West Indies v India: 1st ODI, Sabina Park, Jamiaca

Status
Not open for further replies.
zaf1986 said:
Agarkar to Baugh, no run, quicker one from Agarkar, at 83mph, Baugh opens the face of the bat and runs it down to Yuvraj at point
:))) :)))

Last edited:
West indies started the 35th over on 187/3 and should have been aiming for 75-80 runs atleast in the 10 overs of this match with plenty of wickets in hand. west indies cricket has been poor. No improvisation, no-one has taken bull by the horns.

West indies finish 251/6

64 runs off the last 10 overs. Thats around a run a ball and to me the bowling side will be happier with that. West indies should have got 280-300.

Very good score.

Should trouble the Indians.

Amjid Javed said:
West indies started the 35th over on 187/3 and should have been aiming for 75-80 runs atleast in the 10 overs of this match with plenty of wickets in hand. west indies cricket has been poor. No improvisation, no-one has taken bull by the horns.

West indies finish 251/6

64 runs off the last 10 overs. Thats around a run a ball and to me the bowling side will be happier with that. West indies should have got 280-300.

I completely agree. With 7 wickets in hand in last 10 overs they should have at least made 75-85 runs. Let's see what happens in next half. How is the pitch like?

I was hoping WI wud get past 300..wud have been fun watchin indians chase a big score!

chuck said:
I completely agree. With 7 wickets in hand in last 10 overs they should have at least made 75-85 runs. Let's see what happens in next half. How is the pitch like?

Pitch is pretty even paced and has some decent bounce which will help batsmen play their shots. Fidel edwards v sehwag and dravid should be fun.

I think west indies are 25-30 runs short here.

zaf1986 said:
Question is can the windies bowlers bowl well enough?
that is the tough one. I feel that India can get this target with their always realiable batting line up. Will be a good contest.

zaf1986 said:

taylor and bradshaw are containers and on this wicket may struggle. Edwards extra pace may cause problems. west indies lack of decent spinner may haunt them here.

yes there is gayle and if he bowls he will have 2 do a good job.

Do not forget it is a 45 over match. 251 could be challenging. Let us see how India starts.

zaf1986 said:
Well a target of 252 in 45 overs is a fighting total. If they can get some early wickets then ... who knows... they might win. Would be a batting treat if Indians get going though.

might be a hard one considering most indian batsmen have not faced these bowlers before.....

Amjid Javed said:
taylor and bradshaw are containers and on this wicket may struggle. Edwards extra pace may cause problems. west indies lack of decent spinner may haunt them here.

yes there is gayle and if he bowls he will have 2 do a good job.

Taylor is no container; very aggressive FAST bowler.

Edwards need to crank up his pace - 90+ MPH.

sehwag and dravid to open.

india 5/0 (1.1)

sehwag sqaure drives taylor for 4

Dravid seems to be opening quite frequently now a days.

sehwag been lucky three times with dodgy across the line swipes.

dravid shows his class with two top shots for 4. 2nd one down ground was pure timing down ground.

india 20/0

sehwag almost run out. poor fielding at stumps, fielder runs to wicket instead of under-arming ball. extra few 2nds hesitation costs west indies.

top shot off legs by sehwag goes for 4.

india 36/0 (6)

WI 253/8(gayle 123)
IND30/0 (sehwag dropped once and luckly survived a runout)

**** INDIA

Wasnt this supposed to be a Greentop??

Sehwag still there but struggling, I feel, in spite of the boundary

Dravid's ODI game has improved considerably in recent times.

sp10006 said:
Wasnt this supposed to be a Greentop??

Sehwag still there but struggling, I feel, in spite of the boundary

greentop in west indies? :))

thats never gona happen!

edwards bouncer and dravid hooks it over keeper for six!

Odd looking Six from Dravid :) Seen sixes like that when hooking but not while pulling.

bradshaw on for taylor. west indies need a wicket.

Similar start by India .. WI were 42/0 after 7 as well.

Neither the Bowler nor the Batsmen able to exert any sort of Control. Sehwag should have put the last couple away

west indies attack has looked pretty toothless thus far!

india 56/1 (9.4)

sehwag lashes ball in air and is dropped yet fielder wakes up and throws ball in and runs him out! very bizare!

Amjid Javed said:
india 56/1 (9.4)

sehwag lashes ball in air and is dropped yet fielder wakes up and throws ball in and runs him out! very bizare!

:))) :))) :)))

Too many chances given by Sehwag. He really wasnt looking too comfortable either

Pathan in as pinch hitter and is out!

just gets 1 run.

india 62/2

And Pathan follows almost immediately - caught at slip.

These chaps at cricinfo take the biscuit!!!

What on earth are they going on about!!!!!!

Thanks Sriram, Indian openers were cautious for most part but they came down hard on the bad deliveries, Sehwag and Dravid added 56 runs for the first wicket before that terrible mix-up. Gayle treated us to some calypso magic and his one-handed six over midwicket was a gem! just when the amazement was fading away, came that straight six over the keeper's head from Dravid, 'Outrageous' cried Sriram - 'Outrageous' cries Sajan.
End of over 11 (6 runs) - India 62/1 (191 runs required from 34 overs, RR 5.63, RRR: 5.61)

IK Pathan 1* (3b) JE Taylor 5-0-34-0
R Dravid 27* (33b 3x4 1x6) IDR Bradshaw 2-0-10-0

10.6 Taylor to Pathan, 1 run, full and slanting away, Pathan drives a bit early and gets a leading edge through gully to thirdman
10.5 Taylor to Pathan, no run, full and pushed across the left-handed Pathan who punches it to mid-on
10.4 Taylor to Dravid, 1 run, on a length, around the middle stump, Dravid goes back and tucks it close on the on side and they take a single
10.3 Taylor to Dravid, no run, full and outside the off stump, Dravid lunges forward and lets it go
10.2 Taylor to Dravid, no run
10.1 Taylor to Dravid, FOUR, short and Dravid pulls it imperiously through the midwicket

india are gonna win this match easily, the boundty are short, and their have plenty of batsman who can chase this kind of total.... Lara should have batted better...

Gayle only performed so fare

top drive by dravid - gun barrell straight for 4

india 75/2

India are not gonna win this by default. At least one from the top order has to bat well. Dravid is on 28, which is not too much. There is still a lot of work left to do.

Must say the Windies fielding is shocking.

Dravid is the key here in my opinion, get him soon and the Windies will win.

Saj said:
Must say the Windies fielding is shocking.

Dravid is the key here in my opinion, get him soon and the Windies will win.

the discapline in bowling has been awful almost 30 extras in total of 81!

If Dravid bats another 10 - 15 overs then India has a better chance. He is batting beautifully at the moment.

superb catch from samuels to get rid of yuvraj. he was awake this time!

four for dravid down legside, poor ball from bradshaw.

It is getting difficult for India now. Apart from the pair currently in, they only have Dhoni left. What do you guys think??

Dravid finding it tough now, trying to play the role of Sachin Tendulkar. It will be his biggest test yet, to be able to guide a chase at a run a ball in the middle of the innings, where he is not the anchor. He is the enforcer now.....until Dhoni arrives.

Under-pressure kaif needs a big score today to keep his place in the side.

kaif takes up a lot of dot balls at this stage...will certainly be a challenge for india to get home from here

dropped chance by lara.. ball hit like a rocket. should have been caught thou.

kaif was lucky!

Windies need another wicket now. That dropped chance will be crucial.

Tupac said:
Dravid finding it tough now, trying to play the role of Sachin Tendulkar. It will be his biggest test yet, to be able to guide a chase at a run a ball in the middle of the innings, where he is not the anchor. He is the enforcer now.....until Dhoni arrives.

actually doin somtin tendu has never done!

uzzie01 said:
i think wi dosent hav tht much firepower in their bowling.. india may do this one :S

A key will be how the fifth and sixth bowlers Gayle/Samuels bowl. It has been Gayle's day till now....

50 for dravid off just 59 balls...!

indians putting their foot down as kaif pulls thru midwicket for 4

spindoctor said:
A key will be how the fifth and sixth bowlers Gayle/Samuels bowl. It has been Gayle's day till now....

India may find it difficult against Gayle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back