West Indies v Pakistan | 4th ODI | Barbados | 2/5/11 | West Indies Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looney

Senior T20I Player
Runs
249 is the target after some jihaz batting and running by Pakistan . Can West Indies chase it successfully ? :afridi

EDIT - REVISED TARGET IS 223 FROM 39 OVERS

Last edited:
Tanveer >>Fawad..............who disagrees?Shame on him

Ajmal and Afridi needs to bowl really well today.Hafeez should open the bowling

A request to fellow PPer's. Please stop referring to Tanvir Ahmad by other names such as "Aunty" and anything else like that.

He is giving whatever he has for our country and has finally made it to the national team. We should respect those who atleast play for their country and not for money

Put yourself in his place and see how you would feel.

After 3 'easy' (and kind of boring) wins, finally some sort of excitement. :))

Aunty showed some talent though. Anyhow it could be a close one I think.

A request to fellow PPer's. Please stop referring to Tanvir Ahmad by other names such as "Aunty" and anything else like that.

He is giving whatever he has for our country and has finally made it to the national team. We should respect those who atleast play for their country and not for money

Technically everybody plays for money.

But yep, I agree. Not cool bros

After 3 'easy' (and kind of boring) wins, finally some sort of excitement. :))

Aunty showed some talent though. Anyhow it could be a close one I think.
The third match was exciting, the others a little boring. But only a little. In a pleasant sort of way

aray bhai, its not said as an insult, but out of affection

cummon aunty is just his nick, he is doing well for pak and we appreciate that

The pitch and ground are atrocious, so we'll see how Windies bat.

with a slow out field, there total is as good as 265. Also the ball does not come on to the bat once it has lost its hardness, tends to stop a bit on the batsman.

Pak should win this but have to ball well for that

Can some one tell me the reason behined tanveer fatima? ? Why fatimA

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Tanvir could be in for a spanking of Simmons. I hope he proves his haters wrong and takes a few wickets.

Run-out was his fault though.

This could be a tight finish.

hafeez shouldnt bowl much, he must be tired as hell, so at least 8 overs for hammad would be good. hope he gets minimum 2 wickets with good econmy for the sake of his bad batting display tonight. otherwise, he will disappear, this wasnt the same hammad i saw, he want to hit every ball like afridi. he should have better planning.

hafeez shouldnt bowl much, he must be tired as hell, so at least 8 overs for hammad would be good. hope he gets minimum 2 wickets with good econmy for the sake of his bad batting display tonight. otherwise, he will disappear, this wasnt the same hammad i saw, he want to hit every ball like afridi. he should have better planning.
Relax yaar, he came in with 5 overs to go. What did you expect, construct a classical innings?

Although this is partly why I wanted Abdul Razzaq in the side. He usually fires in these situations. Horses for courses, etc

:)) Why so serious about Tanvir's nickname? I'm sure nobody uses it in a demeaning kind of way. You know we respect our fit hardworking cricketers.

Now where's that 'srs business' image? :yk

Relax yaar, he came in with 5 overs to go. What did you expect, construct a classical innings?

Although this is partly why I wanted Abdul Razzaq in the side. He usually fires in these situations. Horses for courses, etc

i didnt expect for him to hit everyball of 5 overs, that would have made him score century.

he was swinging like afridi.

he should have only shot the bad balls and his usuall strokes, and take singles on the rest, not to be afridi. it was bad mindset, hope the management dont punnish him, after all we see him have bat once in a full moon.

Technically everybody plays for money.

But yep, I agree. Not cool bros

Yea everyone does. But what I meant was those players who do not sell their country for money.

aray bhai, its not said as an insult, but out of affection

cummon aunty is just his nick, he is doing well for pak and we appreciate that

If I put myself in his place, and see that people call me like they call him, I wouldn't like it one bit.

Even PPer's use it in a friendly/uninsulting way, Tanveer Ahmad might not like it.

Just a suggestion, as no one likes to be called names I'm pretty sure.

I hope Tanvir get a Wicket in his First over. He has done that in Test and T20 :Tanvir

inshallah hammad will get some wickets to make up for his batting today

"Back. I am interested in Tanvir Ahmed's first over. He has been a bit of a Graeme Swann for Pakistan. He has wickets in the first overs of his Test and T20 debuts. What will he do on his ODi debut? How will West Indies handle this middling chase? "

2.20pm The Pakistani fielders come out... and rush back in, for there is more rain. :D

It is raining really hard. This will result in outfield being more slow. They are putting more and more covers on. I don't think, we see any play soon. So get ready for Mr. D/L to come in.

:facepalm: came back to see a wicket fallen , got excited and then saw the ticker match is delayed . they are shwoing highlights

Last edited:
It is raining really hard. This will result in outfield being more slow. They are putting more and more covers on. I don't think, we see any play soon. So get ready for Mr. D/L to come in.

Thanks ShahidMM. Taufeeq lied to you :O

I never understood how the D/L method worked? Like what's the equation and in this case will it support us? And aw if they don't come out to play soon I'll have to go to bed without watching Junaid Khan's first over :(

I never understood how the D/L method worked? Like what's the equation and in this case will it support us? And aw if they don't come out to play soon I'll have to go to bed without watching Junaid Khan's first over :(
It usually favours the side batting first. I think the equation will be something like 215 needed off 42 overs which is a better run rate than Pakistan managed

westindies westindies
Clearly no resumption soon as grounds staff retreat to their station under scoreboard. Weather seems set for the while

Twitter

So D/L will definitely come into effect now. This is what makes the games in the Windies so dull and boring

From Cricinfo

I am interested in Tanvir Ahmed's first over. He has been a bit of a Graeme Swann for Pakistan. He has wickets in the first overs of his Test and T20 debuts. What will he do on his ODi debut? How will West Indies handle this middling chase?

2.50pm News is not great. Says WICB's Twitter: "Clearly no resumption soon as grounds staff retreat to their station under scoreboard. Weather seems set for the while"

Tanveer-Fatima-BA.jpeg

A brighter update: "Umpires and grounds staff meet in the middle. Covers are being removed. Still very overcast but rain has stopped"

Can some one please tell me about tanvir fatima story? Please anyone iam asking again and again in diff threads but no answer.
I wants to know the story behind tanvir fatima

Can some one please tell me about tanvir fatima story? Please anyone iam asking again and again in diff threads but no answer.

Tanveer-Fatima-BA.jpeg

his nickname is derived from the drama called Tanvir Fatima BA :tanvir

People are making fun about his age.

WI will need to score 223 from 39 overs under D/L method to win match.Resumption at 3:20 p.m

from WICB twitter account, so reliable source:

again:

WI will need to score 223 from 39 overs under D/L method to win match.Resumption at 3:20 p.m

Basically the thing with D/L method is that they reduce the runs but increase the run-rate.

223 of 39 overs? that can't be right. if i was a windies fan i would be fuming at that bs.

d/l method continues to be an outdated and retardes sytem

How much you guys will bet that rana naveed part2 will get a wicket in his first over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back