West Indies v Pakistan | 4th ODI | Barbados | 2/5/11 | West Indies Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even thoug he always perform, he.is more like rana naveed part 2

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

People don't care if he performs or not , they ignore the fact that Tanvir Ahmed averages 25 with the ball in test cricket and make fun of him cause he dosen't bowl phast

How is this calculated ? Would it not make more sense to multiply the average RR of Pakistan with the amount of overs to be played ?

4.96 x 39 overs is what i mean - which should be around 190-something ?

I thought the D/L is biased against the side which loses a large number of wickets..

Well I was wrong

First Power Play 8 overs, 4 overs each bowling & batting respectively. Fielders warming up under grey skies

again from WICB twitter

39 overs maximum; 4 bowlers can bowl 8 overs. Simmons & Edwards open the batting for Windies

How is this calculated ? Would it not make more sense to multiply the average RR of Pakistan with the amount of overs to be played ?

4.96 x 39 overs is what i mean - which should be around 190-something ?
They reduce the NUMBER of runs required but increase the RUN-RATE to make it tougher.

I think it's flawed, though.

We were down 2 wickets only around 40th over, so it played a part in the target staying almost the same but the overs being taken out, that's how I think they got this total, feel free to correct me though.

What a start!

We were down 2 wickets only around 40th over, so it played a part in the target staying almost the same but the overs being taken out, that's how I think they got this total, feel free to correct me though.

What a start!
I don't think they factor the over-by-over scores; I think they just put in the end result.

I might be wrong though. It's a silly system though. Lotsa flaws.

lol D/L method is bogus...we batted at a RR of 4 for the most part of our innings and WI has to chase at a RRR of nearly 6 :)))

They reduce the NUMBER of runs required but increase the RUN-RATE to make it tougher.

I think it's flawed, though.

I think it will be unfair to bowling team to restrict them to 190 odd in 39 overs ... if RR is low and overs are less .. its easy to chase .. so unfair for team batted first

West Indies | 1/7 | 2 Overs | Need 216 runs to win from 37 Overs

2 off the over!

:junaid

84.6 WIDE
speed not shown for 6th delivery

Last edited:
People don't care if he performs or not , they ignore the fact that Tanvir Ahmed averages 25 with the ball in test cricket and make fun of him cause he dosen't bowl phast

Exactly lol, and thats including me, he just isnt your typical pakistan phast bowler, young, slim, able to bowl 138-145 k's and isn't balding

West Indies | 1/9 | 3 Overs | Need 214 runs to win from 36 Overs

2 off the over!

I think it will be unfair to bowling team to restrict them to 190 odd in 39 overs ... if RR is low and overs are less .. its easy to chase .. so unfair for team batted first
I think the target is a little unfair as it's too high

but in d/l I feel the team batting last almost always has the advantage, they can just play more recklessly, knowing they only need to last 39 overs, while the team batting first had to ensure to try and play out the whole of 50 overs.

:tanvir is cranking it up delivery by delivery. according to my prognosis he should beat Akhtar's record by his 7th or 8th over... :akhtar

still dont see why everybody criticizes tanvir ahmad...

very good bowler

bowls good line...good enough pace

he knows what hes doing with the ball

3 matches and 14 wickets in test...is impressive...considering it came against south africa +NZ

West Indies | 1/17 | 4 Overs | Need 206 runs to win from 35 Overs

8 off the over!

still dont see why everybody criticizes tanvir ahmad...

very good bowler

bowls good line...good enough pace

he knows what hes doing with the ball

Who cares if he is a good bowler and takes wickets?The Only things that matters that he isn't fast and isn't 20 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back