[VIDEOS] Talent Spotter : Zeeshan Zameer

Not part of any squad in the QeA22.

I think it must be due to the ankle injury he has been suffering from for quite a while.

My guess is that he is going to opt for surgery soon.

I think it must be due to the ankle injury he has been suffering from for quite a while.

How does the average domestic Pakistani cricketer obtain surgical and medical care? Does the PCB provide health insurance?

Real shame. The guy has a real future. I hope the PCB look after him.

Confirmed.

He's out injured - ankle injury.

That's why we need 17/18 teams to spot younger players

We have 6. You want 18. I think something in between can be good. Around 10-12. We can't afford more. You can already see the lack of quality when guys like of Khushdil and Iftikhar boss the domestic limited overs cricket tournaments. Going to 18 teams will ruin the level of cricket.

Explains why he didn't play in National T20 either when everyone was questioning it. Sindh was playing plenty of youngsters and that's what has changed their team.

Disappointing to see this young lad get injured. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Explains why he didn't play in National T20 either when everyone was questioning it. Sindh was playing plenty of youngsters and that's what has changed their team.

Disappointing to see this young lad get injured. I hope he makes a full recovery.

I hate hate hate a young quick going under the knife, especially for a joint as crucial as the ankle. I’m not from medicine, so am completely speaking out of turn. However, I’m always of the mindset that Surgery should always be a last resort. Surgeons are basically mechanics, and your livelihood (and quality of life) will be on the line based on how well they perform. If it was up to me, I would always recommend physical rehab, even if that means sitting out a whole season. Just my two cents. Happy to be corrected.

I hate hate hate a young quick going under the knife, especially for a joint as crucial as the ankle. I’m not from medicine, so am completely speaking out of turn. However, I’m always of the mindset that Surgery should always be a last resort. Surgeons are basically mechanics, and your livelihood (and quality of life) will be on the line based on how well they perform. If it was up to me, I would always recommend physical rehab, even if that means sitting out a whole season. Just my two cents. Happy to be corrected.

Yep, surgery should be the last thing to do but it seems to be in this case. Saj said it himself that he's had the ankle injury for quite sometime and has been a recurring issue.

Good news is a lot of these surgeries aren't so dire as they were in the past with even basketball players returning to top form after achilles injuries when it used to be a career ender. I just hope he gets it done outside of Pakistan.

We have 6. You want 18. I think something in between can be good. Around 10-12. We can't afford more. You can already see the lack of quality when guys like of Khushdil and Iftikhar boss the domestic limited overs cricket tournaments. Going to 18 teams will ruin the level of cricket.

The reason khushdil and ifthikar boss it is due to the pitches and the amount of averagr slow pseudo spinners that bowl in the teams.

If we had proper hard fast pitches and the teams had genuine 140 kph pacers in the team you wouldn't see likes of those players and shan masoods scoring so many runs.

Big blow for the youngster - really is an important season for him

Domestic performances should never be the criteria for selection in a country like us where playing xi of domestic teams are not on merit , Imran did try to develop a good system but unfortunately bad team selection ruined it , In Pakistan the only way forward is to spot a bunch of highly talented youngsters from a big pool of players playing in crappy domestic teams and performing more than above average , we can then select them for A tours , if we can't have merit in selection at the domestic level we can atleast have a merit in A tours and yes there should be alot more A tours , that's the only way to groom younger players here in our setup.

That's what Imran did when he was captain of Pak team , he picked highly talented individuals and train them on job and made them world beaters , that is the only way forward in Pakistan unless we have merit in domestic teams which i think is next to impossible.

If you have seen the selection of national t20 you can have an idea how domestic team selection works , we had 27 and 28 year olds playing with abysmal FC and OD record instead of younger players from the last 2 u19 worldcup. And I am not even talking about 40 years old uncles with domestic record still playing.

Not a good situation.

Looks like he might have to go to Dubai for a prognosis and possibly surgery.

Any news about Zeeshan Zamir?.I am looking forward to see him play in the upcoming PSL.I don’t know about the nature of his injury or if he is undergoing any treatment.

Any news about Zeeshan Zamir?.I am looking forward to see him play in the upcoming PSL.I don’t know about the nature of his injury or if he is undergoing any treatment.

Unlikely he will be fit according to what he has said recently.

Islamabad have picked Zeeshan Zamir in emerging category.

So looks like he is all fit?

Well the update I've had is that he's on the road to recovery and feels he will be ready for PSL8.

Well the update I've had is that he's on the road to recovery and feels he will be ready for PSL8.

[MENTION=9]Saj[/MENTION] will Zeeshan be fit for PSL? Please update. I'm really looking forward to seeing him bowl

Was seen working with Rumman Raees.

Islamabad United’s official tweet

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A star in the making <a href="https://twitter.com/ZeeshanZameer30?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ZeeshanZameer30</a><br><br>How it started How it’s going <a href="https://t.co/kNpYQaRsPY">pic.twitter.com/kNpYQaRsPY</a></p>— Islamabad United (@IsbUnited) <a href="https://twitter.com/IsbUnited/status/1620711173166620674?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 1, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully he has a great season and comes on Mickeys radar for aus tour later this year.

Could be third seamer along with Shaheen and Naseem.

[MENTION=9]Saj[/MENTION] will Zeeshan be fit for PSL? Please update. I'm really looking forward to seeing him bowl

He tells me that he is fit for the PSL.

Let's see.

Hopefully he has a great season and comes on Mickeys radar for aus tour later this year.

Could be third seamer along with Shaheen and Naseem.

They need 4 seemers in Australia and a part time spinner.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Under the watchful eyes of one of our coaches <a href="https://twitter.com/MHanifMalik8?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MHanifMalik8</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/ZeeshanZameer30?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ZeeshanZameer30</a> & <a href="https://twitter.com/rummanraees15?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@rummanraees15</a> are getting ready for this season’s <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HBLPSL?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#HBLPSL</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/UnitedWeWin?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#UnitedWeWin</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DimaghSe?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#DimaghSe</a> <a href="https://t.co/yNUOhk4r7F">pic.twitter.com/yNUOhk4r7F</a></p>— Islamabad United (@IsbUnited) <a href="https://twitter.com/IsbUnited/status/1620753849383542784?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 1, 2023</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Head Coach Azhar Mahmood on Zeeshan Zameer

"In bowling, we have Zeeshan Zameer, who is an emerging talent. Though he bowled only 15 balls in the last edition, but he made an impact. We worked on his fitness and he is fully fit now. Hopefully, he will do well for us this season."

This lad has the potential to become a very fine bowler.

My concern though is that it wasn't that long ago it was felt he needed surgery, now a couple of months later he doesn't and is fully fit.

I just hope whoever has checked his ankle knows what they are doing.

This lad has the potential to become a very fine bowler.

My concern though is that it wasn't that long ago it was felt he needed surgery, now a couple of months later he doesn't and is fully fit.

I just hope whoever has checked his ankle knows what they are doing.

This is concerning. Although the optimist in me hopes that they’re right. The ISLU management team are generally class, so I hope him not needing surgery is the correct decision.

Given ISLU’s all rounder resources, Im expecting that, if he does play, he’ll have a light workload and not bowl his full complement of overs.

Brief look at the guy and his action and how effortlessly he hits 87-90 mph. The bowling action and release resembles Ryan Harris.

Brief look at the guy and his action and how effortlessly he hits 87-90 mph. The bowling action and release resembles Ryan Harris.

He needs wickets under his belt. That's all that counts. Hopefully Islamabad will give him that chance.

Shadab Khan was suggesting in the post match interview that Zeeshan could be ready in a game or two.

Can’t wait to this lad bowl looked so promising pre injury. He working with a good people & the future Pakistan bowling coach Raees .. perfect

Shadab Khan was suggesting in the post match interview that Zeeshan could be ready in a game or two.

I think once Hales is back Nawaz will drop out and Zameer will be brought in.

How likely is Zeeshan Zameer to play for Islamabad this season?

Why is Islamabad not playing him..especially when they have one of the weakest bowling line ups?
Is he injured?

He's in the starting XI for Islamabad today against Lahore.

Big chance for him.

Disappointing couple of overs today.

Confidence looked a bit low and he looked like a bowler who hasn't played much cricket of late.

Disappointing couple of overs today.

Confidence looked a bit low and he looked like a bowler who hasn't played much cricket of late.

Exactly. He’s been out a year with a surgically repaired ankle, and in his first game back he’s been thrust into the spotlight. It’d be difficult for more experienced heads even. I hope that ISLU persist with him

Zeeshan Zameer, who missed the start of the tournament with an injury, suffered a grade 1 quad tear during the match vs Lahore.

Zeeshan is expected to be fit before the end of the tournament.

No cricket for a while, thrown into the PSL and no surprise he's injured again.

We really do mess things up in Pakistan cricket.

If he's Injured then that's the last we should see off him in this psl.

And still no sign of him.

Might have been better to release him from the squad so that he could work with the PCB medical staff.

Update on Arshad Iqbal, Zeeshan Zameer and Sufiyan Muqeem

Lahore, 10 December 2023:

Dr Javed Mughal, renowned UK-based consultant sports physiotherapist, has assessed right-arm pacers Arshad Iqbal and Zeeshan Zameer, who are grappling with complex ankle injuries, at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Lahore. He will assess injured left-arm wrist spinner Sufiyan Muqeem tomorrow.

Dr Javed Mughal is scheduled to meet with Dr Sohail Saleem, Director of Medical and Sports Sciences PCB, on Monday to discuss and present his detailed reports. The meeting aims to devise further plans and strategies for the optimal recovery and rehabilitation of the injured bowlers.

PCB​

Another promising talent - a case of mismanaged injury it seems

Really sad to see him not featuring in PSLs.

Another promising talent - a case of mismanaged injury it seems

Really sad to see him not featuring in PSLs.
has barely bowled 5 professional overs in cricket, if your body cant sustain that then its obvious, as i said earlier, he has some underlying chronic injury issues.

hes young, could still be back in a year or two.

Update on Arshad Iqbal, Zeeshan Zameer and Sufiyan Muqeem

Lahore, 10 December 2023:

Dr Javed Mughal, renowned UK-based consultant sports physiotherapist, has assessed right-arm pacers Arshad Iqbal and Zeeshan Zameer, who are grappling with complex ankle injuries, at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Lahore. He will assess injured left-arm wrist spinner Sufiyan Muqeem tomorrow.

Dr Javed Mughal is scheduled to meet with Dr Sohail Saleem, Director of Medical and Sports Sciences PCB, on Monday to discuss and present his detailed reports. The meeting aims to devise further plans and strategies for the optimal recovery and rehabilitation of the injured bowlers.

PCB​

The biggest mistake these guys can make is seeing a pakistani doctor.

Not only things will be made worse they will find unfathomable ways to actually kill you.

It's not a good look when you are undergoing rehab with phone in hand. I get that rehab is boring, but at least look like you are taking it seriously when the PCB is shooting a video.

g1o0BHh.png

It's not a good look when you are undergoing rehab with phone in hand. I get that rehab is boring, but at least look like you are taking it seriously when the PCB is shooting a video.

g1o0BHh.png
These guys are professional athletes and not high school children. I am pretty sure he will put the phone down when doing the strenuous stuff. It's not his job to choreograph PCB videos.

He doesn't bowl with his phone in his hand does he. I guess he knows when to put it down :)

g1o0BHh.png
What kind of rehabilitation is this? He is using his phone while exercising. I knew these guys are not serious about their fitness and the game.

These guys are professional athletes and not high school children. I am pretty sure he will put the phone down when doing the strenuous stuff. It's not his job to choreograph PCB videos.

He doesn't bowl with his phone in his hand does he. I guess he knows when to put it down :)

I disagree, as a professional athlete, you should be focused on rebab, even more so, not texting. Even if you are doing something non-strenuous, you should be focused on it properly. He is a professional and so should act professionaly.

Pakistan is always about doing everything half-heartedly. It's probably one of the biggest differences between us and eilete teams. Even Brad Haddin, who was walking past our players during a fielding practice session, said there was no intensity in training. Similarly, when you do rehab, you should be giving it everything, even if its a basic excercise.

I disagree, as a professional athlete, you should be focused on rebab, even more so, not texting. Even if you are doing something non-strenuous, you should be focused on it properly. He is a professional and so should act professionaly.

Pakistan is always about doing everything half-heartedly. It's probably one of the biggest differences between us and eilete teams. Even Brad Haddin, who was walking past our players during a fielding practice session, said there was no intensity in training. Similarly, when you do rehab, you should be giving it everything, even if its a basic excercise.
I see your point, but these things do not have to translate to each other. A guy could be beginning his stretching and have his phone in his hand. Later he could put it down and go at max intensity.

Anyways we never know but I do see your point, we are unprofessional when it comes to training.

But does this give a positive effect on people who are looking at this picture.

But does this give a positive effect on people who are looking at this picture.
Its not his job to give positive effects to people on online forums. For all you know he could be using his phone as a timer. What difference does it make, we nitpick so much on what people are doing.

Its not his job to give positive effects to people on online forums. For all you know he could be using his phone as a timer. What difference does it make, we nitpick so much on what people are doing.
Becouse they are meant to be professional atheletes and have you heard of a stop watch ?.

g1o0BHh.png

They both look unfit. I have yet to see a Pakistani cricketer at 12% bodyfat.

They both look unfit. I have yet to see a Pakistani cricketer at 12% bodyfat.
I don't know about bodyfat %, but the following have decent althletic builds:

Shoaib Malik, Naseem Shah, Shan Masood, Wasim Jr, and, Ishaanullah Shaheen Shah (last 2 are just skin & bones) come to mind.

I don't know about bodyfat %, but the following have decent althletic builds:

Shoaib Malik, Naseem Shah, Shan Masood, Wasim Jr, and, Ishaanullah Shaheen Shah (last 2 are just skin & bones) come to mind.
Rizwan and Fakhar Zaman are fairly decent as well.

Becouse they are meant to be professional atheletes and have you heard of a stop watch ?.
I can find you numerous pictures of professional athletes in the gym with phones in their hands. Getting caught in one moment on a random video clip with a phone in your hand does not mean much.

I can find you numerous pictures of professional athletes in the gym with phones in their hands. Getting caught in one moment on a random video clip with a phone in your hand does not mean much.
you proberly can but make sure it was before a injury .

Update on Zeeshan Zameer's Injury:

Zeeshan Zameer, the right-arm fast bowler who sustained an ankle injury, will undergo surgery in Qatar next week. The decision was made by ASPETAR earlier this month after examining the cricketer and reviewing his medical reports. Following surgery, Zeeshan may stay in Qatar to complete his rehabilitation.​

Back