[VIDEOS] Sacha Baron Cohen as Ali G and Borat

IgnitedMind

ODI Debutant
Runs
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CgbhyjuhbX8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lol.. will be watching it :19:

Googled it, movie taken from some book on sadam hussain .

Last edited:
Release Date?

So who is going to release the first Fatwa on him?

Release Date?

So who is going to release the first Fatwa on him?

Could you imagine if it was a Muslim comedian who made fun of the opposite (like he does of Muslims) all the time?

I find the guy pretty funny but think on how the rest of society would take it.

Usually he's poking fun at Jews. Being a Jew himself, he gets away with it.

I just think there may be things in here that will...how do I put this, "endanger his existence".

Could you imagine if it was a Muslim comedian who made fun of the opposite (like he does of Muslims) all the time?

O here comes the cry baby

how the eff is he making fun of muslims? This is loosely based on Saddam with a comical twist....if making fun of tyrant Saddam in your eyes is 'making fun of muslims' then I must say muslims need a new role model ...

O here comes the cry baby

how the eff is he making fun of muslims? This is loosely based on Saddam with a comical twist....if making fun of tyrant Saddam in your eyes is 'making fun of muslims' then I must say muslims need a new role model ...

lol. I meant his overall work, not this trailer. Didn't even watch this trailer.

Now please climb back under your anti-Pakistani/Muslim rock and stay there.

Also a bit rich of you to accuse anyone of being a cry baby.

Whats the Saddam book? Written by him or loosely written on him?

"Zabibah and the King" - written by Saddam Hussain.

The plot is a love story about a powerful ruler of medieval Iraq and a beautiful commoner girl named Zabibah. Zabibah's husband is a cruel and unloving man who rapes her. The book is set in 7th or 8th century Tikrit, Hussein's home town. Although the book is on the surface a romance novel, it is (and was intended to be read as) an allegory. The hero is Hussein and Zabibah represents the Iraqi people. The vicious husband is the United States and his rape of Zabibah represents the U.S. invasion of Iraq at the end of the Persian Gulf war.

WIKILINK

I'm not fond of non-Muslims mocking Muslims.

Last edited:
some bits were funny but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth..

I wonder if a Muslim were to do this about Isreal..mnnhh..theyd send the Mossad looking for him..

and the way he's just spouting the fake arabic etc..sorry just seems in bad taste..

I wont be watching this stuff but then i dont think much of cohen!

He's already done that, Kazakhstanis are majority Muslim.

"Zabibah and the King" - written by Saddam Hussain.

The plot is a love story about a powerful ruler of medieval Iraq and a beautiful commoner girl named Zabibah. Zabibah's husband is a cruel and unloving man who rapes her. The book is set in 7th or 8th century Tikrit, Hussein's home town. Although the book is on the surface a romance novel, it is (and was intended to be read as) an allegory. The hero is Hussein and Zabibah represents the Iraqi people. The vicious husband is the United States and his rape of Zabibah represents the U.S. invasion of Iraq at the end of the Persian Gulf war.

WIKILINK

Oh cool, sounds interesting. Thanks

There can't be anything funny on jews anyways? maybe make fun of them being killed by hitler and the dictators are all from muslim countries so the joke will be on them

I'm not a fan of this chap but he was brilliant in Sweeney Todd as the con artist hairstylist.

Hilarious stuff.

"I highly recommend you to visit the empire state building before you or one of your cousins takes it down" :)))

He did it once in Borat it was funny,Bruno tried to do it again was just mediocre,no clue for how long he will keep on doing this stuff

I dont think that would be a problem at all Goat. I have seen so many comedians taking pot-shots at christianity. Christians on a whole do know how to take things gracefully

Check this out :))) :)))

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OzLOq8otjdo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mhAg0COnqds" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

^ '' While i applaud the academy for taking away my right to free speech.'' :))) :)))

Haha cant wait..

Btw, there were rumours that he was going to the oscars dressed as his character in dictator to promote his movie.. Did he did so??

Dont find it funny. The arabic part is sooooo not funny

Think Cohen is getting desperate.

Ali G was awesome, Borat was decent...the rest of his work is just meh. Didn't really find the trailer that funny.

Haha cant wait..

Btw, there were rumours that he was going to the oscars dressed as his character in dictator to promote his movie.. Did he did so??

Check out post #38 :23:
Death to Oscars !

:))) he dropped Kim Jong Ell
Academy of motion pictures, arts and zionist

the guy looks a LOT like Junaid Jamshed.
Yeah he actaully does

Last edited:
Looking forward to it! His films are always a hoot.

It helps of course if you have a sense of humour. Some people will struggle to qualify.

Borat and Ali G in the house were hilarious.

I watched Burno with my one of my ex girlfriend and we both were disturbed by some of the images. Also, Dictator doesn't look that funny, I think Borat was his best work.

This movie won't be that of a huge hit, he's loosing it just like Will Ferrell.

Last edited:
Admiral General Aladeen won his battle with The Academy. They returned his tickets :D

This is what he had to say on fb-
Republic of Wadiya
VICTORY IS OURS! Today the Mighty Nation of Wadiya triumphed over the Zionist snakes of Hollywood. Evil and all those who made Satan their protector were vanquished and driven into the Pacific Sea. What I am trying to say here is that the Academy have surrendered and sent over two tickets and a parking pass! TODAY OSCAR, TOMORROW OBAMA!

dictator-sacha-baron-cohen-victory.jpg

:))) :)))

Last edited:
This guy puts SRK to shame when comes to promoting his movies. :D

downloaded and watched it yesterday..

My rating : 4/10
below average movie :facepalm:

only saving grace is that movie is very short

watched it last night as someone had downloaded and given it to me and didn't like it all..

Hairy Potter. :)))

Was a decent movie. Not that Borat was all that exceptional. Some of the jokes are ridiculous, while some are :))) :)))

Last edited:
over rated, probably laughed couple of times, 3/10

THIS MOVIE WAS SICK!!!! Hilarious 10/10

Best part was the helicopter scene... 9/11 2012 :))) :)))

Last edited:
The Dictator

Just watched this movie, which I had planned to for a long time but didn't have enough time.

OMG funniest movie I have ever seen :yk

Be warned though, don't dare to watch with family :moyo

What is its status in Pakistan? is it banned? Because if it isn't, I will be very surprised. I downloaded it via torrents.

Sacha Cohen is a genius.

Must see movie though :asif

I thought it was awful.

Didn't laugh once. It was more cringeworthy and distasteful than funny.

oh, I thought you were talking about the charlie chaplin movie..which had a great speech in the end.. sacha cohen's was an ordinary movie.

Chaplin's speech in the movie, The Great Dictator..

I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be an emperor. That’s not my business. I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible- Jew, Gentile, black men, white…

We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each others’ happiness, not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way.

Greed has poisoned men’s souls; has barricaded the world with hate; has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical; our cleverness, hard and unkind.

We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery ,we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in man; cries out for universal brotherhood; for the unity of us all.

Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women, and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people.

To those who can hear me, I say “Do not despair.”

The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

Soldiers! Don’t give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you and enslave you; who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think and what to feel! Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder!

Don’t give yourselves to these unnatural men—machine men with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have a love of humanity in your hearts! You don’t hate!

Only the unloved hate; the unloved and the unnatural.

Soldiers! Don’t fight for slavery! Fight for liberty!

In the seventeenth chapter of St. Luke, it’s written “the kingdom of God is within man”, not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people, have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure. Then in the name of democracy, let us use that power.

Let us all unite.

Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give youth a future and old age a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power. But they lie! They do not fulfill their promise. They never will!

Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people!

Now let us fight to fulfill that promise! Let us fight to free the world! To do away with national barriers! To do away with greed, with hate and intolerance!

Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men’s happiness.

Soldiers, in the name of democracy, let us all unite!

Was good with a lot of puns. Witty but not mirthful. I like such movies though. Absolutely loved "Water boy" (Adam Sandlers)

I thought it was awful.

Didn't laugh once. It was more cringeworthy and distasteful than funny.

Yeah you can say that because it was sort of trying too hard to be funny initially but I thought the Aladeen/Nadal combo was brilliant. They had great chemistry.
A lot of people find it offensive though which is completely understandable.

Last edited:
oh, I thought you were talking about the charlie chaplin movie..which had a great speech in the end.. sacha cohen's was an ordinary movie.

Chaplin's speech in the movie, The Great Dictator..

Brilliant !!
Haven't watched it but it is on my checklist now.

I liked it - it wasnt great or anything but I thought it was ok :)

I was very skeptical of it when i frst watched it coz I really dont like Borat or Bruno and thought this is in the same category, however, I found this to be MUCH MUCH better.

Its worth a watch IMO :)

the better part of the movie was his speech in the end..

General Aladeen: Why are you guys so anti-dictators? Imagine if America was a dictatorship. You could let 1% of the people have all the nation's wealth. You could help your rich friends get richer by cutting their taxes. And bailing them out when they gamble and lose. You could ignore the needs of the poor for health care and education. Your media would appear free, but would secretly be controlled by one person and his family. You could wiretap phones. You could torture foreign prisoners. You could have rigged elections. You could lie about why you go to war. You could fill your prisons with one particular racial group, and no one would complain. You could use the media to scare the people into supporting policies that are against their interests.

it was pretty lame

some individual funny moments but the story was goin g nowhere

A lot of funny moments I liked this movie overall.

Borat Fan Club

Any Borat fan? I was a huge fan of this character back in the days. I still watch old Borat clips once in a while.

Here are two of my favorite Borat clips:

Back