[VIDEOS] Muhammad Akhlaq - Wicket-keeper batter performance watch

Firebat

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
The 28 year-old makes his PSL debut for Islamabad United today against Karachi, keeping wicket and batting at #3.

A List A average of 36.6 from 24 games and a T20 average of 26.7 from 9 matches (SR 131.1).

Looks pretty self-assured but unfortunately this format isn't meant for taking your time and building an innings.

Let's see who he does.

Last edited:
And gets bowled on his 2nd ball trying to brainlessly slog Waqas back over his head.

Another one who Rizwan fans will target.

That being said, what an awful way of getting out :)))

Most of the youngsters in PSL are Sloggers, no one reading the ball properly.

For me Saim Ayub looks solid, he playing balls on merit.
He might not fit in T20's but good for Tests and ODI's.

Excellent catch

Rutherford c Muhammad Akhlaq b Hasan Ali 29(8) [4s-1 6s-4]

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/k000sb" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

In the National T20 Mohammed Akhlaq Hit Shaheen Afridi for three sixes in one over

Akhlaq opening for Islamabad and scoring 26 (15). An entertaining knock with some brilliant shots.

amir3.jpg

He does look good when he connects. Would be interested to see what his domestic average is as that gives a full picture.

He looked good in his brief stay today

Looks like Isloo United have yet again unearthed another pinch hitter after Asif Ali.

Probably also the only team which backs these bashers, inconsistent performers.

I have to say this guy has a strong range of strokes. Watched a bit of him in KPL.

Scored 62 (35) today.

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/rnb5aa" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Putting himself in radar for the position of backup keeper. Can play at different numbers and has some shots against pacers as well as spinners.

He has good range of shots but needs to learn how to building an innings.He like Haider Ali tries too hard.

If he continues to perform He should take the second wicket keeper batting spot in the world cup squad

Done well in Pakistan cup

At the House of Northern in Islamabad, Central Punjab beat Northern by 30 runs. Due to overnight rain, the match was curtailed to 25 overs each innings. Batting first, Central Punjab on the back of an unbeaten knock of 70 from wicketkeeper-batter Muhammad Akhlaq scored 193 for five. Akhlaq struck seven fours and one six off 56 balls faced.

E9UzhN7.png

Karachi Kings’ debutant right-handed opener Muhammad Akhlaq was pleased with his match-winning half-century knock against Lahore Qalandars in the last group fixture of the ongoing Pakistan Super League (PSL) season eight.

Akhlaq, who was adjudged the player of the match for his magnificent 51 which powered the Kings to a competitive total, interacted with the media and expressed his satisfaction with his brilliant performance.

“I’m thankful to Almighty Allah for granting me respect in my debut match. I felt really good to play for Karachi Kings,” said Akhlaq.

“I’ve played for Islamabad [United] and Karachi [Kings] and enjoyed my time being in both sides and also learn a lot. But in Karachi [Kings], the Almighty Allah granted with respect,” he maintained.

The right-handed batter then commented on the Kings’ campaign in the PSL 8 and asserted that few close losses and below-par death bowling dented their march to the playoffs.

“Our team was outstanding but we’ve been unlucky in this tournament as we lost most of the matches by close margins. So, I think it was just bad luck. Things were going well but we couldn’t get satisfactory results in the end,” Akhlaq said.

“The prime reason behind our defeats was that we were struggling in the death bowling, we couldn’t bowl well in the last five overs of the innings,” he added.

It is worth mentioning that after Akhlaq propelled the Kings to 196/7 the Kings’ bowlers crushed the Qalandars’ batting unit to script a resounding 86-run victory.

The dominating victory over Qalandars in their final PSL 8 fixture lifted the Kings to finish in fifth spot as they finished with six points in 10 matches.

ARY

At the post match interview it seemed like Imad was accepting that he should have played more than one game.

The guy didn't look the fittest but did well with the bat and behind the stumps.

*Kings’ Akhlaq ‘pleased’ with his match-winning knock against Qalandars*

Lahore, 12 March 2023:

Karachi Kings’ debutant right-handed opener Muhammad Akhlaq was pleased with his match-winning half-century knock against Lahore Qalandars in the last group fixture of the ongoing Pakistan Super League (PSL) season eight.

Akhlaq, who was adjudged the player of the match for his magnificent 51 which powered the Kings to a competitive total, interacted with the media and expressed his satisfaction with his brilliant performance.

“I’m thankful to Almighty Allah for granting me respect in my debut match. I felt really good to play for Karachi Kings,” said Akhlaq.

“I’ve played for Islamabad [United] and Karachi [Kings] and enjoyed my time being in both sides and also learn a lot. But in Karachi [Kings], the Almighty Allah granted with respect,” he maintained.

The right-handed batter then commented on the Kings’ campaign in the PSL 8 and asserted that few close losses and below-par death bowling dented their march to the playoffs.

“Our team was outstanding but we’ve been unlucky in this tournament as we lost most of the matches by close margins. So, I think it was just bad luck. Things were going well but we couldn’t get satisfactory results in the end,” Akhlaq said.

“The prime reason behind our defeats was that we were struggling in the death bowling, we couldn’t bowl well in the last five overs of the innings,” he added.

It is worth mentioning that after Akhlaq propelled the Kings to 196/7 the Kings’ bowlers crushed the Qalandars’ batting unit to script a resounding 86-run victory.

The dominating victory over Qalandars in their final PSL 8 fixture lifted the Kings to finish in fifth spot as they finished with six points in 10 matches.

Highlights of his innings

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/irdNwL5m8O8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Like all the other new Pakistani player ( with the exception of Saim and probably Omair Yusuf ) including Tahir Tayyab , he has poor technique as a batter. Not righting him off completely but nothing to be excited about.

Muhammad Akhlaq makes 53 off 37 in Lahore Whites' seven-wicket win over Larkana.

A very good knock from this young gun.

He added a 113-run partnership with Ahmed Shehzad.

Him and Zeeshan Ashraf are very underrated players

They should be well ahead of the pecking order instead of guys like Haseebullah

Him and Zeeshan Ashraf are very underrated players

They should be well ahead of the pecking order instead of guys like Haseebullah
Haseebullah is miles better then both with the gloves. The 2 are not even part timers while keeping. In terms of batting there are good hitters but only at domestic level. They both were pretty poor in Psl.

Haseebullah is miles better then both with the gloves. The 2 are not even part timers while keeping. In terms of batting there are good hitters but only at domestic level. They both were pretty poor in Psl.

Agreed, Haseeb Ullah is more technically sound

ZA was part of the team that won LQ’s first title

Akhlaq looked like KK’s best pakistan batsman after Imad in last year’s edition. He most likely will get retained by them.

Muhammad Akhlaq (202 not out, 199b, 18x4s, 10x6s) struck his maiden first-class double hundred today in the sixth round of ongoiing President's Trophy 2024, while also registering the first double ton of the tournament, decimating the Ghani Glass bowling attack.

The standard of the new domestic season was pathetic. But this looks million miles worse if the likes of him ,Umar akmal etc are scoring runs.

Muhammad Akhlaq made centuries in back to back games. He scored 100 (97) in the second innings on Day 2, helping WAPDA to a victory of 3 wickets over PTV in the seventh round of the President's Trophy 2023.

Muhammad Akhlaq made centuries in back to back games. He scored 100 (97) in the second innings on Day 2, helping WAPDA to a victory of 3 wickets over PTV in the seventh round of the President's Trophy 2023.
These are highlights of his impressive knock.

Mohammad Akhlaq scored 66 runs on 42 deliveries to help his team stay in the chase of 190 runs in the opening game of SPL.

I don’t mind this guy having a go instead of Azam Khan in the T20 squad

Lovely player to watch bat as well

I don’t mind this guy having a go instead of Azam Khan in the T20 squad

Lovely player to watch bat as well
Yes indeed he is a very good player and way better than Azam Khan but he looks a bit over aged now dont know whether he gets an international call or not.

Yes indeed he is a very good player and way better than Azam Khan but he looks a bit over aged now dont know whether he gets an international call or not.
Might as well go for him. Misbah got his proper call up when he was 33-34.

Even if he gives you one good cycle (4 years) then there is no harm as you will get his best years

Looked pretty poor wherever he got a chance in PSL with the bat from what I recall.

Just because he's made back to back centuries against club level attacks on flat pancakes in 4 day cricket, he should get a crack at T20 in international cricket - great stuff 👍🏻 by the way for whoever uses this logic as PCB surely does.

I remember quite vividly that his bat grip and momentum going with the hands is very similar to Luke Ronchi’s whenever I saw him play. He is a solid talent, a bit old but he has solid intent too as a batsman

Time to dominate now. The game is just a few hours away. Have'nt done anything yet for his team. Let's see

-------------------------

KINGS’ AKHLAQ AIMS TO DOMINATE QALANDARS’ STRUGGLING BOWLING ATTACK

LAHORE: Wicketkeeper batter Muhammad Akhlaq expressed his hope to give his best in the biggest rivalry of the HBL Pakistan Super League (PSL) between two former champions Karachi Kings and Lahore Qalandars.

Akhlaq, while talking to the media at the LCCA Ground here on Friday, commented on the ongoing rough patch of the defending champions’ star-studded bowling attack and revealed his plans to benefit the Kings.

“When bowlers are bowling well, they pose a different pressure. If they are not able to bowl well then we will definitely take advantage of that and will turn Lahore Qalandars’ week points into our plus points,” Akhlaq stated.

The wicketkeeper batter, however, was unfazed by the hype of the biggest rivalry of the HBL PSL and asserted that he would stick to his basics.

“I would go with the same plan, the way I played against Lahore last year. So, I would go with a positive mindset this year too and will do what’s best for the team,” he said.

Muhammad Akhlaq also opened up on his aggressive approach, the glimpses of which were seen in his blistering 24-run knock against Peshawar Zalmi which featured three boundaries and two sixes.

“An opener should bat with an aggressive approach in the first six overs. And our team’s plan is that the top order should focus on their natural game. I did the same and received a good response,” said Akhlaq.

It is pertinent to mention that the highly-anticipated clash of the HBL PSL 9 takes place on Saturday when Karachi Kings take on arch-rivals Lahore Qalandars at their fort.

Karachi Kings boast a superior head-to-head record against the Qalandars, having won 11 out of 17 matches.

SOURCE: https://karachikings.com.pk/muhammad-akhlaq-dominate-qalandars-bowling/

I don't know why KK dropped him in today's match against Islamabad. He was the one who was giving us a quick start in power plays.

Muhammad Akhlaq played a scintillating knock of 101*(66) for WAPDA but in the losing cause against SBP.

He is a way better option compared to Haseebullah but the problem is that somehow if he makes his way to the Pakistan team, so another opener will be added to the race.

Back