[VIDEOS] Pakistan players' performance watch in Caribbean Premier League 2017

I hope people don't slate Hassan for collecting a bottle of rum as his MOM award lol

2 matches, 2 MOMs for Pak bowlers from the CT squad.

Hassan gets a bottle of rum for his efforts... :broad

Pity he's too short. Destined to fail once batsmen have figured him out. Also not quick enough.

Lol! Whats there to figure out for batsmen. He is an orthodox bowler with a simple action, whats that batsmen are going to figure out.

As I have repeatedly said in many posts he is pure class. He is a complete bowler ho can seam the bowl, swing the bowl, can reverse swing it can bowl slower balls have pace touching 145 and can bowl very good bouncers and yorkers.

With your logic Steyn, Waqar, Marshall etc should never have become ATGs:smith

Lol! Whats there to figure out for batsmen. He is an orthodox bowler with a simple action, whats that batsmen are going to figure out.

As I have repeatedly said in many posts he is pure class. He is a complete bowler ho can seam the bowl, swing the bowl, can reverse swing it can bowl slower balls have pace touching 145 and can bowl very good bouncers and yorkers.

We've seen Fizz fizzle out. I think it's the beginning 'purple patch' some new bowlers experience like Hasan Ali, Rabada, etc.

Best to judge him a year from now but I agree he seems a class apart given that he's made an impact most matches he's played.

We've seen Fizz fizzle out. I think it's the beginning 'purple patch' some new bowlers experience like Hasan Ali, Rabada, etc.

Best to judge him a year from now but I agree he seems a class apart given that he's made an impact most matches he's played.

Yes Fizz fizzled out bcz he relied heavily on one delivery which was his fast off cutter and can be said to be an unorthodox delivery.

However, incase of Rabada or Hassan as you mentioned its just good bowling, no special or unorthodox secret weapon which will be figured out making them ineffective.

Yes I agree we should wait till year or so. But considering they both dont rely heavily on anything i.e delivery, conditions, all the ingredients are there. Fingers crossed

Last edited:
Yes Fizz fizzled out bcz he relied heavily on one delivery which was his fast off cutter and can be said to be an unorthodox delivery.

However, incase of Rabada or Hassan as you mentioned its just good bowling, no special or unorthodox secret weapon which will be figured out making them ineffective.

Yes I agree we should wait till year or so. But considering they both dont rely heavily on anything i.e delivery, conditions, all the ingredients are there. Fingers crossed

Indeed. They've both been very consistent despite the conditions so I have high hopes. Hasan Ali has already started his CPL with a MOTM, and it's performances like his and Shadab's that gives hope to the expulsion of oldies like Wahab, Sami etc for good.

Pity he's too short. Destined to fail once batsmen have figured him out. Also not quick enough.

Also with your logic Mourne Morkel should have become a legend which I guess he isnt. While Irfan should have been a world beater and Wahab should have made is way in record books (not the one of conceding most runs).

As they all have height pace etc. But, fast bowling is a lot more than height and pace, surely it helps a lot but can only play a supportive role, there are lot of other ingredients required.

Look at Irfan when he made his debut in England in 2010 he had pace and height but was completely ineffective and than he worked on his seam position, accuracy and consistancy and was a much imrpoved bowler since 2012.

Indeed. They've both been very consistent despite the conditions so I have high hopes. Hasan Ali has already started his CPL with a MOTM, and it's performances like his and Shadab's that gives hope to the expulsion of oldies like Wahab, Sami etc for good.

Agreed. Its really great to see passionate, skillful and energetic youngsters coming up.

Also with your logic Mourne Morkel should have become a legend which I guess he isnt. While Irfan should have been a world beater and Wahab should have made is way in record books (not the one of conceding most runs).

As they all have height pace etc. But, fast bowling is a lot more than height and pace, surely it helps a lot but can only play a supportive role, there are lot of other ingredients required.

Look at Irfan when he made his debut in England in 2010 he had pace and height but was completely ineffective and than he worked on his seam position, accuracy and consistancy and was a much imrpoved bowler since 2012.

I think he was being sarcastic,poking fun at those posters who said he was bound to fail,given his height.

I think he was being sarcastic,poking fun at those posters who said he was bound to fail,given his height.

Hahaha, if thats the case than these posts of mine are for those posters who think that height is everything

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Allahumduillah#I got man of the match in first game in CPL &#55357;&#56397;&#55356;&#57339; <a href="https://t.co/tpVMH4NsCd">pic.twitter.com/tpVMH4NsCd</a></p>— Hasan Ali (@RealHa55an) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealHa55an/status/893923065188503552">August 5, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It was pure sarcasm; thought it would be obvious. Have been Hasan's biggest fan since the get go.

Poor Sami falls just short of a fifty. He's single-handedly carried Tridents to 142/7... 4-0-48-0!

Anyone want highlights? :wahab2

31 runs off his two death overs... Sami being his usual excellent self at the back end of the innings. Such consistency. :bow:

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x5w0sbk" allowfullscreen></iframe>.

Thanks. Not in game shape. Conditioning and burst is not there.

The rest was good for him though. Should be recharged.

31 runs off his two death overs... Sami being his usual excellent self at the back end of the innings. Such consistency. :bow:

Somethings just never change.

Sami should have ideally been bowled out before the 15th over.

Thanks. Not in game shape. Conditioning and burst is not there.

The rest was good for him though. Should be recharged.

Yeah noticed that during the game as well. I would also say that he wasn't going full throttle. The question is why? Maybe trying to ease in or just take it easy so won't get injured.

Yeah noticed that during the game as well. I would also say that he wasn't going full throttle. The question is why? Maybe trying to ease in or just take it easy so won't get injured.
Nearly two months off. Going full throttle first game back wouldn't be the smartest thing to do and he is not in condition to do so anyway.

Excellent stuff from the Pakistani youngsters.

Usual stuff from Mohammad Sami :)

It seems like every time Wahab plays, the analysts bring up his spell against Watson.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x5w1lf5" allowfullscreen></iframe>.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x5w1on0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Sami/Wahab proving you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

It's programmed in their DNA.

Whaaab, you lucky boy.

Even the ump took pity on him this time.

There was nothing behind the line on landing.

Last edited:
Wahab just took a wicket, but big controversy. It looks like it was a no ball but the third umpire thought otherwise.

Is it just me or does Imad look horribly out of form with the bat? He just keeps playing cross batted shots.

Nearly two months off. Going full throttle first game back wouldn't be the smartest thing to do and he is not in condition to do so anyway.

Yes he is a smart guy and knows how to handle himself unlike Umar Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad.

With the skills he have and now the consistency which he has developed he can dominate average or good batsmen with even half the throttle. :hasan

Though I was only able to see speedometer for his first over, rest of his spell was without any sort of speed representation.

It was pure sarcasm; thought it would be obvious. Have been Hasan's biggest fan since the get go.

Hahaha didnt know brother. It wasnt very obvious because I have seen some posters making such statements and truly believing them. Let my words be for those who still believe that what you said as sarcasm.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does Imad look horribly out of form with the bat? He just keeps playing cross batted shots.

not just you. though, if they had won he would have been the likely man of the match on the back of his bowling and a few handy runs.

Hahaha didnt know brother. It wasnt very obvious because I have seen some posters making such statements and truly believing them. Let my words be for those who still believe that what you said as sarcasm.

ya it is a strange place this board. :)

A somewhat decent game for Wahab is guess but he still has problems with bowling no balls, he bowled a batsman out with a no ball. Personally think he shouldn't be playing ODI's anymore and he's showing no signs of improvement.

not just you. though, if they had won he would have been the likely man of the match on the back of his bowling and a few handy runs.

Yes, that is quite possible- cricket is a funny old world! He seriously needs to find some form with the bat though- hopefully he is working hard on it.

As I have repeatedly said in many posts he is pure class. He is a complete bowler who can seam the bowl, swing the bowl, can reverse swing it can bowl slower balls have pace touching 145 and can bowl very good bouncers and yorkers.

I know NY was being sarcastic but his actual critics should read this post as it's a great summary. They aren't ready for the truth though as they are still in denial.

Imad is the no 1 rated bowler in T20 cricket.

These matches should be a walk in the park, relatively speaking.

Hafeez run out... Gayle and Hafeez batting together will often cause trouble with running between the wickets. One can't run and the other is a notoriously poor caller.

[MENTION=69813]sarfraz[/MENTION]ian92 Hasan will probs give the bottle to a team mate to enjoy.

Or maybe hes partial to it himself.

At least he didnt create a scene about the bottle.

Hafeez dropped Babar off the bowling of Hasan Ali.

Next over drops Mohammed off the bowling of Badree.

Hafeez= Consistently useless. :hafeez2

Dropped catches by professor are costing the Patriots.

Back