party's official list.

Following these changes, PML-N’s presence in the National Assembly has increased from 108 to 110 seats, while PTI’s numbers have dropped from 84 to 82.

The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) reinstated the memberships of the two PML-N lawmakers based on a Supreme Court directive.

Source: The Express Tribune

PTI defies NOC revocation, vows to hold Islamabad rally despite security concerns​

The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has vowed to proceed with its planned rally in Islamabad on Thursday, despite the cancellation of the non-objection certificate (NOC) previously granted to the party.

Amir Mughal, President of PTI Islamabad, confirmed that while the district administration has rescinded the permission, the party remains committed to holding the event.

“The protest will take place as scheduled,” Mughal asserted, emphasising that peaceful political protest is a constitutional right.

The district administration's decision to revoke the NOC was based on a report from the district intelligence committee.

This move was finalised in a meeting chaired by Islamabad Chief Commissioner Chaudhry Mohammad Ali Randhawa, with the NOC initially issued by Deputy Commissioner Islamabad under scrutiny.

Islamabad Inspector General of Police (IGP) Ali Nasir Rizvi highlighted the heightened security risks during the meeting, noting that the Bangladesh cricket team is currently in the capital, which complicates crowd management for the PTI gathering.

The administration also cited recent incidents, such as protesters approaching the Supreme Court building, as reasons for the heightened security concerns, ultimately leading to the withdrawal of permission for the rally.

This development comes just a day before the protest, as announced by Barrister Muhammad Ali Saif, adviser to the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa chief minister on information.

PTI chairman and former prime minister Imran Khan had resolved to hold the rally in Islamabad on August 22, marking a significant event in the party’s ongoing campaign.

Information Minister Attaullah Tarar expressed skepticism about the opposition party being allowed to hold the rally, citing their history.

He also referenced the peaceful sit-in recently conducted by Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) against inflated electricity bills, which was not permitted to enter Islamabad, suggesting that similar restrictions might apply to PTI.

In contrast, PTI leader Sher Afzal Marwat declared that the rally will proceed regardless of government opposition, stating that the caravan from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa would be so large that no force can stop it.

Marwat assured that the rally would be peaceful, with participants unarmed, but warned that any violence or firing would provoke a nationwide response.

PTI leadership accused of having ‘no intentions’ to secure Imran Khan’s release​

Aleema Khan, the sister of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) founder Imran Khan, castigated the current party leadership, saying they have no "real intention" of securing the former prime minister’s release.

The remarks came in response to PTI’s decision to put off its today's public gathering in Islamabad and reschedule it for September 8 as the local administration cancelled the no-objection certificate (NOC) and sealed roads leading to the federal capital.

PTI Chairman Barrister Gohar Khan confirmed the development and said the public gathering would now be held on September 8, as per the instruction of Imran Khan.

A short audio clip, purportedly featuring the voice of Aleema Khan, is making rounds on social media, expressing disappointment over the postponement of the rally.

She questioned the visit of Azam Swati, a senior PTI leader, to Imran early in the morning and asked: “Who instructed him [Swati] to meet Khan at 7am and deliver a message regarding the rally’s postponement.”

Aleema further said that why they were consulting the PTI founder, who is currently incarcerated at Rawalpindi's Adiala Jail, criticising the current leadership for lacking the courage to make decisions.

She alleged that the present PTI leadership has no real intention of freeing the former premier from jail and “is using his name while making decisions independently”.

Her remarks were the latest in a series of broadsides launched against the present PTI leadership.

Earlier, former federal minister Fawad Chaudhry had said there was "no chance" of the incarcerated party founder’s release in the presence of the current PTI leadership.

“[Due to] lack of political strategy of current PTI leadership, all of us are suffering," said the former senior vice-president of the party, who parted with Imran following May 9 violent protests that saw attacks on public and military installations.

The former federal minister had said Barrister Gohar-led party's leaders only doing commentary on verdicts of different cases against jailed party leaders.

He was of the view that “eligible” politicians like Shah Mahmood Qureshi, Pervaiz Elahi, and Asad Qaiser should lead the party. Fawad, who is also a lawyer, urged the top PTI leaders to stop “foolish talks” expecting the early release of the PTI founder as a result of the court battles.

Khawaja Asif castigates 'coward' PTI for postponing Islamabad rally

Minister for Defence Khawaja Asif on Sunday claimed that the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) had postponed the August 22 rally in Islamabad over "fear of rejection" from the masses.

The Imran Khan-led former ruling party put off its public gathering in the federal capital and rescheduled it for September 8 as the local administration revoked the no-objection certificate (NOC) and sealed roads leading to Islamabad.

PTI leaders Gohar Ali Khan and Azam Swati had claimed that the gathering was deferred on instructions of the PTI founder after they met the incarcerated former prime minister at 7am in Rawalpindi's Adiala Jail ahead of the much-hyped public rally.

However, several party leaders — including Imran's sister Aleema Khan — contradicted the top leaders' statements.

Speaking to journalists today, the defence minister claimed that Imran would not have cancelled the rally, if it was meant to be "successful", dismissing the notion of the establishment's interference in the PTI's decision.

Currently, he also said, the PTI wants to build another "false narrative" to desperately save its diminishing popularity.

Asif claimed that rifts within the PTI were evident following the abrupt cancellation of the rally, pointing out "contradictory remarks" of Imran, Bushra Bibi, Aleema Khan and Raoof Hasan.

Aleema had expressed a lack of confidence in the current PTI leadership, saying that they have no "real intention" of freeing the ousted premier from jail, who was removed from power via a parliamentary vote in April 2022.

In a short audio clip, she also questioned why Swati paid a visit to Imran early in the morning and who instructed him to do so.

Meanwhile, the defence czar also lambasted the former ruling party for denying involvement in the May 9 riots — wherein military installations came under attack after the former PM was arrested.

"The faces of the elements involved in the vandalism can be indisputably recognised in the videos," he said, referring to the PTI leaders who were recorded protesting on May 9, 2023.

In response to a question regarding Imran's meeting with Swati in Adiala Jail, Asif said: "Meetings or conversations in jail cannot remain a secret, your every movement is recorded."

"Work is being carried out on foreign agenda," he said, adding that they would vigorously fight it and defend Pakistan's national unity.

He also labelled Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Chief Minister Ali Amin Gandapur, 'Buzdar 2' and said he has even surpassed the former Punjab chief executive in terms of failure of governance.

"A blame game is underway in the PTI-led province as his [Gandapur] cabinet members are calling him [a] thieve," he added.

Responding to another question, the federal minister said that it doesn't matter whether the Democrats or the Republicans come into power in the United States. "We have to change our fate ourselves, the US cannot."

Aleema, Bushra not taking over PTI: Saif​

K-P's Advisor for Information and Public Relations, Barrister Dr Muhammad Ali Saif, in response to a statement by Federal Minister for Information, Atta Tarar, said that the rumors about Aleema Khan and Bushra Bibi taking over the party might be a wish of the "mandate-stealing government", but there is no truth to it.

"The party belongs to Imran Khan, and he is personally overseeing all matters. Under the leadership of Imran Khan, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf is united, organised, and cohesive."

In a response issued from his office, he stated that the "incompetent government" is propagating lies about Bushra Bibi and Aleema Khan.

Imran Khan's sister Aleema Khan enters politics, vows to campaign for PTI founder’s release​

Aleema Khan the sister of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) founding chairperson Imran Khan has stepped into active politics, party sources confirmed on Saturday.

Aleema Khan made an unannounced visit to Peshawar and Mardan, where she met with imprisoned and disgruntled PTI workers.

The workers expressed their grievances, particularly against party leaders including K-P CM Ali Amin Gandapur and others.

During her meetings, Aleema pledged to launch a campaign for the release of the PTI founder, working alongside party workers.

Last week, Aleema Khan accused the current party leadership of having no intention of freeing him from jail.

Her comments came in response to the postponement of today's PTI rally in Tarnol, Islamabad.

Aleema Khan questioned why Azam Swati, a PTI leader, visited Imran Khan early in the morning and who instructed him to deliver the message about the rally postponement.

She expressed skepticism about the feasibility of such a meeting at 7:30 AM at Adiala Jail and alleged that the decision to cancel the rally was made under pressure from the establishment.

She criticised the current PTI leadership for not having the courage to face the party's supporters and for making decisions without consulting the founder.

Aleema Khan claimed that the leadership has no real intention of securing Imran Khan's release and is instead using his name while making decisions independently.

It is worth noting that has PTI formed a committee to resolve internal conflicts within the party, with former President Arif Alvi appointed as its head, as per sources on Sunday.

According to sources, Arif Alvi will lead the committee and is expected to present recommendations within a week to address the ongoing disputes.

He will meet with dissenting leaders to hear their concerns and work towards reconciliation.

The party has been facing increasing tensions at both the central and provincial levels.

PTI recently revoked the basic membership of former Senior Vice President and National Assembly member Sher Afzal Marwat.

PTI announces public gathering at Minar-e-Pakistan

The PTI submitted a request to the district administration for permission to hold the rally. The request, sent by PTI Secretary General Omar Ayub, cited relevant articles and Supreme Court decisions regarding rally permissions.

PTI Secretary General Omar Ayub submitted an application to the Lahore administration, seeking permission to hold the public gathering at Minar-e-Pakistan on September 15

Earlier, the PTI postponed its August 27 power show in Lahore due to non-issuance of permission.

The Imran Khan-led party had also canceled the Islamabad Public gathering on August after the administration once again revoked the No Objection Certificate (NOC).

The public gathering was scheduled to be held in Tarnol on August 22 but the PTI had to cancel as the administration revoked the NOC.

The decision to revoke the NOC was made in a meeting of the Intelligence Committee chaired by the Chief Commissioner Islamabad. The district administration maintained that religious parties have also called for protests, adding that permission for the public gathering cannot be granted in such circumstances.

Earlier, the PTI announced that it will hold power show in three major cities

Addressing a flag-hoisting ceremony at the DC Office Buner, PTI Chairman Barrister Gohar Ali Khan said that the party will be holding public gatherings in three major cities including Islamabad, Lahore, and Karachi.

He said that the PTI will hold rallies in the three major cities after their power show in Swabi.

Barrister Gohar said that the PTI will continue to struggle for the release of its founder Imran Khan on all fronts. “We will strive for Imran Khan’s release in courts as well as public gatherings,” the PTI Chairman added.

Not in favour of talks with PTI: Khawaja Asif​

Defence Minister Khawaja Asif has expressed his opposition to engaging in negotiations with Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI).

During a key advisory meeting of the Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz) held under the chairmanship of Nawaz Sharif at the party secretariat in Model Town, Lahore, Asif made his position clear.

Responding to media queries after the meeting, Asif stated, “I am not in favour of talks with PTI.”

He further clarified that he is not part of any team involved in negotiations with PTI through Mahmood Achakzai.

Recent media reports suggest that the Pakistan Muslim League (N) has been in contact with Mahmood Khan Achakzai to explore indirect negotiations with PTI, with the party leadership assigning Rana Sanaullah, the Prime Minister’s advisor on political affairs, to engage with Achakzai for this purpose.

Achakzai, representing PkMAP, was elected in April as head of an alliance—the Tehreek-e-Tahaffuz-e-Ain—also comprising the PTI, the SIC, the MWM, and the BNP-M. The PTI had later announced expanding the alliance to include all opposition parties.

However, Asif distanced himself from these efforts, reiterating his opposition to such negotiations.

PTI reschedules public gathering at Minar-e-Pakistan

According to details, the Imran Khan-founded party has now decided to hold public gathering at Minar-e-Pakistan on September 22.

The PTI sought permission for the public gathering at Minar-e-Pakistan on September 22 from the Deputy Commissioner. PTI Secretary General Omar Ayub submitted the request through Barrister Ahmad Salman Niazi.

Earlier, the party sought permission to hold the public gathering in September but the date has been changed to September 22 in respect of the 12th Rabi-ul-Awwal.

Earlier, the PTI postponed its August 27 power show in Lahore due to non-issuance of permission.

The Imran Khan-led party had also canceled the Islamabad Public gathering on August after the administration once again revoked the No Objection Certificate (NOC).

The public gathering was scheduled to be held in Tarnol on August 22 but the PTI had to cancel as the administration revoked the NOC.

The decision to revoke the NOC was made in a meeting of the Intelligence Committee chaired by the Chief Commissioner Islamabad. The district administration maintained that religious parties have also called for protests, adding that permission for the public gathering cannot be granted in such circumstances.

Earlier, the PTI announced that it will hold power show in three major cities

Addressing a flag-hoisting ceremony at the DC Office Buner, PTI Chairman Barrister Gohar Ali Khan said that the party will be holding public gatherings in three major cities including Islamabad, Lahore, and Karachi.

He said that the PTI will hold rallies in the three major cities after their power show in Swabi.

Barrister Gohar said that the PTI will continue to struggle for the release of its founder Imran Khan on all fronts. “We will strive for Imran Khan’s release in courts as well as public gatherings,” the PTI Chairman added.

PTI granted permission for Sept 8 rally in Islamabad under 42 conditions​

Islamabad's district administration has issued a No Objection Certificate (NOC) to Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) for its planned rally on September 8, subject to 42 conditions.

The NOC was issued in the name of PTI's district president, Aamir Mughal, who had submitted the request for permission to hold the event.

According to the notification, PTI has been granted permission to hold the rally at Paswal Road, Sangjani. Participants will be required to use specific routes designated by the administration to reach the venue.

For those travelling from Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, the convoys will enter Islamabad via the M-1 motorway through the AWT Interchange, but vehicles will not be allowed beyond Paswal Road. Convoys coming from the GT Road will use the Burhan Interchange to access the M-1, following the same route.

The notification further states that convoys from Punjab will take the GT Road to Rawat, then use Chak Beli Road to reach Chakri Interchange and the M-2 motorway before arriving at Paswal Road.

The administration confirmed that all other routes leading to the rally venue from Islamabad will remain closed, except for Margalla Avenue, which will be open for local residents heading to the event.

Last week, PTI founder Imran Khan had urged the people of the country to attend the party's rally in Islamabad on September 8.

He called on supporters to defy any obstacles that might be created to prevent them from participating in the event.

Imran said that the PTI rally in Islamabad would take place as per schedule.

"Now, there will be a gathering in Islamabad on September 8. I am asking the entire nation to come out on September 8. Do not tolerate any obstruction on that day," he said.

PTI core committee finalises strategy for September 8 rally​

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has finalised its strategy for the upcoming September 8 rally, as the party’s core committee convened under the chairmanship of Barrister Gohar on Friday.

According to Express News, the meeting addressed the country’s current political situation, including the implications of the recent NAB amendments verdict. The committee discussed the possibility of filing petitions against the Toshakhana reference filed against PTI founder Imran Khan and his wife, Bushra Bibi, following today’s verdict by the apex court.

Sources revealed that the core committee has devised a plan to mobilise workers and the public from across the country to gather at Sangjani for the Islamabad rally. PTI’s members of the national and provincial assemblies have been tasked with bringing supporters from their respective constituencies.

The committee also resolved to firmly oppose any bills or legislation related to the judiciary. Additionally, the possibility of ending cases against the party founder and Bushra Bibi, in light of the NAB amendments, was discussed.

The PTI core committee strongly condemned the recent police raid on a party candidate’s meeting and reaffirmed its commitment to holding the rally at Sangjani on September 8.

Yesterday, Islamabad’s district administration granted a No Objection Certificate (NOC) for the rally, subject to 42 conditions. The permission allows the rally to be held at Paswal Road, Sangjani, with specific routes designated for participants to reach the venue.

Supporters from Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa will enter Islamabad via the M-1 motorway, while those coming from Punjab will follow routes through the GT Road and Chakri Interchange.

PTI founder Imran Khan had called on the nation to defy any obstacles and attend the rally, stating, "Now, there will be a gathering in Islamabad on September 8. I am asking the entire nation to come out on September 8. Do not tolerate any obstruction on that day."

PTI founder approves Omar Ayub resignation from party office

PTI’s Omar Ayub’s resignation as the party’s secretary general has been approved amid reshuffle and restructuring decided by the party’s leadership.

Omar Ayub, who is also the Leader of Opposition, in the National Assembly has stated that he had asked the party associate Shibli Faraz to deliver his resignation from the party office to the PTI’s founder during his meeting with him.

“I am thankful for the party founder for approval of my resignation,” he said. “I had tendered my resignation from the office of secretary general on September 05, which has been approved by the party’s leader,” Ayub further said.

He said, he had earlier also resigned on June 22, which was not approved.

“It was a workload as being the opposition leader, attending cases hearings, work as the secretary general and looking over constitutional matters,” Omar Ayub said.

“I will continue to work as a party worker alongside the founder of the PTI,” he added.

The PTI’s founder has made key decisions with regard to the party’s administrative structure and delegated responsibility of the practical politics to Salman Akram Raja, party sources said. “Salman Akram Raja has been nominated the party’s secretary general and he will hold the office,” according to sources.

The PTI’s founder has separated the parliamentary affairs and practical politics. “Opposition Leader Omar Ayub and Senator Shibli Faraz will lead the parliamentary team while Raoof Hassan will lead the think tank,” sources added.

Salman Akram Raja appointed PTI’s new secretary general

According to sources, the former prime minister has separated parliamentary affairs from party’s political matters.

Opposition Leader Omar Ayub and Senator Shibli Faraz will lead the parliamentary team, while political responsibilities will be look over by Salman Akram Raja who has been appointed secretary general of PTI.

A think tank will be formed under the leadership of Raoof Hasan who will oversee the issuance of a white paper on government performance and electoral matters.

The notification of new appointments would be issued after Islamabad rally, they say.

PTI rallies under new law's watchful eye​

The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) is all set to flex its political muscles today in Islamabad under the looming shadow of the freshly minted Public Order and Peaceful Assembly Bill 2024.

With President Asif Ali Zardari having inked the bill into law on Saturday, the political stage gained a new twist.

Nonetheless, with the clock ticking, the party readied the federal capital on the eve of the rally, with key party leaders overseeing the preparations at a site near the Sangjani Cattle Market.

PTI Chairman Barrister Gohar, alongside other key party figures including Omer Ayub and Asad Qaiser, pulled out all the stops to ensure the event's success.

On Friday, the Islamabad district administration gave the green light with a no-objection certificate (NOC), clearing the way for today's event.

Speaking to the media at the rally site, Barrister Gohar Khan said the party will hold a peaceful rally, urging the authorities to avoid creating hurdles.

"Our rally will be peaceful, and we have an NOC. No obstacles should be placed in our way," he said.

He pointed out the rally is for the public, votes and true freedom.

In addition, PTI leader Asad Qaiser along with PKMAP chief Mehmood Khan Achakzai held a presser at the rally's venue on Saturday.

The PTI leader said the capital is set to host a historical gathering. He appealed to all Pakistanis particularly the residents of twin cities to attend the PTI rally.

"If you don't have a car, come to the rally point on foot by scaling all obstacles," Qaiser urged.

He said the real objective of the rally is to liberate PTI, adding, "The government will attempt to erect hurdles but you have to come out at all costs."

He asserted that the government was attempting to introduce a judicial package to exert its influence on the judiciary.

He urged the bar councils to also take to the streets for their rights, adding that the PTI MNAs were being intimidated to support the judicial package.

They are pushing the country towards anarchy, said the PTI leader.

The PTI leadership has asked workers and supporters to gather at the rally venue by 2pm.

Interestingly, holding a successful power show has become a challenge for PTI in the wake of the cancellation of the August 22 rally at the eleventh hour.

The cancellation of the rally had created rifts among the party leaders. Even, PTI founder's sister Aleema Khan had expressed concern over cancellations of the event at the last moment.

Meanwhile, President Zardari signed the Public Order and Peaceful Assembly Bill 2024 bill on Saturday. After bearing the signature of the President, it has turned into a law.

Earlier, the bill sailed through both the houses - Senate and National Assembly - despite strong opposition criticism.

The law introduces penalties for holding gatherings without permission in Islamabad, with violators facing up to three years in prison and fines.

It also stipulates a 10-year jail term for repeat offences.

Irfan Siddique clears air on talks with PTI

Senator Irfan Siddiqui of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) Sunday emphasized the need for collective efforts to address Pakistan’s economic challenges and extended an invitation to all stakeholders to contribute suggestions for achieving economic stability.

As per details, Siddiqui also made it clear that his party leadership will not compromise on the incident that occurred on May 9, indicating a firm stance on the matter.

Senator Irfan Siddiqui’s statement also conveyed a strong message regarding the incident on May 9, asserting that the PML-N leadership will not waver in their stance.

Senator Siddiqui is signalling that any discussions or negotiations will not come at the cost of compromising on this issue. The senator also clarified that the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party’s claims about PML-N holding or offering talks are misleading and untrue.

He emphasized that no specific agenda has been discussed or raised with any party, contradicting PTI’s assertions.

Senator Irfan Siddiqui has voiced concerns regarding the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s (PTI) alleged involvement in the May 9 incident, questioning the actions of those responsible and calling for a thorough investigation to ensure accountability.

He has also stressed that the country’s economy requires political stability and has invited all stakeholders to contribute suggestions for achieving economic stability.

The police on Monday arrested Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chairman Barrister Gohar outside the Parliament House

Earlier, PTI's firebrand leader Sher Afzal Marwat was also taken into custody.

The PTI leader was arrested outside the Parliament House along with his security guard. According to details, the PTI leader was shifted to Secretariat police station.

Imran Khan defends K-P CM, urges PTI to remove 'cowards' who apologised for Gandapur​

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) founding leader Imran Khan has defended Ali Amin Gandapur and the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister's controvertial remarks that have landed him in hot water recently.

Talking about the K-P CM's incendiary remarks, Khan claimed that Gandapur had merely expressed the 'nation's sentiments.'

'Party members who had apologised for Gandapur’s remarks are weak cowards,, they should not remain in the PTI,' Imran Khan said.

Imran Khan also stated that the establishment has deceived them, and he is closing the doors to negotiations with all parties from today.

Speaking informally with journalists at Adiala Jail, he said that from today he is instructing his party not to engage in any discussions with the establishment.

The establishment has deceived us, and from today, I am closing the doors to negotiations with the establishment and any other party.

He mentioned that he had allowed six party leaders to negotiate with the establishment, but he has never stopped anyone from engaging in dialogue.

The date and NOC for the September 8 rally were provided by the establishment, and whether we get permission or not, we will hold the rally in Lahore on September 21.

Responding to allegations from Faisal Vawda regarding involvement in the murder of journalist Arshad Sharif, the former PTI leader denied any wrongdoing and called for an open trial to reveal the truth.

"Everyone knows who Faisal Vawda is speaking for."

Imran Khan alleged that Faisal Vawda used to follow him around, trying to arrange a meeting with General Faisal Naseer.

Asad Qaiser questions proposed amendment in constitution'

“Which legislation made in the dark of night, who would accept if the constitution being amended under duress,” PTI leader asked in his statement.

“Mr. Bilawal, is it the democracy? In this manner laws made. The Parliament has been turned into a rubber stamp,” he observed.

He said a hurried legislation has no legitimacy. “Don’t know who gives them orders, they are in such a hurry”, he said.

“The constitutional amendments’ draft yet to be shared with us”, he said.

“When the draft has been shared with Fazlur Rehman, it should also be shared with us,” Qaiser said. “Despite our reservations over the assembly, if there will be any positivity, we can consider it” PTI leader added.

Earlier, PTI’s Chairman Barrister Gohar Ali Khan said, it is a crucial legislation, which should be made in the best interest of the country and the nation.

“The draft of the legislation is not in front of us, we will first read it and then decide,” in an exclusive conversation, he remarked.

PTI will first read and then decide on legislation: Gohar

Barrister Gohar Ali Khan has said, it is a crucial legislation, which should be made in the best interest of the country and the nation.

“The draft of the legislation is not in front of us, we will first read it and then decide,” in an exclusive conversation, main opposition party PTI’s Chairman remarked.

He said Maulana Fazlur Rehman didn’t discuss with us about any offer. “Some time you accept a political office as part of your politics,” PTI leader said.

“Maulana Fazlur Rehman has taken a principled stance and standing over it that any legislation with regard to the judiciary should not be extraordinary,” Barrister Gohar said.

He said, Maulana has taken stand that the judges age limit should not be increased. “There is also talk about rotation of Islamabad High Court judges, this will restrict the judiciary”, he said.

“It will be inappropriate, if a judge being transferred without consent,” he added.

Ruling PML-N is trying to take the political parties in Parliament on board to get the parliamentary majority required for passage of the constitutional bill, not yet made public.

JIT summons PTI's Jibran Ilyas in anti-state social media campaign​

According to sources, a meeting of the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) was held under the chairmanship of IG Islamabad Syed Ali Nasir Rizvi. The JIT has so far included eight individuals in the investigation, and Jibran Ilyas has been summoned for the next meeting.

Jibran Ilyas is believed to play a crucial role in the harmful and destructive campaign. Substantial evidence has been found regarding his associates, and further evidence is being collected.

Jibran Ilyas was born in Pakistan but moved to Chicago in his teens. He is a cybersecurity expert working on data breaches for Google and teaches digital forensics at Northwestern University. He began volunteering for Imran Khan’s party in 2011 and became its social media lead in 2022, coordinating its digital strategy from Chicago.

Sources indicate that Jibran Ilyas, while based outside Pakistan, is a significant player in the negative and destructive campaign against state institutions on social media, collaborating with both internal and external elements. He is involved in spreading unrest, disrupting law and order, and fostering hatred among the public through various means.

Since February 17, 2024, X (formerly Twitter) has been largely inaccessible in Pakistan. The Ministry of Interior (MoI) submitted a response to the Islamabad High Court (IHC), citing national security concerns and X's refusal to comply with requests under the Removal and Blocking of Unlawful Online Content as the primary reasons for this restriction.

PTI lawyers protest outside Supreme Court, raise slogans against CJP​

A group of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) lawyers staged a protest outside the Supreme Court of Pakistan on Monday, raising slogans against Chief Justice Qazi Faez Isa.

The demonstration was organised on the instructions of PTI's founding chairman, Imran Khan, and was aimed at voicing dissatisfaction with the judiciary.

The protest created significant disruptions in the city, with the Red Zone sealed off and containers placed on major roads leading to long traffic queues, particularly on the Express Highway.

Many commuters, including office workers and students, were stuck in the resulting traffic jam.

PTI lawyers managed to bypass the barriers and gather outside the Supreme Court, where they were met with a heavy police presence. The lawyers carried a symbolic effigy of Chief Justice Isa and chanted slogans criticising the judiciary's recent actions.

Speaking to the media, PTI Chairman Barrister Gohar, a prominent PTI lawyer, called the protest a defence of judicial integrity.

"The Supreme Court is responsible for protecting the rights of the people. Whenever there has been an attempt to divide the judiciary, lawyers have come forward," Gohar said. He also criticised the government's handling of the protest, remarking that the country had become a “container-land” due to the excessive road blockages.

The protest marks the latest in a series of demonstrations by PTI lawyers, who have expressed concerns about constitutional amendments and judicial reforms currently under consideration.

Tensions flared in the Supreme Court during a hearing on the interpretation of Article 63-A, when a lawyer representing Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) threatened the five-member larger bench.

The incident occurred when PTI’s counsel, Tayyab Mustafain Kazmi, told the court that 500 PTI lawyers were standing outside, ready to prevent any ruling against the party.

Chief Justice Qazi Faez Isa, presiding over the bench, swiftly responded by calling for police to maintain order.

He firmly rejected the attempt to intimidate the court, stating, “Do you want institutions to be run through threats? My only fault is that I have always shown patience.”

The hearing, which was part of the review petition on the Supreme Court’s interpretation of Article 63A, saw heightened emotions as Kazmi criticised the bench's legality and issued strong remarks against the judiciary.

Chief Justice Isa remained resolute despite his warnings, asserting that the court would not tolerate threats or disrespect.

“You cannot run the courts through intimidation. We will continue with the proceedings, no matter how much opposition we face,” the Chief Justice added, signalling that the judiciary would uphold its independence.

Justice Jamal Khan Mandokhail, also part of the bench, expressed concern over the growing trend of targeting judges when decisions do not favour specific parties.

“This behaviour is unacceptable. We are here for the integrity of the institution, not for money or power. The judiciary must remain independent,” he said.

Kazmi's outburst led to a temporary adjournment, and he eventually left the courtroom, refusing to continue his arguments.

Chief Justice Isa, in response, remarked that such incidents only undermine the judiciary’s role and expressed disappointment in the disrespect shown towards the bench.

The five-member bench, which includes Justices Amin-ud-Din Khan, Jamal Khan Mandokhail, Naeem Akhtar Afghan, and Mazhar Alam Miankhel, continued to hear the case after the disruption.

The Article 63-A review petition, filed by PTI, questions lawmakers' disqualification for defying party directives during voting.

The case has drawn significant attention due to its implications for party discipline and political dynamics in Pakistan.

Back