[VIDEOS] Talent Spotter : Zeeshan Zameer

Illogical to play him if he is only going to be given one over especially in softer moments of the match. It's almost like IU are resenting that they are being forced into picking him

Illogical to play him if he is only going to be given one over especially in softer moments of the match. It's almost like IU are resenting that they are being forced into picking him
He did bowl a very solid over.

I can see why Shadab didnt give him another over though. Its was a pressure cooker situation towards the end and it did make sense to go through with experienced bowlers.

Just one over for 7 runs - one would have thought he would have been given another over but Shadab when asked said that he didnt want to put a young bowler under pressure.

bowls at 139..

Pakistan is blessed with so many pacers....

While India has only 4-5 i think
Please don’t bring India into the discussion.We are two different countries and have nothing to do with each other.

Just one over for 7 runs - one would have thought he would have been given another over but Shadab when asked said that he didnt want to put a young bowler under pressure.

Poor captaincy from Shadab. The whole point of this tournament is for up and coming youngsters to rub shoulders with domestic and international professionals. Even if they make mistakes they have the opportunity to learn from them. And in the grand scheme of things, its not like he could have done any worse than Wasim.

Poor captaincy from Shadab. The whole point of this tournament is for up and coming youngsters to rub shoulders with domestic and international professionals. Even if they make mistakes they have the opportunity to learn from them. And in the grand scheme of things, its not like he could have done any worse than Wasim.

shadab keeps doing this. We lost the tournament last year because of this and he isn't learning from his mistakes.

I believe Shadab has selfish means. Mubashir not being used to protect himself and Zameer not being used to protect his friends..

1 over for 7 for Zeeshan.

4 overs for 61 for Mohammad Wasim.

Very strange captaincy.

Hindsight is twenty twenty. Had Shadab given the ball to Zameer and if he got tonked, he would have been accused of destroying the youngsters confidence and protecting his friend Hasan Ali

Hindsight is twenty twenty. Had Shadab given the ball to Zameer and if he got tonked, he would have been accused of destroying the youngsters confidence and protecting his friend Hasan Ali

I think people are more surprised at Wasim being given his 4th over after being smashed around in his first 3 overs.

Bhai, i have defended Shadab alot for his captaincy. But now its too much as I dont see them winning the PSL anymore.

Shadab made similar mistakes last season. They go in batting heavy but its in the bowlder department they make school boy errors.
Last season, Zafar Gohar was barely given any match or overs along with other spinners.

SHadab is in his 5 PSL and is yet to win the trophy.

Last edited by a moderator:
shadab keeps doing this. We lost the tournament last year because of this and he isn't learning from his mistakes.

I believe Shadab has selfish means. Mubashir not being used to protect himself and Zameer not being used to protect his friends..

I wouldn't go as far as accuse him of that. But I think as a captain you should be willing to take risks instead of always going for a safer and predictable option. And this is especially true for T20 cricket which is a format of very fine margins.

I don't know if Mubasir is good enough or developed enough for someone like Shadab to even worry about them. And I don't believe that Shadab is even that kind of a cricketer to begin with. On top of that his form has been exceptional this season. So I don't agree on that.

Lets stick to Zeeshan Zameer for now in this thread.

Personally I wouldn't have played Zameer after this performance in the u19s World cup.

Almost picked his first wicekt, but gets dropped by Waqad Maqsood. It was Sharjeel he got

Bowl another delivery and this time gets Babar Azam..

What a player this kid is

poor kid gets injured, waas bowling with good bounce

What a wicket to take!

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/kxlrbm" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

But sad to see him walk off with an injury

ghaLaKu.jpg

That was an absolute ripper to dismiss Babar.

Totally squared him up - good pace, bounce and moved away.

The sort of ball that would get wickets in any format.

The Kid reminds me of Ryan Harris with his bowling action, line/length and the lift he gets. He will be a handful in Australia assuming he gets fitter and better.

Him getting injured in qf vs aus u 19 cost us the game he came back to bowl ut was surely only 50 % fit looks a good good bowler.

Touched speeds 142, 143 and 144 kph in his opening over vs KK.

Action is pretty good, one of the better ones amongst the youngsters in terms of pressure distribution. With his age and the pace he is bowling at, its natural to have few injuries in early part of his career as muscles are still not fully matured.

He will be hitting 150k in next year PSL , mark my words.
Something doesnt look comfortable with his body this year. He must be carrying an injury.

He would become pretty special with his action at 150 kph. He does look quite injury prone though.

That wicket of Babar's should be the launchpad for his career.

Update - I'm hearing that Zeeshan is out of PSL7 due to a side strain.

Last edited:
Touched speeds 142, 143 and 144 kph in his opening over vs KK.

Action is pretty good, one of the better ones amongst the youngsters in terms of pressure distribution. With his age and the pace he is bowling at, its natural to have few injuries in early part of his career as muscles are still not fully matured.

It just shows you how far of a coach Ijaz Ahmed is.

His ability to move the ball both ways with steep bounce is more impressive than his speed. If his action is clean then he is a great prospect for test cricket.

Ma sha Allah. Though I don't follow cricket that much anymore, but good to see that the fast bowlers keep coming through from Pakistan :)

19-year-old pacer Zeeshan Zameer had once contemplated quitting cricket owing to the complex situation developing in his household but is now one of the bright talents recognised by the PCB Pathways Programme. Continuing his journey in competitive cricket, Zeeshan was encumbered by several challenges in the start of his career that could have potentially compromised his future.

The Karachi-based cricketer had to face the challenge of leaving district-level cricket and travelling back to his village in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to get his unwell mother operated on but decided to stay back after a local coach offered to take up the medical expenses.

His father is a driver in a private company in Karachi and given the limited financial support, Zeeshan was always willing to go the extra mile to chase his dreams. Rewarded for his excellent performances in the U19 circuit and an impressive HBL PSL 7 outing with Islamabad United, Zeeshan is now one of the 107 cricketers part of the PCB Pathways Programme granted a monthly stipend of PKR30,000 and the chance to be tutored by top coaches at the National High Performance Centre.

“PCB Pathways Programme is a very good initiative because I am aware of how difficult it is for players coming from humble backgrounds,” Zeeshan told PCB Digital.

“The players in the programme will be in a better mental space and under less stress as their monetary requirements are being fulfilled by the PCB and they can support their family as well.”

The fast bowler’s rise can be traced back to his stellar show in the National U19 One-Day Tournament 2020-21 when he bagged 19 scalps in 10 games for Sindh U19. His ability to generate steep bounce has been a main feature of his bowling arsenal.

Zeeshan, who idolises Australia Test skipper Pat Cummins and wants to replicate the heroics of Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis, was the standout bowler in the ACC U19 Asia Cup 2021 where he picked up 11 wickets in just three matches. Zeeshan also registered exceptional figures of 5-60 against archrivals India in the tournament, delivering his side a memorable victory. Later, he grabbed five wickets in as many games in the ICC U19 Men’s Cricket World Cup 2022

Toughened by the hardships of life, Zeeshan mentioned dealing with criticism in a positive manner to make progress.

“Some people will often try to discourage you but it is important to not dwell on their comments and focus on your practice and hard work. If you have reached a certain level on the basis of your talent, you should be confident enough to trust your skills.”

This year, Zeeshan made his maiden appearance in the HBL PSL where he took the prize scalp of Karachi Kings skipper Babar Azam in only his second match. Zeeshan’s rapid lifter bounced sharply off the good length and ended Babar’s stay at the crease in what sadly turned out to be his penultimate delivery in the competition as his brief stint was cut short by injury.

Zeeshan’s dismissal of Babar was widely praised by the cricket fraternity and also met a nod of approval from the all-format Pakistan captain himself, who encouraged him after the match.

“When I got Babar out, it was a special feeling for me. I caught an injury after that match but Babar came to my room and appreciated me, telling me that this setback is part and parcel of the game. He motivated me to continue my hard work and to pursue my dream of representing Pakistan.”

X4utaWD.png

Where is this kid?

Part of high performance program.

I still can't forget how he schooled Babar in PSL his idol is Pat Cummins and that ball was what you expect from Cummins. Pacy on off stump rising and seaming away slightly if he can bowl that regularly he will be incredible test bowler.

Part of high performance program.

I still can't forget how he schooled Babar in PSL his idol is Pat Cummins and that ball was what you expect from Cummins. Pacy on off stump rising and seaming away slightly if he can bowl that regularly he will be incredible test bowler.

Surely, a few brain cells would have told the guy deciding that these high performance centres are a total waste of time and he needs to be playing. Match time is a 100 times better than these pointless centres

This has to be some kind of joke. Why isn't this kid playing in the domestics yet? No wonder our pacers have little to no domestic experience before they get selected for the national team.

This has to be some kind of joke. Why isn't this kid playing in the domestics yet? No wonder our pacers have little to no domestic experience before they get selected for the national team.

The Sindh team selection has been a shambles ever since the new system started. They treat the selection as a panji for favours rendered and keep selecting 35+ players. I am shocked that Khurram Manzoor hasn't been selected in this team.

He's in the Sindh squad for the National T20 Cup.

Maybe they prefer 40 year-olds in their starting XI.

Sindh: Saud Shakeel (c), Mir Hamza (vc), Abrar Ahmed, Anwar Ali, Asif Mahmood, Danish Aziz, Omair Bin Yousuf, Rumman Raees, Saad Khan, Saim Ayub, Sarfaraz Ahmed (wk), Sharjeel Khan, Syed Faraz Ali, Zahid Mehmood and Zeeshan Zameer

Surely, a few brain cells would have told the guy deciding that these high performance centres are a total waste of time and he needs to be playing. Match time is a 100 times better than these pointless centres

Need to move to a region which backs youngsters Sindh is the worst of all.

Zeeshan says he's fully fit and ready to play in the National T20 Cup.

I guess it's down to the Sindh think-tank as to whether they want to pick him.

Zeeshan says he's fully fit and ready to play in the National T20 Cup.

I guess it's down to the Sindh think-tank as to whether they want to pick him.

Reminds me of Islu's treatment of Babar Azam. Another region should take the opportunity and pick Zeeshan up.

And ISB ended up winning that season. Babar failed in two games

And now Babar will end his career as the greatest Pakistani batsman. Once you've identified a talented player, you back them.

These young players are not in the playing 11 to win their teams' games. It's about getting exposure and becoming accustomed to the next level of cricket. The investment in younger guys pays dividends down the road ie. Shaheen, Babar, Shadab, Naseem.

Promising youngsters must be given opportunities in the T20 cup.The Hundred in England is giving chances to young players in men’s and women’s games.He should move to Northern team.

And ISB ended up winning that season. Babar failed in two games

They lost many other seasons after because of not having Babar. Misbah would have ruined Babar in international too had it not been for Mickey.

They lost many other seasons after because of not having Babar. Misbah would have ruined Babar in international too had it not been for Mickey.

No they did not. Isb under misbah played three psls, misbah won them two psls...

What a waste sitting him on the bench and watching players who have been around for 20 years playing ahead of him.

Disgraceful selection policy.

No they did not. Isb under misbah played three psls, misbah won them two psls...

Most people wouldn't remember Islamabad winning but they remember Misbahs treatment of Babar and saying Shaheen should be dropped in the 2019 WC, next game he produced that famous spell against Bangladesh

Most people wouldn't remember Islamabad winning but they remember Misbahs treatment of Babar and saying Shaheen should be dropped in the 2019 WC, next game he produced that famous spell against Bangladesh

So people wont remember the team winning the trophy but the guy who was dropped? Nice logic

What a waste sitting him on the bench and watching players who have been around for 20 years playing ahead of him.

Disgraceful selection policy.

The Sindh selectors have always been the panji guys. They will pick players that they think will repay them in the future. A rule should be made that only 3 guys over 30 can be picked, unless they are current PK internationals. It would stop this nonsense.

That's why 6 teams will going to harm us more than good , younger players will not pursue cricket as a profession because of lack chances and lack of financial security as the uncles keep playing in the top 6 teams and getting easy money.

Hasn't played any top level cricket for nearly 7 months.

That's not great for a young bowler.

That's why 6 teams will going to harm us more than good , younger players will not pursue cricket as a profession because of lack chances and lack of financial security as the uncles keep playing in the top 6 teams and getting easy money.

Bur more teams just means more rubbish. This is a selection issue not a structural issue.

A double leg pentagular FC and OD cup along with 16 teams quaid trophy is the way to go along with PSL , let the younger guys play in 16 teams National T20 tournament.

Selection issue go hand by hand with structural issue in countries like Pakistan

So a guy isnt picked becasue the Sindh selectors are scared to make decisions. How does that make the structure wrong. Based on your logic why not have 200 teams or 2000 because surely he would get a game. And even with more teams the poor players dont get game time. It maybe before your time but after the 2006 WC, we had a very talented young left arm fast bowler( Jamshed), he moved to PIA and never played even we had lots of teams.

More teams doesn’t mean youngsters will get chances.The problem is with the selection.You can have 40 teams with old and mediocre players.PCB can increase the number of teams to 8 considering Pakistan’s big population.The pool of players in 8 teams is 8x22=176(1st&2nd).That is enough.It doesn’t mean there are going to be only 176 people playing cricket.Club cricket,U16,U19 and city associations will still exist.The best players should play in the 8 FC teams.Youngsters who are very talented at U19 should get into 2nd XI and if the perform they they should be moved to 1st XI.

More teams doesn’t mean youngsters will get chances.The problem is with the selection.You can have 40 teams with old and mediocre players.PCB can increase the number of teams to 8 considering Pakistan’s big population.The pool of players in 8 teams is 8x22=176(1st&2nd).That is enough.It doesn’t mean there are going to be only 176 people playing cricket.Club cricket,U16,U19 and city associations will still exist.The best players should play in the 8 FC teams.Youngsters who are very talented at U19 should get into 2nd XI and if the perform they they should be moved to 1st XI.

The issue is selectors that refuse to make decisions and not the structure. If i was made a selector tomorrow, the problem would be solved

More teams means more likely than not more youngsters will get chances and financial benefits, you guys keep talking about selection improvement, it's just like talking about completely removal of corruption from our country, do you think it's even possible? No and so is the selection issue will likely remain too ,

Our best bet would be maximum number of teams so that maximum number of youngsters can play and earn and then we can have double leg pentagular FC and OD tournament to filter out the quality which again will be highly unlikely because the uncles will still somehow make it to the playing XI ,
And please don't talk about selection improvements , it's ain't going to happen in countries like us.

And the wait continues.

Still not had a chance at the National T20 Cup.

The Kid reminds me of Ryan Harris with his bowling action, line/length and the lift he gets. He will be a handful in Australia assuming he gets fitter and better.

Went for 1/76 in 9 overs against AusU19. I believe Aussies relish the extra bounce.

He’s not in their squad anymore if I remember correctly the commentators stated he’s been replaced due to injury. Pathetic from sindh.

An ongoing ankle injury that may need surgery.

It's an issue he's had for a while.

Last edited:
Back