[VIDEOS] Talent Spotter : Haseebullah Khan

do you have credentials or are you an armchair analyst

I am yet to be proved wrong on a player and I have been following the game for 17 years. I have seen him multiple times and he looks very average. As I said I hope he proves me wrong it will only benefit Pakistan.

Did you watch the u19 World Cup? The guy can’t play proper bowling

That's puzzling me too , surely the U19 kids can't be better than our domestic 140k+ pacers , may be it's due to the alien pitches in the U19 worldcup that's why he looked out of sorts.

dont want to put the mockers on the lad, but watching him in pak cup final, he looks very comfortable against spin on a slow turgid pitch.

i think the highlights before didnt do him justice, hes actually got decent shot selection, doesnt look like a hack when hes batting properly.

how he handles pace on the other hand will be his real test, should be in Pak A squad.

dont want to put the mockers on the lad, but watching him in pak cup final, he looks very comfortable against spin on a slow turgid pitch.

i think the highlights before didnt do him justice, hes actually got decent shot selection, doesnt look like a hack when hes batting properly.

how he handles pace on the other hand will be his real test, should be in Pak A squad.

He is dreadful against pace always late and I am talking around 125kph.

Going to finish as the highest run scorer in his debut Pakistan Cup at 18-19 years of age. That too with the third highest SR in the top 15 and that's while opening the batting.

Brilliant effort.

Bit surprised with some of the posts who are already saying how he is not good enough when he is yet to play even a handful of domestic matches, yet to debut at FC or T20 level. They need to be bit more specific regarding what they have seen.

What I have seen so far; stable head position, good back lift and trigger movement (One can argue that the trigger movement can be done slightly earlier), decent footwork and solid temperament (Something I rate really highly) so far. He can play on both sides of the wicket along with modern day shots. Havent seen much against short bowling and high pace, even if there are some things he needs to improve will obviously improve as he will mature with time. Not sure, what exactly people expect from a 19 year old guy.

Missed out on a half century today, havent seen much of him so wont make any judgements as of yet but intrestingly seems like some have already written him off before he is even given a chance.

Missed out on a half century today, havent seen much of him so wont make any judgements as of yet but intrestingly seems like some have already written him off before he is even given a chance.

Looked very limited against any decent bowling lineup in U19 Worldcup , but hes got rock solid temperament and put a heavy price on his wicket and even though he was looking awful he did manage to get a ton there as well.
Another Shoaib Malik , Fawad Alam in the making?

Amazing season for him

2 awards go to him

400a6e25-139b-4717-b298-e6b450371b98.jpgc7fbcf45-1350-4555-b0ca-8c2920654e1c.jpg

Wow. That's an amazing achievement. To outscore all the old guns in the one day and be the highest run scorer on your debut season.

Best of luck to you Haseebullah. You have another supporter

Fantastic Pakistan Cup for the young man:

Player-of-the-Tournament

Best Batter of the Tournament

Going to finish as the highest run scorer in his debut Pakistan Cup at 18-19 years of age. That too with the third highest SR in the top 15 and that's while opening the batting.

Brilliant effort.

Bit surprised with some of the posts who are already saying how he is not good enough when he is yet to play even a handful of domestic matches, yet to debut at FC or T20 level. They need to be bit more specific regarding what they have seen.

What I have seen so far; stable head position, good back lift and trigger movement (One can argue that the trigger movement can be done slightly earlier), decent footwork and solid temperament (Something I rate really highly) so far. He can play on both sides of the wicket along with modern day shots. Havent seen much against short bowling and high pace, even if there are some things he needs to improve will obviously improve as he will mature with time. Not sure, what exactly people expect from a 19 year old guy.

Too bottom handed. No footwork against space. Late while playing pace. Lack of strike rotation. Not in line when playing pace. Playing away from his body. Poor against the short ball. Not backfoot strokes.

Very limited player and relies on sheer gut and determination to score runs , scored 6 sixes in 12 innings which is definitely not ODI material.

He's just a young lad who will get better and stronger.

Definitely one for the future.

Watching some Pakistan Cup highlights. He does seem to back away a lot to the legside against pace.

I didn't see the U19 WC but those Trinidad, Antigua and Guyana pitches aren't great for strokeplay as those are generally tired and slow surfaces.

Probably needs a Shaheens tour to really test his mettle. But even if the guy doesn't make it - we must appreciate that talent is finally coming from all four provinces now which is promising for Pakistan cricket.

Very limited player and relies on sheer gut and determination to score runs , scored 6 sixes in 12 innings which is definitely not ODI material.

I seen him in the world cup u19s and I thought he may be good option in the future as back up keeper batesman in tests.

After the adoption of new domestic structure in 2019, which brought many opportunities for players and coaches, it also helped nurture talent from Balochistan. Young duo Abdul Wahid Bangalzai and Haseebullah are the prime examples of the talent produced by Balochistan.

The 19-year old Haseebullah is from Pishin – a place 50 kilometers away from Quetta (capital of Balochistan). The left-handed batter represented Pakistan U19 in this year’s ICC U19 World Cup in West Indies. He was amongst the top run-getter for Pakistan and second overall in the mega event, scoring 380 runs from six matches at 76.00. He scored two centuries and one half-century and struck 27 fours and 10 sixes.

He didn’t stop there and carried his form in the recently concluded Pakistan Cup (One-Day) tournament. He topped the batting charts with 614 runs from 12 matches at 55.82 with a strike-rate of 98.24, which included three centuries and one half-century. The young batter is a real product of grassroots cricket, where he performed for Balochistan U16 and got a chance to represent Pakistan U16 in 2019. After representing Balochistan U19, he went on to represent Pakistan U19 in Asia Cup and ICC U19 World Cup.

After performing in the U19 World Cup, he got a chance to represent first XI of Balochistan Cricket Association where he continued to perform to his potential. Haseebullah comes from a cricketing family, where his father Azizullah and uncle Hameedullah both were first-class cricketers.

At the conclusion of Pakistan Cup, Haseebullah spoke with PCB Digital.

Haseebullah – Balochistan:

“Since my childhood I was inclined towards cricket as my father and uncle was first-class cricketers. I started playing cricket under the able guidance of my father and uncle. Till today my father does throw downs for me during the batting sessions while my uncle helped me in wicket-keeping drills.

“In Pakistan team my favourite batter is Fakhar Zaman due to his aggressive batting.”

Reflecting on his recent performances, the left-handed batter said:

“If you see I have scored more centuries then half-centuries, it is because once I score around 30 to 40, I try to go for big runs. I recently scored 131 against Sindh in the semi-final of Pakistan Cup which I rate as my favourite innings as scoring against quality bowlers and in a knockout match was something very special.”

He praised the talent of Balochistan despite having few facilities in that part of the country.

“There is some exceptional talent in the Balochistan region. The new domestic structure has really helped local talent to come forward and represent in first and second XIs of the Balochistan Cricket Association.”

Azizullah – father of Haseebullah:

“My son is really fond of the game and the new domestic structure has helped him in cherishing his dream. Me and my brother really like to work on the skills of Haseebullah and we are really happy Haseebullah is giving back by performing at the highest level of the Cricket Association. As we all belong to this game, there is only cricket which is discussed in our dining room. I only wish that my son represents Pakistan in the longest format of the game so more talent can come forward from our region.”

Too bottom handed. No footwork against space. Late while playing pace. Lack of strike rotation. Not in line when playing pace. Playing away from his body. Poor against the short ball. Not backfoot strokes.

Fair enough. Ofcourse there will be his strengths and weaknesses but the thing is he is just a 19 year old lad who is only going to get better as he matures.

Listen to any of the best captains and you will see one thing in common they talk about temperament and put it on a higher pedestal then sole reliance on technique more often than not. Being the highest run scorer in his debut Pakistan cup surely deserves appreciation and says a lot about his temperament. There arent many textbook techniques going around, in the end what matters is how many runs you score for the team. Ofcourse he should be improving things which he can.

All the analysis going around is based upon an assumption that guy has become constant at the age of 19 and is not going to develop further which I think is completely wrong. A common thing amongst fans when they judge any player without realizing nothing is constant and if someone puts in the yards he can improve. I always find it funny when people tag players and judge them when they are U-25 and solely based upon where they stand currently, this is not how it works and there are countless examples of players starting roughly or with weaknesses but then becoming quality players.

Last edited:
Rashid Latif :

“Everyone is involved in it. When a team is selected, the committee makes the playing XI first, which means Haris already got into the XI. I don't get it. I've seen Haseebullah performing so well for Balochistan, he keeps as well. He had two centuries in U19. Do Balochistan players not have the right to play?”

Rashid Latif :

“Everyone is involved in it. When a team is selected, the committee makes the playing XI first, which means Haris already got into the XI. I don't get it. I've seen Haseebullah performing so well for Balochistan, he keeps as well. He had two centuries in U19. Do Balochistan players not have the right to play?”

He doesn't have the power game to bat down the order.

Haseebullah gets a men's central contract in the emerging category

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/tronqd" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Really impressive knock in KPL in a do or die match for his team. 67 off 49 with 6 4s and 2 6s.

Plays all around the ground. Going to be in high demand in PSL season 8 as emerging player.

Really impressive knock in KPL in a do or die match for his team. 67 off 50 with 6 4s and 2 6s.

Plays all around the ground. Going to be in high demand in PSL season 8 as emerging player.

Good workout for him - now needs to do same in domestic T20

Faq79BNXgAA0uOG

Needs to stay away from t20s he has potential to be back up keeper for tests for Pakistan.

He needs to play FC for a whole season if not more before we can talk about higher honours. Next in line for T20 is Azam and ODIs its more open

Haseebullah hit four boundaries and two sixes as he top-scored with 52 for Balochistan in the National T20

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/rybbbv" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Haseebullah - Q de Cock 2.0

Saw this guy Haseebullah bat for Balochistan vs Northern in the T20 games and i loved his style of batting..

just looks a image of de Cock in him .. dont know if others agree but he has class

with him & harris , keeper / batsmen look an interesting bench

Lol. This is the young KPK opener from u19s wc?

Laughable thread title

Don’t particularly like his style but he’s the one who’s been topping the charts in every tournament he’s played right?

For a young batsman you can’t argue against weight of runs.

easy on the hype, qdk for all his flaws is a once in a generation talent. haseebullah hasn't even played a first class game yet.

Lol. This is the young KPK opener from u19s wc?

Laughable thread title

English 101 ..

A for Apple
B for Ball

I for image - plays like him ...

i can provide more coaching but dont think u have a doule digit IQ to learn much

English 101 ..

A for Apple
B for Ball

I for image - plays like him ...

i can provide more coaching but dont think u have a doule digit IQ to learn much

You’ve made the thread

You’ve made the comparison

Hopefully for your sake it doesn’t backfire and you do not become a laughing stock.

I saw him play and I would be amazed if he emulates Imran Farhat before comparisons with DeQock are made :)))

Saw this guy Haseebullah bat for Balochistan vs Northern in the T20 games and i loved his style of batting..

just looks a image of de Cock in him .. dont know if others agree but he has class

with him & harris , keeper / batsmen look an interesting bench

I actually think he's going to be Pakistan back up keeper in tests within 1 year.

You’ve made the thread

You’ve made the comparison

Hopefully for your sake it doesn’t backfire and you do not become a laughing stock.

I saw him play and I would be amazed if he emulates Imran Farhat before comparisons with DeQock are made :)))

i did no such thing in terms of talent, ability or watever... just said he looks like de Cock when he plays... some of the shots mirror him.... he might be 10 times better or worse, i dont know ... just looked like it

He looks a fine batsman when he is hitting on the off side but looks a bit ungainly when try to exploit the on side. Could be something he can learn from Nawaz and Hafeez. Maybe spend some time on a golf course.

He looks a fine batsman when he is hitting on the off side but looks a bit ungainly when try to exploit the on side. Could be something he can learn from Nawaz and Hafeez. Maybe spend some time on a golf course.

Seen him in the 19s and he was struggling to play the big shots but was much better trying to play proper cricketing shots.

not about the months- is about how many games do they play in that period

unless you selecting parallel squads you cant get much more matches than the current schedule, thinks each trophy is 10 games and a final, so 11 t20s, 11 first class games, 11 list a games, and then 14 games in the psl i think.

so that's 25 t20 games, 11 first class games and 11 list a games. how many more do you think they should play.

the real issue is the off season, during which time these guys should be playing A cricket, but they dont.

One of the PSL teams should pick up Haseebullah as a long-term keeper-batsman option. He might not do well in his first few seasons but there's a chance that this guy can develop into a good batsman. Karachi and Lahore need a young wicketkeeper.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Haseebullah played splendidly for his match-winning 72 ✨<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BALvCP?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BALvCP</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NationalT20?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NationalT20</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GharWaliBaat?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GharWaliBaat</a> <a href="https://t.co/jqI0dqRqXP">pic.twitter.com/jqI0dqRqXP</a></p>— Pakistan Cricket (@TheRealPCB) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRealPCB/status/1568578071917170688?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 10, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No, more FC needs to be played. Too many coaches that do little at the international level and not enough cricket at the FC level and poor wages.

ive always thought that, poor wages can only be sorted out when people actually attend games - including international level - constantly - so it can be passed down to this level

ive always thought that, poor wages can only be sorted out when people actually attend games - including international level - constantly - so it can be passed down to this level

FC cricket will never be self sustaining unless you want the shambles of some bank playing some other bank. The money from PCB pays the wages of all FC cricketers

If he learns to rotate the strike we have an excellent prospect in the making. For a start he should become the Baluchistan Regular and the same in the PSL with Quetta. Needs to play lots of FC and needs to time to develop

Maiden first-class century for Haseebullah!

He stitched a 201-run stand with Hussain Talat for the sixth wicket against Khyber Pakhtunkhwa

AU6aQZp.png

Maiden first-class century for Haseebullah!

He stitched a 201-run stand with Hussain Talat for the sixth wicket against Khyber Pakhtunkhwa

AU6aQZp.png

Nineteen-year-old wicketkeeper Haseebullah scored his first-class career’s maiden century against Khyber Pakhtunkhwa at the Multan Cricket Stadium. The Balochistan wicketkeeper made 100 not out off 202 balls, hitting 12 fours, and stitched a solid 201-run partnership for the sixth-wicket with all-rounder Hussain Talat, who also made a century, scoring 112 off 195. In what was his fifth ton in the format, Hussain smashed 13 fours.

Centuries by Haseebullah (123) and Hussain Talat (141*) helped Balochistan beat Central Punjab by 28 runs.

Top scores with 51 for Balochistan

<iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/zxdfpf" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Haseebullah as an opener in ODIs?

He has been the highest run scorer in Pakistan Cup 2021/22 and again topping the chart in this year Pakistan Cup.

We can play him as an opener, Imam at 3 and Babar 4 so we can get rid of Rizwan in ODIs.

No thank you he’s a very poor bat. Awful technique against pace won’t survive at all.

Omg what a pathetic looking pitch and ground how small are those boundaries ?

Another half century today for the young man in the Pakistan Cup.

Right up there amongst the top scorers in the tournament.

No thank you he’s a very poor bat. Awful technique against pace won’t survive at all.

No one is perfect. Raw talent has to be guided, proper coaching and training sessions will help him improve his batting.

PCB babysitted Mohamed Hafeez for 10 years, and many others until they learned from their mistakes.

It’s important that PCB form a U-23 and A-Team for foreign tours and test these players against other teams.

Best Wicketkeeper of the Pakistan Cup: Haseebullah (Balochistan); 551 Runs, 10 dismissals (eight catches and 2 stumps)

Some harsh criticism itt for a 19 year old. Dude is a maverick as he showed today. How many of our bats would go in guns blazing with 3 wickets down in the first few overs?

Yet another selfless player. Babar, Rizwan and Shan in trouble with their selfish match losing 50s if we keep producing young talents like this.

Outstanding from Haseebullah Khan in his PSL debut, 50(29)

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/kimko8" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

This guy defo has a higher ceiling than T10 specialist Haris and fraudster Azam.

High hopes for this guy.

Looks a very impressive cricketer.

Outstanding Innings batting in a batting position that he normally doesn't bat let's see how he does in the rest of the tournament.

Another situation where it has taken a team quite a few matches to give a good player a chance at the PSL.

Gotta love the aggressive attitude of these youngsters regardless of the situation. Finally we are moving away from tuk tuk approach with players like Haseeb and Saim Ayub. Haseeb came into bat when defeat was certain but took the game to opposition and ruined all their plans. Great fight back and gave Peshawar a great platform.

Mohammad Rizwan in an interview

“I’ve recently seen Haseebullah, he is performing well and his technique is really good,”

“However, it is important for players [performing in the domestic circuit] to play at the level that is required as a Pakistan player, otherwise the performances go to waste.”

Will be interesting to see how Pakistan handles his selection to the national team. I think he makes a strong case as a batsman alone considering we have people like Asif, Khushdil, etc in the middle order.

Will be interesting to see how Pakistan handles his selection to the national team. I think he makes a strong case as a batsman alone considering we have people like Asif, Khushdil, etc in the middle order.

They handle his selection to the national team by not selecting him. He needs atleast another full season of domestic cricket. One (albeit impressive) performance on a Rawalpindi road with short boundaries shouldnt mean selection.

He’s developing nicely and we need to ensure that his development doesn’t get stunted with early Pakistan selection.

Remember Haider Ali. That whole treatment is a cautionary tale.

'A' tours to England, South Africa, New Zealand and Australia are needed.

These sort of players need exposure at that level and those conditions to get them ready for international cricket.

'A' tours to England, South Africa, New Zealand and Australia are needed.

These sort of players need exposure at that level and those conditions to get them ready for international cricket.

Amen brother.

I’d much rather have fewer PJLs (which I actively liked) as long as that money gets invested in A team tours, with the proviso that the squads selected there are young up and coming players rather than the recycled old guard.

The selection committee also then needs to emphasise the importance of performance and results in these tours.

He reminds me of De Kock.

He does occasionally slog but he picks his shots very smartly.

Back