[VIDEOS/ PICTURES] Shahnawaz Dahani could be in trouble for his social media outburst after being ignored for Asia Cup and Afghanistan series

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Shahnawaz Dahani’s social media outburst against former cricketer Rashid Latif and Pakistan sports journalists over his omission from the Asia Cup 2023 squad has not been taken on a light note by the PCB.

Rashid Latif tweeted List-A career stats of Pakistan pacers from his official Twitter handle. However, his list missed out on Shahnawaz Dahani. The pacer was unhappy about it and called out Latif. Seems as if Dahani is not a Pakistani pacer,” Shahnawaz Dahani tweeted in response to it, while sharing his stats.

He later also slammed the sports journalists for not questioning the authorities and tweeted “Not even single journalist or cricket analyst even dared to ask questions or show these stats to selectors.”

However, Rashid Latif accepted his mistake and tweeted “My mistake Dahani I will make new”. Dahani deleted all his previous tweets following that.

Now, as per recent reports, PCB didn’t take this on a light note and their legal team will be taking action against Dahani over this outburst.

The pacer is currently playing in the ongoing edition of the Lanka Premier League 2023, where he is representing Dambulla Aura and has taken three wickets so far in three matches at an average of 39.66.

I can understand his frustration which is part and parcel of any sport when you are struggling to get to the next level however, taking the route of social media to unleash that is not right.

He needs to introspect and see if he has progressed in the last year or so as a pacer, I dont think he has. He is still a good bowler to have as the bench strength options but, to become a regular part of the top 2-4 pace trio of the country in any format he will have to put in some extra yards.

He has some natural ingredients to become a good fast bowler but, needs the focus and dedication to use them. As since his breakthrough QAE and PSL season which was couple of seasons ago he has not really pushed himself to improve further which he himself would admit. His numbers with bowling avg of 40 now in FC cricket, 40 in T20I and not being able to create impact in 2 ODIs he has played are not reflective of his ability by any means but definitely do endorse that he needs to put in some performances and work and quicker he realizes it the better.

This guy is so unlikeable. From his paindo celebration to now this. He is not as good as he thinks he is.

this is pathetic attitude and should be punished for it.

Also he was smashed to every corner by indian kids in emerging cup so don't understand where his sense of entitlement comes from

Glad we won't see his cringeworthy wicket celebration atleast till worldcup

I don't think there is a spot for him anymore . Even if he improves, there needs to be quite a few injuries for him to be considered.

Most of these cricketers don't run their own social media.

Poor guy probably didn't even know that a tweet had been done from his supposed account.

How does one even declare this an outburst? He just stated facts, his List A average is one of the best in Pakistan right now and no one brought this up when the teams were announced.

On the other hand Dahani's stats are misleading and he has really been mediocre at best at the international and Pakistan A sides. His performance recently against India A youngsters was mediocre and guys like Arshad Iqbal outperformed him.

Might be an issue as perhaps Rashid Latif complained to PCB?

A non issue. The tweet was an innocent tweet that many wont bother to read and just view these click bait articles and make news out of nothing.

If PCB makes a case about this than PCB has gone crazy. It was just a normal conversational tweet. Rashid Latif posted a list and Dhani found it surprising that journalist and pundits dont see him as a player on the national selection radar.

He refers to himself in 3rd person

Probably on the same planet Rizwan is on

The guy is an egomaniac. He refers to himself in 3rd person. He has got the ego of Ibrahimovic but the ability of Weghorst.

It's probably because it's not actually him doing the posts on social media.
Then he needs to hire a better social media manager. At the end of the day, it is his Twitter account and he is responsible for the tweets posted from his account.

Dahani in the past has referred to himself in the 3rd person as well.

He’s not arrogant or full of himself, but it’s something he does commonly

Hmm.

If that’s the case, I wonder:

1. Which genius is in charge of picking PR firms for Pakistani players.

2. Surely the PR company would need permission from Dahani to post controversial messages?

Whatever the case hope lessons are learned and he moves on. Doesn’t seem like a bad person overall.

Hmm.

If that’s the case, I wonder:

1. Which genius is in charge of picking PR firms for Pakistani players.

2. Surely the PR company would need permission from Dahani to post controversial messages?

Whatever the case hope lessons are learned and he moves on. Doesn’t seem like a bad person overall.
Anything is possible.

I've heard that some of the players have 'friends' running their social media.

I know of some players who didn't even know who their accounts were even following.

Pakistani pace attack is stacked. Shaheen, Rauf, Naseem are the best of their lot. Pakistan can only play 2 or 3 seamers per match for the upcoming Asia cup and Worldcup. Conditions will not suit pacers.
Very unfortunate for pacers like Ihsanullah and Dahani.

Dhanis recent performances for Pakistan haven't been great. He was dissapointing in last year's Quaid e Azam final. He got trashed by India in the Emerging Cup Final and heck even got trashed by Zimbabwe.

He badly needs a reality check

The tweets in question

BWLm4v6.png

zcXVeFN.png

The tweets in question

BWLm4v6.png

zcXVeFN.png
People get fast tracked into the national side, blow their chance and then cry about it for the rest of their lives

Welcome Shahnawaz to the whinge club. Chairman Ahmed Shahzad will happily welcome you

This will probably be a slap on the wrist from PCB, and PCB giving a timely lesson for other players to be careful what their 'guys' on social media write on their behalf.

Last edited:
It's a common issue within sports and entertainment that they are so busy that they let others look after their social media and usually are the last to know what they've supposedly said. A warning, better media training and advice on controlling their social media "team" and everyone moves on with their lives.

Anything is possible.

I've heard that some of the players have 'friends' running their social media.

I know of some players who didn't even know who their accounts were even following.

More than likely, Bechara probably didnt even know what was written on his twitter account until PCB called him

This dude is easily the most overhyped "talented" fast bowler that has come out of Pak cricket system post wc19. The only one worse than him is probably Musa Khan. He was bashed by second string English batters last year. Just recently Indian kids have bullied him, not to forget the thrashing he received from Zim. The nerve this guy has to moan & whine after such pathetic display is beyond reality! He simply has no place in the current pecking order : Afridi, Naseem, Rauf, Wasim, Hasnain, Ihsan,Zaman, Arshad etc. There are probably another 2/3 guys I am forgetting who I saw at PCL. He is simply not good enough for top level & will never be probably.

He refers to himself in 3rd person

Probably on the same planet Rizwan is on
Lots of Pakistani players also keep giant portraits of themselves in their houses. It’s very disturbing to say the least.

I don’t know about much about non-overseas Pakistani culture. But I feel like there needs to be PR training to tame what can be perceived by many as a “high ego”. I don’t know about others, but just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait Dhani refers to himself in 3rd person?

Dhani mad that Dhani not picked for Afghanistan series and world cup, Dhani smash pcb 😂.

Shahnawaz Dahani registers career-best figures of 4-50 in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy 2023-24 final.

Shahnawaz Dahani registers the first hat-trick of the President's Trophy 2023-24 in the match against SBP. I hope to see him make a comeback to the national side soon.

Shahnawaz Dahani registers the first hat-trick of the President's Trophy 2023-24 in the match against SBP. I hope to see him make a comeback to the national side soon.
Shahnawaz Dahani registers career-best figures of 6/40 including a hat-trick in the President's Trophy (2023-24) clash against SBP.

20231228_162856.jpg

I don't want to see this guy in Pakistan colours even if he takes a double hat trick.

Wahab Riaz is unhappy with Shahnawaz Dahani and on a TV channel said "he has a very poor attitude and declined to bowl in net practice. His focus is away from cricket."

Seems Dahani not getting selected anytime soon.

Wahab Riaz is unhappy with Shahnawaz Dahani and on a TV channel said "he has a very poor attitude and declined to bowl in net practice. His focus is away from cricket."

Seems Dahani not getting selected anytime soon.
one side of the story.

If Dhani wanted to bowl in a match and not do useless net practice, than i agree with Dhani.

Look at shadab, he was part of his department team and should had played first class games, but he instead is part of the camp doing useless net practice instead of getting actual match practice.

one side of the story.

If Dhani wanted to bowl in a match and not do useless net practice, than i agree with Dhani.

Look at shadab, he was part of his department team and should had played first class games, but he instead is part of the camp doing useless net practice instead of getting actual match practice.

Shadab is injured I believe

SNGPL's Shahnawaz Dahani secured his second five-wicket haul in First Class cricket, claiming figures of 5/54 in 15 overs. His outstanding performance played a pivotal role in SNGPL's 109-run victory over HEC in the seventh round of the President's Trophy 2023-24. With this win, SNGPL advances to the final, where they will face WAPDA.

Larkana Boy delivered for Larkana Challengers against Benazirabad Lals in SPL 2024.
QaShI0G.jpg

Shahnawaz Dahani's seven-wicket haul puts SNGPL in command in the final of the President's Trophy 2023-24. He registered career-best figures (7/42) on day 2, marking his third five-wicket haul in First-Class cricket. His performance in the President's Trophy is knocking on the door of selectors to bring him to the Test side.

I think Wahab Riaz has some grudges against him.
Need to really put these petty quarrels behind us when it comes to national selections. Dahani was unfairly treated. Just like they did with junaid khan.

He is a capable bowler in first class and list A. Deserves a chance to represent Pakistan in international cricket

If it were nephew or one their buddies, I am sure they will get ample opportunities but this poor guy is constantly under pressure. One or 2 bad games and out he goes.

His recent performances are knocking on the doors now. He can get a call-up for the next series but there is a lot of time left for that and things can change drastically in few days. Wahab really needs to watch these guys out for the next tour.

Every time this guy performs in domestic I have nightmares at night because he is one step closer to playing for Pakistan.

Shahnawaz Dahani's remarkable 9-wicket haul (7/42, 2/52) sealed a massive 519-run victory for SNGPL over WAPDA in the final of President's Trophy 2023-24.

Player of the Match honors were shared between Shahnawaz Dahani and Sahibzada Farhan (SNGPL).

He deserves a Test cap and should be selected for the Test squad.

He is probably the slowest 145k bowler off the surface , he was clocking 118k off the wicket speed during Pak vs Eng T20 series.

Really got no zip off the wicket

He is probably the slowest 145k bowler off the surface , he was clocking 118k off the wicket speed during Pak vs Eng T20 series.

Really got no zip off the wicket
Because he tries to bowl short every time so all of his energy gets drained out there.

It’s always the most average cricketers making the most noise on taweeter and social media in general for some “injustice”.

Get good at the game instead.

Pakistan is not playing many test matches this year so selecting new guys for every tour is not that good IMO. Dahani might be performing well and deserves a chance but people who worked hard and got selected in the squad before him are still waiting for a chance so they cannot be just dumped for him now.

Shahnawaz Dahani's performance:

In PSL 2022, Dahani was impressive with 17 wickets in 11 matches at an economy rate of 9.33

In PSL 2023, he played only 1 match and took 1 wicket conceding 40 runs

In PSL 2024, he only managed to take 1 wicket in 4 matches

Shahnawaz Dahani remarks on being left out from Pak players training camp in Kakul.

"No regrets for me, as I will still be the fittest bowler even after this camp🤙."

Shahnawaz Dahani remarks on being left out from Pak players training camp in Kakul.

"No regrets for me, as I will still be the fittest bowler even after this camp🤙."
Bullying culture is not new in Pakistan. Won't be surprised if PCB chairman calls him to office for the dramatic inclusion in the camp.

He has central contract but not selected for Kakul fitness training. Social media is rife with allegations that it is due to racism (he being Sindhi), I dont think racism is the reason personally but why is he out of favour?

He is a proper clown more interested with posing like a celebrity and his cringe celebrations.

It's a real shame because he is one of the few Pacers in Pakistan with the gift of height, bounce and pace.

The guy is clearly more focused on off field shenanigans than Cricket. He is happy to be a 12th man rather than a playing member of the squad. Wahab confirmed that the trainers have to force him to train and bowl in the nets.

The guy is clearly more focused on off field shenanigans than Cricket. He is happy to be a 12th man rather than a playing member of the squad. Wahab confirmed that the trainers have to force him to train and bowl in the nets.
Jokes aside, he could join the drama industry of Pakistan and be a very successful actor.

He seriously needs a reboot in his career.

He's a good promising bowler, but their are areas in his game that need major improving.

All he needs to do is just stop his cringe activities and focus on his career or he will ruin himself like Umar Akmal did.

Jokes aside, he could join the drama industry of Pakistan and be a very successful actor.
In comedy films you mean? This guy is definition of Grade A laziness, entitlement (curious where that comes from?) and already a superstar in his head syndrome. Indian players like Yashwi Jaiswal (being Shudra/Lower Caste and living in a make shift hut) or Rinku Singh (sweeper at KKR) with extremely poor backgrounds if given the chance go above and beyond to show case their talents. Have intense hard work, and amazing work ethic. On the other hand, clowns in our team with same situation somehow lose the hunger as soon as they get even minor success. Dahani is a clear case of that.

All he needs to do is just stop his cringe activities and focus on his career or he will ruin himself like Umar Akmal did.
Umar Akmal still has some performances to his name. This guy has nothing and his attitude is even worse than Akmal.

Back