[VIDEOS] Talent Spotter : Haseebullah Khan

Impressive innings especially at that time but that's one awful batting stance almost as bad as Micheal Yardy or Fawad Alam

Dream to play for Quetta Gladiators in the Pakistan Super League (PSL)

Like any other young cricketer at my level, I would also like to play in the PSL and to play for Quetta Gladiators would be a dream come true for me.

But QG didn't pick him.

I wonder why.

But QG didn't pick him.

I wonder why.

QG’s draft picks are utterly confounding.

Abdul Wahid Bangalzai gets picked as an emerging player despite the wide opinion that he’s not a natural t20 player. He’s then not played in a batting position where he could succeed.

Basit Ali, despite being highest scorer in the PJL and Baloch, doesn’t get picked.

Saud Shakeel and Omair Bin Youssuf get drafted but never see the pitch.

Batting overseas picks include an over the hill Martin Guptill.

Not to mention, picks like Ahsan Ali etc etc.

Karachi are probably the worst run franchise and it’s clear to see the lack of strategy.

But Quetta are almost as bad, using an increasingly flawed strategy which seems insane.

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing repeatedly and expect a different result. That’s what describes Quetta’s drafting strategy.

Mohammad Yousuf speaking in an interview:

"Another player that I admire the most is Haseebullah and I have worked with him in the Under-19 team and I have seen his matches. He plays freely, he's quite fit as he is a wicketkeeper batsman"

The kid can’t play the short stuff

Highly overrated ‘talent’

The kid can’t play the short stuff

Highly overrated ‘talent’

He’s young and shots can be developed. He’s from a small background, but has an elite mentality. Most importantly he’s from a region of the country (Balochistan) that has had little representation in Pakistan colours. He’s exactly the sort of young player that everybody should be getting behind.

He’s young and shots can be developed. He’s from a small background, but has an elite mentality. Most importantly he’s from a region of the country (Balochistan) that has had little representation in Pakistan colours. He’s exactly the sort of young player that everybody should be getting behind.

Just wait for those u19 Aussie bowlers who exposed him at the World Cup to come through as Australia main team players

I’ve seen enough of him at the u19 World Cup and subsequent domestic tournament to tell you that he is like a deer caught in headlights if the ball is pitched short or back of the length because he is searching for every ball to be pitched up

Not the worst player but the only youngster with elite mentality in Pakistan right now is Mohammad Harris. He is that guy!

Just wait for those u19 Aussie bowlers who exposed him at the World Cup to come through as Australia main team players

I’ve seen enough of him at the u19 World Cup and subsequent domestic tournament to tell you that he is like a deer caught in headlights if the ball is pitched short or back of the length because he is searching for every ball to be pitched up

Not the worst player but the only youngster with elite mentality in Pakistan right now is Mohammad Harris. He is that guy!

Elite mentality is coming from a region which has near zero cricketing facilities to make it to the national level. Try to think about that. The lad had zero functioning nets to practice in when growing up. The fact that he can play at the level he has is incredible. That only tells me that, with the right coaching and facilities, he can learn to play the short ball. He’s got the batspeed to do it. You just need the repeated reps and that muscle memory to embed back foot play, into your game. Batsmen are rarely the finished article at 20.

Also, Haris does have the elite mentality, but so does Haseebullah. He just needs more reps.

Haseebullah’s unbeaten century and half-centuries from Hussain Talat, Mohammad Huraira and Omair Bin Yousuf put Pakistan Shaheens in a commanding position at the close of second day’s play of the second four-day match at Mutare Sports Club in Mutare.

Pakistan Shaheens 461-8, 112 overs (Haseebullah 111 not out)

He is a better talent than Rizwan and Haris. Could become a permanent member of the national team if he keeps his head down

Could be great for the Balochistan region and its cricketing development.

Really have high hopes for this lad who looks a very confident young man who believes in his own ability.

Haseebullah Khan impressed along with Mubasir Khan with the bat vs Zimbabwe today with 45 (63) - but his side lost the game

1st One-Day - Zimbabwe Select v Pakistan Shaheens at Harare Sports Club, Harare

Zimbabwe Select won by 24 runs.

Zimbabwe Select: 234-10 (45.3 ov)
Pakistan Shaheens: 210-10 (47 ov)

Another good innings by Haseebullah - 49 - good contribution to Shaheens 5-run DLS win over Zimbabwe Select

Another good innings by Haseebullah - 49 - good contribution to Shaheens 5-run DLS win over Zimbabwe Select

And another decent effort in the 5th OD

Earlier, after being put into bat, Shaheens scored 314 for six in their allotted 50 overs. Making three changes to their side in the must-win game, Shaheens got off to a great start as opening batters Imran Butt (64, 65b, 7x4s, 1x6) and Haseebullah (62, 77b, 9x4s) had a 139-run stand between them.

He's got pedigree. Not technically perfect but very sure of his strengths that's why he is able to able to play long knocks

Haseebullah, today played a superb innings of 106 runs not out off 108 balls while played for Multan against Karachi Whites in the second semi-final of Pakistan Cup. Unfortunately, his innings wasn't enough to give his side victory in this match.

7th List A century for Haseebullah.

The wicket-keeper batsman played a fighting unbeaten knock of 106*(108) for Multan as they lost to Karachi Whites in the 2nd semi-final in Pakistan Cup 2023-24

7th List A century for Haseebullah.

The wicket-keeper batsman played a fighting unbeaten knock of 106*(108) for Multan as they lost to Karachi Whites in the 2nd semi-final in Pakistan Cup 2023-24

Quite unfortunate that the game was abandoned because of bad light.

Otherwise it could've been an interesting finish with the intent Haseebullah was showing.

He has potential as well. Should be the wicket keeper batter for Pakistan in the long-term future, but he needs to be groomed.

Very impressive young WK-batsman. I was actually more impressed with his innings than Saim's. He hits the ball really hard and didn't even give half-chances to the opposition.

He is only 20 and has already 7 List A centuries. That is quite impressive and if he can up his SR into late 90s I am sure he will be our next WK, in ODIs at least.

Very impressive young WK-batsman. I was actually more impressed with his innings than Saim's. He hits the ball really hard and didn't even give half-chances to the opposition.

He is only 20 and has already 7 List A centuries. That is quite impressive and if he can up his SR into late 90s I am sure he will be our next WK, in ODIs at least.
He has the QDK vibe. If only he becomes half the player, he will have a good career. Haris also needs to play more FC and LIst A to develop a rivalry and spur both on.

I think he is someone that can be drafted into the national team in the next couple of years needs to keep working hard but one to watch out for

Average has increased and SR has decreased
Yes, and of the surface, that's concerning. I hope he's not trying to statspadd. But at least he is young so there is some hope that he can change his aggressive nature a bit.

From what I've seen from him in the PakCup he is slow to start but the picks up the pace later on. He needs to learn to show more intent at the start.

He has potential to br reserve keeper for pakistan test squad however he has long way to go in the limited overs format.

I think he needs to work on his sr. a bit slow this year. He seems to be geting slower and slower

I believe position is important. We need to see the positions he has batted each year and what was the situation required. Pitches also change in Pakistan. For instance this FC season it was easier fot even a no. 7 batter to score a 50 or a 100.

What he does need to work on for sure is the strike rotation.

very good prospect but needs to work hard on a few thing technique-wise and he will be a good addition to the pak team

The real challenge is getting guys like him a taste of international cricket, because the step up from pak domestic to internationals is huge, and even talented guys like him struggle and fall off quickly due to that shocking gap.

We should use T20Is to see if he has any ability. Saim, Haseebullah, Babar, Rizwan, Haris should be the top order on rotation for T20s.

This is what Wahab Riaz said about Haseebullah after he was not included in the Pakistan test squad for Australia tour.

"Haseebullah has been in our radar too and we have our eyes on him but currently, both Mohammad Rizwan and Sarfaraz Ahmed have done well so we will be continuing with them. We will, of course, tap into the domestic resources whenever the need arises."

Haseebullah speaking ahead of the Nat T20 Cup:

“I will try my best to play for Pakistan and have a long career for Pakistan,"

“I try to play like Adam Gilchrist. He was aggressive and I also try to bat aggressively”,

4th First Class hundred for Haseebullah

An unbeaten impressive century 102*(135) in second innings by the SNGPL wicket-keeper batsman after coming in to bat at 56/4 against Glass Ghani in President's Trophy 2023-24.

Last edited:
Since Rohail Nazir hasn't developed much, Haseebullah deserves to be the Pak A wicketkeeper in FC and LA probably. But for that, we need abundant A team matches as well.

Very talented guy. Looked much better than Haris in PSL.
Not sure why he hasn't been in Pak A setup.

Good news for Young Haseebullah as he makes his way into the Pakistan team for the T20 tour to New Zealand in 2024. Time to shine young man. Make us and your country proud.

Haseebullah has scored rapid fifty 76(50) against PTV in 1st innings for SNGPL in second round of President's Trophy 2023-24

Last edited:
I don’t really care much looking at a T20 prospect. We have a gazillion options in every department.

What matters to me the most is if someone like Haseebullah has the game for red ball.

hes a good player for this level, but the few times ive seen him his stroke play seems limited for the top level, maybe ill be proven wrong

According to reports, Haseebullah may replace Azam Khan in the 3rd T20I for Pakistan against New Zealand.

=============================================

It would be a remarkable call and the right decision from our selection management.

If he plays, he should not bat in the middle order. He is an opener and should only be given a chance there. Otherwise he will be dropped after failing in the middle order.

If he plays, he should not bat in the middle order. He is an opener and should only be given a chance there. Otherwise he will be dropped after failing in the middle order.
He's a very limited player. There are many better options than him at opening.

He's a very limited player. There are many better options than him at opening.
I'm shocked that you are calling him limited talent. I guess you have not seen him playing in the Pakistan Domestic season 2023.

Can you name other options better than him?

From what i've seen, he takes a while to get in. And is more of an anchor player.
And we don't need another anchor player in our T20 side
I'd prefer Shabzada Farhan in instead with Riz batting lower down. Farhan has shown he can be a no-nonsene player and likes to dominate from the start.
Happy to be proven wrong, though.

I'm shocked that you are calling him limited talent. I guess you have not seen him playing in the Pakistan Domestic season 2023.

Can you name other options better than him?
I have seen him pretty much all his televised or YouTube games since his u19 games. He has clearly improved since his u19 games but he not international material.

His late against pace. Can't play anything above waist height against the pacers. Too much bottom handed player.

His keeping us quite average too. Having said that bar hitting he's miles better than Azam Khan as a bat or wicket keeper.

Mohammad Haris is far better option than him for limited overs. He just needs to play a lot of FC game to develop his batting.

I am curious to see at which position he will play against NZ. Personally I believe his better utilization is at the opening slot but with too many contenders for the opening position let's see where he gets his chance to play.

He should be given a go just because he is in the party otherwise he hasnt lit the world on fire

Haseebullah replaces Azam Khan in T20I squad

The national selection committee has announced wicketkeeper/batter Haseebullah as the replacement player for Azam Khan, who was sidelined from the T20I series against New Zealand due to a tear in his right calf muscle.

Haseebullah will join the Pakistan side after tonight’s third T20I and will be available for selection in the remaining two T20Is scheduled to be played in Lahore on Thursday and Saturday, respectively. The 21-year-old Haseebullah made his sole T20I appearance against New Zealand earlier this year.

Haseebullah replaces Azam Khan in T20I squad

The national selection committee has announced wicketkeeper/batter Haseebullah as the replacement player for Azam Khan, who was sidelined from the T20I series against New Zealand due to a tear in his right calf muscle.

Haseebullah will join the Pakistan side after tonight’s third T20I and will be available for selection in the remaining two T20Is scheduled to be played in Lahore on Thursday and Saturday, respectively. The 21-year-old Haseebullah made his sole T20I appearance against New Zealand earlier this year.
A joke he's rubbish should have been Mohammed Haris.

A joke he's rubbish should have been Mohammed Haris.
Exactly with Rizwan also pulling a muscle , it is better to bring Haris back..

Wahab idiot has some internal grudge against his PZ teammate Haris...

First series , Haris was rested he said, then PSL not much of a performance from him, then discarded from the entire lineup not even in reserved... Now comes a chance with Rizwan getting injured and Azam khan ruled out of the series , he brings Haseebullah khan.. Wahab and his Lahori clouts... They should have a separate country instead of being inside Pakistan...

At last, Haseebullah Khan has single-handedly won a match for his team. His unbeaten 101 off 79 led the SNGPL side to a successful chase, resulting in SNGPL winning the President's Cup Grade-I. He scored this century at a strike rate of 127.84 after the fall of early wickets.

At last, Haseebullah Khan has single-handedly won a match for his team. His unbeaten 101 off 79 led the SNGPL side to a successful chase, resulting in SNGPL winning the President's Cup Grade-I. He scored this century at a strike rate of 127.84 after the fall of early wickets.
He will be the next M.Rizwan for us if he keep working hard, the guy knows how to remain not out and can bat aggressively as well , these two ingredients are gold in our batting order requirements.

Back