[VIDEOS] "My aim is to become Pakistan team's main spinner": Abrar Ahmed

Since his debut on December 2022. Abrar has only played 6 Test matches. In this duration Pakistan have played 11 Test matches.

England is coming home again. Has Pakistan gave Abrar enough matches to improve and become a more consistent bowler?

Since his debut on December 2022. Abrar has only played 6 Test matches. In this duration Pakistan have played 11 Test matches.

England is coming home again. Has Pakistan gave Abrar enough matches to improve and become a more consistent bowler?
If England tonks him, Pakistan will use this kid as a scapegoat for shadab.

You realise this Nexus SNGPL trend was started by your beloved hero Misbah the saviour?

What trend?
The friendship group.

The first friendship group was that of Misbah, Shafiq, irfan, and Yasir shah.

The 2nd group featured Misbah, Rizwan, Chacha.

And now the 3rd group features Babar, Rizwam, Chacha, Shadab, Abdullah and Shan

If England tonks him, Pakistan will use this kid as a scapegoat for shadab.

You realise this Nexus SNGPL trend was started by your beloved hero Misbah the saviour?
This has been a common practice in Pakistan team culture. Debutants & young players returning after a long time or injury are directly introduced on tough away tours instead of home series or in important home series without match practice.
Not a fan of Fawad Alam but when he was recalled to the team after several years they took him directly for tough away series against England & New Zealand instead of home series. A debutant & a player returning after a long time or injury must get enough match practice in home series so that he can get some confidence & rhythm. Another funny thing is they have a habit of carrying injured players on foreign tours instead of fully fit players. Shaheen travelled to UAE despite injury, Abrar and some others went to Australia despite injury

This has been a common practice in Pakistan team culture. Debutants & young players returning after a long time or injury are directly introduced on tough away tours instead of home series or in important home series without match practice.
Not a fan of Fawad Alam but when he was recalled to the team after several years they took him directly for tough away series against England & New Zealand instead of home series. A debutant & a player returning after a long time or injury must get enough match practice in home series so that he can get some confidence & rhythm. Another funny thing is they have a habit of carrying injured players on foreign tours instead of fully fit players. Shaheen travelled to UAE despite injury, Abrar and some others went to Australia despite injury
Fawad alam was a good player and would have been key to pakistan odi during the misbah dark days.

Back then pakistan did not have many options, and had Misbah not been so stuck up having stubborn views in whiteball cricket,

He'd have forwarded azhar, Fawad, Sharjeel, Sami, Haris sohail and a few others during that era.

But instead he tried his hardest to make asad shafiq work

How can you drop this guy for no reason.

Skqk86e.png

@mominsaigol hanji .it has started, soon abrar bubble will also burst .
I didn't hype abrar up lol, and I only hyped Agha up to troll you for the rizwan ping troll you pulled on me 🤣🤣.

For abrar I said that he's a much better option then shadab who's a total fraud and clown and I stand by that.

Is abrar world class? Absolutely not, infact he's no where close to even mehidy hasan, But he has to play all formats plain and simple.

Pakistan does not have a yasir Shah in tests anymore, nor a chuck ajmal, or afridi etc etc.

But regardless abrar is still a good spinner. And I fully stand by that claim, and no good spinner does not mean he's world class. Not every Tom dick and Harry will turn into a zampa or kuldeep.

How can you drop this guy for no reason.

Skqk86e.png

Bacha Party logic is as such that they will say drop him if he doesn’t perform in this game so we can send him to the dog house for the next 5 years, and let Shadab and co twerk during that period, then we can come back here and talk about what a wasted talent Abrar was….

Spinners take years to develop.
Look at Graeme Swann’s record when he first came into Test cricket — average.
For God’s sake, look at Shane Warne’s first few Tests - worse than average.

Abrar has barely played any Test cricket, Pakistan has a woeful first class structure — how exactly is he expected to learn.

Truly I despair sometimes…..

Talk about Abrar only. Not the thread of India and England spinners.

Stay on topic.

Why Saqlain has failed to develop or improve any spinner in Pakistan despite being a head coach?

I would like to know the difference between Abrars stats from his first test match and the rest of the test matches? I bet not pretty. He's been found out

Like I said in the other thread.

There’s a reason why nobody was ready to give him a chance in the playing eleven.

You cannot keep true talent away from the team for long.

It will be a miracle if he does well in the long run but I guess you also need spinning tracks to be able to do well.

Not even troubling the tailenders.

After his 5-fer on debut, the ENG batsmen played him easily as the novelty wore off.

He is so overrated and overhyped and has got zero skills with ball.

Nauman chacha is much better than this garbage.

Abrar hasn't been bowling well at all. How do Pakistani bowlers keep getting average so fast....

He can’t become a test match bowler unless he started turning sharp which he doesn’t currently. This sort of slow turn won’t even trouble a tailend batsmen.

Pakistan keeps making the mistake of playing a T20 bowler in Test Cricket

Spinners take years to develop.
Look at Graeme Swann’s record when he first came into Test cricket — average.
For God’s sake, look at Shane Warne’s first few Tests - worse than average.

Abrar has barely played any Test cricket, Pakistan has a woeful first class structure — how exactly is he expected to learn.

Truly I despair sometimes…..

One doesn’t need to be a genius to know Abrar is special kid. Abrar has been intentionally kept out for so long, these things affect players’ mental state more than we think. He can’t just show up and start doing his magic. Needs some more time.

There’s no doubt he’s a special bowler.

Last edited by a moderator:
10 international appearances (7 Tests, 3 T20Is)

41 wickets across formats

Second-best match figures on Test debut by a Pakistan bowler (11/234)

Wishing Abrar Ahmed a very Happy 26th birthday.

This kid isn't bad, people are too harsh for Bangladesh. He won't perform in every game, give it time. I'd rather have him then sheddy
Yeap. Exactly. Just 1 bad game is nothing to judge him. He is still out best spinner.

Noman ali is past now. I see no other guy in domestic who can replace him. No chance.
He's not that past lol. He can play for 2 to 3 more years in test only.

He's a spinner. The only thing is he can't play in whiteball for obvious reasons.

This kid isn't bad, people are too harsh for Bangladesh. He won't perform in every game, give it time. I'd rather have him then sheddy
It’s called settling for mediocracy we’ve settled for usman Ifty asif Azam shadab Kushdil Talat, add Abra Murali to the list.

It’s called settling for mediocracy we’ve settled for usman Ifty asif Azam shadab Kushdil Talat, add Abra Murali to the list.
Well it's the level pakistan is at now, We don't have saeed ajmal, Hafeez and afridi as our spin trio anymore. Nor do we have yasir Shah who for a period of time was excellent in test

Abrar isn't ideal but he can improve and get better, might ad well invest and keep improving him.

You can always program and upgrade a medicore piece of software and make it revolutionary. You can't however fix a computer that had been shattered into a million pieces(Azam, Chacha, Shadab)

Well it's the level pakistan is at now, We don't have saeed ajmal, Hafeez and afridi as our spin trio anymore. Nor do we have yasir Shah who for a period of time was excellent in test

Abrar isn't ideal but he can improve and get better, might ad well invest and keep improving him.

You can always program and upgrade a medicore piece of software and make it revolutionary. You can't however fix a computer that had been shattered into a million pieces(Azam, Chacha, Shadab)
Abrar will never improve. He has been in circuit for over 4 years and he is yet to show any signs of improvement. He can only spin the ball at very slow pace which will never trouble international batters. His google is too slow too. He has not improved the pace of his googly at all. His faster deliveries do not have enough revs for the ball to turn.Its time to move on from him especially for test cricket. Guys like kashif bhatti deserve a chance. He travelled with Pakistan team and was dropped without playing a game. Moreover, age is never a factor for spinner. They can easily play till late 30s.

He should not be discarded just because of one bad game.

Pakistan didn't play him for a while. That probably impacted his form and even confidence.

Back