[VIDEOS] "I try to hit 100 to 150 sixes in practice so I'm ready to hit sixes in the match": Asif Ali

Got his chance and failed big time. He has to show his power-hitting ability more consistantly if he wants to get back in the team

These t20 leagues are a Godsend for a player like him.

He is just below the level required to be a good international cricketer but he clearly has the talent to dominate domestic level bowlers.

In the past such players would have an international career of 20-30 ODI matches and then the international journey would come to a halt because they would inevitably be found out. So their international career was never long enough to secure themselves financially and it would in a way be worse than being an uncapped domestic cricketer because they had just had a taste of what could be.

But now Asif Ali type players have these leagues to play in and secure themselves financially. So his international career followed similar path as many before but he was able to show that he has enough talent to do well in t20 leagues and now he is carving a good freelancer t20 cricket career and hopefully earning enough to secure his next generations financial well being

Amazing to see him take the initiative whilst Pollard was there batting.

This is what you want to see in Pakistani batsman, they should be the ones doing the heavy lifting…not the seasoned guns all the time

If it’s a big match

I need Fakhar and Asif Ali in my side

If it’s a big match

I need Fakhar and Asif Ali in my side
and both are not consistent enough to be in any side.

Specially Asif Ali.

He just tries to play Tape Ball style cricket which is actually letting him down.

Peshawar Zalmi has picked Asif Ali in the diamond category in PSL Draft 2024.

It will solve the power-hitting problem of Peshawar Zalmi.

Last edited:
Asif Ali goes unsold

Asif Ali starts off at US$ 40,000. Unsold in LPL auction 2024.

Asif Ali during recent media interaction:

About his plans for the upcoming Champions One-Day Cup:

"On the basis of my performances, I have played 25 international matches. I have played ODI cricket, but it's been a while since I've been playing the T20 format. And I've already played domestic one-day cricket, and InshaAllah, I will try to perform like I did before in international cricket."

About his practice ahead of the Champions One-Day Cup:

"My job is to practice, and recently I've played club cricket. I completed a senior district camp with my district team, and I'm doing this to stay in touch with cricket and work on my fitness. We've also played two-day matches, and practice has been good. InshaAllah, I hope to perform well."

About his performance and playing style:

"The role I was given in the last 2-3 years was to play 10-15 or 20 balls, and sometimes you're successful in playing good shots, and sometimes you can't play good shots. And InshaAllah, I will try to overcome this in domestic cricket to play long innings and prove that I can play long innings."

About Playing at home stadium:

"My domestic cricket career started from Faisalabad, and I scored a century on debut for Faisalabad, so it's a very important place for me."

About what he can provide services to Pakistan in middle order:

"Those other batters are better than me, that's why they played in the last events, whatever ICC events or series have been held. My job is to practice hard and play domestic cricket, which is the criteria, if you're dropped from the team, you play domestic and perform, and if there's a need for you in the team, you make a comeback in the national team."

About how he helps young cricketers:

"There are many cricketers who need guidance, and I guide them wherever needed. Recently, Muhammad Irfan Khan Niazi, who is also from Faisalabad, has been in touch with me and played a season with me. After the season, he made his debut for Pakistan. Apart from him, there are many young cricketers who ask for guidance, and I provide it."

Asif Ali has vanished. haven't seen him hitting those sixes anymore. Maybe the Domestic cup can be the turning point for him. We really need a power hitter.

Comeback time for Asif Ali. Pakistan needs a player like him. They need someone to hit those sixes

Honestly I'm surprised a player like him hasn't been tried as an opener. At least in T20 Cricket.
Because the player you love and want to become all format captain will cause a national revolt if he is removed from opening in T20

Limited player but horribly misused at times.

They would bury him and Iftikhar too low down the order give them 5 balls to face and hope for miracles.

Nice humble lad and I'm glad he has maximized his career via playing leagues abroad. Misbah really turned his life around.

Asif Ali speaking during an interview:

"My focus is on practice. I have played club cricket and participated in a senior district camp with my district team. I did this to maintain my cricket skills, improve my fitness, and we also played some two-day matches. The practice sessions have been good, and I am hopeful that I will perform well."

"In the past two to three years, my role was to bat for 10 to 20 balls. Sometimes I was successful by hitting boundaries, and other times I didn't feel at my best. However, I am determined to overcome this in domestic cricket, so that I can demonstrate my ability that I can bat for long periods. My batting position will depend on the team's plans and what I discuss with the captain. I will offer my suggestions, and if they are accepted, I will play in that position."

"My domestic cricket career began here. In my debut match, I scored 100 runs for Faisalabad. This place holds a special significance for me as it is where my cricket journey started, so it is very important to me."

When asked about PCB's initiative to hold a domestic tournament:

"This is a very positive initiative because it will provide opportunities for young players and will result in a high-quality tournament. All the centrally contracted players will participate, so there will be a pool of talented batters and bowlers. It will be a great platform for young players to showcase their skills and potentially earn a place in the Pakistan team."

When asked about helping younger players:

"I certainly point out areas where I see a player struggling. I frequently speak with Irfan Niazi, who is also from Faisalabad, because he played with me in a season before making his debut. There are many others, and if they ask for advice, I gladly help them. Even if they don't ask, if I notice a weakness, I will let them know, 'This is an area you need to work on.'"

When asked about his return to the National team:

"My focus is on practicing hard and playing domestic cricket. There is a process for returning to the team. If a player is dropped, he needs to perform well in domestic cricket, and if there is a need for him, and a suitable position, he can definitely make a come back."

"I have played 25 international matches and performed well in those matches. However, I have been playing primarily T20 cricket recently, although I have also played domestic ODIs. I am confident that I can perform well here."

"All stadiums across Pakistan should be managed by the PCB. As a resident of this city, many people have told me, 'We should host matches here, including PSL matches.' It is fantastic that the PCB has brought this tournament to our city, and I hope that PSL matches will be held here too, so that the people of our city can enjoy these matches just as people in other cities do."

choice for captain, not good enough to play any international cricket....

Comeback time for Asif Ali. Pakistan needs a player like him. They need someone to hit those sixes
Asif Ali can only be utilized as an opener.. if he stays on the crease for 4 overs he can change the game if he doesnt so not an issue "King ker lay ga" :ROFLMAO:

I feel for Captain Asif Ali. The greatest captain Pakistan never had. It's a loss so big to Pakistan, it feels like one has misplaced an elephant in the living room.

I don't know how many people here know about this but this dude wanted Fakhar Zaman to be opener in T20 but then wanted Asif Ali to replace Fakhar Zaman as opener. It's hilarious!!! And then wanted Asif Ali Captain. On top of that, wanted Abid Ali as opener in ODIs in place of Fakhar Zaman. :ROFLMAO:

I don't know how many people here know about this but this dude wanted Fakhar Zaman to be opener in T20 but then wanted Asif Ali to replace Fakhar Zaman as opener. It's hilarious!!! And then wanted Asif Ali Captain. On top of that, wanted Abid Ali as opener in ODIs in place of Fakhar Zaman. :ROFLMAO:
Who are you on about? Yourself?

I can vouch for @Rana Here, he loves Fakhar zaman and shares the love with it alongside the people he pinged just now.

Fakhar and Sarfi are the 2 most loved cricketers for actual pakistani fans due to their services in 2017 and 2018 as well as 2015 and NZ test game for sarfi + 2023 nz wc game from fakhar, and the underrated trinseries final in t20.

These 2 have sacrificed life and limb for pakistan cricket despite being abused by their corrupt piers from a corrupt nation.

Rana would never in his life advocate for fakhar to be replaced as an opener in any format. He's the no 1 advocate of it? This is pure lies from you no offense.

Rana would never in his life advocate for fakhar to be replaced as an opener in any format. He's the no 1 advocate of it? This is pure lies from you no offense.
You're new. I feel for you also mate. Here have a look and cry for him.

Screenshot 2024-09-11 100524.png

I can vouch for @Rana Here, he loves Fakhar zaman and shares the love with it alongside the people he pinged just now.

Fakhar and Sarfi are the 2 most loved cricketers for actual pakistani fans due to their services in 2017 and 2018 as well as 2015 and NZ test game for sarfi + 2023 nz wc game from fakhar, and the underrated trinseries final in t20.

These 2 have sacrificed life and limb for pakistan cricket despite being abused by their corrupt piers from a corrupt nation.

@shariqnoor can you provide the Coke Zero version of my comment where I wanted Fakhar Zaman replaced as a T20 opener with Asif Ali

2020, it's in your member interview, I checked
So back then, Rizwan wasn’t really in the picture…and Fakhar was most likely struggling, plus Sharjeel wasn’t in contention either. A lot of people are asking for Asif Ali to open in T20 cricket right now, Fakhar must have been struggling at the time when I said this. The idea remains the same, someone who can utilise the powerplay. That’s the way it should always be, I wouldn’t suggest 2 safe players to open in T20.

This guy can try and dig up things I might have said years ago to bring me down. Maybe he can find something like “Umar Akmal is better than Kohli (from around 2009-12)”. He can try using that to bring me down to.

What remains is my intention, which is pure. Yes back in 2020 when Fakhar was struggling, why not try Asif Ali as an opener?

So back then, Rizwan wasn’t really in the picture…and Fakhar was most likely struggling, plus Sharjeel wasn’t in contention either. A lot of people are asking for Asif Ali to open in T20 cricket right now, Fakhar must have been struggling at the time when I said this. The idea remains the same, someone who can utilise the powerplay. That’s the way it should always be, I wouldn’t suggest 2 safe players to open in T20.

This guy can try and dig up things I might have said years ago to bring me down. Maybe he can find something like “Umar Akmal is better than Kohli (from around 2009-12)”. He can try using that to bring me down to.

What remains is my intention, which is pure. Yes back in 2020 when Fakhar was struggling, why not try Asif Ali as an opener?
I read your member interview just now as well as some past comments from 2020.

At the time fakhar was struggling and you based it off that, Rizzu was at no 4 flopping like a fish lol in t20.

I liked reading the member interview, Pretty top notch. Also bro relax, you don't need to justify yourself to me, you're my favourite poster, I saw your past comments, you were the first to criticise the ba-riz opening combo at a time when everyone was praising it and this was before 2022 wc, and even the people you pinged didn't see it that way, it took them until wc 2022 and asia cup 2022 to realise.

So chill, 👍🏻.

I read your member interview just now as well as some past comments from 2020.

At the time fakhar was struggling and you based it off that, Rizzu was at no 4 flopping like a fish lol in t20.

I liked reading the member interview, Pretty top notch. Also bro relax, you don't need to justify yourself to me, you're my favourite poster, I saw your past comments, you were the first to criticise the ba-riz opening combo at a time when everyone was praising it and this was before 2022 wc, and even the people you pinged didn't see it that way, it took them until wc 2022 and asia cup 2022 to realise.

So chill, 👍🏻.
Tbh I know you and others will not need any justification from me, but it’s more for the benefit of those who could be deceived by someone intentionally looking to deceive like this guy just got caught doing.

He then wants to take the high ground by telling people not to accuse him of lying….

The same guy who claims to hold a moral high ground on people like Muhammad Amir and Sharjeel Khan

Asif now has a chance to prove his worth. Pakistan needs a lower-order batter and the spot is up there for grabs.

Not gonna get a better chance than this tournament. Should make his way back in the team if he is capable enough.

Solid innings, but unfortunately, it didn't quite meet the situation's demands. He should have stayed at the crease longer. Despite scoring a valuable 50 off 43, he departed prematurely against the Markhors in the Champions One Day Cup 2024.

Excellent innings.

He showed today that he can build an innings and not just a mindless slogger.

He know is a powerhouse and can hammer it, but this type of innings was missing from him in the past.

Positive signs of development.

good to see he is getting his form back.. hopefully he will make a strong comeback in Pakistan team soon!

21 ODIs and 58 T20Is
55 International sixes
959 runs in international cricket
Winner of PSL 2016 and 2018

Happy Birthday to the hard-hitting batter, Mohammad Asif.

I hope he can do some wonders and be back in the team. Can he?

21 ODIs and 58 T20Is
55 International sixes

yes he can do wonders in nets hitting 150 sixes daily lol

21 ODIs and 58 T20Is
55 International sixes

Its simple he just needs to learn to play fast bowling and spin bowling. Then he can do wonders.

Back