[VIDEOS] As a neutral fan, who are you supporting in the ICC T20 World Cup 2024 final between South Africa and India?

As a neutral fan, who are you supporting in the ICC T20 World Cup 2024 final between South Africa an

• Total voters

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
A big day is coming up as we approach the final of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024. The stage is set for an epic showdown between India and South Africa, two formidable teams that have demonstrated exceptional skill and strategy, remaining undefeated throughout the tournament. This match isn’t just a final; it’s a clash of titans who have left no stone unturned in their quest for glory.

This Proteas team appears unfazed by pressure, having entered the final without dropping a single game. Similarly, the Indian cricket team remains undefeated, with South Africa securing eight wins and India seven, their match against Canada having been abandoned due to rain.

As someone who doesn’t favor any side, it’s all about enjoying the game. As a neutral fan, the question arises - who to support?

Please vote and share your thoughts as well.​

India have played good cricket, and after 10 years of winning nothing, i think they finally deserve to win it.

This time the opposition is again different but a much easier one.

South africa isnt really a quality side and their win margins werent huge.

So expecting and also backing india to win this one easily

South africa isnt really a quality side and their win margins werent huge.

They won 8 out of 8. They also beat England, Sri Lanka, and host West Indies.

You can't go to final undefeated if you are not a quality side. Don't you think?

Both team are coming after demolished every teams to reached in finale.

Most of the neutral fans will be support to South Africa

They won 8 out of 8. They also beat England, Sri Lanka, and host West Indies.

You can't go to final undefeated if you are not a quality side. Don't you think?
Naa, they will choke. Compared to india, their wins werent that big. India completely dominated the teams and rohit is back in form.

Its Indias cup to win

No one except Indians support India. Even among Indians, there are many who would want India to lose ( I have done that many times).

So it is not even a question. Every non Indian and every neutral Indian would be supporting South Africa.

No one except Indians support India. Even among Indians, there are many who would want India to lose ( I have done that many times).

So it is not even a question. Every non Indian and every neutral Indian would be supporting South Africa.
Who are the neutral Indians?

SA but because I think winning your first ever event is better then winning an event after 11 years.

I don't have any issues with India though. I'll be happy if India wins. I'd only be tearing India apart if the final was against Australia 👀

India.

I want drastic, extreme changes in Pakistan cricket.

This is only possible when Pakistan as a nation are forced their hand due to India’s success. If India lose, Pakistan will just brush everything under the carpet because their riwayati hareef hasn’t won anything still!

Enough is enough!

India.

This is only possible when Pakistan as a nation are forced their hand due to India’s success. If India lose, Pakistan will just brush everything under the carpet because their riwayati hareef hasn’t won anything still!

Enough is enough!
Agree. I want India to win this one so that Pakistan can further scrutinize themselves.

Agree. I want India to win this one so that Pakistan can further scrutinize themselves.
They should actually crucify themselves. They still haven’t removed Babar as T20 captain. How is he still The T20 captain of Pakistan?

India.

Enough is enough!
This can also work as double edged sword thought. Babar can brag about the fact that his team gave the eventual champions the toughest fight

Kind of torn.

I admire Rohit, Kohli, Bumrah and Kuldeep.

But certain Indian fans are really hard to tolerate.

Hard one.
I admire Rohit, too. He is probably the cricketer that most Pakistanis want to be. He looks like he enjoys a good meal, but he is still fit and smacks the ball around for fun across all formats.

Top class player.

This can also work as double edged sword thought. Babar can brag about the fact that his team gave the eventual champions the toughest fight
I think that accolade goes to USA

They looked ok until the drop of Surya and the penalty 5 runs

What political reason?
I don't want to detract from the thread to much but since their actions in the ICJ against genocide my love for them has significantly increased.

I now keep my eyes tuned to the country as it was my second home and keep its people and government in my prayers. I hope it is blessed with many successes. Beating India would be the cherry on top of course but my love for South Africa extends way beyond my desire for India to lose.

It’s ridiculous!

I would expect Butler to call it a day, but Babar seems to want to ride this and evade the chop
Being captain means being the face of Pakistan.

Now think about babar's personality profile and think why he wants to remain as the face? What financial and political reasons are at play and you'll get your answer.

Being captain means being the face of Pakistan.

Now think about babar's personality profile and think why he wants to remain as the face? What financial and political reasons are at play and you'll get your answer.
Sarfaraz was removed for much less. He had a better WC2019 campaign than Babar did in 2023. Babar’s 2024 T20wc campaign has been a total train wreck! What are the PCB waiting for?

Who are the neutral Indians?
Those who use sports as a vehicle to project their insecurities, feeling superior over others, or even using it for political purposes.

I have not watched a single live india pakistan match since 2011 Semi Final. Even in this T20 WC India Pakistan match, I went to sleep without watching because my day was already great after Modi was sworn in early in the day.

Saffers deverse it , but India is too strong and stable , they will win

Sarfaraz was removed for much less. He had a better WC2019 campaign than Babar did in 2023. Babar’s 2024 T20wc campaign has been a total train wreck! What are the PCB waiting for?
Sarfraz doesn't care about being the face of Pakistan cricket. He cares about representing his nation and making the country proud.

He has no interest in being a part of a dosti yaari cult and boot kissing to ensure he stays as captain.

Shoaib Akhtar while speaking on his YouTube channel:

“I was always in favor of India winning the tournament. I was hurt last year when India could not win the World Cup as they should not have lost it because they deserved to win,”

“Rohit Sharma has repeatedly said he wants to make an impact and win the trophy and so, deserves to win the cup. He is a big player, and it should end on a big note. He is a selfless captain, plays for the team and is a complete batter,

"Anyway, I think India deserves it and many congratulations to India. This is what I have been saying for the longest period of time that they should have won the last two World Cups, and they should win this one as well. If South Africa win the toss, they should look to bat first. Then you still have a slight margin or else, they are playing their very first final, but after this performance, even South Africa will be scared. Who will score runs in front of these spinners? India should definitely win this one."

"I wish Rishabh Pant and Rohit Sharma could open and send Virat Kohli to No. 3. India's issues will be sorted if Kohli comes down to his natural and usual position. This is not his game, he likes to take time and hit loose balls, and then he improves his strike-rate. So I am not sure if Kohli is a natural opener, so he is kind of stuck and if Rishabh Pant comes to open, then the issue will be resolved."​

Those who use sports as a vehicle to project their insecurities, feeling superior over others, or even using it for political purposes.

I have not watched a single live india pakistan match since 2011 Semi Final. Even in this T20 WC India Pakistan match, I went to sleep without watching because my day was already great after Modi was sworn in early in the day.
May God bless the neutrals and increased their status and numbers.

Cricket is already a dying sport barring big3 , henceforth it needs a new champion even if India does not win a global competition for next 50 years it won't affect them but SA who have suffered and suffered with them winning a world cup will give boost to other African countries like Zimbabwe Namibia and Kenya etc

May God bless the neutrals and increased their status and numbers.
Remember during the 2023 world cup, few india posters started a bharat campaign.

Now they seem quite and have issues with anyone discussing india. Even if you praise them they attack you.

Coming on India, hoping for them to win and finally end the trophy drought.

While speaking to local media, former World Cup-winning captain Kapil Dev added that when a side reaches the final one should praise the whole team and not a single player:

"It's wonderful. If anybody reaches in finals you just say how wonderfully they played. Not one name but the entire team. I always believe in a team. They have done wonderfully well, under the leadership of Rohit Sharma, the team has done extremely well."

Looking forward to a Klassen classic and Kholi choke. :inti
Yes England missed a player like Klassen in the middle order who could play spin well... Also Miller & other South African middle order batsmen are bit sensible, they at least play the waiting game and take the game deep... So its about how South African batsmen handle Indian bowlers and also how South African bowlers attack the Indian Batsmen (with batting they have to be bit defensive, but with bowling they have to attack...) I think South Africa have improved from the last world cup (2023) and learned how to bat differently on different surfaces... I am sure they remember what they encountered playing against India last time...

Most are likely to root for SA. That's totally okay. SA needs to lose that tag for guys like ABDV who gets incessantly trolled by noname guys anytime he makes a comment about any player.

Both teams are good and deserving but I'd like South Africa to win and get their first World Cup title

I want South Africa to win because I really like this side led by Markram and I want them to dispel decades old notions/stereotypes about the type of team that South Africa is.

Saffers and Kiwis will mostly be the choice of neutrals for not having a trophy plus playing good cricket throughout the years.

Obviously south africa never india, but if india wins they deserve to win they have played very well to reach there.
Hoping for south africa win,hoping against hope.
Let's go south africa.

As a Pakistani, I will support India only because of Rohit. He is such a gem of a player and one of the most selfless players to ever play for India after Gautam Gambhir. He never plays for personal milestones. He deserves to win atleast one ICC trophy before he say goodbye to International Cricket

As a Pakistani, I will support India only because of Rohit. He is such a gem of a player and one of the most selfless players to ever play for India after Gautam Gambhir. He never plays for personal milestones. He deserves to win atleast one ICC trophy before he say goodbye to International Cricket
He has won 2 icc trophies tbf

I never support any team other than Pakistan. Just want to enjoy watching the game tomorrow

South Africa as a country needs this win to bag their first World Cup. Rohit Sharma, the captain, has played selflessly throughout the ODI World Cup and this T20 World Cup just to get his country a World Cup title. I can't decide whom to support.

Both teams have remained unbeaten all tournament, showcasing their dominance and resilience. South Africa, often dubbed the perennial underachievers, have shown remarkable consistency and tenacity. This win would be historic, breaking past failures and bringing pride to their nation.

On the other hand, India, led by the charismatic Rohit Sharma, has balanced seasoned players and young talents. Winning the T20 World Cup under his captaincy would crown his illustrious career and solidify India's status as a cricketing powerhouse.

As a cricket enthusiast, choosing sides is challenging. Both teams have played with heart and true sportsmanship. This final is not just a clash of giants but a celebration of cricket itself. Whether it's South Africa's first win or another chapter in India's success, both are equally deserving. Here's to a thrilling final where cricket is the ultimate victor.

South Africa to win their first World Cup tomorrow, will be great scenes! History repeats for India? Same as WC23 unbeaten run to lose in the finals.

He has an ICC trophy with a performance in the final - 2007 T20 but none as a captain

South Africa as a country needs this win to bag their first World Cup. Rohit Sharma, the captain, has played selflessly throughout the ODI World Cup and this T20 World Cup just to get his country a World Cup title. I can't decide whom to support.

Both teams have remained unbeaten all tournament, showcasing their dominance and resilience. South Africa, often dubbed the perennial underachievers, have shown remarkable consistency and tenacity. This win would be historic, breaking past failures and bringing pride to their nation.

On the other hand, India, led by the charismatic Rohit Sharma, has balanced seasoned players and young talents. Winning the T20 World Cup under his captaincy would crown his illustrious career and solidify India's status as a cricketing powerhouse.

As a cricket enthusiast, choosing sides is challenging. Both teams have played with heart and true sportsmanship. This final is not just a clash of giants but a celebration of cricket itself. Whether it's South Africa's first win or another chapter in India's success, both are equally deserving. Here's to a thrilling final where cricket is the ultimate victor.
As a country? They are Rugby champions with most titles, they are Aus of Rugby the unchokers, they literally have a movie with Matt damon and Morgan freeman on it.

As a country? They are Rugby champions with most titles, they are Aus of Rugby the unchokers, they literally have a movie with Matt damon and Morgan freeman on it.
I meant cricket.

And India are also undisputed Kabaddi champions :afridi

I meant cricket.

And India are also undisputed Kabaddi champions :afridi
If Indians watched as much Kabaddi as cricket , I wouldn’t had cared about cricket.
Rugby is easily the second most popular sport in the world in terms of Intl teams..also watched more than cricket in SA.

If Indians watched as much Kabaddi as cricket , I wouldn’t had cared about cricket.
Rugby is easily the second most popular sport in the world in terms of Intl teams..also watched more than cricket in SA.
So? In South Africa, football is watched more than rugby. Indians watch more movies than cricket. Do you want to win an Oscar? What's your point?

So? In South Africa, football is watched more than rugby. Indians watch more movies than cricket. Do you want to win an Oscar? What's your point?
That winning for SA ll make no difference as much as we think.

It would make most difference for Afghans Nepal BD

AH! SO, you mean winning the world cup means much more to Indians than South Africans. Ok Agreed! :zardari2

It is just a sport. It doesn't improve a country's condition.

But, I guess people would probably be very happy.

I hope all cricket fans from PAK, BD, England, NZ, OZ are supporting SA tmrw.

I prefer it when we are the most hated team in cricket. The fun is lost otherwise :inti
I support you guys as long as my team is out. If my team is in, then I'm turning traitor

I hope all cricket fans from PAK, BD, England, NZ, OZ are supporting SA tmrw.

I prefer it when we are the most hated team in cricket. The fun is lost otherwise :inti
Don't worry.

Even if I stand alone I'll keep the hatred burning against India.

Actually if South Africa win... Maharaj and Shamsi win, who are both Indian origin players ... so Indians can claim genetic victory or something :afridi

I think India should win this cup how they have played throughout the tournament but will be equally happy for SA if they wins because they also deserve a mega title

I’m more inclined towards India mainly because of how consistent they have been over the last decade and haven’t been able to win a single trophy. I want to see Rohit lift the trophy before he sign off his T20 career, true champion of the game.

I would also be happy if SA wins as they will be winning their first ever WC which they also hugely deserve after a long wait.

Let’s see. Hope it’s a good game and not one sided like Semis.

Back