[VIDEOS] "I try to hit 100 to 150 sixes in practice so I'm ready to hit sixes in the match": Asif Ali

he is the only saviour of pakistan.. who plays aggressive cricket.. selflessly.. he should be made captain of pakistan in all formats.

Assuming 4 practice sessions before the 4 games he played in, he would have hit 600 sixes (per his own claim of 150). His actual total output in 4 matches = 2 sixes
No further comment.

Last edited:
[MENTION=147292]RedwoodOriginal[/MENTION]

Perhaps he should only play in an ODI series in Zimbabwe :)))

Perhaps you should grow a pair and come out the "rock-thrower" does well too....Instead of hiding like a coward and ignoring all the people that take time out of their busy day to mention you.

Last edited:
Continues to fail.

What are Pakistan's batting coaches doing?

ik2n8mV.png

The guy can’t play short, can’t play spin , can’t play good length
Yes he can smack trundlers on half vollies

Complete garbage

The guy can’t play short, can’t play spin , can’t play good length
Yes he can smack trundlers on half vollies

Complete garbage

This is so true, Asif Ali has so many flaws and in International Cricket if bowlers know about these flaws, such batters are free Wicket for them :wasim

Insult to all international cricketers Misbah introduced this so called hitter pathetic should be dumped for any half decent palmer be it a batter or bowler

Remember the 2 sixes he hit in the 4th T20 against England? Well, those were the only 6s he hit in that whole tournament.

He has gone from the guy who hits a couple of 6s in a match (if all the stars align) to a guy who hits a couple of 6s in a whole tournament!

Hang in there champ

There is a tense situation around the corner where you will save the team’s blushes as usual.

I said it before and I'll say it again this guy is a club cricketer a cement pitch tape ball hack.

This guy Failed in whole psl and was one of the main resons of islamabad loosing the eliminator. I do not know how the selectors expect him to perform in international cricket when he is not good enough even for domestic cricket. Any half decent bowler can expose him easily.

Continues to fail.

What are Pakistan's batting coaches doing?

ik2n8mV.png

The thing is as a power hitter we should have someone like Abdul Razzaq (our best ever in that role) working with him and others. How on earth can Yousuf work with him when he himself couldn't even get into the T20 team. He was far from a power hitter so how can he advise guys like Asif. I don't think it's a coincidence that the best we saw of Asif was in the WC last year when he was working with Matthew Hayden.

Asif is turning into a one trick pony. He seems to be great when the ball is in his hitting arc (which is anything full toss to back of a length) but he seems to be clueless when it comes to short stuff on his body. He doesnt go fully back which is necessary to play a proper horizontal bat shot. He has been found out.

He should try to hit maybe 50-75 of those sixes off fast short pitched bowling on his body during practices that he talks about. Seems to me they just feed him those 150-200 balls in his zone so he can hit straight vertical bat shots. LOL

All Asif Ali can do is hit sixes off half volleys or full tosses, other than that he isn't a proper batsman. Doesn't have temperament, judgement or batting IQ to play as a batsman.

There is a reason a lot of our middle order is getting put under the microscope but many former players and commentators.

Hang in there champ

There is a tense situation around the corner where you will save the team’s blushes as usual.

Inshallah - but I do want to know what is that ideal situation where he will succeed.

Is it one over left and 20 to get? Is that the only one he can handle?

Inshallah - but I do want to know what is that ideal situation where he will succeed.

I dont think he will be able to pull it off anymore against top teams because they have figured out his one glaring weakness. They will just put the quickest bowler in the team on to bowl short pitched stuff at his body and cramp him for room. His weight is always on the front foot. He doesnt get enough time to go back and play a proper pull.

He needs to be coached and work on this weakness. Apart from that, I agree with those who think he is a low IQ batsman. He is more of a baseball player who only known one thing and that is to hit the ball. He has no judgment or shot selection to speak of.

Where are all these sixes? I feel like I'm getting conned here.

Look man I’m not trolling here

Give the guy a last shot at opening
Him and Khushdil Shah both

They are good players and will cause more damage at the crease if they are also given as much chance Babar and Rizwan to play themselves in with the field enclosed

As for Babar or Rizwan

You are much better off allowing these two to tee off or find the gaps/converts 1s into 2s etc from building a partnership in the middle like Rapaksa and Hasaranga did.

Rizwan’s innings is perfect like the one he played today but if he comes in the middle or number 3.

Look man I’m not trolling here

Give the guy a last shot at opening
Him and Khushdil Shah both

They are good players and will cause more damage at the crease if they are also given as much chance Babar and Rizwan to play themselves in with the field enclosed

As for Babar or Rizwan

You are much better off allowing these two to tee off or find the gaps/converts 1s into 2s etc from building a partnership in the middle like Rapaksa and Hasaranga did.

Rizwan’s innings is perfect like the one he played today but if he comes in the middle or number 3.

understood and fair answer.

Sharjeel would have been a better pick than him. He actually has a range of shots and a technique rather than this baseball player.

I have not once seen Asif try to score a 4 :91:

The thing is as a power hitter we should have someone like Abdul Razzaq (our best ever in that role) working with him and others. How on earth can Yousuf work with him when he himself couldn't even get into the T20 team. He was far from a power hitter so how can he advise guys like Asif. I don't think it's a coincidence that the best we saw of Asif was in the WC last year when he was working with Matthew Hayden.

Wait Mohammad Yousuf is the batting coach and Ramiz the chairman of pcb?? Didnt these two guys hate each other?

150 sixes in nets but 0 sixes in 20 balls in match situation. What a fraud.

I think what he means by the 150 sixes in the nets is that he can hit the ball into the net on the full.

How many sixes did our leading six hitter of the year hit in todays game?

Talking of sixes

Altogether Pakistan batters hit only 15 fours and surprisingly not a single six was hit in the entire innings. The Men in Green now have an unwanted record of not hitting a single six in entire innings in New Zealand. It has happened for the first time in 77 T20Is played in the country.

Talking of sixes

Altogether Pakistan batters hit only 15 fours and surprisingly not a single six was hit in the entire innings. The Men in Green now have an unwanted record of not hitting a single six in entire innings in New Zealand. It has happened for the first time in 77 T20Is played in the country.

Another great scalp in the captaincy of Babar Azam

#FearlessCricket

Another great scalp in the captaincy of Babar Azam

#FearlessCricket

Did babar tell Captain Asif to bat 20 balls in the death and not hit a single six so called fearless Captain Asif managed a SR less then Babar or Rizwan career SR despite facing 20 balls.

Some hitter.

Did babar tell Captain Asif to bat 20 balls in the death and not hit a single six so called fearless Captain Asif managed a SR less then Babar or Rizwan career SR despite facing 20 balls.

Some hitter.

Yes.

Continue to kick those who are already down.

Maybe he is too knackered after hitting 200 sixes in the nets before matches...I would be! Maybe save the energy for the actual match perhaps...

Was an ideal opportunity to hit his first 50 in international cricket (20 balls is all that is needed by other international team's big hitters to reach the same milestone) but just doesn't have the ability...

Last edited:
Maybe he is too knackered after hitting 200 sixes in the nets before matches...I would be! Maybe save the energy for the actual match perhaps...

He scores his runs in the nets too, that should count each game otherwise we're being unfair.

Today, Asif's overall performance was 25 (20) match and 78 (18) nets.

Was an ideal opportunity to hit his first 50 in international cricket (20 balls is all that is needed by other international team's big hitters to reach the same milestone) but just doesn't have the ability...
He Lsted 20 balls that a win for me usually its a landmark when he lasts more then an over.

Think enough Asif jokes for the day. Move on please.

Hitting 150 sixes in nets is only covering one base.
You got to work on extremely important other techniques that greatly contribute to power hitting.

Here is an example.
Look at your preparation for years and see if you ever thought about these drills?

What an awful batsman. Where are the sixes when you need them? How much longer is this guy going to live off that one fluke innings against Afghanistan? I am sick of seeing him in the team every match.

Last edited:
What an awful batsman. Where are the sixes when you need them? How much longer is this guy going to live off that one fluke innings against Afghanistan? I am sick of seeing him in the team every match.

Did you need them today? Was this the World Cup final or a knockout ICC game?

Did you need them today? Was this the World Cup final or a knockout ICC game?

We have 3 ICC events in limited overs. Champions trophy, t20Wc and 50 overs WC. So by your logic this year Asif Ali needs to perform in semis and finals, again in 2 knockouts next years WC and 3 knockouts in CT2024. What about the bilateral matches in these 3 years? He can have a free ride on the coattails of Babar and Rizwan?

Also cricket is about carrying your momentum and form. If he had performed well he would have carried this confidence to the WC. today was an opportunity to score a 20 ball 50 and show the world he is not a 10 ball player. Both in the england series and this series he got multiple opportunities where he came out to bat with enough overs left. But he couldn't play one innings of significance. Even a 20 ball 40 in a losing cause would have been great.

We have 3 ICC events in limited overs. Champions trophy, t20Wc and 50 overs WC. So by your logic this year Asif Ali needs to perform in semis and finals, again in 2 knockouts next years WC and 3 knockouts in CT2024. What about the bilateral matches in these 3 years? He can have a free ride on the coattails of Babar and Rizwan?

Also cricket is about carrying your momentum and form. If he had performed well he would have carried this confidence to the WC. today was an opportunity to score a 20 ball 50 and show the world he is not a 10 ball player. Both in the england series and this series he got multiple opportunities where he came out to bat with enough overs left. But he couldn't play one innings of significance. Even a 20 ball 40 in a losing cause would have been great.

He is having a free ride because he saved Pakistan’s blushes on two vital occasions and made sure they played a ICC semi final.

His free ride then extended because he once again saved the teams blushes by contributing vital runs in order to win the games against India and Afghanistan

Some guys earn that right to play long enough until someone more reliable is available to take their place

He is having a free ride because he saved Pakistan’s blushes on two vital occasions and made sure they played a ICC semi final.

His free ride then extended because he once again saved the teams blushes by contributing vital runs in order to win the games against India and Afghanistan

Some guys earn that right to play long enough until someone more reliable is available to take their place

How long is long enough? In fact for someone who is supposed to be a power hitter and hits 150 6s in nets in 50 matches he has hit less 6s in his entire international career than SKY has hit this year.

How long is long enough? In fact for someone who is supposed to be a power hitter and hits 150 6s in nets in 50 matches he has hit less 6s in his entire international career than SKY has hit this year.

It’s not a good look. He should do better

But long enough is when you have that player who can do what he does. Khushdil was supposed to be that guy, he’s done it in domestic but he failed. Do you think Anwar Ali will just walk into international cricket and win you games in crunch situations like the Afghanistan/NZ ones? Or do you know any other lower order hitter who can hit like he can?

The kind of situation Pakistan team is in, would take Asif 20 ball 25 over hitting sixes he is batting with workmanlike players as Shan and Iftikhar who are Azhar Ali of T20 cricket, team is crying out for Azam Khan indeed it is

Fakhar
Rizwan
Babar
AzamKhan
Asif
Nawaz
Shadab
WasimJr
Rauf
Hasnain
Shaheen

But long enough is when you have that player who can do what he does. Khushdil was supposed to be that guy, he’s done it in domestic but he failed. Do you think Anwar Ali will just walk into international cricket and win you games in crunch situations like the Afghanistan/NZ ones? Or do you know any other lower order hitter who can hit like he can?

Probably not now, but do you mind that time Anwar Ali came in and absolutely smoked the Sri Lankans to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat a few yeas ago?

I think it was one our best ever T20 victories considering the position we were in. Afridi had already smashed SL but we still needed 66 from 35 by the time AA walked in at the fall of Afridi's wicket.

I didn't remember Riz played in this game but scoring from 17 off 18 even back then maybe explains why. :))

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...ka-vs-pakistan-2nd-t20i-860281/full-scorecard

I know what I am saying may not be acceptable to most fans but Malik and Imad need to be in this middle order. When india can bring in 37 year old DK why cant Pak bring in 39 years old Malik. imad had a fabulous Caribbean t20. Problrm with asif is he can play crucial knocks against lesser teams but not against teams like Eng, aus NZ or even india. If Arshdeep wouldn't have dropped his catch Pak would have lost that match too.

Probably not now, but do you mind that time Anwar Ali came in and absolutely smoked the Sri Lankans to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat a few yeas ago?

I think it was one our best ever T20 victories considering the position we were in. Afridi had already smashed SL but we still needed 66 from 35 by the time AA walked in at the fall of Afridi's wicket.

I didn't remember Riz played in this game but scoring from 17 off 18 even back then maybe explains why. :))

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...ka-vs-pakistan-2nd-t20i-860281/full-scorecard

Rizwan was always destined to carry the baton of Tuk Tuk

He’s just not that guy is he?

It all depends on who the 150 sixes are against and what type of bowling it is against.

If it's dolly drops then that's useless. If it was against proper bowlers in the nets then fair enough.

Rizwan was always destined to carry the baton of Tuk Tuk

He’s just not that guy is he?

Juts like the guy who promoted him to opening, he's been elevated as a saint and saviour.

It all depends on who the 150 sixes are against and what type of bowling it is against.

If it's dolly drops then that's useless. If it was against proper bowlers in the nets then fair enough.

If I was to put a wager on it, throw downs by Saqi bhai with Yousuf bhai sitting on the sidelines shouting bohat achi batting whilst sipping chai.

I know what I am saying may not be acceptable to most fans but Malik and Imad need to be in this middle order. When india can bring in 37 year old DK why cant Pak bring in 39 years old Malik. imad had a fabulous Caribbean t20. Problrm with asif is he can play crucial knocks against lesser teams but not against teams like Eng, aus NZ or even india. If Arshdeep wouldn't have dropped his catch Pak would have lost that match too.

Malik and Imad are an upgrade to Shan and Haider, and Ifti. But they cannot replace Asif Ali. He is supposed to be our Razzaq/Afridi type player.

I’m not defending him at all costs because I like him, but I would like to know who would you rather have?

Would you like Hassan Ali to maybe slot in and be carried as a potential bowling option? Or Anwar Ali/Amir Yameen who are not international class bowlers?

You have to understand. Asif Ali is the best lower order hitter of pace in Pakistan. Khushdil is second best but he thinks he can take 15-20 balls to settle in.

Besides these two, you have options of

Anwar Ali
Aamir Yamin
Sohail Tanvir
Hassan Ali
Wahab Riaz (if he’s still playing)
Asif Afridi (if he isn’t banned)

Or you will have to ask a top order player to bat at 5 or 6 and tee off from ball 1..

Fakhar Zaman
Sharjeel Khan
Maybe Harris Sohail? (He’s got a good hitting technique)
Umar Akmal

Who do you want to do his specific role of hurting the opposition by striking it from ball 1?

The mental gymnastics to justify the selection of this pathetic player are hysterical :)))

Send him with few more overs to spare, no spend him when there are only a few balls to spare, he is not selfish and doesn’t play for himself, he played well in the WT20 a year ago, he contributed to a couple of wins a couple of months ago, no one else managed to hit a six either why focus on him, he has the highest SR in the death overs against bowlers who ball quicker than 145.34 kph is the highest in the world.

This pathetic failure keeps making it harder and harder for his supporters to justify his selection.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was to put a wager on it, throw downs by Saqi bhai with Yousuf bhai sitting on the sidelines shouting bohat achi batting whilst sipping chai.

Must be.

Because if this guy is hitting his team-mates for 100 to 150 sixes per day from proper bowling then there is something seriously wrong if he can't do it in a proper match.

I try to hit 100 to 150 sixes in practice...

He didn't say he was successful :uakmal

He has ability which he has shown once in blue moon but he is a complete numpty regarding the basics of game I.e. technique and footwork he comes off as a tape ball player which in lay man language is a 🎾

Hang in there champ

And in the remaining 50 matches when pakistan needs someone to step in its fine for him not to perform cos he ll save our neck once in a blue moon when the stars align

Expect a couple of good knocks from him during the WC with the ball coming on nicely, just hope he doesn’t need to come in the 11th over more like 16th over will suit him , love him or hate him but I feel the Aussie pithes are tailor made for him , just needs to middle those short balls..

And in the remaining 50 matches when pakistan needs someone to step in its fine for him not to perform cos he ll save our neck once in a blue moon when the stars align

Whatever games he has won are worth far more than Babar/Rizwan pointless stats

That dismissal today against India was nothing short of embarrassing.

That dismissal today against India was nothing short of embarrassing.

Bowled at the super pace of 137kph

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/codcw2" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

tuk tuk golden duck gang shud retire and asif ali ahud b made caltain immediately

Bowled at the super pace of 137kph

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/codcw2" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

:lol: imagine getting tied up in knots to an 80mph dobbler

I love what this guy offers but I can’t be defending him for no reason now.

He will rightfully be dropped because Babar won’t do anything to make his life easier by maybe giving him a dash in the powerplay.

Maybe it is the last throw of the dice for him. Give him a go in the PP with the fielders inside to see if the guy gives us a flying start

I thought Asif Ali is only struggling o hit 6s in international t20s and might have a prolific 6 hitting stats in domestic t20s. On checking his profile was surprised that in 225 innings he has just hit 264 6s. For someone who hits 100-150 6s in practice sessions he should have been able hit atleast 2 per innings against domestic attacks.

I gave him the long rope hoping and praying that he may come good. Too many failures though and is just up a spot in the side while offering northing.

Just train the bowlers how to hit big runs at the death, we've already seen Shaheen, Naseem and Rauf hit big towards the end. They've actually had more impact.

I love what this guy offers but I can’t be defending him for no reason now.

He will rightfully be dropped because Babar won’t do anything to make his life easier by maybe giving him a dash in the powerplay.

Maybe it is the last throw of the dice for him. Give him a go in the PP with the fielders inside to see if the guy gives us a flying start

Yeah its babars fault this guy is useles and a waste of a spot even though hes played 70-80 intnls he still bats worse than a tailender

Hasnain can hit sixes far better than Asif. Imad is a proper batsman who is far better than Asif.

Not sure why Pakistan can't select a 6th bowler instead of a tailender in Asif. Especially when we have no Afghanistan game this World Cup

Yeah its babars fault this guy is useles and a waste of a spot even though hes played 70-80 intnls he still bats worse than a tailender

It is Babar’s fault

He only knows what’s best for him and his mate Rizwan. Everyone else are interchanged in their positions as if it’s a game of musical chairs. One day Nawaz is at 4, the next day he is at 7.

If your picking a guy for his 6 hitting abilities, why not see what he is all about when the fielders are inside the circle for 36 balls? Give him a chance…that’s all!

It is Babar’s fault

He only knows what’s best for him and his mate Rizwan. Everyone else are interchanged in their positions as if it’s a game of musical chairs. One day Nawaz is at 4, the next day he is at 7.

If your picking a guy for his 6 hitting abilities, why not see what he is all about when the fielders are inside the circle for 36 balls? Give him a chance…that’s all!

Hes been given plenty of chances He cant build an innings, he cant play the short ball, he cant last more than a few balls

Intnl teams arent gonna lob him slot balls to slog If your such limited player you shouldnt be playing intnl cricket

Even Iftikhar, nawaz, shadab chip in from time unlike asif ali who fails 9/10

His times up Time to get someone in who ll actually contribute to the team

It is Babar’s fault

He is in the team as a finisher. Why should he open? His specific role in the team is to be a finisher and clearly he is only good enough for no 9 spot considering his t20I record. Infact he is extremly lucky to have played the amount of matches he already has based on a couple of cameos

He is in the team as a finisher. Why should he open? His specific role in the team is to be a finisher and clearly he is only good enough for no 9 spot considering his t20I record. Infact he is extremly lucky to have played the amount of matches he already has based on a couple of cameos

Bhai we should bend over backwards for Asif Ali and accommodate him in every way possible. We need to give him the maharaja treatment. We should ask him to open and give him another 50 innings. Once he inevitably fails, then give him the number 3 spot. Then the number 4 spot and so on until he exhausts all possible positions and only after that we are allowed to say "Thank you for your services Asif. We are sorry that we couldn't adapt ourselves to your game."

Bhai we should bend over backwards for Asif Ali and accommodate him in every way possible. We need to give him the maharaja treatment. We should ask him to open and give him another 50 innings. Once he inevitably fails, then give him the number 3 spot. Then the number 4 spot and so on until he exhausts all possible positions and only after that we are allowed to say "Thank you for your services Asif. We are sorry that we couldn't adapt ourselves to your game."

Yes we should bend backwards for game changers unlike match losers who play 70% of the innings and let the required rate climb to 18!!!

Yes we should bend backwards for game changers unlike match losers who play 70% of the innings and let the required rate climb to 18!!!

Game changers dont avge 15 runs per innings and score single digits in most of their innings

Back