Visiting Bangladesh

KingKhanWC

Test Captain
Runs
In the winter I’m travelling to Pakistan . I’m thinking why not travel to Bangladesh?

Are there flights from Pakistan to Bangladesh?

Any tips on what to see & more importantly what to eat in Dhaka ?

🇧🇩

I was considering this at some point too. AFAIK direct flights are difficult you will have to go via Dubai.

I was considering this at some point too. AFAIK direct flights are difficult you will have to go via Dubai.

This is poor , it’s time to have flights between both nations . There were Bangladesh fans in the crown in pindi. How did they travel ? Or what is the quickest alternative from Pak ?

In the winter I’m travelling to Pakistan . I’m thinking why not travel to Bangladesh?

🇧🇩
Tumi gorur mangsho aar basanti polao khaite paro.

I left Bangladesh in 2005. Haven't visited since then. So, can't recommend you many locations as a lot have changed since then.

I recommend you to visit Cox's Bazar (located in southeast Bangladesh) and also Baitul Mukarram mosque in Dhaka.

Also, try many food stores in Dhaka. The ones which sell biryanis particularly.

I left Bangladesh in 2005. Haven't visited since then. So, can't recommend you many locations as a lot have changed since then.

I recommend you to visit Cox's Bazar (located in southeast Bangladesh) and also Baitul Mukarram mosque in Dhaka.

Also, try many food stores in Dhaka. The ones which sell biryanis particularly.

What are a few of Bangladeshi famous dishes ? I know of the biryani but sea food is huge there .

No offence, but who goes to Bangladesh really.
I have been to Dhaka. The view from apparently the best hotel wasn't good. But then it was rainy season. Dhaka is even more chaotic than Calcutta, and less beautiful. Probably because Calcutta was the capital of the British for a long time.

This is poor , it’s time to have flights between both nations . There were Bangladesh fans in the crown in pindi. How did they travel ? Or what is the quickest alternative from Pak ?
You will fly to Dubai or Sharjah I think. It's the only way

Although I looked at it post COVID maybe it is changed now?

There are lots of Bangladeshis in Karachi and some in other cities maybe they are the ones in the crowds who travelled to Pindi.

You will fly to Dubai or Sharjah I think. It's the only way

Although I looked at it post COVID maybe it is changed now?

There are lots of Bangladeshis in Karachi and some in other cities maybe they are the ones in the crowds who travelled to Pindi.

I would drive through India but don’t fancy going to India atm . It will have to be Dubai to Dhaka & then maybe onto China & then drive back into Pakistan .

I have been to Dhaka. The view from apparently the best hotel wasn't good. But then it was rainy season. Dhaka is even more chaotic than Calcutta, and less beautiful. Probably because Calcutta was the capital of the British for a long time.

Kolkata also is no beautiful city to visit. It’s just the food, colonial architecture and all. Nobody goes to Kolkata for fun.

One of my friends has been to Dhaka like 8 to 10 times for business reasons. From what I heard from him, there is absolutely nothing to do in Bangladesh. For amusement sake it is literally one of the worst countries in the world to visit, and this is not even me being mean or something. It’s a fact. Even when they make a movie of actors in Bangladesh, they have to change the colour of the picture a bit dirty looking to make it seem realistic.
What sort of amusement did he say was missing?

What are a few of Bangladeshi famous dishes ? I know of the biryani but sea food is huge there .

You can try biryani, mishti doi (type of Bengali yogurt), sweets, fruits, foods from street vendors, jhalmuri etc.

Jhalmuri is basically spicy puffed rice mixed with various spices.

Every land has their unique culture , language, food , buildings, art , nature .

You seem bitter , you should try to get out of India & see the world, it may help you .

Last edited by a moderator:
To the OP, visit Maldives. At least you will get to see beautiful blue water and get to live for a couple of days in rooms constructed right into the Indian Ocean.

Kolkata also is no beautiful city to visit. It’s just the food, colonial architecture and all. Nobody goes to Kolkata for fun.
I had the same opinion, because I had only seen the dirtiest part of Kolkata (when I used to travel by train), but recently (last year) visited and found salt lake area is quite good. Lots of open spaces.

You can try visiting Sylhet too. Nice tea garden there.

I also recommend seeing some YouTube travel vlog channels. See what their experiences are like.

Here is a Palestinian traveler who made a vlog in Bangladesh:

Not everywhere needs to have Bollywood prancers.

Every land has their unique culture , language, food , buildings, art , nature .

You seem bitter , you should try to get out of India & see the world, it may help you .
For people who have been to West bengal and visited Calcutta, Bangladesh and Dhaka doesn't hold any attraction.

I don’t deny the existence of unique culture, language, food, buildings, art, nature, et cetera in Bangladesh, but the question still remains. Who really goes there. I would suggest you make better use of that money and go somewhere else, maybe Sri Lanka

Bangladesh has tourists from the world . Try leaving the RSs academy & go visit your neighbour country .

You can try visiting Sylhet too. Nice tea garden there.

I also recommend seeing some YouTube travel vlog channels. See what their experiences are like.

Here is a Palestinian traveler who made a vlog in Bangladesh:

Thanks bro .

A week is a long time to visit a few cities . I usually hire a car but might get a driver .

To the OP, visit Maldives. At least you will get to see beautiful blue water and get to live for a couple of days in rooms constructed right into the Indian Ocean.

Visiting chaotic countries is waste of money unless you are visiting for religious and spiritual reasons.

I’ve seen many tropical blue sea sand etc . I’ve been to all continents bar Australisia .

Chaos is authentic.

Dont worry when the rss nutjobs are out of power , I’ll visit India too , to see the great Islamic history

🇧🇩
There's not much site seeing in Dhaka to be honest. It's the capital and is a commercial hub. Too much traffic. If you want to see the real Dhaka it's better to get a local friend and travel with him within Dhaka. Then you will get the feel of the people, can taste the mouth watering foods. People are generally very friendly but there are dangers like any city in the sub con.

You'll be much safer and enjoy more if a local guy is with you.

If you want to go outside Dhaka and visit BD there are many places you can go. First destination should be the longest unstopped natural sea beach in the world coxsbazar. You can visit the hilly areas of chottogram, the tea hills of shylet. The sundarbans. Kuakata where you can see both the sun setting and rising from the ocean. Visiting outside Dhaka you can do alone as most of the sites I mentioned are tourist sites and generally safe for foreigners. but a local traveling partner always helps

I’ve seen many tropical blue sea sand etc . I’ve been to all continents bar Australisia .

Chaos is authentic.

Dont worry when the rss nutjobs are out of power , I’ll visit India too , to see the great Islamic history
You will not be given Indian visa anyways unless you use your Brit passport.

Couple of absolute unbelievable bitter posters here. A guy wants travel advise visiting a country, if you don't like the country ignore it. Why belittle the country.. unbelievable

@KingKhanWC brother also visit India if you have not been there. It's a beautiful country. And even though what you see online and some people in this forum people are not like this and generally very friendly if you get to know them.

I have not visited Pakistan. Currently I think Pak gov made visa free for Bangladeshis. If I get the free time I might come and visit during the champions trophy. I also might open a thread for travel advice

I have not visited Pakistan. Currently I think Pak gov made visa free for Bangladeshis. If I get the free time I might come and visit during the champions trophy. I also might open a thread for travel advice

Beautiful country, and you will really enjoy your time in Pakistan. The food is amazing. The people are very lively and friendly. There are many historical and picturesque monuments to visit. If you like the mountains, they have the best of them in Kashmir.. Really worth going to Pakistan.

There's not much site seeing in Dhaka to be honest. It's the capital and is a commercial hub. Too much traffic. If you want to see the real Dhaka it's better to get a local friend and travel with him within Dhaka. Then you will get the feel of the people, can taste the mouth watering foods. People are generally very friendly but there are dangers like any city in the sub con.

You'll be much safer and enjoy more if a local guy is with you.

If you want to go outside Dhaka and visit BD there are many places you can go. First destination should be the longest unstopped natural sea beach in the world coxsbazar. You can visit the hilly areas of chottogram, the tea hills of shylet. The sundarbans. Kuakata where you can see both the sun setting and rising from the ocean. Visiting outside Dhaka you can do alone as most of the sites I mentioned are tourist sites and generally safe for foreigners. but a local traveling partner always helps

I have a lot of Bengali friends. I thought I’d ask here first as some may insist I go when they are present . But you’re spot on , having a local saves so much time & you can communicate better . When I travel meeting people is the best part , hearing their stories & their future thoughts of the country .

I think Pak & bang will now see more travel between the lands . Pakistanis still have to pay visa to enter but now with new governments hopefully this will change . British would be free I assume ? If not it won’t be a huge fee .

I think Pak & bang will now see more travel between the lands . Pakistanis still have to pay visa to enter but now with new governments hopefully this will change . British would be free I assume ? If not it won’t be a huge fee .
Not sure but if you have British passport you might be eligible for on arrival visa.

Good luck let us know how it goes, you should defo go and explore, big bonus it’s a muslim nation to and naturally going to be a lot more welcoming.

Good luck let us know how it goes, you should defo go and explore, big bonus it’s a muslim nation to and naturally going to be a lot more welcoming.

@KingKhanWC will have a great time in sha Allah.

It is not much different than other parts of subcontinent. I expect him to like the foods.

Biriyani is common throughout the subcontinent. The two foods you must not miss while you are in West Bengal or Bangladesh are Hilsha in mustard and Prawn Malaikari.

Biriyani is common throughout the subcontinent. The two foods you must not miss while you are in West Bengal or Bangladesh are Hilsha in mustard and Prawn Malaikari.

I have tried biryanis from India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. Bangladeshi biryanis taste a bit different.

I personally love Bangladeshi biryani the most. Kachhi biryani is the best.

Biryani is my favourite... would love to try Bangladeshi biryani.

is it more like a hyderabadi biryani?

Bangladeshi biryani has its own taste.

There are different variants of biryani in Bangladesh. Kachhi biryani is the best one (to me at least). There is also Haji biryani. There is beef tehari; it is another variant of beef biryani.

I have tried biryanis from India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. Bangladeshi biryanis taste a bit different.

I personally love Bangladeshi biryani the most. Kachhi biryani is the best.
Yeah, subtle changes in flavor and taste of Biriyani takes place in different regions. But Hilsha in mustard is a Bangladeshi speciality. Prawn Malaikari is also very popular in West Bengal, and though perhaps not as much in Bangladesh, I am sure he will find some good places which serve it. T

Yeah, subtle changes in flavor and taste of Biriyani takes place in different regions. But Hilsha in mustard is a Bangladeshi speciality. Prawn Malaikari is also very popular in West Bengal, and though perhaps not as much in Bangladesh, I am sure he will find some good places which serve it. T

I am not a fan of mustard Hilsa. LOL. I don't like mustard a lot. I also don't recommend it to non-Bangladeshis.

If I have to eat hilsa, I prefer it with potato or pumpkin (it needs to be very spicy).

I am not a fan of mustard Hilsa. LOL. I don't like mustard a lot. I also don't recommend it to non-Bangladeshis.

If I have to eat hilsa, I prefer it with potato or pumpkin (it needs to be very spicy).
I actually like any preparations of Hilsha from simple fry to mustard Hilsha. It's by far my favorite food. I recommended Mustard Hilsha because it's the most famous. But perhaps for a non bengali the smell and taste can be too aggressive.

You will not be given Indian visa anyways unless you use your Brit passport.

Even then he may not get Indian Visa.

Doesn't matter what passport he holds, his Pakistani origin means he will be treated as a Pakistani only.

Biman Bangladesh flies direct between London and Dhaka. He can take that flight.

Even then he may not get Indian Visa.

Doesn't matter what passport he holds, his Pakistani origin means he will be treated as a Pakistani only.

Biman Bangladesh flies direct between London and Dhaka. He can take that flight.
This Bangladesh visit is never happening. We have lots of armchair travellers here.

Visit Cox's Bazar it has the longest natural sea beach in the world. You can catch a direct flight from Dhaka. Nothing much to do in Dhaka, apart from eating out in fancy restaurants or doing shisha, the shisha places are fancier than new york in steinway or in turkey.

Food to try:
Dhaka - fuchka, bhuna khichudi, beef chap, biryani ofcourse. - Dhaka
Chittagong - Mezban (world's best beef)
Cox's Bazar - Stay in Simon Hotel (get a sea view room and try the seafood (fresh grilled lobster and prawn)

Right now relationship between Pakistan & Bangladesh are at an all time high so you will be well received. Have fun brother and enjoy your stay. If you do visit cox's bazar let me know, I can get you discount in a 4 start hotel :butt

Back