[VIDEOS] "My aim is to become Pakistan team's main spinner": Abrar Ahmed

There is a 14 year old leggie from Bajor namely Maaz khan and he turns the ball freakishly at very high pace and almost on any surface and also got a very good control , don’t know why he didn’t played any domestic games yet even though Aqib Javed has recognized his talent 6 months ago.

There is a 14 year old leggie from Bajor namely Maaz khan and he turns the ball freakishly at very high pace and almost on any surface and also got a very good control , don’t know why he didn’t played any domestic games yet even though Aqib Javed has recognized his talent 6 months ago.
His videos are available over YouTube along with detailed interview with his coach , the guy can rip it and turn the ball sharply both ways and as good as Usman Qadir with very good control

Hopefully mahmood comes into replace him
Sajid khan would be more of the same

Shame really because abrar used to be our trophy spinner

I want to know who messed with Shadab bowling , he was actually a good bowler when he started his career , used to get sharp turn (not big) both ways at 95kph and even with lack of control he doesn’t give the batter any time to adjust and this was his key weapon in getting wickets , but he then changed his bowling altogether and tried to become a traditional leggie and start bowling with more flight but some how he lost the spin and control after that.

In this age of social media it is impossible to not get noticed if you are above average player , for batsmen it is difficult but for pacer with extreme pace or a spinner who get freakish turn are just one video away to become overnight sensation, I think we just don’t have any hidden gems left in whole Pakistan.

In this age of social media it is impossible to not get noticed if you are above average player , for batsmen it is difficult but for pacer with extreme pace or a spinner who get freakish turn are just one video away to become overnight sensation, I think we just don’t have any hidden gems left in whole Pakistan.

We don't have a single decent, never mind world class, spinner. In the entire domestic system not a single spinner.

Didn't they see this coming? Or did they think Shadab would have become their lead spinner in all formats by now :ROFLMAO:

We don't have a single decent, never mind world class, spinner. In the entire domestic system not a single spinner.

Didn't they see this coming? Or did they think Shadab would have become their lead spinner in all formats by now :ROFLMAO:
We have world class spinner waiting on the bench "Buzurg" Noman Ali :ROFLMAO:

If Pakistan get beat in this test match, then Abrar will be dropped like a stone with Zahid replacing him. He can't really complain as he not looked test class standard since his debut match.

If Pakistan get beat in this test match, then Abrar will be dropped like a stone with Zahid replacing him. He can't really complain as he not looked test class standard since his debut match.
Zahid and Nauman have been sent home for failing the fitness Test

Checked this zahid mahmood. Not sure he deserves wickets for those deliveries. Especially the King Babar wicket

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just silly. We don’t have any wrist spinners and it takes a long time to develop a leg spinner. Abrar is awful but you have to see something in a player to select him and once selected they need a few chances. He will learn from this or we can be polishing off other wrist spinners. Abrar is no worse than Usama, qadir, shadab etc. But you def need 3 or 4 leg spin bowlers that are competing and in different formats. Even warne competed with McGill until he just overshot him in the late 90’s.

Nowadays so much cricket is played that squad rotation becomes the norm.

On another note looking at domestic games being played Yasir shah also doesn’t look like he’s getting any wickets so I think the cupboard is bare. Usman Tariq has a long way to go.

Abrar better start working on his batting.
This is not off the back of one innings. This current match, last match vs Bangladesh and even in the series vs England last time, the more the novelty wore off the easier he was to play.

If he proves me wrong I’ll be over the moon, but at the moment he can neither contain nor pick up wickets.

Ironically he may be a good shout for white ball, but they never pick him

Exactly this , Usman Qadir might have gone for 7 in an over but pretty sure he would have picked 3/4 wickets today. His sharp speed and big turn is 10X better than any other spinner in our domestic cricket.
Usman Qadir was a talent. Sharp turner of the ball, got bounce due to height. Pakistan just missed the opportunity. He would have improved a lot had he been given chances in FC cricket and represent Pakistan international team consistently. He wasn't given fare chances to prove himself.

Would have been better to play Nauman and see if he could prevent run scoring at least. Or maybe Faisal akram who would have been unknown to England.

Abrar is leg spinning version of THeekshana. Stock delivery straight with not much turn. Googly turns more than his stock delivery albeit slowly. Basically he doesn't extract massive turn to create enough doubts in the batsman's mind. ALso he is slow unlike Anil Kumble who didn't turn much. On surfaces like Pakistan surfaces batsman can camp on their backfoot until he pitches up and plays everything. They should expose Abrar to different conditions and see how he does. Hope they don't totally write him off based on his outings in pindi pitches. Who knows. He might be a different bowler in different conditions with different ball.

Guys who are not big turner off the ball needs to be bowling at around 90-95kph with their surprise delivery rising up to 105kph and with slight spin either way will create enough doubt in the minds of the batsmen plus he won't have an extra time to play on the backfoot when the ball pitches and starts turning resulting in more chance for a wicket , Rashid Khan is exactly like this as he doesn't get huge spin but still he is extremely successful. Past examples were Afridi and Kumble.

Abrar may have to get inspiration from these bowlers.

Imad Wasim was also a not spinner of the ball but he relied on his straight delivery and in-drifter at 95kph to get loads of wickets.

But if you bowl at harmless pace and doesn't get much spin either then you are bound to be carted all around the park each and every day.

Mehran Mumtaz is also a bowl quicker and turn it slightly at high pace , even Yasir Shah wasn't a huge spinner either but he's got enough spin and revs with deadly accuracy at relatively high pace compare to traditional leggie.

Abrar has been a disappointment so far but what can we say, It was a dead and flattest of the flat wickets where he has to bowl. Not 100% his fault but yes, he can do a better job at containing runs if he is not getting wickets but atm it is not just going his way.

Typical Modern Pakistan player.. ran away from challenge today. A spinner with few skips and he has fever now. Only want to bowl 4 overs these softies today. Qadir/Saqlain etc will bowl for there country with a broken leg.

Leg-spinner Abrar Ahmed could not bowl on the fourth day due to fever

Abrar Ahmed is undergoing treatment at a local hospital.

Abrar Ahmed complained of fever and body pain this morning.

Abrar Ahmed was taken to the hospital for an initial check-up.

All the tests of Abrar Ahmed have been completed.

A further date will be issued after the report of Abrar Ahmed's tests.

Pakistan High Performance Coach Tim Nielsen addressed a press conference after day 4 of the 1st Test between England and Pakistan:

"I can’t tell you, I’m sorry. I know he’s still in the hospital. We were kind of aware once we lost our sixth wicket this afternoon that it was like, ‘Okay, is he going to be able to get here?’ But he was still in the hospital, and that’s all I know. I couldn’t tell you more than that. I’m not even sure exactly what the condition is, to be honest, so I wouldn’t be willing to say anything more here."

Spin resources under misabh was way better than anyone else that's why he was made UAE almost fortress for pakistan
Bro how come misbah knew which spinner to pick and he played them at the right time you made a great point misbah made a fortress for pak

If you can't take wickets you must be able to control the run flow and Abrar hasn't done either.

Back