[VIDEOS] "I never gave up and never accepted defeat in my quest for international cricket": Usama Mir

After todays preformance against Australia would you want to see Usama Mir play against Afghanistan?

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Crucial wicket for Usama Mir. Weldone
Rassie Van Der Dussen departs 21(39)
Screenshot_20231027_192231_X.jpg

Last edited:
Delete him from cricket please
Give credit to him for his decent bowling performance vs South Africa, after most likely getting so much hate from his first two performances, he took the rare substitute opportunity well and bowled well. Him and Wasim Jr. were the only two bowlers who Markram was struggling against when he was batting at this best.

One of the worst spinner ever in Pakistan cricket history. Usman Qadir is like Glen Mcgarath in comparison to him

One of the worst spinner ever in Pakistan cricket history. Usman Qadir is like Glen Mcgarath in comparison to him
Just imagine if wasn't picked, people here and other places would be calling it corruption. He is a decent T20 bowler but needs lots of improvement to even play even FC cricket

Too many freebies, allowing boundaries and easy singles.

Lacking control at times.

I maintain that if Shadab Khan got 6 years based on a handful of PSL games, Usama Mir deserves a good run for his domestic performances. Still rough around the edges for sure but it takes time

I maintain that if Shadab Khan got 6 years based on a handful of PSL games, Usama Mir deserves a good run for his domestic performances. Still rough around the edges for sure but it takes time

Shadab and Nawaz only had long careers because they can bat, not based on their rotten bowling. Although Nawaz can't really bat either.

Shadab and Nawaz only had long careers because they can bat, not based on their rotten bowling. Although Nawaz can't really bat either.
Shadab and Nawaz can't bat... at best they are handy but they have shown they don't have what it takes to be selected based on batting ability

how does a selector select a player purely on stats or does the selector look at the technique and temperament of a player...cuz i don't think they saw the game of Usama when he got selected

how does a selector select a player purely on stats or does the selector look at the technique and temperament of a player...cuz i don't think they saw the game of Usama when he got selected
yup any random non cricketer 12th pass can select a team like that, just look at the data and select the team

Just imagine if wasn't picked, people here and other places would be calling it corruption. He is a decent T20 bowler but needs lots of improvement to even play even FC cricket
Not saying that Abrar would have done wonders here, but would have been a much better option than this tape ball cricketer. It is based on FC and test record.

He looks really nervous to me.

Some very good balls, but he's let down by the loose stuff which he needs to eradicate from his bowling.

Not saying that Abrar would have done wonders here, but would have been a much better option than this tape ball cricketer. It is based on FC and test record.
Maybe, but many said that about Usama. The point I am trying to make is that when things go pear shaped, we keep quiet but Babar and Co have to live with their decisions infront of 250mn

Some very good balls, but he's let down by the loose stuff which he needs to eradicate from his bowling.
He needs to bowl at a pace suitable for his action, that is 58mph but that means little or no spin.

Shadab and Nawaz can't bat... at best they are handy but they have shown they don't have what it takes to be selected based on batting ability

I know that...you know it. But every time one of them scores a quickfire 30 runs our selectors think they've found genuine all rounder ignoring altogether just how bad their bowling actually is.

The problem he has is that he gives too much flight to the ball.

Maybe, but many said that about Usama. The point I am trying to make is that when things go pear shaped, we keep quiet but Babar and Co have to live with their decisions infront of 250mn
The process of selection is important

Leg spinner with no first class success or no extensive white ball cricket experience is a recipe for disaster.

people become nervous when they know they are not good enough when one is a master of his skill he oozes confidence unlike Usama...this guy is a home county level player nothing more than that even there he would get smashed regularly.

we need selectors who watch tapes of the players who perform ...study them and then decide if they are worthy enough to play for pak or not.

if I was the selector of pak I would watch the whole domestic season and then decide who to pick

they say numbers don't lie but sometimes they do.

He bowls at least one boundary ball an over. Unless he gets that sorted he will never have a consistent international career.

Look every bowler can be down on confidence and form but the way he just offers up full tosses every 3 balls is ridiculous.

How are these guys international professional athletes ???:facepalm

It doesn't help that the ultra defensive clueless Babar doesn't give him a slip. The only time he had a slip, he got a wicket. A lot of edges he gets goes through the slips because there is no fielder there. He has to be used as a wicket taker as opposed to a defensive container.

He is nervous because he knows that after WC is career is over so he is trying to put extra effort, overthinking but clearly he is not a International level player. Very very midcore and even a blind will select Shahdab over him because they do not have much bowling difference but in Batting Shahdab is on another level.

I think he has the raw ingredients to become a really handy legspinner.
Has the height and turn. Unclear about the googly.
Regardless, he needs to work on his line and length after which Pakistan can consider him once more.

I think he has the raw ingredients to become a really handy legspinner.
Has the height and turn. Unclear about the googly.
Regardless, he needs to work on his line and length after which Pakistan can consider him once more.

He was being touted as a promising leg spinner back in the inaugural PSL competition, I watched it back then and he was bowling a few nice legspinners with half volleys and full tosses every now and then. Watching him now several years later, looks like he hasn't improved a bit.

Just ditch him for good and get rid of whichever selector picked him, they clearly don't watch domestic cricket.

He bowls at least one boundary ball an over. Unless he gets that sorted he will never have a consistent international career.
It's funny because that's how he was through his entire career before he seemed to have gotten that sorted in the last 12 months or so.

But he is low on confidence and back to his old habits.

There's no point picking him for the rest of the WC. Nothing will change in this short space of time.

Go back to Shadab who will at least add to other facets of the game or bite the bullet and go with 4 pacers, fully accepting that on the most spinning tracks in the world we are not good enough to field any spinners.

He isn't that great in the field or as a bowler should not be picked again.

Usama Mir granted NOC for Big Bash League 2023-24

Usama have been granted NOCs for a total of five matches.

We might see Usama Mir playing today in the Big Bash League for Melbourne Stars against Brisbane Heat in the first match of BBL 2023 starting today.

1701929513150.png

Usama Mir, while representing the Melbourne Stars in BBL 2023, did not have a good start. However, there is hope that he will find his rhythm.

IMG-20231208-WA0080.jpg

Today, while representing Melbourne Stars, Usama Mir secured bowling figures of 1/22 in 4 overs against Perth Scorchers.

Usama Mir's first overs went well for him and the Melbourne Stars. Just 6 runs in his first over. Good start for him.

Usama Mir finished his spell of 4 overs gave away just 24 runs and picked up 1 wicket. This was his last appearance in this BBL as he has been called up for the T20 series against the Kiwis.

Usama Mir will not take further part in the Big Bash League and has been released from the Melbourne Stars squad as he was called for the New Zeland T20 series.

SOURCE: MLS

Usama Mir took a jibe at his critics in a latest interview:

"People talk like this, they even abuse me, so I think they forget everything, and whoever performs well, in a second, you will make them Don Bradman, you will make them Viv Richards, and for one bad performance, you will even call them source (parchi),"

"I don't know which words will be used, but I think you should support because we are playing for your country, not for any other country. If there is something, so you should support us in every situation. In happiness, every person will be with us and if we are struggling, no one will stand with us in difficult times, then what is the need for this thing,"

Usama Mir came up with brilliant bowling spell against Sukkur Patriots in SPL 2024.

His match figures: 4 overs 27/3

Usama Mir took a jibe at his critics in a latest interview:

"People talk like this, they even abuse me, so I think they forget everything, and whoever performs well, in a second, you will make them Don Bradman, you will make them Viv Richards, and for one bad performance, you will even call them source (parchi),"

"I don't know which words will be used, but I think you should support because we are playing for your country, not for any other country. If there is something, so you should support us in every situation. In happiness, every person will be with us and if we are struggling, no one will stand with us in difficult times, then what is the need for this thing,"
Mir seems to have more notable tweets/interviews than he does international performances for his country

Usama Mir's dream PSL run continues. Have fetched two wickets against PZ. His final figures 2/36

This guy is a league bully only. When he had to face the international teams, he forgets how to bowl.

This guy is a league bully only. When he had to face the international teams, he forgets how to bowl.
That’s what I about to post, seems he can’t handle the pressure of international cricket , talent and skills are there but zero mental toughness. Such players should be stay away from national teams.

When a good international player with good reputation against spin hit him for couple of fours then he will start bowling long hops and full tosses.

In the post match ceremony Usama Mir said:

"Thanks to Allah that we won our first away game as the conditions were new for us. Usman Khan, Iftikhar Ahmed, and Tayab Tahir played exceptionally well, carried the momentum through out the game. In the bowling department Rizwan bhai instilled confidence in me, assuring that I would come to bowl in the middle overs and contribute by taking wickets. I always keep things simple and strive to bowl in the right areas, which has proven successful for me."

"I enjoyed all the wickets today, especially because my mom came to watch the match. When I conceded 2 sixes in the first over, I felt a bit nervous. However, I then realized that my mom was present continuously praying for me and Alhamdolillah things went better for me afterward and I bowled well."

"I enjoyed all the wickets today, especially because my mom came to watch the match. When I conceded 2 sixes in the first over, I felt a bit nervous. However, I then realized that my mom was present continuously praying for me and Alhamdolillah things went better for me afterward and I bowled well."
Usama Mir with his mother. What a lovely and memorable moment it is for Usama.

GxQShyX.png

He looks like he's gained some confidence as he's grown older, showing a bit of swag with the celebration. However I still think he'll struggle when he has to bowl at international level, not because of lack of ability, just not convinced he's got that killer instinct.

Another impressive spell by Usama Mir against Karachi Kings he ended his 4 over spell with figures of 2/29 and with that he completed 50 wickets in the PSL.

Usama Mir on a roll here, 3 wickets for him today. His figures were 3/32 in four overs.

Why does Mir forget this kind of bowling when he plays for the Pakistan team?

3 Reasons.

A) Pcb has a habit of having players play with a noose around their necks meaning they'll drop their non favourites on a fly.

B) Franchise has zero pressure, compare to international especially on the world cup stage.

C) Psl standards =/= International standards considering shadab amd azam Khan are shining stars in franchise.

Although tbf, his bowling has improved, in the world cup it was the exact same line and length, he still can't spin but atleast he has more control now and is bowling slower and easing into things.

Proved once again. Only time will tell how he performs on the big stage. I don't think he will be able to replicate the same form in the internationals. He is definitely going to find his spot in the squad now.

Has he improved due to Alex Hartley the female spin coach working on his action so he gets better control or he can't handle international pressure? Or he's just a 4 over bowler? Will a season of 1st class cricket give him the control, skill and confidence to perform for Pakistan in all 3 formats?

Multan Sultans's spinner Usama Mir while talking to local media:

"The way Babar is playing, probably he will not be outdone by anyone; hopefully, he will play with good momentum in the remaining matches too."

"In the past, I was quite disappointed due to my bad performances, because of which from people I was hearing a lot of things, but I worked hard wherever I was lacking."

"As soon as the ODI came, I changed the action in an attempt to bowl slowly; the disappointing performance of the World Cup had shattered my confidence, but I learned from my mistakes."

"First, I did not realize what mistakes I was making and kept making the same mistakes, but later I realized that my action was not being completed and then I corrected it."

"[Multan Sultans] Failed twice in the final; this time will definitely become a champion."

Key of his success is that he attacks only the stumps, so the chances of getting a wicket gets higher if the batter misses any ball.

1710269192073.jpeg

Sorry but this guy is rubbish. Even when he's taking wickets he looks absolutely ordinary. His biggest drawback is his lack of control. He cannot stop batters from easily scoring runs against him.

He has no variation, nor any spin. Literally called him out since his debut. I kept advocating for abrar in the cup instead of him.

Back