[VIDEOS] US Techie - Saurabh Naresh Netravalkar - USA's future cricket star

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
9RurD4G.jpeg

Oracle engineer helps lead US to historic cricket win against Pakistan

The US bested Pakistan in a nail-biting match at the T20 Cricket World Cup on Thursday, thanks in part to the athleticism of a lead engineer at Oracle.

Saurabh Netravalkar spends his work days as a principal member of Oracle's technical team, flexing his professional skills at the software company, according to his LinkedIn profile. But on Thursday, he used his cricket skills to help lead the men's US team to a historic victory and stunning upset at the Grand Prairie Cricket Stadium in Texas.

In addition to being a top-notch techie, Netravalkar is also a left-arm fast bowler on Team USA. He's been a team member since 2018, per his LinkedIn.

Netravalkar was born in Mumbai in 1991 and played cricket in India for much of his adolescence, according to his USA Cricket profile.

Amid his burgeoning athletic career, Netravalkar has simultaneously risen through the ranks at Oracle, one of the largest software companies in the world. According to his LinkedIn, he joined the company in 2016 as a member of Oracle's technical staff. He was promoted to senior member in 2018 and again promoted to principal member in 2022.

Before that, he earned a Master's Degree in Computer Science from Cornell University in 2016 and a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering from the University of Mumbai in 2013.

SOURCE: https://www.businessinsider.com/ora...-historic-cricket-win-against-pakistan-2024-6

--------------------------

Following is the whole record for a guy who defeated the former champions and Finalist team of last year's T20 World Cup on his own. Mighty impressive start against a test-paying nation at the World Cup stage.

AGuIZHe.png

SXzubk2.png

Last edited:
This is how you read the situation. Sometimes your best bowler (in the USA's case it was ALI KHAN) is not the best guy for a particular job. The USA chose the right guy for the job instead of the reputation-based decision and they made history.

-------------------------------

Monank Patel (USA Captain) speaking during USA vs Pakistan post-match Press Conference - 6th June 2024

[Reporter:]

Take us through the tactical reasoning behind giving Saurabh Nethralvakar the Super Over instead of Ali Khan or anybody else for that matter.

[Monank Patel:]

I mean, the plan was we wanted to make sure that we utilize the condition. And the condition was left-arm bowler bowling cutters and wide Yorkers with left arm over the angle going out it helps of a bowler to create that angle Ali Khan usually he hits the stump and we wanted to make sure that we make them play outside the off stump. And as a left-hander, the angle helps it. So that's why, and Saurabh had a good day, and I backed Saurabh, and yeah, that was the decision.​

This is how you read the situation. Sometimes your best bowler (in the USA's case it was ALI KHAN) is not the best guy for a particular job. The USA chose the right guy for the job instead of the reputation-based decision and they made history.

-------------------------------

Monank Patel (USA Captain) speaking during USA vs Pakistan post-match Press Conference - 6th June 2024

[Reporter:]

Take us through the tactical reasoning behind giving Saurabh Nethralvakar the Super Over instead of Ali Khan or anybody else for that matter.

[Monank Patel:]

I mean, the plan was we wanted to make sure that we utilize the condition. And the condition was left-arm bowler bowling cutters and wide Yorkers with left arm over the angle going out it helps of a bowler to create that angle Ali Khan usually he hits the stump and we wanted to make sure that we make them play outside the off stump. And as a left-hander, the angle helps it. So that's why, and Saurabh had a good day, and I backed Saurabh, and yeah, that was the decision.​
Wow such a rational decision and to think of it on your feet when the game is line is remarkable. Definitely a savvy captain.

Saurabh - U19 player, moves to US gets an IT degree, top job and makes history for his new country

Sami Aslam - a U19 player, moves to the Us, cries about unfair selection in Pakistan, works at a gas station, and decides to skip trials for the World Cup to go on holiday.

The mentality of two countries is summarised by two players.

Saurabh - U19 player, moves to US gets an IT degree, top job and makes history for his new country

Sami Aslam - a U19 player, moves to the Us, cries about unfair selection in Pakistan, works at a gas station, and decides to skip trials for the World Cup to go on holiday.

Although expected, it is still eye opening to see the gulf between the two mentalities.

Sami Aslam Skipped trials?

Remind me again why he went to USA?

very impressive and shows that hard work, strong work ethic, education, professionalism pays off.
as opposed to this many people seek to get to glory via short cuts only. some will make it but most of them will end up failing or hitting a ceiling soon that they can't breach later.

This guy went to Cornell, works in silicon valley, played in the ranji trophy and now defeated Pakistan in a wc

Living the dream of every Indian middle class kid
I sent his linkedin pic to my cousins yesterday as “goals” lol.

Absolutely delighted for him not many know but Dale Steyn coached him for 2023 MCL season too.
That tournament prepared US players and now for 2024 his team mates would be Maxwell Smith Rachin travis

future? He's already 32.

Future might be Harmeet Singh and ofcourse Aaron Jones

This guy went to Cornell, works in silicon valley, played in the ranji trophy and now defeated Pakistan in a wc

He has played u19 WC for India. Same for Harmeet.
Both would've been discarded in India but look how they are playing the WC now.

A loss of India?
Nah, I don't think he would have made the Indian team. would've likely been lost. What's his pace? I didn't see maybe around 125-130? But a great story to be playing at the WC and winning against last tournament's finalists. The pitch and luck favoured USA that day. Pakistan messed up first with Rauf and then Amir.

Unbelievable. He could have postponed his honeymoon. He was a good batsman and most likely would be playing this WC had he attended the trials.
USA doesn't need him, they already have better t20 batters then aslam

Nah, I don't think he would have made the Indian team. would've likely been lost. What's his pace? I didn't see maybe around 125-130? But a great story to be playing at the WC and winning against last tournament's finalists. The pitch and luck favoured USA that day. Pakistan messed up first with Rauf and then Amir.
Unadkat was the fastest from under-19 batch of Netravalkar. But Netravalkar due to his swing opened the bowling with Sandeep sharma.

It’s a sad feeling knowing anyone on this forum who has held a cricket ball at least once in their life has a chance to run through this sorry line up. A random tech guy in US just threw our entire legacy as a cricket nation into the gutter.

We used to joke about losing to teams like Uganda, Canada, Papua New Guinea… but now it’s a reality.

Wish you guys all the best, us Aussies would never dream of losing like this.

Sami's partner should've shown him sense and postponed that trip.

Apparently Saurav Netravalkar had a GPA of 4.088 at Cornell. Is that good bad or mediocre?

Other than Netravalkar 5 players of Indian origin played that match.

Apparently Saurav Netravalkar had a GPA of 4.088 at Cornell. Is that good bad or mediocre?

Other than Netravalkar 5 players of Indian origin played that match.
That's insanely good lmao. My own GPA was 3.7 and i was a class topper, but this guy has a near perfect GPA in an top 1% University that alot of people including Me likely wouldn't even get into.

GPA of 4.088 is near perfect gpa lol. He's basically a class topper in a school filled with class toppers.

That's insanely good lmao. My own GPA was 3.7 and i was a class topper, but this guy has a near perfect GPA in an top 1% University that alot of people including Me likely wouldn't even get into.

GPA of 4.088 is near perfect gpa lol. He's basically a class topper in a school filled with class toppers.

Is it fair that god gives so much talent in one person?

Is it fair that god gives so much talent in one person?
Every human being is different and wired differently. Genetics and environment also plays a factor.

We humans are the company we keep, and the a mix of genes. People who get high GPA, and insane monetary success in life and are naturally hard working are usually privileged to be born with good genes and their surrounded by people equally talented like them so they become a sum of it.

Theirs a reason Australia is the greatest cricket team. Their people genetically are UK citizens who were sent to a foreign land to die. Yet they turned that land into a haven.

Meaning genetically Australian people are built strong and have survivor instincts, which is why David Warner even at 37 can beat every pakiatani cricketer in a wrestling match, he's genetically fitter, stronger, and environmentally he's built to be more hard working over pakistani players who just wanna goof off.

Environmentally, Australia has the infrastructure and the money and the intelligence to use that money wisely on creating and developing players.

England is the same, so is various other cricketing countries.

Pakistani's are just genetically and environmentally inferior. It's a tough pill to swallow since I'm pakistani, but the reality is, Americans, British, Europeans, Australians, Japenese etc etc are all genetically and environmentally and infrastructure wise superior to us. Hum dil kei kamzor hain as we come from an oppressed family that sought a new land for refuge in 1947.

Can Saurabh Netravalkar attract the attention of any IPL or PSL franchise? He has been stellar so far.

Sourabh Netravalkar, Harmeet Singh and Rohit Sharma, all 3 played for same club in Mumbai i.e. Payyade club, Borivali

Virat Kohli’s Wicket An Emotional Moment – Saurabh Netravalkar BREAKS Silence On Dream T20 WC 2024

Netravalkar said the idea was to constantly hit the off-stump. Netravalkar dismissed Kohli for a rare golden duck with a peach.

New York: Indian-born Saurabh Netravalkar made all the headlines when he picked up the wickets of Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma inside the powerplay in a T20 WC 2024 match in Nassau County in New York. Netravalkar became instantly popular and now he has revealed the plan behind the wicket of Kohli. Calling it an ’emotional’ moment, Netravalkar said the idea was to constantly hit the off-stump. Netravalkar dismissed Kohli for a rare golden duck with a peach.
“I am just happy that I can pursue both my passions. It is all happening very fast and I am in the process of digesting it. These last two games were really high-profile,” he added, as references to his dismissal of Rohit and Kohli. “It was an emotional moment to get Virat’s wicket. I was looking to hit off-stump and it worked out well,” he said.

“I know Surya from my U-15, U-17 days, we were talking about our dressing-room banter. I didn’t know Virat personally but he did congratulate me,” Netravalkar said about Suryakumar Yadav.

Against the USA on Wednesday, chasing 111 to win, India got off to a disastrous start as they lost Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli early in the piece. Saurabh Natravalkar picked up both the wickets before claiming the crucial wicket of Rishabh Pant as well. But once Surya and Dube got together there was no looking back for India as they cruised home.

Earlier, pacer Arshdeep Singh was brilliant with the ball while taking four wickets as India restricted the USA to 110/8. Nitish Kumar (27, 23b, 2×4 1×6) batted well in the company of former New Zealand all-rounder Corey Anderson (15, 12b, 1×4, 1×6) after the USA were asked to bat first. For India, Arshdeep (4/9) and Hardik Pandya (2/14) were the best in the park, picking up six wickets between them.

Sourabh Netravalkar, Harmeet Singh and Rohit Sharma, all 3 played for same club in Mumbai i.e. Payyade club, Borivali
Yes, He played U19 as well for India. Moved to US because of his studies or job but it proved to be a good move for his own career though.

Yes, He played U19 as well for India. Moved to US because of his studies or job but it proved to be a good move for his own career though.
Yea smart move. Must have been pondering given how much IPL is a lucrative league. Netravalkar was the opening bowler. Unadkat first change bowler in that u19 club. Unadkat has earned 30 crores in IPL since 2018. Now that he got the attention, he may be picked up by some IPL team. You never know.

Yea smart move. Must have been pondering given how much IPL is a lucrative league. Netravalkar was the opening bowler. Unadkat first change bowler in that u19 club. Unadkat has earned 30 crores in IPL since 2018. Now that he got the attention, he may be picked up by some IPL team. You never know.
Yep but he is only a part-time cricketer atm in USA. His primary job is being an engineer so I think it was a good move and he might not need any IPL. He is doing good.

Netravalkar should get a PSL contract. Would become the best bowler in the league. Will make all Pakistani batters struggle. They just can't play him :nasser

Netravalkar should get a PSL contract. Would become the best bowler in the league. Will make all Pakistani batters struggle. They just can't play him :nasser
I would also want him to play IPL because Kohli and Sharma were also struggling against him. They caannot play him.

He can definitely replace Hassan Ali at Karachi kings hahahahahaha

Full time employee, probably is only allowed 30 working holidays in the year?

How does he manage to play franchise cricket here and there?

Every Tom, Dick and Naseem looked like a good bowler at Nassau County.
He was very good in Dallas too

Good left arm seamers who can bring the ball back into the pads at will are rare. He can definitely be useful for a year or so.

He was very good in Dallas too

Good left arm seamers who can bring the ball back into the pads at will are rare. He can definitely be useful for a year or so.
In the MLC he opened with bowling with Nortje and took 6 for 9. Dimissed Shadab and Haris for duck there as well.

His real test will be Jos Butler in the super 8s

Butler is one of the best demolishers of left arm seam

His real test will be Jos Butler in the super 8s

Butler is one of the best demolishers of left arm seam
USA has nothing to lose going forward. Infact hie projected his vacation till 17th lol Someone shared his outlook calendar from Oracle. If they go through to next round he will have to extend his vacation.

No need to include Babar's wicket here because that is really nbd

Fh1uM1M.png

Saurabh asking Pakistani fans haal kaisa hai ! This guy is also decent at uke and singing ! From his own YouTube channel.

He will fade away. Not great deal of talent.
doesnt matter, he ended up getting Kohli on a duck.

Man this guy is an inspiration.

Wonder if he gets an IPL contract, will he take leave from work?

Btw if he gets a PSL contract, that would be a big deal that an Indian (kind off) is playing in PSL

Btw if he gets a PSL contract, that would be a big deal that an Indian (kind off) is playing in PSL

His salary as a techie given his experience is likely to be in 300k range. This goes up exponentially as he climbs up the corporate ladder and might be pushing a million by the time he's 40.

What's the highest PSL salary? What's the shelf life of a franchise cricketer especially bowlers?

Netra would probably turn down an IPL contract if it were less than a million and he's nowhere close to being worth a million.

He'll probably laugh @ PSL offer.

His salary as a techie given his experience is likely to be in 300k range. This goes up exponentially as he climbs up the corporate ladder and might be pushing a million by the time he's 40.

What's the highest PSL salary? What's the shelf life of a franchise cricketer especially bowlers?

Netra would probably turn down an IPL contract if it were less than a million and he's nowhere close to being worth a million.

That being the case, he will play PSL for the same reason he is playing cricket - for fun.

That being the case, he will play PSL for the same reason he is playing cricket - for fun.

He's already attending zoom calls after matches in the middle of a world cup. Doubt he's visiting pakistan of all places for chump money and risk his steady career.

But I agree it'll be a massive coup if PSL can secure his name, as improbable as it is.

He is probably being paid peanuts by usa cricket, still he is playing

Last edited by a moderator:

Buddy, USA cricket is in USA. Being in US is the perk, coming to pakistan for a few week is a punishment. It's not hard.

Buddy, USA cricket is in USA. Being in US is the perk, coming to pakistan for a few week is a punishment. It's not hard.
Buddy to play in usa cricket you cant just walk into the team. You have to play 3 -4 leagues all over the country after which you qualify. Sami aslam played 1 or 2 only leagues and did not get to play.

Its not hard buddy to understand

Buddy to play in usa cricket you cant just walk into the team. You have to play 3 -4 leagues all over the country after which you qualify. Sami aslam played 1 or 2 only leagues and did not get to play.

Its not hard buddy to understand
It's different for Saurabh, not saying that he wouldn't play in the Psl, but he has a very high paying job and gets to live in an amazing place, with huge future prospects.

He was attending zoom calls in between training sessions and matches

doesnt matter, he ended up getting Kohli on a duck.

Man this guy is an inspiration.

Wonder if he gets an IPL contract, will he take leave from work?

In recent interview, Netravalkar revealed that after WC match played, he is completing office work in night at the hotel

He played for India U-19. So, he is not some nerdy techie only. He has significant cricket background.

As a matter of fact, USA has quite a few experienced players (Corey Anderson, Andries Gous etc.).

May be….. USA cricket team played amazingly in 1st round.. oracle or some other US corporation should sponsored them. At present, Amul India is their sponsor

It's different for Saurabh, not saying that he wouldn't play in the Psl, but he has a very high paying job and gets to live in an amazing place, with huge future prospects.

He was attending zoom calls in between training sessions and matches
Are you his manager or lawyer?

Dont know why indians here love to pretend as if they are the representative of someone without even knowing the person.

Two weeks ago, no one knew this guy had a proper job, now when i mentioned psl, everyone single one of them is flocking in and giving us advice that no he isnt coming for psl due to his job.

Did you like contacted him?

Give it a rest, we know you would hate anything that benefits psl or pakistan, no need to act as lawyers for a person that doesnt even know you exist

Are you his manager or lawyer?

Dont know why indians here love to pretend as if they are the representative of someone without even knowing the person.

Two weeks ago, no one knew this guy had a proper job, now when i mentioned psl, everyone single one of them is flocking in and giving us advice that no he isnt coming for psl due to his job.

Did you like contacted him?

Give it a rest, we know you would hate anything that benefits psl or pakistan, no need to act as lawyers for a person that doesnt even know you exist
Why are you getting worked up, did I personally insult you lol

If you could read, you would see that I didn't rule out him playing in the Psl

This is a public forum, people give their views here, no one's being a lawyer

People didn't know him before but we do now because he performed in a wc, what a shocking terrible thing to happen

This guy was so confident that USA will not reach Super 8, he applied for leave only until June 17th. He has to extend his leave now. What if the leave extension is not approved?WhatsApp Image 2024-06-12 at 12.14.17.jpeg

He may get picked by an IPL team now that he has created a buzz. Ironically his under-19 opening bowling partner was one fo the best bowler in 2024 IPL edition. Sandeep sharma.

Got.Kohli out for a golden duck.and got Rohit's.wicket too. Cricket gods decided they gave way too much to this guy and buttered his fingers to keep him humble.

Back