Visiting India Was Like Stepping Into Future: Pakistani tourist

IamIndian

Tape Ball Star
Runs
Islamabad: Noted Pakistani foreign policy expert Uzair Younus has said that his first-hand experience of the expanding digital footprint in India during a recent visit to the country made him feel like he was visiting a state from the future. Looking at the well-maintained dargah in his ancestral village, which is visited primarily by Hindus, he said that Pakistanis are being fed the "lies of hate for the sake of politics".

Noted Pakistani foreign policy expert Uzair Younus has said that his first-hand experience of the expanding digital footprint in India during a recent visit to the country made him feel like he was visiting a state from the future. Looking at the well-maintained dargah in his ancestral village, which is visited primarily by Hindus, he said that Pakistanis are being fed the "lies of hate for the sake of politics".

Uzair Younus, the director of the Pakistan Initiative at the Atlantic Council's South Asia Center, made the remark in a podcast on a private YouTube channel named 'The Pakistan Experience'.

In the podcast, he spoke of his experience during a recent visit to India, as well as the skyrocketing inflation in his homeland, India's digital strides and communal harmony in India, among other topics.

The 'Pakistan Experience' is an independently-produced podcast.

Uzair Younus, director of the Pakistan Initiative at the Atlantic Council's South Asia Center, said there is an energy among the people of India.

"The Indians are brimming with energy. They exude positive vibes and an attitude that 'this is our moment. If not now, then never," Younus said in the video.

He said what gives Indians this attitude is the investment in the infrastructure in the country, as well as the efforts being undertaken to digitise the economy.

He also spoke about how impressed he was when he saw a cobbler in Mumbai offering a QR code scanner to his customers to enable digital payment.

"A paan shop owner also had a QR code scanner. Cash was not needed at all," he said.

He said he watched in awe as people had kachoris at eateries and seem to leave just like that. Though he was initially confused why they were leaving without paying for their meals, it him later that they had done so digitally, he said.

"I was wondering why the shopkeeper was allowing his customers to leave without paying for their meals. Then I saw that there was a PayTm QR code and the customers were simply scanning the code to make the payments," he added.

The foreign policy expert recalled that he asked his friend how the shopkeeper was keeping track of the payments received.

"What I learnt from my friend is that fin-techs have started selling smart speakers that are connected to the merchant's wallet. While the merchant is busy tending to his customers, the smart speakers will make an announcement every time a payment is received," he said.

To this, the show host quipped that Younis must have visited a state from the future. The foreign policy expert nodded in the affirmative.

He noted further that cash is still used in India, and cash circulation is, in fact, 13 per cent of the country the GDP. "While in Pakistan, it is 20 per cent," he said.

"Pakistan doesn't even have a 5G network, what Jio did there (in India)," the show host said.

The Pakistani foreign policy expert said he was also impressed how everyone in India has zero balance accounts, UPI and mobile phone access.

He said, "Our generation had digitised IDs and passports but we didn't take the next step. We lagged. We did it just for the sake of it."

"The cost of sending money on UPI is zero because the Indian government provides for the necessary infrastructure. The Indian government mandates that every citizen with an Aadhar card should have the right to zero balance, zero cost bank account," Younus noted.

He said it was like something new for him that people living in remote Indian villages have Aadhar, as well as zero-balance bank accounts.

"This is what the Modi government has done in India. He was criticised at that time and was blamed for wasting government money. People said that opening bank accounts with zero balance, with subsidies from banks, would result in nothing. But it has transformed lives," he said.

"Government subsidies made digital wallets more popular, encouraged the delivery of services through digital means, reduced corruption and enabled more digital payments. Because now, you can not only open a bank account on an e-wallet but also avail insurance as well as credit," he said.

"My paternal grandfather's village, Ghed Bagasra near Rajkot, only has a population of 3000 but has access to 4G LTE," he said.

"My father asked me to visit a dargah where my ancestors are buried. Even the flower shop next to the dargah offered a QR code to his customers," he added.

https://www.indiandefensenews.in/2023/03/visiting-india-was-like-stepping-into.html

Last edited by a moderator:
India has done a great job with IT in general so in a sense this not a surprise to me at all.

IT is a very high level term here. People are going to think Java programmers etc. I think what impressed the writer here is the digitization of banking and finance. It was surreal for me to see the person selling small toys on the street or panwallahs taking QR codes and using Google pays now like it’s a normal thing. It’s hard not to be impressed. As an Indian who visited India after 3-4 years last year I was stunned at the change.

The digital payment scene in India is mighty impressive, not only in performance but also in penetration. As mentioned, even street vendors now accept payment through Google pay and other Indian platforms like RuPay.
People have actually stopped carrying cash around nowadays, and some banks have even started closing down ATMs due to falling demand.

Its adapatability of people. But its the same in Pakistan. If it opens up and changes priorities, you will see exactly the same results there. Some variation of demonetization is needed.

India is also rapidly expanding its other infrastructures too. Good infrastructure leads to good investments.

Last edited:
IT is a very high level term here. People are going to think Java programmers etc. I think what impressed the writer here is the digitization of banking and finance. It was surreal for me to see the person selling small toys on the street or panwallahs taking QR codes and using Google pays now like it’s a normal thing. It’s hard not to be impressed. As an Indian who visited India after 3-4 years last year I was stunned at the change.

You are right. Even sabziwalas also use these apps. UPI is the best thing that has happened to digitization of banking in India. :inti

You are right. Even sabziwalas also use these apps. UPI is the best thing that has happened to digitization of banking in India. :inti

The digitization brought a lot of people into the banking system and tax bracket. That’s the bigger point than just the technology.

and a lot of that success was due to do with Aadhar scheme initiated by UPA government. I remember BJP was opposed to its implementation but changed their tune once they got into power. It will be same for UPA. if they ever come back to power, they will more or less continue all the major programs initiated by NDA. I think there is a broad consensus among political leaders on general direction they want to take the country. They seem to disagree on implementation details, social ideologies, local politics, etc. I think that's a good sign for the country's future. A lot of NDA schemes are rebranded UPA schemes, which were also supported by lot of previous government. This government seems to be doing a much better job of implementing some of these schemes allowing them to reap the benefits at the polls.

and a lot of that success was due to do with Aadhar scheme initiated by UPA government. I remember BJP was opposed to its implementation but changed their tune once they got into power. It will be same for UPA. if they ever come back to power, they will more or less continue all the major programs initiated by NDA. I think there is a broad consensus among political leaders on general direction they want to take the country. They seem to disagree on implementation details, social ideologies, local politics, etc. I think that's a good sign for the country's future. A lot of NDA schemes are rebranded UPA schemes, which were also supported by lot of previous government. This government seems to be doing a much better job of implementing some of these schemes allowing them to reap the benefits at the polls.

All Indian political parties have flaws but they all did something or the other that benefit the common people even though they should be held accountable for a lot of lazy decisions too.

Even though I banter with Pakistanis here sure there are some issues with the current govt too but doesn’t mean they didn’t do a stellar job of implementing very risky moves that could have ended up as disaster.

I never thought a central govt would make a decision on Ram Mandir and control the aftermath peacefully. The rode the wave of article 370 and demonetization pretty well too. The entire credit for digitalization should go to Modi and his team.

Only this aspect is good.. everything else is work in progress.

Taking things a bit out of context in the title. Making payments digital doesn't fundamentally alter lives of people. It's just a small convenience when making a purchase.

Taking things a bit out of context in the title. Making payments digital doesn't fundamentally alter lives of people. It's just a small convenience when making a purchase.

More digital transactions means more transparency and lesser scope of tax fraud and other illegal financial activities . Also brings more people in the banking system. There was a huge underbelly economy in India and especially subcontinent it exists. A lot of that has been brought into the banking system.

It’s not the technology but the scale at which it has been implemented.

That’s a larger point.

More digital transactions means more transparency and lesser scope of tax fraud and other illegal financial activities .

That is pretty funny coming from someone who just applauded Modi for not taking any questions from the media or the voters.

This actually ties into what I have been saying for a while, and now there's data to back it up.

Which was that Pakistan's official GDP is artificially low because of all the cash payments that don't count towards the GDP number. Whereas India and BD have done a better job at digital payments. Now the data bears that.

I am not necessarily saying that having more cash payments is a good thing, but rather it makes the GDP appear smaller than what it probably is.

Nope completely untrue, it opens up inclusion of an entire new demographic into the financial system automatically educating them and giving them more exposure.

Last edited:
That is pretty funny coming from someone who just applauded Modi for not taking any questions from the media or the voters.

His voters vote for him. No? Every survey shows he is extremely popular. So he is doing fine.

What is so impressive about that though? It has transformed lives? That's news to me. India is still a massively overpopulated, poverty ridden nation and certain parts of the country are downright pathetic.

We cant provide enough jobs for the youth in this country and it's going to be a bigger issue going forward with automation taking away jobs as well.

Let me not get started on the health and nutrition standards in this country.

If not for credit card benefits, I would prefer cash any day. Why would anyone willingly compromise their privacy and give full control to government? Haven't you seen governments freezing accounts, it happened in Canada.

5G is most gimmicky and useless tech related roll out ever. Drains battery and is only advantageous in very few zones. It has even been found to be slower than 5G in some cases.

India is chaotic but it's organized chaos and somehow works. India has always leapfrogged tech since 1990s. I have seen this change right in front of my eyes.

But to call a country futuristic based on digital payment is hilarious. People in India warmed up to idea of digital currency due to ****** quality of Indian notes, it's hot and sweaty and notes are always in poor shape, given the population density of India number of ATMs and banks is inadequate, chances of theft and robbery are much higher with hard cash. People are just fed up of going to banks to deposit and withdraw, Rupee has weakened a lot and it's a pain to count huge sum of money.

Do we ever call China a futuristic country based on their surveillance camera's, social credit and biometrics collection? No, it will lead to total government control.

It's the same case with infrastructure, US infrastructure is old and Delhi/Dubai metro have leapfrogged the systems in countries who peaked early. Of-course anything India builds or adopts now will be swanky and futuristic.

It's more than convenience. Since transaction is at the heart of everything that we do, digitization has not just made it convenient but allowed business and economy to thrive leading to far reaching outcome in terms of revenue generation and investment leading to a very positive cycle of events.

My US Executive came last year and was stunned to see the changes. They were baffled that while their economy is 50 years ahead the fintech and digitization in India has already left them behind.

Modi has plenty of flaws but not catring to whims of certain class of journalists is definitely not one of them.

This actually ties into what I have been saying for a while, and now there's data to back it up.

Which was that Pakistan's official GDP is artificially low because of all the cash payments that don't count towards the GDP number. Whereas India and BD have done a better job at digital payments. Now the data bears that.

I am not necessarily saying that having more cash payments is a good thing, but rather it makes the GDP appear smaller than what it probably is.

Or more like people in Pakistan are richer but government is poor, in India is opposite. This is also true for North Indian states who are culturally more similar to Pakistan.

But I believe India has lifted so many out of poverty in BIMARU states in recent years that it's believable now that Indians are indeed more richer now and Pakistan govt is bankrupt is a hard fact.

What is so impressive about that though? It has transformed lives? That's news to me. India is still a massively overpopulated, poverty ridden nation and certain parts of the country are downright pathetic.

We cant provide enough jobs for the youth in this country and it's going to be a bigger issue going forward with automation taking away jobs as well.

Let me not get started on the health and nutrition standards in this country.

Uzair himself seemed genuine about the progress of digitization, but there's some hyperbole going there for obvious clickbait/logarithms reasons (the guy who runs the podcast knows how to augment the traffic by targetting patriotism, fair enough, it's marketing after all, but that contextualizes the words used).

I'd advise people to go through the whole podcast, Uzair brought up many good points showing that India's going in the right direction at least.

:)) that’s the worst takeaway you can have from this especially if you love Pakistan.

You probably are still stuck in the debate of India and Bangladesh economy is doing better and still trying to point score.

This has nothing to do with GDP etc. obviously it betters a lot of economic factors as your banking and financial transparency gets better.

One of Pakistan’s biggest problem is hoarding $ which is why the rupee is becoming worthless by the day. I am not saying this will totally solve this but as I said all these problems add up and digitization is the future of finance.

It’s not that easy. Let’s hope your governments try implementing it as well and not taking a dig here but heard Google pay left Pakistan. Focus on those things instead of how you can use a mathematical
formula to prove Pakistan is more prosperous than India.

If not for credit card benefits, I would prefer cash any day. Why would anyone willingly compromise their privacy and give full control to government? Haven't you seen governments freezing accounts, it happened in Canada.

5G is most gimmicky and useless tech related roll out ever. Drains battery and is only advantageous in very few zones. It has even been found to be slower than 5G in some cases.

India is chaotic but it's organized chaos and somehow works. India has always leapfrogged tech since 1990s. I have seen this change right in front of my eyes.

But to call a country futuristic based on digital payment is hilarious. People in India warmed up to idea of digital currency due to ****** quality of Indian notes, it's hot and sweaty and notes are always in poor shape, given the population density of India number of ATMs and banks is inadequate, chances of theft and robbery are much higher with hard cash. People are just fed up of going to banks to deposit and withdraw, Rupee has weakened a lot and it's a pain to count huge sum of money.

Do we ever call China a futuristic country based on their surveillance camera's, social credit and biometrics collection? No, it will lead to total government control.

It's the same case with infrastructure, US infrastructure is old and Delhi/Dubai metro have leapfrogged the systems in countries who peaked early. Of-course anything India builds or adopts now will be swanky and futuristic.
This! Well said!

Digital payments started happening due to demonetization, an unmitigated disaster helmed by feku himself.

In fact, the amount of cash in circulation these days is multiple times that of cash in circulation during 2016. So why isn't the so called digital revolution not helping us to reduce the surfeit of supply of cash in Indian economy then?

Reality is, whatever is fed into gullibles' becomes gospel's truth for them.

:)) that’s the worst takeaway you can have from this especially if you love Pakistan.

You probably are still stuck in the debate of India and Bangladesh economy is doing better and still trying to point score.

This has nothing to do with GDP etc. obviously it betters a lot of economic factors as your banking and financial transparency gets better.

One of Pakistan’s biggest problem is hoarding $ which is why the rupee is becoming worthless by the day. I am not saying this will totally solve this but as I said all these problems add up and digitization is the future of finance.

It’s not that easy. Let’s hope your governments try implementing it as well and not taking a dig here but heard Google pay left Pakistan. Focus on those things instead of how you can use a mathematical
formula to prove Pakistan is more prosperous than India.

You didn't really reply to the point. Is GDP not a measure of observable spending in economy? Does making payments digital not increase the amount of spending that can be observed and counted toward the GDP?

That's all there is to know. Yes I would agree with your other points on the benefits of digital payments. But at the same time you can't deny the fact that Pakistan not having as much digital payments will result in a smaller GDP number.

Uzair himself seemed genuine about the progress of digitization, but there's some hyperbole going there for obvious clickbait/logarithms reasons (the guy who runs the podcast knows how to augment the traffic by targetting patriotism, fair enough, it's marketing after all, but that contextualizes the words used).

I'd advise people to go through the whole podcast, Uzair brought up many good points showing that India's going in the right direction at least.

India has always been going in the right direction, or at least it was. But since they have voted in a party which has connections with hardcore Hindutva movements, I would say it is no longer going in the right direction. Digital payments are signs of progress, but how much of that can be attributed to Modi I would be highly sceptical.

In ten years of we keep on the path we are India will be sonfar ahead of us we will cry for a leader like Khan but he will be gone and we will have Bilawal. Hell half our young eillbe doing business in dhaka.
they are already going and setting up there. I know at least one family aquantance who has closed their karachi offices and are now in dubai and dhaka. She doesn't hold less than a gucci bag. If we continue to let these family oligarchs rule us Afghanistan will be ahead of us..

Uzair's interview should serve as an eye opener for many people..he not only talks about digital banking progress but also physical infrastructure, hindu Muslim unity and brotherhood and economy in general..the fact that Rajkot municipality budget is greater than that of Karachi..

India has always been going in the right direction, or at least it was. But since they have voted in a party which has connections with hardcore Hindutva movements, I would say it is no longer going in the right direction. Digital payments are signs of progress, but how much of that can be attributed to Modi I would be highly sceptical.

A lot of it. He started a trinity of JAM.
Jan Dhan yojana: Getting people to start a bank account, which led to direct distribution of cash without middle man.
Aadhar Enrollment: KYC was enforced for better identification which reduced leakages.
Mudra loans: Government gave cheap loans.

Even (not necessarily pro Modi) journalists have acknowledged it. UPI has led to everyone using it and increased financial inclusivity.

A lot of it. He started a trinity of JAM.
Jan Dhan yojana: Getting people to start a bank account, which led to direct distribution of cash without middle man.
Aadhar Enrollment: KYC was enforced for better identification which reduced leakages.
Mudra loans: Government gave cheap loans.

Even (not necessarily pro Modi) journalists have acknowledged it. UPI has led to everyone using it and increased financial inclusivity.

You could do all that without shredding previous records in got offices and giving some appreciation that being co-erced to learn the English language actually got tyou o such a place, even if you don't appreciate it.

Don't know about digitalization, but India has made a huge progress in some aspects in the last 10 years.

elec.jpg

Poverty.jpg

Plenty of work to be done in India. Extreme poverty is one thing, poverty should be the next goal.

Corona actually quickened the process as people were not comfortable exchanging notes and coins.

Centre Plans Security Crackdown On Pre-Installed Smartphone Apps: Report
"Pre-installed apps can be a weak security point and we want to ensure no foreign nations, including China, are exploiting it. It's a matter of national security," an official added.

Centre plans to force smartphone makers to allow removal of pre-installed apps and mandate screening of major operating system updates under proposed new security rules, according to two people and a government document seen by Reuters.
The new rules, details of which have not been previously reported, could extend launch timelines in the world's No.2 smartphone market and lead to losses in business from pre-installed apps for players including Samsung, Xiaomi, Vivo, and Apple.

The IT ministry is considering these new rules amid concerns about spying and abuse of user data, said a senior government official, one of the two people, declining to be named as the information is not yet public.

"Pre-installed apps can be a weak security point and we want to ensure no foreign nations, including China, are exploiting it. It's a matter of national security," the official added.

Centre has ramped up scrutiny of Chinese businesses since a 2020, banning more than 300 Chinese apps, including TikTok. It has also intensified scrutiny of investments by Chinese firms.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/cen...-apps-report-3859465#pfrom=home-ndtv_bigstory

I was in Bangalore over the weekend, [MENTION=113824]Nikhil_cric[/MENTION] [MENTION=139758]pillionrider[/MENTION]

was shocked at the massive development going on, almost unrecognizable the outer ring road, ITPL, Airport area and there is an app for literally everything, the people delivering groceries was faster than getting ready and going down.

Massive downside is still the damn congestion at roads, but in 3-4 years after all the metro is constructed hopefully it will be amazing to see, I went there after 2015, so have to say was super impressed but the migration is out of control and apartments and offices are so many in number now.

But Bengaluru seems like the back office of the world, even for startups!

While digitization is great and will definitely help make no mistake the biggest beneficiary of this is the government who will have recorded the transactions plus gst etc.

It’s somewhat good to see first time the government trying to keep up with private or even forcing them to adopt but let’s not forget the dictatorial nature of BJP.

I was in Bangalore over the weekend, [MENTION=113824]Nikhil_cric[/MENTION] [MENTION=139758]pillionrider[/MENTION]

was shocked at the massive development going on, almost unrecognizable the outer ring road, ITPL, Airport area and there is an app for literally everything, the people delivering groceries was faster than getting ready and going down.

Massive downside is still the damn congestion at roads, but in 3-4 years after all the metro is constructed hopefully it will be amazing to see, I went there after 2015, so have to say was super impressed but the migration is out of control and apartments and offices are so many in number now.

The traffic is unvelievably bad now though. I hope there's some light at the end of this tunnel for us.

But yeah , I can hardly recognize the city anymore. The infrastructure has to keep up with this development though and like you said , hopefully that will improve in due time.

I just hope they have plans to reverse the rapid deforestation etc. But that's too much to ask for, lol. Didn't know you were back in India. Welcome back :inti

The traffic is unvelievably bad now though. I hope there's some light at the end of this tunnel for us.

But yeah , I can hardly recognize the city anymore. The infrastructure has to keep up with this development though and like you said , hopefully that will improve in due time.

I just hope they have plans to reverse the rapid deforestation etc. But that's too much to ask for, lol. Didn't know you were back in India. Welcome back :inti

Yeah was visiting, went to meet few friends, I still have to say I like B’lore love the energy there compared to other cities, it’s probably due to my field as well.

Can you elaborate on this? What are some examples of policy decisions that are dictatorial according to you? Thanks

Literally demonetization, freedom of press, tax laws, article 370

Again the comparison is between Governments from 1991, so plz don't bring in Indira Gandhi and all.

Uzair's interview should serve as an eye opener for many people..he not only talks about digital banking progress but also physical infrastructure, hindu Muslim unity and brotherhood and economy in general..the fact that Rajkot municipality budget is greater than that of Karachi..

Thats a good summary. Add women participation in the economy ... he covered that using tailoring example.

Yeah was visiting, went to meet few friends, I still have to say I like B’lore love the energy there compared to other cities, it’s probably due to my field as well.

The ethnic diversity in Bangalore Urban district is astonishing. I read a report some time back saying that the are speakers of more languages than any other district in India.

Literally demonetization, freedom of press, tax laws, article 370.

Freedom of press... I see all the usual anti-Modi Indian journalists still active. Barkha, Rajdeep, Karan etc. In what way has that regressed ?

Again the comparison is between Governments from 1991, so plz don't bring in Indira Gandhi and all.

Agreed... but the reason why people make those comparisons is that the Congress party is still run like it has always been and that they have never so much as expressed any regret or remorse never mind apologizing for the horrors that they were responsible for.

The ethnic diversity in Bangalore Urban district is astonishing. I read a report some time back saying that the are speakers of more languages than any other district in India.

Absolutely and the food variety is so good now, way too many breweries though lol along with world’s largest microbrewery Ironhill, man that place had nothing back then.

I do think it’s going towards gated models where ppl don’t even care to go outside their communities anymore.. everything is within.

Thats one key reason why Modi gets votes, for their long term vision.

The previous finance minister of India , Rahul Gandhi , these big Congress leaders are all on records, laughing and lamenting on why “poor India” needs digitalisation and bank accounts. It is so wrong and shows full incompetence.

All poor & rich deserves and welcomes, simple and easy methods, and that includes different technology. Demonisation was another factor which boosted India image and digitisation.

Article 370 had no place in the Indian constitution. Thats why Ambedkar refused to draft it. Nehru introduced it as a temporary article and then didn't scrap it.

One nation one constitution.

Can you elaborate on the tax laws part?

Freedom of Press or expression under the Indian constitution isnt unlimited. It has reasonable restrictions applied to it.

Yes...converting the currency, it looks like Rajkot's budget is more than twice that of Karachi.

yes I was quite surprised by this especially considering that the Population of Rajkot is about 2 million whereas Karachi is almost 17 million. The disparity in terms money spent per capita is soo huge ... maybe there is more to it than just raw numbers.

Abolishing article 370 actually has been welcomed by the common man on the street in Kashmir. The means may be harsh and even undemocratic in certain ways but it has rendered the existing political mafia who benefited from the status quo completely toothless.

I do agree with your other points though. Demonetization was show off , some of the Covid management lacked empathy , economy has underperformed and the government is very vindictive to anybody that criticizes them(lot of it is biased and **) and completely indifferent to the mess created by right wing fringe elements.

No doubt India has done a great job in IT. Just saying that contact any call centre and an Indian is sure to answer:))):))):))):))):)))

Yes...converting the currency, it looks like Rajkot's budget is more than twice that of Karachi.

yes I was quite surprised by this especially considering that the Population of Rajkot is about 2 million whereas Karachi is almost 17 million. The disparity in terms money spent per capita is soo huge ... maybe there is more to it than just raw numbers.

It only makes sense if the comparison is done apples to apples. i.e. what is the responsibility of the city government in both places vs federal and/or province. If there's a huge disparity then it could explain a lot. I do remember City government system was gutted around 15 years ago to give more responsibility/power to the provincial government in Pakistan .

Yeah COVID really kicked off the mass adoption of digital payments and moving away from brick and mortar places. Some older folk whose primary income were these grocery stores servicing local streets have suffered. But overall, pretty much everything is available through your phone. And fast, despite the traffic. Stepping out on a Friday or Saturday is a nightmare though and as you mention elsewhere, the future is one where people become more and more insular. I don't live in the tech-dominated part but I can see the kids of families that do, having no clue about the world outside of their bubble. And I'm not sure, how that will work out for them in the future.

Pakistani Vlogger's Bike Tour Of India Is Winning Hearts Across Borders
During his tour, he found that despite the hostile relationship between the two countries, he was received with immense warmth.

Pakistani vlogger Abrar Hassan took a motorbike trip around India. Mr Hassan completed his 'friendship tour' in 30 days and covered 7,000 km. During his tour, he found that despite the hostile relationship between the two countries, he was received with immense warmth.
The biker shared several videos of different meetups in cities including Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan, Mumbai, Kerala and more. The vlogger documented his journey on his Youtube handle, WildLens by Abrar.

Mr Hassan rides a BMW adventure bike and films his travels with helmet-mounted/ hand-held professional cameras.

He was hosted by many for a meal, others showed their affection by riding alongside on their own bikes.

Mr Hassan started his journey on April 3 and wrote, "Welcome to India after trying to get a visa for years finally this time I made it and not only me but also Rangeeli."

On his trip to Kerala, Mr Hassan talked about the reason why Kerala is called God's own country. He wrote, "There is a reason why Kerala is Called God's Own Country and the Backwaters of Kerala is probably one of many spectacular places in Kerala which one should see."

He also shared his experience about Rajasthan, he wrote, "Rajasthan India's largest state by area also known as Land of kings is not only home to one of the most fascinating cultural but also blessed with some of the most beautiful Forts, Palaces, Temples & Mosques. Here I'm standing infront of the beautiful Hawa Mahal."

On May 14, he wrote, "India is blessed with such a diverse landscape from North to South. Every day I witnessed something different and the friendliness of the locals made it even better."

Several fans commented on his pictures and videos. A user wrote, "All of your India series videos especially the Punjab ones are so heartwarming.. I watched them twice.. Keep up the good work."

https://www.ndtv.com/feature/pakist...borders-4117292#pfrom=home-ndtv_lateststories

Back