[VIDEOS] Nicolas Pooran - Performance Watch

Loved it. Was hitting Narine and Hafeez too. I hoep he'll be playing for the Windies soon.

Nicolas Pooran: 17-year old Wicket-Keeper

Such decent hitting.

These leagues are great for Youngsters to make a mark for themselves.

Nicolas Pooran - West Indies U19 Player

What an amazing innings by the youngster. He is only 17.

From 8/60 to 208.

Pooran plays what is the quintessential captains innings and hits 143 out of the total 208.

Take a bow.

Also kudos to Aussie attack. Some decent quicks in that lineup. Good to see.

pooran and chanders jr are looking good...However this is west indies don't forget :viv

That was one heck of an innings. Shows his ability to handle pressure.

Re: Pooran - Windies under 19s captain

Lol turns out he is not even captain

pooran and chanders jr are looking good...However this is west indies don't forget :viv

Really? I thought Shiv junior looked like a hack today or atleast he was made to look that way by the Aussie quicks.

Really? I thought Shiv junior looked like a hack today or atleast he was made to look that way by the Aussie quicks.

Shiv junior has a better stance then his father.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Please note ... Pooran is 16 years old and from Trinidad and Tobago , he has been playing
FC cricket from the age of 14 at school and leagues in T&T .We have a few more young ones like
him coming up the ladder , then we give them to the WICB and they end up like charcoal.

A report on the game below

Australia overcomes Pooran’s onslaught to reach ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2014 semi-final

A magnificent century by West Indies’ wicketkeeper-batsman Nicolas Pooran went in vain as Australia reached its third successive ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2014 semi-final with a comfortable five-wicket victory in front of the Star Sports cameras at Dubai International Cricket Stadium on Sunday.

Pooran, who came out to bat in the fourth over of the morning with the West Indies tottering at seven for three, was the last batsman out after scoring a scintillating 143 that lifted his side to 208 in 49.5 overs after it had collapsed to 70 for eight. However, the target proved to be a small one for the Australians who achieved the victory in 46.4 overs for the loss of five wickets after openers Matthew Short and Jaron Morgan put on 107 runs for the first wicket.

The West Indies’ decision to bat first after winning the toss badly backfired when it plunged to 70 for eight in the 27th over. At that stage, Pooran, who was batting on 38, changed gears and went on to play one of the finest knocks in the history of the tournament.

Pooran clobbered 14 fours and six sixes in a 160-ball innings and added 136 runs with number-10 batsman Jerome Jones (20). Pooran’s 50 came from 76 balls and included six fours and a six, while he reached his century from 133 balls with eight fours and five sixes. Out of his final 43 runs that came off 27 balls, 30 were scored through boundaries.

Pooran’s innings was finally ended by fast bowler Guy Walker who finished as the pick of Australia’s bowlers with three for 44. Ben Ashkenazi (two for 37) and Thomas Andrews (two for 57) were the other wicket-takers.
Australia, in its run-chase, was never in trouble after Short and Morgan provided their side a 107-run first wicket stand in 21 overs. Even though both the openers departed in the space of five balls, Jake Doran ensured there we no hiccups as the three-time champion reached victory in 46.4 overs for the loss of five wickets.

Morgan hit eight fours and a six in a 66-ball 55, Short’s 62-ball 52 included four fours while Doran scored 49 not out from 64 balls with three fours.

Pooran, reflecting on his innings, said: “At 70 for eight, I wasn’t thinking much. I just wanted to do what my coaches had said, which is to bat, bat and bat, and occupy the crease as much as possible.
“I was kind of surprised with the kind of support I got from Jones because he’s a guy who likes to play his shots.

“Definitely this is one of the best innings I have played to date, but I am disappointed that we did not win. When you make runs, you want to see your side to win rather than lose.”

Australia captain Alex Gregory praised Pooran when he said: “Pooran played an outstanding innings. He was in control the whole time and played some outstanding shots.”
The captain was delighted with his side’s performance and form. “It’s a great moment for all the boys. We lost to Afghanistan, but it’s great to get a win here in the quarter-final.

“(Guy) Walker and (Billy) Stanlake were very good earlier on. They bowled fast from the word go and that’s what you need your fast bowlers to do.”

Last edited:
I've just caught some footage of the match - it was really a top innings from Pooran, who seems to be an excellent stroke-player particularly on the leg-side and against the spin bowlers.

Unfortunately though, his mammoth rescue act went in vain as the West Indian Under-19s were knocked out by Australia in a comfortable manner.

A future West Indian star, if he plays like this. He will be a future legend.

By far the most talented "Young" strokeplayer in the world right now.
Wish he was part of a stronger setup. Incredible potential.

I am truly baffled as to why Denesh Ramdin, Johnson Charles and other random guys play over him. As well as why he hasn't got the big contracts yet.

He is their next T20 superstar in the making.

PSL Debut

Comes into the 2nd Qualifying Final with Islamabad 70/5 requiring 57 runs from 48 balls

He's not developed like one hoped. I saw him in the Bangladeshi league as well and was absolute garbage there.

He's gone the T20 route to earn quick buck instead of concentrating on law key FC and List A cricket to develop into proper player.

Still only 21.

He has looked so good in the world cup but somehow just couldn't convert his starts. Today seems to be the day when he can finally make it count.

Though, would really have to bat out of his skin to pull it off for West Indies from here.

Scored an excellent 118(103) against Sri Lanka to take West Indies close to the 339 chase.

Wasnt impressed when I saw him a couple of years ago. But man he is so impressive now. Excellent talent.

He looks a solid batsman now. West Indies seem to be getting some really talented batsmans.

The Windies batsman care little for the Windies and are more intent on impressing IPL scouts on their hitting ability. The classic case was the game against NZ when a tiny bit of sense by Gayle and hetmyer would have won the game but they were hitting like there was no tomorrow.

West Indies player Nicholas Pooran has been handed four suspension points after admitting breaching level 3 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel during the 3rd ODI match against Afghanistan at Lucknow on Monday.

Pooran was charged with violating Article 2.14 of the code, which relates to “changing the condition of the ball” after video footage showed him scratching the surface of the ball with his thumbnail. He will now miss the next four T20I games for the West Indies and will have five demerit points added to his record.

Pooran admitted the offence on Tuesday and accepted the sanction proposed by Chris Broad of the Emirates ICC Elite Panel of Match Referees and, as such, there was no need for a formal hearing.

The charge was levelled by on-field umpires Bismillah Shinwari and Ahmed Durrani and third umpire Ahmed Pakteen as well as fourth umpire Izatullah Safi.

Level 3 breaches carry a minimum penalty of four suspension points which translates to five demerit points on a player’s record and a ban of two Test matches or four ODI / T20I matches and a maximum penalty of 12 suspension points which equates to 6 demerit points.

Pooran said: “I want to issue a sincere apology to my teammates, supporters and the Afghanistan team for what transpired on the field of play on Monday in Lucknow. I recognise that I made an extreme error in judgement and I fully accept the ICC penalty. I want to assure everyone that this is an isolated incident and it will not be repeated. I promise to learn from this and come back stronger and wiser.”

https://www.icc-cricket.com/media-releases/1494357

West Indies have some serious talent in their ODI squad. They massively underperformed at the World Cup after crushing Pakistan in the opening game. Should have been a serious contender for the semifinals.

West Indies have some exciting batsman coming through.

Pooran looks more consistent than Hetmyer so far.

potential to be the next de villiers.

more talented than hetmeyer

More developed? Yes. More talented? Don't think so.

In terms of 'natural talent', it's probably Evin Lewis at the top followed by Hetmyer.

Also, a top order of Evin Lewis, Shai Hope, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran is an extremely exciting prospect. Add to that the fast bowling of Joseph, Oshane and Paul. They all seem to be very competitive too. Hope they all keep their heads down and make Windies a winning outfit once again.

Last edited:
West Indies have some exciting batsman coming through.

Pooran looks more consistent than Hetmyer so far.

These exciting batman will not care a jot for the Windies. Lara was the instigator with the strike in 98 and since then hardly any player has shown any desire about playing for the Windies.

With guys like Pooran, Pollard, Lewis they need someone like Hope. They need one more stable batsman.

58* off 21 atm vs SRH. Destructive hitting and his fifty off just 17 balls was the fastest of the season.

Another excellent innings 53 off 28 to take his side to a win in the IPL against KXIP

Nicholas Pooran: Wonderful game. We spoke of areas to improve. Very well done to not bring it down to the last over. I got a start and didn't finish the game, so that's disappointing for me. One of those nights, poor communication, simple (about the mix-ups between the wickets). We have to win games. We are ticking boxes, bowling well as a team. I am naturally an aggressive player. I am confident and hitting the ball well.

Say whatever but it's really fun watching him bat. His hitting skills are so awesome to watch.

His hitting ability is unreal. He can hit spinners for 6s at will. Hopefully he adds consistency to his game.

Finally a good news from the west Indies. Pooran selected for the A squad.
Hopefully he performs, he is too good to not play Test Cricket.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's reached a half-century today against Pakistan in Guyana, arguably left it a bit late to go after the bowling.

scored 6 runs from his first 13 balls, and 56 from his next 20 balls. Some great shots, but some poor bowling also.

Captain Pooran dropped by Imam in this 2nd ODI, which might be very very costly. He has the ability to take the game away from Pakistan.

Captain Pooran dropped by Imam in this 2nd ODI, which might be very very costly. He has the ability to take the game away from Pakistan.

5CUuexJ.png

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/ksqnz5" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

This delivery from Nawaz was enough!

5CUuexJ.png

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/ksqnz5" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

This delivery from Nawaz was enough!

Stunning delivery better that his first wicket.

And thus starts a great bowling career for Nicholas Pooran!

3 big wickets for him. - 3/28 now

Last edited:
and now 4 wickets for Pooran.

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
His wickets of Fakhar and Imam, his first 2 ever in international cricket.

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/ea3cnw" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/olqial" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nicholas Pooran's bowling in international cricket before today:<br>3 balls, 0 wickets for 6 runs <br><br>Nicholas Pooran today:<br>10-48-4<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PAKvWI?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PAKvWI</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/1535974971603828738?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 12, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good on him for leading from the front today with the ball.

Backed himself and bowled tidily, with Pakistan playing him as if it was Ravi Ashwin on a dustbowl.

Powerful half-centuries by Marcus Stoinis, Nicholas Pooran and Ayush Badoni's quickfire 30 guided LSG to a one-wicket win in the last ball thriller against RCB in their match here at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium on Monday.

"I want to dedicate this performance to my wife and new born. We knew that the game was on, Stoinis and KL had a wonderful partnership. Stoinis kept us in the game and I knew this was a nice wicket. We could chase even over 50 in the last four, it was about cashing in. The second ball I came in and smashed a six. It is not about getting a look in, if it is in my slot then I will smash it for six. Over the past couple of years, I have put a lot of pressure on myself to finish games. Today also I wanted to finish the game, but got out in the end. I hope this is the season for me, in a good space and state of mind. I just want to enjoy my cricket, play with a smile and entertain, and win games for my team," said Pooran in the post-match presentation.

Pooran has been a standout performer for LSG this season, having scored 141 runs in four matches at an average of 47.00 and a strike rate of over 220. His best score is 62 and has scored one half-century this season.

Put to bat first by LSG, RCB posted a massive 212/2 in their 20 overs. Virat Kohli (61 off 45 balls, 4 boundaries and four sixes) provided a quick start in the powerplay with skipper Faf Du Plessis, forming a 96-run stand in 69 balls.

From then onwards, the skipper picked up speed and formed a 115-run stand with Glenn Maxwell in just 50 balls. Faf scored an unbeaten 79 off 46 balls, consisting of five fours and five sixes. Maxwell scored 59 off 29 balls, consisting of three fours and six sixes. Dinesh Karthik was unbeaten on 1.

Mark Wood (1/32) and Amit Mishra (1/18) were among the wickets for LSG.

In the chase of 213 runs, LSG was off to a bad start as they were reduced to 23/3 in four overs.

However, KL Rahul (18) and Marcus Stoinis had a game-changing 76-run stand for the fourth wicket. Stoinis scored a quick 65 off 30 balls, consisting of six fours and five sixes.

Nicholas Pooran upped the attack following KL and Stoinis's dismissal, scoring 62 off just 19 balls with four boundaries and seven sixes. He formed a quick 84-run stand with Ayush Badoni, who scored 30 off 24 balls.

The equation came down to five runs in the final over bowled by Harshal Patel, who conceded a single on ball one, wicket on ball two. A double and single were taken on balls three and four. Unadkat was dismissed on the penultimate ball, bringing down the equation to one run in a ball. Harshal attempted to run out Ravi Bishnoi from the non-strikers' end but failed. The last ball was a bye and LSG clinched a thrilling one-wicket win.

Mohammed Siraj was the pick of the bowlers for RCB, taking 3/22 in four overs. Wayne Parnell also took 3/41 on his IPL return. Harshal got two scalps but gave away 48 runs in four overs. Karn Sharma took 1/48 in three overs.

With this win, LSG is the table topper with three wins and a loss in four games. They have a total of six points. RCB is in seventh position with a win and two losses in three games and a total of two points.

Pooran won the 'Player of the Match' for his game-changing knock.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...fifty-vs-rcb-in-ipl-2023-101681189983192.html

Pooran on the charge in IPL

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&#55349;&#56807;&#55349;&#56831;&#55349;&#56822;&#55349;&#56829;&#55349;&#56825;&#55349;&#56818; &#55349;&#56807;&#55349;&#56831;&#55349;&#56818;&#55349;&#56814;&#55349;&#56833;!<br><br>Relive the three sixes from <a href="https://twitter.com/nicholas_47?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@nicholas_47</a> that changed it all &#55357;&#56485;&#55357;&#56485;&#55357;&#56485;<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TATAIPL?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TATAIPL</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SRHvLSG?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SRHvLSG</a> <a href="https://t.co/T3IyHw8HbI">https://t.co/T3IyHw8HbI</a> <a href="https://t.co/bG6Hz6mQBr">pic.twitter.com/bG6Hz6mQBr</a></p>— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) <a href="https://twitter.com/IPL/status/1657384712980275202?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 13, 2023</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Another remarkable knock by Pooran today. Made 82(45) deliveries including 6 fours and 6 sixes. His knock has put WI into a commanding position against England in the 3rd t20 of the ongoing series.

Nicholas Pooran played a fiery knock of 64* (41) against Rajasthan Royals in IPL 2024 for LSG, but despite his efforts, Lucknow Super Giants still could not avoid defeat.

Nicholas Pooran scored 42 runs off 21 balls against PBKS in IPL 2024 but was dismissed by Kagiso Rabada. He is a genuine cameo innings king.

Nicholas Pooran - Man in red-hot form

45 runs off just 32 balls against KKR in IPL 2024

Nicholas Pooran's performance in IPL 2024 has been exceptional, serving as the backbone of LSG's batting lineup. His consistent contributions with the bat, including notable innings against RR, PBKS, RCB, GT, and KKR, highlight his importance to the team's success.

Nicholas Pooran - Man in red-hot form

45 runs off just 32 balls against KKR in IPL 2024

Nicholas Pooran's performance in IPL 2024 has been exceptional, serving as the backbone of LSG's batting lineup. His consistent contributions with the bat, including notable innings against RR, PBKS, RCB, GT, and KKR, highlight his importance to the team's success.

Back